Millionaire Matchmaker

• Please log in to reply

3955 replies to this topic

bmb654

bmb654

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 12:21 PM

Bravo's new candid reality show following Patti Stanger, the self-proclaimed "Millionaire Matchmaker." Video preview from Bravo's website.

The first episode aired as a "sneak peek" today. I hate to say it, but I might be hooked.

myopinion

myopinion

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 12:24 PM

This is too funny- I just finished searching the forum topics to see if the show was listed, and then I thought maybe I had the name wrong so I was just about to check the bravo site! I saw bits of it today as well and for sure I will be watching!!!

Quiddler

Quiddler

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 12:34 PM

"If I were a multi-millionaire, I would literally go around the world doing this for people for free. Like a Mother Theresa of matchmaking."

Two words: Shut up, Patti. (My bad, that's three.)

This show reminds me of a real life Pretty Woman. Except Richard Gere was prettier. And Julia's character was at least honest about being a whore for money.

Gah. I am now officially embarassed to be a woman. Thanks, Bravo.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 1:30 PM

I caught what I think was a sneak preview a couple times now. It strikes me odd that she only finds matches for men and has a harem of potential wives for them in the wings.

OK, two things seemed off: what I mentioned above and her clients (despite her claims of being very picky about clients) are wealthy weirdos.

MadameBovary

MadameBovary

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 1:33 PM

I wonder if she would take a millionaire woman?
I am sick and tired of women prostituting themselves. I demand menwhores.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 2:07 PM

Speaking of which, how'd that oriental hooker get in there?

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 5:16 PM

Oriental? Hmmm.

I didn't see this sneak preview, but I have been seeing the commercials for this show. I wonder if the men (and the women) will stick to the "No Sex" clause that the matchmaker claims exists.

truffles17

truffles17

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 5:37 PM

I watched this yesterday. The series doesn't even start till near the end of January, so I'm wondering why they are doing the sneak preview so early?

This looks like a crappy reality show that I could get hooked on, unfortunately.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 5:53 PM

When Patti interviewed one of the guys to ask what he liked and what he was looking for in a woman, he said "big fake bazoomas! I know I'm shallow, but that's what I want." [paraphrasing] That seemed to be his only criteria.

Those "Real Housewives of OC," as vacuous and vapid as they seem to me, evidently have their finger on the pulse of what 21st century Moronic Man wants.

The show was entertaining in its way, I guess. Just...what? Disturbing in the portrayals of the people involved. And everybody is old enough to know better, yes? Lots of 40-somethings and older in the crowds.

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 8:24 PM

Central casting, I bet.

There's something really weird about Patti... and her clients.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 8:13 AM

Seems like Patti is looking to franchise

Her actual matchmaking site is here. Good news; at least women join free.

jackiecarr

jackiecarr

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:26 PM

OK, two things seemed off: what I mentioned above and her clients (despite her claims of being very picky about clients) are wealthy weirdos.

The show was entertaining in its way, I guess. Just...what? Disturbing in the portrayals of the people involved. And everybody is old enough to know better, yes? Lots of 40-somethings and older in the crowds.

No kidding. I caught this mess too, and at least two of the guys are already pinging my gaydar- blonde fauxhawk guy and I can't recall the other one.
Then there was "Phil Spector Jr." with that dyed black Sideshow Bob hair, WTF?
I guess this is supposed to be real life "The Bachelor"?

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:31 PM

Did the one guy who wanted a woman with "big fake bazoomas!" and was incredulous about not having sex with his date remind you of Steven from Top Chef?

hereshecomes

hereshecomes

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:35 PM

Good points, jackiecarr. Something seemed off to me about most of those guys. Somehow I don't think they are just too, too busy raking in the bucks to meet women. Even plain old nerds with bucks can meet women. These guys must be especially hard cases.

nme525

nme525

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:42 PM

I kind of feel guilty for wanting to watch this show to see what happens with Lonnie Moore since he's now been accused of rape by a 19-year-old.

nohwheregirl

nohwheregirl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:50 PM

Her actual matchmaking site is here. Good news; at least women join free.

Right. The women pay in dignity and self-respect. "Shoulders back! Chest out! Smile! Get a haircut! Get a lower-cut blouse!" Yikes.

diesushi

diesushi

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:57 PM

tmz has a link to the filings. ewwww gross.

Lonnie Moore Suit

MadameBovary

MadameBovary

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 1:43 PM

This show is really another publicity stunt from Bravo.
Did all the famewhores sign on to do BravoTV and/or E? It seems that they are all recycled from one show to the next.
How about some fresh faces, please?

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 3:44 PM

I kind of feel guilty for wanting to watch this show to see what happens with Lonnie Moore since he's now been accused of rape by a 19-year-old.

Who? Did we see him in the preview?

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 6:30 PM

Gharlane Check out diesushi's link above.

