Cycle 10 Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1843 replies to this topic

asparaguss

asparaguss

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 3:44 PM

If CGOTW were rigged, there would have been no reason to let Claire win it five or six weeks in a row, especially since she was eliminated early. They would mix it up more.

Has anyone posted the spoiler that's been running elsewhere, saying that a photo either in People or Us shows J. Alexander with only two names on his jacket - Anya and Fatima? And that this photo is in the original New York judging room?

I actually find that credible. Much as I want Whitney to win, it's just too easy for the show to eliminate her third to make for an easy runway show, without worrying about sample sizes. And in Dominique's CW Source interview, the host talked about CW "returning to New York for the finale." That would indicate that the final judging does take place in New York, so the photo of J. Alexander with just two names on his jacket could be an accurate indication of the final two.

True, babycakes hasn't been wrong before, but that's all the more reason why it would be easy for the show to throw everyone off, and create a surprise ending - by having a false spoiler come from a source that's otherwise been 100% accurate.

Also, has anyone heard a peep out of Fatima? Whitney's been conversational on her Facebook, Anya did her swimwear photos, but about Fatima, silence.

For all those reasons, I fully expect Whitney 3rd, Anya 2nd, and a Fatima win. Whereupon I will promptly throw up.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 3:50 PM

For all those reasons, I fully expect Whitney 3rd, Anya 2nd, and a Fatima win.

From your lips to God's ears....

That does make a lot of sense. Everyone is aware of my feelings for Whitney, but all of that aside, she really hasn't been given a winner's edit in any form. Fats is at least getting sort of a redemption arc and Anya is still perfect.

Zeo

Zeo

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 4:10 PM

Where exactly is that photo of the names on Miss J? I'd like to see it.

BKs Nimo

BKs Nimo

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 4:19 PM

(I hate the go-see thing. If they've got a plussie it's always horrible for her and a lot of the time it's that experience that knocks her out of the competition. Remember Toccara and her nasty unflattering orange car-hop outfit?

Just to clarify, that orange outfit was for the photoshoot--she didn't wear that as a go-see outfit.

crimsonkitten

crimsonkitten

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 4:21 PM

True, babycakes hasn't been wrong before, but that's all the more reason why it would be easy for the show to throw everyone off, and create a surprise ending - by having a false spoiler come from a source that's otherwise been 100% accurate.

I agree, especially in light of the Fashion Source's "Anya is the winner" spoiler.

Also, has anyone heard a peep out of Fatima? Whitney's been conversational on her Facebook, Anya did her swimwear photos, but about Fatima, silence.

Whitney and Anya have Facebook pages. I'm still waiting for an add from Anya (I found her page through Lauren's Facebook). Fatima used to have a Facebook page--that's where a lot of her pre-show pics that ended up on FORT came from--but every time I do a Facebook search for "Fatima Siad" I get nothing.

edited because I am anal-retentive

Edited by crimsonkitten, May 10, 2008 @ 4:22 PM.

Psychrometrics

Psychrometrics

Couch Potato

• Interests:Picking up the snark where I left off...

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 4:30 PM

Looking back, I never noticed the Fatima winner edit until now...I didn't even realize that she was getting so many free passes. The biggest one came when she didn't have her passport, and an ANTM producer called her up to fill her in. I remember when the show aired, I thought it said that that was her lawyer calling her about the consulate meeting, not an ANTM producer.

The girl has slid by more times than I can imagine. Totally missing a photoshoot and making the cut, actually doing second best in the Paulina direction photoshoot challenge and winning nevertheless, somehow managing to avoid the bottom 2 overseas the whole time even though she needed to be especially with such a horrible gladiator challenge. Seriously, when has a girl had this many chances and STILL managed to stay all the way until final 3?? Even Robbbbynnne's bitchiness caught up with her eventually. Fatima gets away with murder in the first degree and then BAM.....Final 3.

Edited by Psychrometrics, May 10, 2008 @ 4:31 PM.

crimsonkitten

crimsonkitten

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 4:40 PM

somehow managing to avoid the bottom 2 overseas the whole time

Almost. Fats was Bottom 2 last episode. But I agree--it would be more dramatic if Fatima won. From the first time she sung (horribly) "I'm gonna be America's Next Top Model" in the second episode to the "travels documents" saga to getting sick after arriving in Rome to Cycle 10 winner--it almost sounds like something out of a novel. I'm just feeling that her edit is a lil' bit Eva (redemption arc) and a lil' bit Danielle (the "travels documents" saga is, to me, the new "fix the gap in your teeth." Also, both were sick and still did the elimination challenge "abroad").

