Cycle 10 Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1843 replies to this topic

Shiel

Shiel

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:15 AM

C'mon, first Aimee and then Claire over Dominique and Stacy Ann? Tyra, do you have eyes? Just look at Aimee and Claire and then look at Dominique and Stacy. Doesn't matter how good D&S's pictures are, Aimee and Claire are so much more modelesque. So frustrated.

saysaydiesay

saysaydiesay

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:29 AM

Maybe the true theme for this cycle is opposites. And instead of it being America's Next TOP Model, it's really America's Next Bottom-scraping Model.
It would make sense...and then our top three would be Titsy Flibnips, Dom of the Dead, and Filler Ann.

GoGoMasha

GoGoMasha

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:48 AM

I had expected Claire to make the top 6...... but then again, I don't really give a crap about Claire. As others have said already, I feel she's too old to begin with, and has been overrated by the judges so far. Plus, I just can't see Covergirl using a Susan Powter clone to endorse their products.

I think people had to realize that one of the "mothers" would have had to leave by this point. Both Claire and DoMANique are both the two oldest hamsters left in the house; they're both mothers; and they're both bitches. The obvious deciding factor (for Tyra) on who stays and who goes, is who'll continue to bring the most craziness and drama to show. Last time I checked, DoMANique is batshit crazy and a bitch; and Claire's only a bitch. Bye bye, Claire!

Edited by GoGoMasha, Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:49 AM.

Trave

Trave

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 9:33 AM

Hi all, first time poster here. This isn't a spoiler per se but an observation in the order of eliminations this cycle. I just find it "comical" that so far the succession of girls leaving matches up to the succession of the analogs for previous winners in reverse. This kind of gives credence to the whole "going back to basics" tone for this cycle. We all know that this show loves patterns but has Tyra & Co. really put in this much thought into the girls they're cutting, or is it just coincidence? Oh, and Kimberly doesn't count because she quit.

Cycle 9 Saleisha & 13th girl eliminated Atalya: commercial, a bit plain, black girl-next-door
Cycle 8 Jaslene & 12th girl eliminated Allison: Allison's a more obviously pretty but less model-y version of Jaslene
Cycle 7 Caridee & 11th girl eliminated Amis: crazy, unpredictable white girl
Cycle 6 Danielle & 10th girl eliminated Marvita: granted this should be Stacy Ann's spot but both are strong yet vulnerable and hood-in-a-good-way black girls
Cycle 5 Nicole & 9th girl eliminated Aimee: fresh, young, high-fashion-looking white girl from the country
Cycle 4 Naima & 8th girl (if spoiler is true) Claire: edgy, fierce and multiracial, all-week Covergirl of the Week

That actually makes sense. So, since Eva's next, how about the spunky black girl (Stacy-Ann), or the girl that gets into problems with everyone (Man, Fatima)? The episode after this is going to be SO rewarding!

tesseractgirl

tesseractgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 9:42 AM

Hi all, first time poster here. This isn't a spoiler per se but an observation in the order of eliminations this cycle. I just find it "comical" that so far the succession of girls leaving matches up to the succession of the analogs for previous winners in reverse. This kind of gives credence to the whole "going back to basics" tone for this cycle. We all know that this show loves patterns but has Tyra & Co. really put in this much thought into the girls they're cutting, or is it just coincidence? Oh, and Kimberly doesn't count because she quit.

Cycle 9 Saleisha & 13th girl eliminated Atalya: commercial, a bit plain, black girl-next-door
Cycle 8 Jaslene & 12th girl eliminated Allison: Allison's a more obviously pretty but less model-y version of Jaslene
Cycle 7 Caridee & 11th girl eliminated Amis: crazy, unpredictable white girl
Cycle 6 Danielle & 10th girl eliminated Marvita: granted this should be Stacy Ann's spot but both are strong yet vulnerable and hood-in-a-good-way black girls
Cycle 5 Nicole & 9th girl eliminated Aimee: fresh, young, high-fashion-looking white girl from the country
Cycle 4 Naima & 8th girl (if spoiler is true) Claire: edgy, fierce and multiracial, all-week Covergirl of the Week

That actually makes sense. So, since Eva's next, how about the spunky black girl (Stacy-Ann), or the girl that gets into problems with everyone (Man, Fatima)? The episode after this is going to be SO rewarding!

