Cycle 10 Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1843 replies to this topic

Callie Jo

Callie Jo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 12:47 AM

I highly doubt the new FORT spoiler...maybe I'm wrong, but it seems unlikely that someone would put their boyfriend's job at risk by admitting (for the sake of proving authenticity) that he's a "sound editor". I mean, how many sound editors are there for the show? Why put them all at risk? Why not just say your boyfriend works on the show? I dunno.

I think Anya's win seems so obvious that we're all stretching to make the other girls fit the winner-mold. But none of the other girls really fit as the winner. Since Tyra is incapable of subtlety, I'm inclined to go with the obvious: Anya wins this.

Zuleikha

Zuleikha

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 1:17 AM

Even if the spoiler is fake, I think it's probably a version of what really happens. Dominique has to go. She's gotten way farther than she should, and I just don't see the show letting her into the F3, especially with two people on the panel repeatedly saying she looks like a transvestite. Yes, Saleisha won when she shouldn't have, but Saleisha did take some good pictures, win challenges, and rocked the runway. Also, IMHO, Saleisha was gorgeous prior to the Tootification whereas Dominique was busted before she got there. More importantly, panel never ripped into Saleisha the way they've ripped into Dominique. All Saleisha got was called commercial.

I don't think the Whitney F2 spoiler is reliable. Yes, Jaslene blabbed all over the place, but Whitney strikes me as the type who'd be comfortable lying. She had the foreshadowing bit in the casting episode where she talked about how she wouldn't fold like the past plussies. Since she hasn't folded despite a few experiences with designers who don't design for plus-sized models, I think she's a good candidate for the first plus-size in the finals. However, I don't see her winning over Anya. I think it's going to be Dominique, Fatima, Whitney, Anya. But maybe the show truly doesn't care if we like the winner and wants Whitney to be both the first plussie and the first open bitch winner.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 2:17 AM

I highly doubt the new FORT spoiler...maybe I'm wrong, but it seems unlikely that someone would put their boyfriend's job at risk by admitting (for the sake of proving authenticity) that he's a "sound editor". I mean, how many sound editors are there for the show? Why put them all at risk? Why not just say your boyfriend works on the show? I dunno.

Stupidity. Even if it was made up, if they actually guessed right and Dom is gone (with current spoilers what they are, it's a logical place for her to go, too), that's going to suck for the sound editors. Dom in fourth makes sense, based on the pattern of "coasting" subpar models making it to fourth (Bianca, Dionne, Sara [C6], Jayla, Ann), and the pattern of two white girls-one black girl eliminations this cycle.

Christina07

Christina07

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 8:17 AM

I'm not going to believe the Dominique spoiler until I hear it from babycakes, but I really do hope it's true.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 8:32 AM

LJ

New spoiler.

i heard the winner was whitney.

her boyfriend is best friends with my friend jeff. we are all from jacksonville, which is in the same county as atlantic beach.

i know things get lost in translation, but i really hope this isnt true. can someone confirm for me if it is or isnt.

omgwtfbbq

omgwtfbbq

Video Archivist

• Interests:Top Model, Gossip Girl, Degrassi, The Biggest Loser, Law and Order SVU, Manga, Anime, and Fashion.

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 10:49 AM

I don't like to count out any of the girls as winner, but that doesn't seem plausible because Elite's plus size division isn't in New York or LA. And it's so general. I can't see the lj post, but did it say anything else. But I always thought the final 3 would be Dominique, Anya, and Fatima judging by the fadeout picture.

bbxoxo

bbxoxo

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 11:12 AM

This show is just blah for eliminating Katarzyna.

MondoTrasho

MondoTrasho

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 2:04 PM

Now that Kat is leaving, does anyone else think that Tyra is going to rub it in by actually saying her name right for the first time before kicking her off? Or will she say it wrong again? I swear I truly believe that all that mispronouncing of her name was to get a Victoria type response, which she sort of got when Kat finally stood up and told her how to say her name, but I'm sure they wanted more anger and fireworks.