Edited because I forgot something! :)

Edited by crimsonkitten, May 10, 2008 @ 4:41 PM.

Elmer Fug

Elmer Fug

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 4:41 PM

If she wins, who cares? She'll get the baby Iman comment thrown at her and she'll suffer the same fate as past winners. She does have strong facial features and is somewhat exotic, some of her pictures have been good, but she is very inconsistent. She can't take direction very well and her walk is subpar. I'm sure Elite is like "not again, we just got over the last winner".

The whole lost travel documents was a farce, as the producers knew they would get them.

Edited by Elmer Fug, May 10, 2008 @ 4:45 PM.

Rebochan

Rebochan

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 4:41 PM

Well since this cycle is not the Shroom cycle, I certainly wouldn't mind a surprise in the end. For what it's worth, I'm actually okay with the final 3, I'd rather have Anya win it and runway with Anya/Whitney. Modelwise, Fatima is stronger, but she's just as inconsistent and I get the feeling they spent a lot of time on the comments on her attitude for a reason. They've highlighted her ignoring instructions multiple times now. I could easily see her going third in the usual Bitch Spot.

Nocturne

Nocturne

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 5:10 PM

Has anyone posted the spoiler that's been running elsewhere, saying that a photo either in People or Us shows J. Alexander with only two names on his jacket - Anya and Fatima? And that this photo is in the original New York judging room?

Interesting, asparaguss. I found out from someone else (I'm kinda mum on my source for good reason) just yesterday that they were told indirectly from a past winner (didn't say who) that Anya does indeed win with Fatima coming in second. When I debated this with her, she said we'll have to see for sure come Wednesday. Though her ANTM winner/source had previously told her about Italy long before they had actually gone and had so far been right about everything else that has transpired. Either that or said model was just throwing her off. While I am still siding with babycakes on this one, now hearing about the rumor of Ms. J's shirt and the Fatima/Anya makes me wonder about this one.

victory

victory

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 5:23 PM

The fat bitch wins. What bullshit.

Congratulations Tyra. You managed to fuck it up again. But it's not like anyone takes this show seriously.

I saw this one coming when Nigel started complaining about Anya. He did this last cycle with Jenah.

Tyra finally got someone who spews rainbows and shits unicorns and this is what Tyra & Co. does to Anya? Tyra may as well of given the title to DoMANique. I mean why continue the facazzz that is ANTM?

In Tyra's defense, at least Tyra ends up giving the money to those who really need it because Whitney will have NO career in modeling after her year contract is up. If Whitney decides to live in NYC or LA, her ego will take the most massive skinny-ass-bitch-model beat down that she'll end up getting really chummy with Jenny Craig and a plastic surgeon specializing in lipo.

At least, I know for sure, that Anya will have a truly successful career as a model, now that it's official she lost.

Bring on cycle 11 and may the least modely, stank beyotch win.

AnnaBanana83

AnnaBanana83

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 5:56 PM

I actually found in last episode that Whitney was getting a bit of a redemption arc. I mean, remember that interview with her in the first few minutes of the show? To me it seemed that they were trying to show a softer, more likable side of her

I agree with you completely, highwaygirl9. I just watched the latest episode and came on to write the exact same thing.... After seeing this episode, I have no doubt in my mind that the spoiler about Whitney winning is correct.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 5:58 PM

If Whitney wins, Elite has plus divisions in ATL and Chicago. Elite+ in New York is mainly older models like Jerry Hall and Veronica Webb and celebs and has nothing to do with plus models.

My opinion is that after Whitney wins, Tyra needs to stop mixing plus and regular models together. I haven't liked it from the start since it made no sense at all; they wouldn't be sent to the same clients.

You've had two of the plus girls who've actually had some sort of career C3 Tocarra and C5 Diane Hernandez who's signed with Wilhelmina but that's something I don't see happening for Whitney.

Whitney possibly could do catalog but bodywise she's not very hourglass like and her face isn't all that well defined. She's pretty but she's nothing special. I think this win will mean more to her and she'll be fine for CG and 17 in that she's well spoken, bubbly and not bad looking. She certainly no worse than Tootie and they have the same personality.

Edited by milkyaqua, May 10, 2008 @ 6:04 PM.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading, writing, reading some more...writing some more. Oh, and, of course being an admitted TV addict.

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 7:06 PM

I *think* this is the spoiler photo in question, regarding Miss J and the names. It was floating around FORT.