So then, assuming that Adrienne (sp?) is acknowledged, does that mean that in a couple of weeks we can say good-bye to Lauren? Cause this reverse elimination theory just makes too much real sense.

bluegins

bluegins

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 10:41 AM

With Claire eliminated I only see Anya, Kat or (who knows) Whitney winning.
Though Whitney has been saying on her facebook page that the #1 call out was not to last, and that she was happy to enjoy her glory while she was still at the top. Implying that she's gonna take the boot in the next couple of weeks. But I'm still rooting for her to win!

Wow Lauren AND Claire in the bottom two. I bet Kat will get first call out. I hope Dominique goes before Stacy Ann.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 11:12 AM

Claire goes before Stacey Ann and Dom? Oh. My. Cher. This IS cycle 9 all over again.

I KNOW!!!

Also, Oh my Cher??? PM me. I need to express my love.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 11:30 AM

Hey all: We've got some new posters (which is awesome, and welcome to you) so I just wanted to issue a few reminders so I can spend less time issuing notes to people and more time reading the spoilers.
  • Please make sure you read the FAQ before posting -- at the very least check out this list of Forum Dos and Don'ts.
  • Please use proper capitalization and punctuation in your posts.
  • Our definition of a spoiler is any rumor or solid information that has not yet aired and is not generated by the network. So previews, deleted scenes, and episode descriptions given out by the CW are NOT spoilers and can be discussed in any thread.
  • Stay on topic. If you're posting about something that is not a spoiler, it probably belongs in the speculation thread.
  • Please don't read this thread and then post spoilers in other threads pretending that it's just speculation to make yourself look smarter. I know it sounds dumb, but it's happened before and it's really annoying.
Okay, that's it for now. Again, welcome new posters (and thanks to the older posters) and you can PM me if you have any questions/concerns.

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, Mar 29, 2008 @ 11:32 AM.

ArithAlphamale

ArithAlphamale

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 11:33 AM

Ugh. If Tyra was going to drag a filler contestant THIS far into the competition, it should have been Atalya, not Stacey Ann :(

So babycakes, do you have any information about who performs well at the photoshoot?

Edited by ArithAlphamale, Mar 29, 2008 @ 11:34 AM.

bbxoxo

bbxoxo

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 11:38 AM

Oh Claire is voted off over Dom and Stacy-Ann? :(
I totally agree that Dom is getting the Jade edit and will end up the third.

23 Skiddoo

23 Skiddoo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 12:28 PM

Dom of the Dead gets to stay yet another week over yet another person with actual talent? Eugh. I can't decide whether she's Tyra's pet project or whether they're just keeping her around for the sake of creating conflict among the other girls.

Gloriette80

Gloriette80

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 12:42 PM

This is the Gina Corollary in action: If you go up against the bitch, you're going to be in the Bottom Two (so the bitch can stand on the sidelines and look smug) and then you'll be eliminated. It's happened almost every time since Cycle 2 (Yoanna went up against Camille and stayed, but Yoanna was pretty bitchy herself, so it was a more even fight). It's annoying, because it's encouraging raging batshit behavior like Dominique's. And I thought Tyra was a role model. *tsk tsk*

MKL122788

MKL122788

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 12:59 PM

If the reverse analogy is in order

8th Naima-Claire

7th Eva-Stacy Ann

6th Yoanna-Girl with amazing bone structure? Fatima? Naturally Modelesque? Katarzyna?

5th Adrianne-Lauren

That would leave Whitney/Anya/Dominique/and whoever doesnt get 6th

This is plausable in that Dominique is apparently getting a Jade edit, will get third
Anya is spoiled to be runner up and probably will get second
Which would leave Katarzyna/Whitney as winner which would play in to a good winner or the rainbow of winners Tyra has with the plussie

Edited by MKL122788, Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:05 PM.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:20 PM

6th Yoanna-Girl with amazing bone structure? Fatima? Naturally Modelesque? Katarzyna?