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, Apr 30, 2008 @ 4:55 PM.

Redneon

Redneon

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 2:13 PM

babycakes, you'll be pleased to know that you are being quoted on FORT as having confirmed the final 5 elimination order, and having named the winner as well. Oh well...sorry to see Kate go but not surprised!

Callie Jo

Callie Jo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 2:18 PM

babycakes, you'll be pleased to know that you are being quoted on FORT as having confirmed the final 5 elimination order, and having named the winner as well. Oh well...sorry to see Kate go but not surprised!

I don't think babycakes has confirmed the final 5 elimination order...and certainly not the winner. She's just giving us spoilers on a weekly basis as to who's getting eliminated that week.

Lucy4588

Lucy4588

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 2:39 PM

No, she's not. She's being quoted on FORT as having confirmed that Kat goes tonight, but the final 5 elimination order floating around on FORT has been pieced together from a bunch of different (sometimes questionable) sources. No one said on FORT that babycakes said that this would be the order.

mrsmonroe

mrsmonroe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 2:44 PM

Kata going home before Dominique is just plain old messed up. Kata not being in the final two is just plain old messed up!!! I wouldn't be surprised if Whitney wins but I'm rooting for Anya if Kata really does bite the dust tonight.

OilyHumanoid

OilyHumanoid

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 3:02 PM

Kata really got the shaft. I know everyone already knows this, but damn-the girl was hardly featured on the show at all, and when she was, it was just to have someone explain the photo shoot/challenge for the episode. Other than that, we never saw her, and Tyra kept disrespecting her by flubbing her name every single week. I know I certainly wanted to see more of her; if she had "no personality", it was because the producers screwed her over, not because she is boring or cold. Hell, Claire's breast milk story was enough to convince me that Kata is a funny, likable broad.

Perhaps it's best she wasn't featured too much, though. If she had become a caricature like Anya or DoMan, she might not be taken seriously in the future.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 3:05 PM

Kata really got the shaft. I know everyone already knows this, but damn-the girl was hardly featured on the show at all, and when she was, it was just to have someone explain the photo shoot/challenge for the episode. Other than that, we never saw her, and Tyra kept disrespecting her by flubbing her name every single week. I know I certainly wanted to see more of her; if she had "no personality", it was because the producers screwed her over, not because she is boring or cold. Hell, Claire's breast milk story was enough to convince me that Kata is a funny, likable broad.

ITA. Of course, I should have known that she wouldn't win, because she's educated, and Tyra hates smart, educated girls (Elyse, Yaya, Victoria), especially if they won't kiss her butt (which is the only reason S8 Whitney lasted so long).

deaja

deaja

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 4:02 PM

I hate this spoiler!!!!! Kata is gorgeous..... I think she should win. I might not even watch.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 4:57 PM

Please don't discuss other forums unless you're just saying "I got this from FORT". But I don't want to get into a debate over the accuracy of various posts on other forums for the same reasons we don't get into debates about the accuracy of posts on this forum -- it's off-topic. No one had gone there yet, but it seemed like it was heading that way.

oddballgeek

oddballgeek

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 5:22 PM

Kata really got the shaft. I know everyone already knows this, but damn-the girl was hardly featured on the show at all...

Given editing trends, we should see lots of her tonight, right? :o\

alifazal

alifazal

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 5:50 PM

Tonight will offer a much clearer view of the winner. Along with Katarzyna, the winner will most likely be the one to get the most screentime this ep and the best critiques (Jaslene for her Men/Women mag shots; Saleisha for her Chinese dragon shot)

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 5:54 PM

Oh hells bells, then. There's a preview for tonight featuring TyTy and Jay agog over how scary Dominique's face is in person but how beautiful she looks in her photo!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by vallegirl, Apr 30, 2008 @ 5:55 PM.

alifazal

alifazal

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 9:21 PM

Ok, at this point, I'm thinking the spoilers about Whitney winning are false.

