The Meet Market: Roadhouse Blues

• Please log in to reply

17956 replies to this topic

yimhappy

yimhappy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

This summer, someone started a thread asking how everyone got into SPN. There were a lot of answers before the mod closed the thread down, saying it belonged here. I'm disappointed no one moved their answers to this thread before that intro thread got deleted. Oh well.

Does anyone still want to talk about how they got into SPN?

AwesomO4000

AwesomO4000

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

Sure!

I started watching Supernatural, because when the show began, it came on after Gilmore Girls - a show that I was a fan of at the time. I watched that first episode and I was hooked. Even after I lost my love for Gilmore Girls and finally stopped watching it altogether, I continued to watch Supernatural. That I can remember - 7 years is a long time - I haven't missed an episode since the first one aired.

Too Late Kev

Too Late Kev

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

I watched the first three episodes of Supernatural when it first came out and decided it was just too scary/ookey for me, so I stopped. But then recently I started seeing a lot of great SPN pins on Pinterest and figured I'd give it another shot. I started watching on Netflix in early September and watched all 7 seasons before the season 8 premiere...149 episodes in less than a month.

Now I have to watch one week at a time like normal people. It's more difficult!

I'm a regular poster on The Office MM, Chili's.

Tippi Blevins

Tippi Blevins

Network Executive

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

I started watching Supernatural, because when the show began, it came on after Gilmore Girls

Daaamn. I totally forgot this show used to come on after Gilmore Girls. What an odd pairing.

yimhappy

yimhappy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

Late summer of 2010. I was angsty about real life. My husband asked me if he should DVR a Supernatural marathon on TNT. I wasn't too interested, but was looking for distraction. I had seen a couple of episodes over the years. SPN didn't seem to be my thing.

I wasn't expecting much when the first marathon episode came, 4.01 Lazurus Rising. Jesus, the opening montage rocked, and I totally didn't expect "Angel of the Lord" at the end. 4.02 and 4.03 locked me in. I watched all of S4 within a week. OMG, the first time I heard "Carry On My Wayward Son" in 4.22. I watched S5 during the following 2 weeks. SPN was only on Netflix DVD rental during 2010, and that's what I did for S1 - S3.

I was a total fan by the time S6 started during September 2010. But Episode 7.02 put a bullet in the head of my SPN love. I don't think that my SPN love will ever recover. But, TWOP was a great place to throw peanuts during S7. It's harder to give up the fandom than the TV show.

PrussianBlue

PrussianBlue

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

I watched the first fifteen minutes of the pilot when it aired because I like scary stuff and I was curious about Rory Gilmore's first boyfriend, and then I was completely hooked. I stopped the recording and dragged my (now) husband in to watch with me because he loves metal and muscle cars. I think he's still mourning the '77 Trans Am he had in high school. And he's still watching with me even though he (like Demian and many many others) thinks the show should have ended in season 5.

Edited by PrussianBlue, Oct 9, 2012 @ 10:55 PM.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2013 @ 12:23 AM

I watched parts of the first 3 seasons when they first aired (I tuned in less after the John arc was over; for some reason I have vague memories of "Ghostfacers" driving me away even more, but I wasn't all that involved in the first place if one episode made a difference), and then started back through the Purgatory stuff this season. 

I wanted to wish everyone a very happy New Year, and I wish you nothing but the best for the coming year.

deleted some of the stuff that rambled on off-topic

Edited by steve91199, Jun 16, 2013 @ 7:16 AM.

Hilary Dickulous

Hilary Dickulous

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2013 @ 7:56 PM

I won't link to it directly, but Jim Beaver (Bobby Singer) tweeted about his friend Gabe Tigerman (Andrew Gallagher, 2006-7)
https://mobile.twitter.com/jumblejim

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 7:55 AM

Thanks for sharing that. I hope everything will be OK.

Julie McNiven (Anna Milton in seasons 4 and 5) is asking for donations for her brother, who has terminal cancer.

https://twitter.com/Juliemcniven

Edited by steve91199, Jun 16, 2013 @ 7:55 AM.

RebelliousAngel

RebelliousAngel

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

*bump*

Just peeking in after a veeeerrrryyy lengthy absence, it makes me sad to see how long it's been since there was a post here!  