That's the one that worries me! I think it would have to be Kata or Anya.

I think the reverse winner kind of makes sense, but it does seem like you have to do some tweaking to make some girls fit. Like Claire doesn't obviously identify as biracial, and Danielle wasn't really from the hood, she was from the South; Caridee was "too sexy" more than "irrational," and Amis was clownish, like Lisa, not whorish, like Caridee. And Allison and Jaslene have absolutely nothing in common.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:32 PM

Lauren reminds me of Yoanna moreso than any of the other girls. Maybe not personality wise, but facially.

mmJellybean

mmJellybean

Couch Potato

• Interests:I have a wide variety of superpowers.

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:38 PM

This is a longshot, but Yoanna also was "bigger", so maybe Whitney could be in that spot? Or, Lauren would make sense too, especially if they cut off the reverse winner pattern after Yoanna (to exclude Adrianne) which...would be rediculous, but not surprising.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:57 PM

Edit: speculation. Sorry.

Edited by nicenessness, Mar 29, 2008 @ 1:57 PM.

tesseractgirl

tesseractgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 2:06 PM

This is a longshot, but Yoanna also was "bigger", so maybe Whitney could be in that spot? Or, Lauren would make sense too, especially if they cut off the reverse winner pattern after Yoanna (to exclude Adrianne) which...would be rediculous, but not surprising.

I remember more how Yoanna was more defined as "amazing face". Which sucks for me, because with Claire going this week, that means that my only other fav (Kat) could very easily fit in that spot.

TyGuy

TyGuy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 2:16 PM

Wow, the reverse elimination order does make perfect sense. If we have three winners left to go, I see it as this:

Eva: Black bitch--Fats or DomMANique
Yoanna: pretty face and weight issues--Whitney
Adrianne: Wannabe punk rocker--Lauren

That being said, if Anya is the runner-up then I'm fine with that. However, I don't think I can stand looking at her fadeout pic for the remainder of the cycle. That shit is hands down the worst makeover pic since Wendy of cycle 6. *shudders*

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 2:46 PM

Not upset about Claire leaving because I figured she was gone at some point because she was too old or mommie and the CG/17 people weren't having it. But to leave before Stacy Ann? I've accepted that Dom is in for the long haul because of her loose grasp on reality but why, oh why is Stacy Ann being dragged along this far?

needsleep05

needsleep05

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 3:44 PM

That being said, if Anya is the runner-up then I'm fine with that. However, I don't think I can stand looking at her fadeout pic for the remainder of the cycle.

Seriously.

I watch this show for bitchery and ridiculousness and I haven't cared about who wins this silly ass show since cycle 3. However, I think "Jesus, that's a hideous photo" whenever the fadeout hits my screen

I can't believe Stacey-Ann is still there. She's just so . . . blah. However, I am kind of excited to she what pearls of wisdom Tyra drops on Claire and Lauren when they're in the bottom 2.

"Claire, you tried to do a belly flop onto a solid plastic sheet and that is not (finger wag) fiiiieeerce. When you were unconscious you failed to listen to any of Mr. Jay's, or the photographers, direction. Plus, you lost your neck. Did you learn nothing from my Pose With Pain seminar?"

"Lauren, your walk is a hot mess and when you come to panel you always look like you'd rather be smoking weed. However, the other producers have told me that being cooped up in a loft with all the other perky and/or stank bitches is driving you insane and that you may engage in a fight to the death with Fats."

"Congratulations, Lauren. You are still in the running towards becoming the first contestant to ever punch another contestant in the neck due to the cramped environment that I, Tyra Banks of ANTM and The Tyra Banks Show, have forced you all to dwell within."

Edited by needsleep05, Mar 29, 2008 @ 6:07 PM.

The Anachronism

The Anachronism

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 12:35 AM

Guys....the reverse elimination speculation going on here seems like complete comfirmation bias. IE You already know which girls go home, so you are trying to make their personalities/looks fit in with certain winners. I mean, we could find connections between any two girls, for goodness sakes!

