Cycle 10 Speculation (No Spoilers)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

428 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 2:29 PM

If you want to A) make guesses about what will happen in Cycle 10 or B) post links to non-spoiler info (like official press releases, mainstream news stories), this is the thread for you.

Weeman18

Weeman18

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 5:34 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that we're either going to have a lesbian, plus-sized, or a mother for America's Next Top Model. Possibly a top three of one of each?

Or maybe the winner will be a gay, plus-sized, mother of four!
That would be some real excitement right there.

In reality tho, I think the plus-sized girl this time will maybe have a shot? It seems like Tyra's wanted one to win for ages... I think Sarah would have had a chance cycle 9, but there's the whole Saleisha conspiracy so, I think we'll have a plus-sized winner sooner or later.

I also think Tyra might want a lesbian winner at some point too, because hey, if Tyra has a gay top model, that will make her look really modern and forward thinking, plus the fashion industry is really littered with homosexuals, including her own show (Miss Jay, Mr. Jay, Benny Ninja, and the list goes on and on...), so it'll make her look good to all sorts of people.

"I'm so amazing and liberal, look, I just "pushed limits" and named a lesbian/plus-sized girl top model!"

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 6:04 PM

International destination? What fashion capitals are left? I'm hoping for Germany.

I also think Tyra might want a lesbian winner at some point too

Nope. Would have crowned Nik then. I think she specifically does NOT want a gay top model.

Incog

Incog

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 6:33 PM

I'm guessing this cycle we get a white winner, possibly an Asian winner (hasn't happened yet), and either could be plus-sized. Since the whole "International Destination correlates with the race of the winner" pattern has held, I'm guessing once we find out the destination for Cycle 10, we'll have a pretty good guess as to who the winner is going to be.

Also, I'm guessing for the destination: either Europe or South America. If they go to Europe, they could go to someplace new like Germany, or maybe it's possible they might start revisiting places like Paris and Milan. If they go to South America, Brazil seems like a plausible choice.

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 6:52 PM

If they go to Brazil, there is no way in hell a plus-size will win or make it overseas - Brazil is even more fixated on ultra-thin girls than Europe or other places. Then again, I don't think Tyra will ever let a plus-size win regardless.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 7:09 PM

What fashion capitals are left? I'm hoping for Germany.

I was hoping for Dusseldorf, Germany, since Cycle 9 was speculated to be there. Brazil would be okay too. I'm thinking a white girl will win it (probably a burnette or black haired girl). I'm hoping an Asian girl makes it into the house this Cycle, and does good. Hopefully, Tyra scouted some while she was in China. That way, Tyra can improve her Chinese counting at every opportunity.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 7:18 PM

I doubt Tyra will ever let a lesbian win...what would CG and 17 think?

They could go to South America to keep with the whole visit all of the continents things or they could go to Antarctica and pose with penguins and learn how the green house effect is threatening their habitat and then have a runway walk-off on an ice floe.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 7:20 PM

If they go to Brazil, there is no way in hell a plus-size will win or make it overseas - Brazil is even more fixated on ultra-thin girls than Europe or other places. Then again, I don't think Tyra will ever let a plus-size win regardless.

Actually, Brazil and Spain enforce a legal minimum on the BMIs of models who work in their country...

RealChic1999

RealChic1999

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 8:30 PM

What fashion capitals are left? I'm hoping for Germany.

That'd be awesome, but lord forbid Tyra agree to have a crossover episode with GNTM, with Heidi Klum and the GNTM girls blowing ours out of the water.

asdfasdfjames

asdfasdfjames

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 8:43 PM

they could go to Antarctica and pose with penguins and learn how the green house effect is threatening their habitat and then have a runway walk-off on an ice floe.

Oh, just like in ANTM Cycle 7.5!

I don't know how next season will turn out, but hopefully Tyra's reached the boiling point of her narcissistic, God complex ways.