Personally, I can't see anything. I tried zooming, but, all I got was a confuddled image. If anyone else can see anything clearly, please, let us know!

One thing, though: This appears to have been taken in the NYC judging room. Do they usually go back to home base for the finale? I didn't watch last season and honestly can't remember from the seasons before (I didn't start watching until Caridee's season).

Illyria

Illyria

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 7:34 PM

Do they usually go back to home base for the finale?

No.

quaintirene

quaintirene

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 7:49 PM

My opinion is that after Whitney wins, Tyra needs to stop mixing plus and regular models together. I haven't liked it from the start since it made no sense at all; they wouldn't be sent to the same clients.

I'm nodding my head vigorously! She could have had an ANTPlus-SizedM cycle and it would have been a great idea. But this way is dumb and annoying and leads to Whitney being called fat. Which she isn't. But of course she is in true modelling terms.

I would be surprised if Fatima wins. Anya is way ahead of her and has a much better portfolio besides not having pissed-off the judges. The Whitney wins spoiler works for me. Tyra has longed for a plussie winner and now she'll have one.

Edited by quaintirene, May 10, 2008 @ 7:51 PM.

My Friend Goo

My Friend Goo

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 8:34 PM

I *think* this is the spoiler photo in question

This pic is from Episode 3.

crimsonkitten

crimsonkitten

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 8:45 PM

Do they usually go back to home base for the finale?

Cycle 1 was the only cycle in which the remaining contestants flew back from the international location (Paris) for the final runway show (casting and the actual show itself) and the final judging. Since then the other cycles' casts fly to the international location and stay until the second half of the show is done filming.

wrenandeye

wrenandeye

Just Tuned In

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 9:42 PM

Cycle 1 was the only cycle in which the remaining contestants flew back from the international location (Paris) for the final runway show (casting and the actual show itself) and the final judging. Since then the other cycles' casts fly to the international location and stay until the second half of the show is done filming.

Cycle 5 actually went back to America for the finale due to the London subway bombing.

tunafests

tunafests

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 9:45 PM

I remember Tyra saying if she truly had her way she would cast at least two plussies a season but her partner in crime Ken Mok nixes the idea. I don't think they have faith that it would please the majority of the viewers.

Well I think we can see that it really pisses some people off. I think because it got spoiled that Whitney does well in the competition and now that she wins, she gets a TON of hate. People pick apart every little thing about her, and act like the other contestants (ahem, Anya), have no negatives. I think in cycle 3 if it had been spoiled that Toccara was the winner, there would have been a lot more negative comments about her. She certainly didn't have a body that works for plus size modeling, but people ignored it. She was often dead in the eyes, but people ignored it.

Edited by tunafests, May 10, 2008 @ 9:45 PM.

quaintirene

quaintirene

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 10:00 PM

I'd agree about Toccara. Pretty girl but majorly out of proportion. She did gorgeous glamour shots but that's not clothes modelling. I agree about the eyes as well.

Anya is cute and has won lots of the contests. She would be a deserving winner and I wouldn't be upset if she won. However she's not as good for Cover Girl as Whitney is, and CG is calling the shots, I'm sure.

Since no winner from this show has ever done anything much beyond the show itself, I'm sure Whitney will have her CG shoots and whatnot and that'll be it. But I hope the spoiler is right because I would be thrilled if a plussie finally won. Perhaps now Tyra has her plus-sized winner, she'll stop casting plussies in the show and we can stop having to listen to crazy stuff like skinny=perfect and this or that incredibly thin young woman needs to lose weight off her hips and thighs. This kind of stuff reminds me of a terrifying investigative news report a few years ago done by the London Times about modelling scouts hanging around outside a terribly upmarket rehab place for anorexic young women. They were looking for the next great skinny supermodel apparently and thought this would be a great place to find her among the starving children of the British aristocracy.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 10:24 PM

I'll add the photo to the spoiler post, but I'd like to point out that it could (wherever it exists) be photoshopped reasonably to eliminate Whitney's name. Even if it was a printed photograph, someone could have edited the scanned copy hoping no one else would pick up the magazine and check.

Edited by JAZ853, May 10, 2008 @ 10:28 PM.

Illyria

Illyria

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 11:00 PM

However she's not as good for Cover Girl as Whitney is, and CG is calling the shots, I'm sure.