Now, if we could use the theory to predict the exact order of elimination up to the winner, that'd be something. But as it is, the "reverse order of elimination" theory isn't doing too much to even help us figure out who goes next.

dindon

dindon

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 2:09 AM

Guys....the reverse elimination speculation going on here seems like complete comfirmation bias. IE You already know which girls go home, so you are trying to make their personalities/looks fit in with certain winners. I mean, we could find connections between any two girls, for goodness sakes!

Now, if we could use the theory to predict the exact order of elimination up to the winner, that'd be something. But as it is, the "reverse order of elimination" theory isn't doing too much to even help us figure out who goes next.

Thank you, I agree completely. Not only does the theory not have any predictive power, there's absolutely no reason to suspect it in the first place (why would the producers do such a thing?).

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 2:21 AM

The producers aren't the brightest people. Couldn't that go into the spec. thread? (just leave out the Claire bit). Personally, I think Whit fits the Yoanna spot the best..lol. Lauren = Adrienne, leaving Anya and Kat. (Fatima getting the designated mean girl spot)

I'm so glad it's Claire though. It sort of makes up for loosing Aimee.

Edited by orangepenguin, Mar 30, 2008 @ 2:21 AM.

sweettootie

sweettootie

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 3:54 AM

Hi all, sorry for the upset my post caused. Didn't intend to speculate. Just pointing out a funny observation since Babycakes announced Aimee's departure from the show. Anyway, I don't think Tyra will be eliminating her Yoanna-type (Whitney) and Adrianne-type (Lauren) anytime soon since they're too precious to her. Whitney or Lauren or Fatima for the win!!!

Nina

Nina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 12:05 PM

Somebody posted this on the topmodel LJ:

This spoiler is, I can say, 100% true.
I'm not sure if I should release my sources, because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, if at all.
So without further ado, the final 5 is......
Anya, Katarzyna, Fatima, Lauren & Dominique
And their International Destination is Rome!

Edited by Nina, Mar 30, 2008 @ 12:05 PM.

The Anachronism

The Anachronism

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 1:30 PM

This spoiler is, I can say, 100% true.
I'm not sure if I should release my sources, because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, if at all.
So without further ado, the final 5 is......
Anya, Katarzyna, Fatima, Lauren & Dominique
And their International Destination is Rome!

We know Claire goes next, so the only other person missing in Stacy Anne. It seems pretty reasonable to assume that this spoiler is correct.

ETA: Ohhh...I didn't even notice Whitney wasn't on the list either O_O I'll bet you anything we have our first plus size to go overseas and she'll be cut first when they get there. Oh, Tyrah!

Edited by The Anachronism, Mar 30, 2008 @ 1:52 PM.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 1:39 PM

I hope it's in that order too. Anya wins, Kat in 2nd, so on, so forth.

Also, Whitney's tubular boobs don't make the final 5 either. YAY!

Weeman18

Weeman18

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 2:14 PM

That sounds like a really believable final 5. Except I'm thinking maybe Whitney does get booted after Claire? Just because it would even out the fadeout picture a little better if Stacy Ann was in the final 6 instead of Whitney. However, if Whitney freaks out next episode about clothes not fitting her, that could set up a pretty good story for Rome... Maybe she's eliminated first in Italy for a similar tantrum? However, I'm really happy with that final five, and hope it's true, because that means that my four favorite girls are all there! Now if Dominique could just get 5th place, then I could be happy with anything that happens from that point on. Btw, someone said this about Lauren on that live journal post and I think it's worth noting.

I just can't imagine Lauren being a CoverGirl. Unless they come out with a line of hard liquor-flavored Wetslicks Booz Spritzers. Get your jumbo 40-oz. size now at Walmart!

I love Lauren, but that's hella funny! Can I stick this in Lauren's thread, or would people think it's a spoiler because of the way it's worded?

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 2:15 PM

I don't trust anything without a source, and I was the absolute first person to call Whitney as winner so I am clinging to that.

I'll put it in the sticky post after Wednesday, it's too long to put anymore spoilers in :(