ZiegMan

ZiegMan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2007 @ 1:34 PM

I'm hoping they go to Amsterdam for ANTM's international destination. They could have a challenge where Tyra tells them to walk down the Red Light District without looking "hoochie". lol But either that or Brazil (Rio De Janiero) would be good choices for destinations.

As for girls, I have to see them first before I can determine a winner. Hopefully there's not another girl from T-Zone on there.

JohannaEG

JohannaEG

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 14, 2007 @ 2:03 PM

I'm hoping they go to Amsterdam for ANTM's international destination. They could have a challenge where Tyra tells them to walk down the Red Light District without looking "hoochie."

As long as the Amsterdam challenge doesn't include store windows and black-light sensitive bikinis . . .

Rocket

Rocket

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2007 @ 2:19 PM

I think the only way Cycle 10 will have a plus-sized winner is if Elite drops out as the agency - Elite NY has no plus division, so the winner would be even more screwed than usual. Isn't it about time for a sponsor mix up, though? They've had the same collection of prizes for the last, what, three or four cycles?

CoolKel

CoolKel

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2007 @ 4:10 PM

I think either Berlin, Singapore or Mumbai would be cool - Berlin if they want to keep the foreign destination/race of winner correlation; Singapore and Mumbai because they just kick ass.

As for the winner - white and/or plus-sized.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Dec 14, 2007 @ 4:15 PM

Dubai would be fiiiiiiiiiierce.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Dec 14, 2007 @ 7:06 PM

Yeah, but do we really want Tyra offending/insulting the Muslim population? The hamsters are one thing...young and not to bright but Tyra should know better. But you know she'd still wind-up doing something highly offensive.

Weeman18

Weeman18

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2007 @ 10:19 PM

Me and my boyfriend were thinking about either Germany or Brazil for the next cycle, but we're both really hoping for Germany. However, does anyone remember towards the beginning of cycle nine, all those fake things they had on wikipedia? For weeks it said the girls were going to Brazil... maybe they're heading there this cycle?

Personally, I really, really hope they don't go to Brazil. Seeing how Tyra butchers languages, I don't want her to tackle portuguese. I'm actually 100% portuguese, my parents were born and raised in Portugal I was born here in the us, and from experience I know that Brazilians speak (sorry but it's true!) horrible portuguese.

And to hear Tyra badly butcher portuguese by imitating people who speak bad portuguese... Seriously, it makes me twitch a little.

Just... if they do go to Brazil... do yourselves a favor and find a youtube video or something with portuguese people speaking portuguese for reference. It's a really pretty language I swear!!

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Dec 15, 2007 @ 12:51 AM

Yeah, but do we really want Tyra offending/insulting the Muslim population? The hamsters are one thing...young and not to bright but Tyra should know better. But you know she'd still wind-up doing something highly offensive.

Dubai is a very different place. It's very enlightened, fashion-forward, and even gay-friendly...

quack

quack

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2007 @ 10:42 AM

I'd love to see an Asian girl in the next cycle, although I'm not getting my hopes up.

I wonder if Tyra will continue to enforce the no-smoking rules in subsequent cycles. Is it just me, or did we hear basically nothing about the "green" theme of this past cycle after the first two episodes?

WillDerBeast

WillDerBeast

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 15, 2007 @ 6:45 PM

Personally, I hope they go to Tehran.
Tyra could/would then credit herself for building bridges between cultures...and perhaps, bringing a rogue state back into the fold, though fashion. C'mon...think about it---she'd have the girls model chadors and look FIERRRCE during Ramadan.

As for the possible next winner, I'd love to see a pre-op tranny win.
Oh wait, we had Jaslene.

Nevermind.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 3:31 AM

Knowing Tyra, they'll probably go to the "International" Destination of Canada...

Maybe they can do a tie-in with CNTM that way.

fiercebadweave

fiercebadweave

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 3:51 AM

How about Israel and the Occupied Territories? TyBitch wants to be controversial, and somehow this deluded woman would think she could bring peace to that region by making political quagmire look fierce!

...Or she'll go to Rio De Janeiro since she hasn't invaded South America yet...