If she was going to start a redemption arc, she had to have done it THIS episode. Hell, even Saleisha started her redemption arc with a first callout in the final 5 episode so that in the finale they were able to rave about her "improvement".

The only winners I can think of who were put in the bottom 2 this close to the finish line were for extraneous reasons NOT pictures (Caridee and knowing her limits; Dani and her accent; Naima for not being open/personable enough). On top of which, she has been bottom 2'd more than the remaining contestants. Hell, if anything, Fatima or Dominique seem to be getting redemption edits. I predict Whitney will be out next ep, which coincides with the spoiler on FORT about Whitney being 4th place AND the spoiler that Whitney doesn't make top 2.

However, the lack of go-sees and the tearful Tyra talk this cycle is seriously perturbing me. I mean, both of those are staples of the show, and both are ones that can influence the picking of the winner.
Are they just not having individual go-sees? Something they've done EVERY cycle, except cycle 3?!

Edited by alifazal, Apr 30, 2008 @ 9:24 PM.

ZiegMan

ZiegMan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 9:33 PM

Whitney wins: "i heard the winner was whitney. her boyfriend is best friends with my friend jeff. we are all from jacksonville, which is in the same county as atlantic beach." [heard it from a friend of a friend; original poster isn't even sure if it's right]

usually "friend of a friend" spoilers are false and sketchy at best, so hopefully it's not true. I just don't see Whitney wining over Anya, Fatima and Dom with her one note gaping mouth portfoilo. If she wins it's only going to be because Tyra wants a plussie to win, not because of talent.

asparaguss

asparaguss

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 11:59 PM

On top of which, she has been bottom 2'd more than the remaining contestants. Hell, if anything, Fatima or Dominique seem to be getting redemption edits. I predict Whitney will be out next ep, which coincides with the spoiler on FORT about Whitney being 4th place AND the spoiler that Whitney doesn't make top 2.

Yes, whatever the other spoilers have been, it's shaping up to be:
-Whitney
-Dominique
-Anya vs. Fatima

The Fatima praise is incomprehensible to me, and this episode, her bitchiness was back full force. But I suppose the genital mutilation thing is supposed to make her some sort of role model, no matter how snotty and vile her personality is.

Whitney didn't have any negative clips this ep in terms of character -- taking Anya on the shopping excursion was a kind act -- but the criticism of her work was harsh.

The biggest reason why a Whitney elimination is a certainty is because of the nature of the critique. Whereas at the beginning of the show (in the Elle Macpherson episode), Tyra was saying that she wanted to SEE Whitney's "booty," this week, it was all about hiding it, about minimizing/disguising her plus figure.

Therefore, the pro-curvy philosophy was thrown out the window this week, and Whitney will be thrown under the bus next week.

Vinster

Vinster

Just Tuned In

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 6:32 AM

I think Whitney is getting a Jenah edit?

..and Fatima/Dominique getting a Saleisha edit?

Edited by Vinster, May 1, 2008 @ 7:00 AM.

omgwtfbbq

omgwtfbbq

Video Archivist

• Interests:Top Model, Gossip Girl, Degrassi, The Biggest Loser, Law and Order SVU, Manga, Anime, and Fashion.

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 9:47 AM

NEW (5) May 7th: "Whitney, improving on fakiness (ok, I know its not a word, but you get it mod gods). Anya was, well, blah. Fatima, just plain ugly but gets a good edit and then there is poor Katarzyna :( They say her picture is just not that pretty." [babycakes]

I'm really confused about that one. Do they mean the may 7th episode, because Katarzyna is long gone.

iglisten

iglisten

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 10:17 AM

I don't think that it means the May 7th epi. I just think that Jaz accidentally dated that spoiler wrong. If you look at babycakes original spoiler I believe it was just an update on the shorter one that she had originally posted.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 10:57 AM

I did date it wrong; my bad. I'll fix it.