Where did everyone go? We all used to be such chatty Cathy's, sigh it seems life often gets in the way.

Hello to anyone that actually remembers me! I see lots of new names scrolling through.

How's everyone how's life?

Skinner

Skinner

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 9:55 PM

*blows dust off thread*

How's everyone how's life?

Just fine, thanks. You?

This summer, someone started a thread asking how everyone got into SPN. There were a lot of answers before the mod closed the thread down, saying it belonged here. I'm disappointed no one moved their answers to this thread before that intro thread got deleted. Oh well.

Does anyone still want to talk about how they got into SPN?

I've been aware of the show since pretty much the beginning, but I never really got into it. I would see reruns on TNT sometimes, but I couldn't get beyond Jensen Ackles' deep "Dean voice." "What the hell is this? Does he think he's Christian Bale?" (Yes, he does!)

I started watching it last October because it's streaming on Netflix and I thought it would be fun, cheesy, guilty-pleasure show for the Halloween season. I watched the pilot, and while the expository scenes were clunky, I thought it was better and more entertaining than it had any right to be. The first several episodes kept my attention, but I wasn't really into it because it was kind of heavy on the procedural format. Then came "Home," and Dean's secret phone call to John and, holy crap, I started choking up right along with him. ("Wait, what is this? Am I getting emotionally invested?")

I think the show really hit its stride and started to find its voice in S2; when I first watched "Born Under a Bad Sign," I thought it was the best episode EVER of the series thus far.

It's funny to look back and realize this show was barely on my radar this time last year, and now my friend (who I also roped into watching SPN) and I are building our first-ever GISHWHES team. (BTW, any past participants here with advice for that insane week?)

buebug

buebug

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

Hi Y'all. I'm rather new to Supernatural, in that I never really watched it until about three weeks ago. I'd seen tons of the demotivators and had a basic understanding on what the show was about and who the people were, even watched bits of a few episodes. I'd just never really sat down and made an effort to watch the show. 

Until I was visiting an old friend of mine while traveling and she forced me to sit down and watch the first several episodes of season 1 at midnight one night. It took me days to be able to sleep properly, granted most of the creepies from season 1 were from my childhood fears. I figured I was already in so I might as well keep watching. Two and a half weeks later and I'm all caught up. For me I liked the sibling dynamic even if Dean can be an @ss and Sam can be a douche at times. Castiel is hilarious in most aspects, as is Bobby and the music just gives me a thrill. Now I'm on the hunt for a 67' Impala that I can fix up. 

I am looking to forward to Season 9. 

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 1:04 AM

Happy New Year everyone.

AwesomO4000

AwesomO4000

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 7:56 PM

Thanks, PeteMartell.

Mine will hopefully get better, since the start left a little to be desired. After a great birthday last night, we started home from our yearly family holiday excursion of 4 stops and 3 X-mas celebrations (sometimes it's a pain to be the family without kids, so you're the ones who are expected to do the traveling), and we made it to 2 1/2 hours away from home. *Insert Crunch! here* Hubby and I are okay (yay - no small thing), but the truck not so much (boo - I love that truck). So since it's New Year's Day and no car rentals in the vicinity are open, we're stuck on the road one more night in a hotel

And we came thiiiis close to getting home, too.

We're making the most of it though, because somehow we got a great hotel room cheaper and much better than any other we've had on this trip.

Here's hoping that you guys have a better start to the new year!

DLJ

DLJ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 8:04 PM

Glad you're okay awesome...thought that my New Year's was annoying--caught a cold and lost my voice--but yours definitely takes the cake!

SueB

SueB

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2014 @ 12:16 AM

Oh AwesomO4000, I'm glad you're not hurt and hope you are home! My family's flight was cancelled on Sun night and we had to spend the night at an Atlanta hotel and made it out LATE Monday after another 1:30 hr delay from our rescheduled-flight-on-another-airline.  *sigh* #holidaytravelstinks

Edited by SueB, Jan 2, 2014 @ 12:17 AM.

Iguana

Iguana

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2014 @ 12:49 AM

Glad you're okay Awesom though my sympathies for the truck. Holiday travel really does suck and I avoid it at all costs. Fortunately my family is all pretty local.

Happy new year to my fellow TWoPers and all the best in 2014.