Definitely. And I bet if they could have set all the elim orders we'd see a F2 of Whitney versus Aimee.

bucwild

bucwild

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 11:03 PM

Which issue of US is the photo in? It's not the most recent and it's not in People either (I have a subscription to People).

asparaguss

asparaguss

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 11:51 PM

Definitely. And I bet if they could have set all the elim orders we'd see a F2 of Whitney versus Aimee.

That was my wish from the very beginning. Aimee was the only model besides Whitney whom I found at all attractive this cycle. That would have been an ideal final two.

To the person who said Whitney hasn't been called "fat," that statement is of course patently false. Just look through this thread, or the Whitney thread here, or at any other ANTM forum, to find countless examples of exactly that slur used -- or worse.

This kind of stuff reminds me of a terrifying investigative news report a few years ago done by the London Times about modelling scouts hanging around outside a terribly upmarket rehab place for anorexic young women. They were looking for the next great skinny supermodel apparently and thought this would be a great place to find her among the starving children of the British aristocracy.

That doesn't surprise me in the least. Any time I read someone praising Fatima's truly emaciated frame as a somehow "ideal" body (let alone hearing that she, of all things, needs to "lose some off her hips"), I see quite clearly the warped mindset that has made the fashion industry the notorious propagator of eating disorders it has become.

The French have a law under consideration that would ban the promotion of extreme thinness -- and it would apply to the fashion industry. Hopefully it will pass. It can't happen fast enough.

Edited by asparaguss, May 10, 2008 @ 11:58 PM.

DiamondDot

DiamondDot

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2008 @ 1:07 AM

I somewhat know who y'all are talking about. Haven't watched much since Kahlen didn't win.

Caught tidbits of the Sunday marathon of S10. Seems like Anya is the only viable candidate.

Also sounded like Tyra is getting ready to call it quits. Paulina has made several blatant remarks about how Tyra should just move on and let her run the show. I agree. The Jays seem to be doing most of the work on the girls. Tyra seems to have lost the joy. Wish we would see more of Ms Jay.

The only 'type' which has not won, is the plus-size. If Whitney wins this, it's my hunch that Tyra is just putting finishing touches on her face time with the show.

TheLabRat

TheLabRat

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2008 @ 6:07 AM

In ANTM terms, I could live with any of the final three as a winner. I was hoping for Anya so that the show would kind of be upping it's game after such strong winners came out of the last Canadian and AUstralian equivalents. But Whit and Fats were hardly the worst girls in the competition from where I'm standing. Maybe not the best either, but perfectly 17 magazine acceptable.

Whit's definitely not my favorite plussie ever; cute enough girl, not bad photos mostly, but proportioned slightly wrong for much of the plus market. But given how scared I was of a Dom win, I can live with it.

highwaygirl9

highwaygirl9

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2008 @ 8:11 AM

There is a plus-sized store in the mall near my house. The models whose pictures I see wearing everything from lingerie to winter coats have almost exactly the same frame and face as Whitney does.

Personally, I think a Whitney win makes perfect sense because I find she has one of the best bodies I've ever seen in ANTM.

Zuleikha

Zuleikha

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2008 @ 11:36 AM

And plus, when did Dominique blame Whitney for her screw up? What screw up? I don't remember...

This is getting off-topic for the spoiler thread, so any further discussion should probably be in either Dominique's or Whitney's thread. The whole blow-up started because Whitney had organized a time sheet so that the women wouldn't fight over the phone. Dominique missed her time because she wasn't keeping track and yelled at Whitney for not coming and getting her (with the priceless line, "Whose responsibility was it then?"). Whitney was very mean and rude to Dominique in the argument, calling Dominique stupid, but she didn't say anything explicitly racist. As Dominique was walking away, she tossed out that talking to Whitney was like talking to a racist wall.

ZiegMan

ZiegMan

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2008 @ 4:15 PM

Shitney is not a good winner because she is not a good model, she is not a "unique beauty", and she can't take any criticism. I don't think she represents the fun loving, self-assured, well-spoken CG/17 girl either. If she is supposed to be a role model, she is doing a poor job at it. I know I wouldn't be a fan of my 14 year old possibly looking up to a bitter, self-righteous, and arrogant young "woman".

Exactly. that's my problem with Whitney wining; not because she's plus-sized but because her personality is stank and other girls on the show have confirmed that in their post-show interviews. Sure she has a pretty face but there's nothing memorable about it except that she's a dead ringer for Blair Warner and I don't see her appealing for any other jobs out of the ANTM prizes; like say Lane Bryant or Torrid mostly because I bet she'd be arrogant and high-maintenance to work with.

And I used to like WHitney when the show started. *sigh*