HunnyBunny123

HunnyBunny123

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 4:40 PM

Hi all. I'm new here at TWOP, though I've been following this thread for a while. I was thinking (this could be considered speculation but it's all based on spoilers, so I'm going to post it here) that, based on recurring spoilers and TyTy's recurring habits (don't we all wish that she'd finally change 'em?), I think it will end up this:

Yes, whatever the other spoilers have been, it's shaping up to be:
-Whitney
-Dominique
-Anya vs. Fatima

I 100% agree with this, except with Anya winning. Here is my reasoning:

There is a spoiler that Whitney gets 4th, and she said she doesnt make top 2. Also, I think she said somewhere that her getting called first or doing well or whatever doesnt last? 4th spot usually goes to a coasting model anyways, and since Domvestite is supposedly (ick) doing so well, I dont think that it's her. So yep, Shitney for 4th.

I think DomDom is 3rd because, as we all know, its the "Jade" spot. Also, I know that the CW doesn't have anything to do with Tyrant & Co, but don't you think that she would have made them stop those "Do you love to hate Top Model's Dominique?" commercials already? Anyways, even she and her cronies think Dom of the Dead is a joke. She'll be kept this long for ratings & (hopefully) Brasilia!v2

Fats for 2nd because she has been doing well lately (well, according to the judges). Also, Tyrant wouldn't wait till cycle 11 to have a white winner - our last one was cycle 7. She, like DomanEEK, will be kept around for the ratings and the editing lately could justify this.

Now, we have Anya left. The sweetest girl ever to grace the hamster cage that is ANTM. The edits have been showing this also. I think they just said she has "no personality" last week so she can have some sort of redemption thing going on - Tyrant does love to "make" her own models. Also, Pugpix said earlier that the editing is very obvious - I know that Scandaleisha didn't break out till after the season had finished filming, but Tyrant can change it around with her editing. Meaning, instead of the "big reveal" (choosing a crap model for the win), she will actually choose the better model this time around. And, she will show the world that the winner is sweet and talented, instead of a bitchy mushroom with thunder thighs.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking though, but I think it makes sense. Although, I do have a talent to find a way to make my favorite the winner.

EEK, I just sounded like Tyra. I'm gonna go throw up now.

Babypix

Babypix

Couch Potato

• Interests:Food

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 6:42 PM

Yay, a newbe who believes me. Welcome.

must be one hell of a bad professional photographer.

Tyra was the photographer!!!!! And she hates Kata. It was rigged. !.!

Edited by Babypix, May 1, 2008 @ 6:45 PM.

HunnyBunny123

HunnyBunny123

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 6:58 PM

It was rigged. !.!

What else is new?

Elmer Fug

Elmer Fug

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 8:24 PM

After ten cycles we might have our first plus size winner. We all know that Tyra loves to go against what is popular in the fashion world. Most of the panel is in Whitney's corner and the only way she'll lose if she bombs in the finale. She does have some weaknesses - that stupid wiggly ass walk, the Marilyn Monroe gasping routine and sticking her ass and tits out. Plus, I hate the fact that her teeth are so fucking perfect. But, the bitch has some fierce bone structure, probably the best since Elyse and Yoanna.

Dom is nothing but comic relief. This girl really think she's the next Tyra Banks and is getting ready to take on the fashion world. I wouldn't be surprised if she behind a desk answering the phone at Bob's Towing. Fourth place is usually for the girl that used up all 9 lives - cycle 6's Sara, Bianca, Robin, Ann, Jayla and Dionne.

Thanks to Tootie, Fatima loses.

I'm crossing my fingers that Anya loses, because I think she's better off. I do think about her commercials of her falling out of the limo or accidentally knocking a Covergirl factory worker into a press.