I am close to positive that the Lonnie Moore shown in the picture on TMZ is the same guy who said "big fake bazoomas! I know I'm shallow, but that's what I want."

The girl in the story seems maybe a little dodgy BUT something is clearly not right with Lonnie & Company and his bed in the club.

Which leads to a question about Patt's vetting services. Does she merely check the men's net worth or does she also do criminal checks? Because she should delve deeper into those losers' pasts before she sends those sweet, wide-eyed innocent 45-to-55-year old virgins on their dates.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 10:08 PM

I am close to positive that the Lonnie Moore shown in the picture on TMZ is the same guy who said "big fake bazoomas! I know I'm shallow, but that's what I want."

And he's apparently a friend of Mike Boogie, which makes sense.

yellowrosetexas

yellowrosetexas

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 3:34 AM

Sex toy Dave? Mr. Rollerdisco/video? Sign me up, this is what I have waited all my life for, you little stallions in the wild!

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 2:45 PM

Gharlane Check out diesushi's link above.

It was blocked at work but I was able to view it from home. Yes, it's the same guy who told Patti he wanted a girl with "big fake bazoomas!" and nearly fell over when she told him "no sex on the dates I set up". Funny enough, I think this was interrupted with her interviewing something about dangling 'carrots of love' in front of her clients.

And he's apparently a friend of Mike Boogie, which makes sense.

Mike Boogie. Heh. I saw him on Doctor 90210 visiting his buddy about getting genital warts removed from his penis and bragging about how that happened. What a scumbag.

I cannot believe that guy who did that Rollerdisco video on YouTube is a millionaire, not to mention a reality show fame whore. OK, the latter isn't *THAT* big a shock...

Quiddler

Quiddler

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 7:42 PM

ubiquitous, I think that the term "oriental hooker" may be considered offensive. The more politically correct term is "Asian whore." <snerk> Seriously, how the hell did she get there? And how did she not realize that she looked ridiculous?

Good news; at least women join free.

Right. The women pay in dignity and self-respect. "Shoulders back! Chest out! Smile! Get a haircut! Get a lower-cut blouse!" Yikes.

Don't forget The Five Second Flirt! Let's all practice!!!

"I was taught by my mother and my grandmother to read energies from across the room..." Once again, I say unto thee: shut up, Patti.

hereshecomes

hereshecomes

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2007 @ 8:57 AM

Don't forget The Five Second Flirt! Let's all practice!!!

Speaking of that, did I misunderstand, or is the woman supposed to stand there staring at the guy, not saying anything, for a full 5 seconds? If that's what she said, somehow I am missing the sexy in that. Seems to me more prone to give off a vibe that there is something wrong with you...

MadameBovary

MadameBovary

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 19, 2007 @ 9:34 AM

The five seconds Flirt?
What is that? A showdown?
I propose the 5 seconds Love stare. Much, more effective.
While he is starring at the woman's best attribute( ie the rack), the woman gets straight to business and gaze lovingly( barf, barf) at the men's package ( most likely small and diseased and in the case of rape boy warted).
Win win. Kaching!

Edited by MadameBovary, Dec 19, 2007 @ 9:35 AM.

hapfish

hapfish

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2007 @ 10:07 AM

Interestingly enough, not even one peep about Patti's own marital status!! I would think that either her mom or grandmom did the honors and she would be singing their praises as proof about her pedigree as a matchmaker.

It seems that the millionaires she picks (or her business attracts) tend toward the flamboyant. Lots of sizzle, very little substance. Can you imagine who she would have introduced somebody like Bill Gates to?

Quiddler

Quiddler

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2007 @ 8:12 PM

Speaking of that, did I misunderstand, or is the woman supposed to stand there staring at the guy, not saying anything, for a full 5 seconds?

Oh, you understood correctly, hereshecomes. You make eye contact with the man, smile, and count to five. Seriously. And that's the Five!Second!Flirt!

Blech.

Boring Member

Boring Member

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 20, 2007 @ 12:55 AM

I did the five second flirt to my husband today and he was like "what? Am I in trouble? Is there a stain on my shirt?".

I love how all the girls are like "oh, I just want love, I don't care that he's a millionaire". I mean, I know that's what they are supposed to say, but why else are they there? This show is hilarious and uncomfortable all at the same time. It's a good thing to watch while on the treadmill....

I noticed at the end in very small type it said that the membership services were given to the men gratis. I guess for being on the show?

hereshecomes

hereshecomes

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 20, 2007 @ 10:42 AM

Oh, you understood correctly, hereshecomes. You make eye contact with the man, smile, and count to five. Seriously. And that's the Five!Second!Flirt!

Blech.

Blech is right. As Boring Member noted, it has a weird effect on someone you know. I am not sure it would convey anything positive to someone you don't know. Perhaps they would think you were one of those living mannequins they have in the store windows sometimes. Or maybe a mime.