BTW I hope this "prep school" theme will have nothing to do with Flava of Love Girls: Charm School!

Edited by fiercebadweave, Dec 16, 2007 @ 3:52 AM.

RLG327

RLG327

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 6:19 PM

I wonder if Tyra will continue to enforce the no-smoking rules in subsequent cycles. Is it just me, or did we hear basically nothing about the "green" theme of this past cycle after the first two episodes?

Yeah, I noticed that too, they had no special green themed anything after the premiere. And, I thought it was hilarious that Tyra set up a shoot where the girls posed next to a burning car. Hmm...why would a "green" themed show be putting unnecessary pollutants in the air with the burning fire?

ZiegMan

ZiegMan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 11:15 PM

Knowing Tyra, they'll probably go to the "International" Destination of Canada...

Maybe they can do a tie-in with CNTM that way.

Yeah that would be lame, but if they went to Montreal then it would be okay since it's more multi-cultural and European-ish than say Edmonton or Windsor.

I doubt we'll see a Middle East destination. Too much violence and war going on there (all because of hick Bush--but that's another topic for another forum) plus I don't think the modeling industry is quite respected in that region.

Germany is a choice I did'nt think about. Is Berlin a fashion capital?

Stoofy T

Stoofy T

Loyal Viewer

• Location:midwest... wait, not anymore. now i'm on a seaboard.
  • Interests:stuff and things.

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:49 AM

Yeah that would be lame, but if they went to Montreal then it would be okay since it's more multi-cultural and European-ish than say Edmonton or Windsor.

Windsor... nah, that would be sweet. Then the girls can come back through customs to visit Detroit. TONS of fashion here, believe me. Then they can do a runway show at the upscale suburban mall. Awesome.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:53 AM

Naima actually did just that a while back...

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 9:21 AM

Oh god, I just had a scary thought. You know how cycle 10 is supposed to be "reimagined" or whatever, and we all know that Tootiesha isn't going to actually have any "work" to do while the cycle is going on...imagine if fucking Tyra ends up bringing her on the show like...every day...imagine her as a live in mentor or something.

Okay that's just to scary to imagine. I seriously hope that by "reimagined" they really just mean that they move back to NYC and have Paulina on panel. I can't handle another cycle full of Tootiesha.

Weeman18

Weeman18

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:06 AM

Please, I'm sure "reimagined" is a hardcore overstatement. We've heard this type of thing in the past... wasn't cycle nine supposed to be all about the future of modeling? And look what happened there, we two episodes with a green theme and then the rest was fairly standard antm with a shitty winner who's not going to make a big splash at all in the fashion industry.

However, if Carparts for some strange reason, was such a big thing in cycle ten... a.) I'd imagine Tyra might, possibly, if she's gotten over her god-complex, be a little nervous at this point, seeing how badly the general public is reacting to her winner, and b.) mid-cycle Tyra would invite Death Cap for Tootie back into the competition a la Flavor Flav and New York in Fol 2.

Saleisha for the win, twice in a row! Woot! A whole year of a walking penis who thinks its a model!

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 3:28 PM

Yeah but by now how far are they into C10? Any controversy or fall-out from Tootie's win is just really since last week. Although, really, she could have her on for the whole cycle because it's not like outside of her contractual obligations, someone is going to jump up and down and insist on hiring Tootie.

NoseyRosey

NoseyRosey

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 3:34 PM

However, if Carparts for some strange reason, was such a big thing in cycle ten... a.) I'd imagine Tyra might, possibly, if she's gotten over her god-complex, be a little nervous at this point, seeing how badly the general public is reacting to her winner,

Do we know for sure that TyTy Baby is even aware of the negativity? Somehow I see her only wanting to be made aware of all the sunshine and rainbow reactions. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen a pho-to with a genuine prism shooting straight out of her ass.

I'd hate to be the lowly schmuck that had to report things weren't Rainbow Brite at TWoP, E Weekly, FORT, etc. to her Highness.