9-11: "The Girls Go to the Great Wall" 2007.12.05

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

250 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Dec 4, 2007 @ 1:02 PM

The women learn Chinese history and move into their Beijing home; the models must change a traditional Chinese dress into their own style; one model gives another bad advice; the women participate in a warrior-themed photo shoot.

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, Dec 4, 2007 @ 1:03 PM.

Trave

Trave

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

I write as I watch ..

Before the episode, I'm pegging Chantal as fourth place. I'm setting it in stone right here and now. (watch me be wrong ... (please))

Is it just me or does Bianca try TOO hard to be a bitch? She's still bullying Heather when they're half a world apart! And then the Jenah thing ... ass. I'm sorry, but she does not have the entertainment value like Jade, Melrose, or Renee did. Or any other girl classified as "bitch" throughout the whole show as a matter of fact. She's an Ass with a capital A is all she is.

Did anyone catch the "I felt myself..." from Saleisha doring the runway challenge? HA! I had a Natasha flashback for a second ... and then I remembered it came from Tootie.

I was hoping Jenah would win the challenge ... AND SHE DID. And then I hoped she would pick Chantal ... AND SHE DID. And then there was another "this is the first time ever in top model ..." and I died.

Chantal looked like Goldilocks on crack in the photoshoot.

Having Tyra as the photographer makes it so obvious who is going to leave. See ya Bianca. "I'm going to scream, try not to laugh?" "Don't be stiff today?" God.

Haha ... Heather is Covergirl of the Week? Woooo! Asperger's is a mild form of coming back from the dead and beating all the other girl's asses!

Jenah's speech was so heartfelt, and she almost gets the freaking boot for it. Bianca's speech was so stank-ass I felt like Tootie put some evil fairydust on me, and she got praised for it?! Get out of my eyes, woman!

Oh yay, she did.

Edited by Trave, Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:02 PM.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

YOU LOSE, BITCHANCA!

The COTW is still Heather, which sort of sums this whole cycle up.

lovefool1978

lovefool1978

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

Suck it, Bianca. "Beautiful spirit," my ass.

ilovestamos

ilovestamos

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

I really thought Jenah was a goner tonight. But I am so glad Bianca is gone. Being that it is the holiday season, I just have to that, like the Grinch who stole Christmas, the three best words that describe Bianca are "stink, stank, stunk."

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

Halle-fucking-lujah. Goodbye, Stanca.

This was the most satisfying elimination of the cycle. I was so sure that Bianca would stay over Jenah, I literally jumped up in joy after Tyra called out Jenah's name. All this bullshit from Tyra and Tootie's set-up victory, and I'm still as emotionally invested in the show as ever.

DivaBanana

DivaBanana

Channel Surfer

I guess Saliesha didn't have that much of a problem sharing a bed when she wasn't trying to bully Heather. What an awful person.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

So I guess Chantal is a man as Saleisha was sharing a bed with her. Liar. We think alike, Divabanana

Sayonara? Shut up, Nigel.

Can this show embrace China's communism and make the final contestants equal, as in equal losers. I could care less at this point.

Saleisha's face still looked Duh! in both her photos.

Wow, did Bianca's portfolio suck.

Edited by rustyspigot, Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:05 PM.

mmJellybean

mmJellybean

Couch Potato

• Interests:I have a wide variety of superpowers.

I was surprised, I wasn't expecting the stank to leave. But I'm not complaining!

I loved how CGOTW was Heather.

RudesMcGruff

RudesMcGruff

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

I hate that "I didn't remember you on the set" bullshit that Tyra pulled with Jenah. She always does that when she dislikes a girl but has nothing to back it up.

queenofbohorhap

queenofbohorhap

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

AH I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I'm swimming in bullshit.

Really, Tyra? Tootie was the only one who jumped? Let's not forget Chantal. Tootie's body may have been good but her face was god-awful.

When Bianca called Tootie out for sucking despite her previous experiences, I gave a little "hallelujah."

The editing on this show, regarding Jenah, makes absolutely no sense. Complete turn around from last week.

Jenah was by far the best in the group shot.

The only non-bullshit part was Bianca going home. I have to admit I was very surprised given Chantal's amount of screentime this episode, and the fact that the bitch always goes third.

ClosingTime

ClosingTime

Couch Potato

Ahahahahaha at Heather being the Covergirl of the Week. This is one disagreeable group this cycle.

Thank God Bianca is gone. Now if they can just scoot Saleisha out somehow, but I know that Tyra sprinkled some damn fairy dust in everyone's eyes (or the judges, at least).

Elmer Fug

Elmer Fug

Fanatic

When Jenah started with the homesickness, I started to get nervous because that like blood in the water with the panel. I really thought the panel was going to give Bianca a second chance.

Bianca my dear, you'll go down as the most nastiest, back stabbing bitch in ANTM history.

As soon as the Covergirl of the week segment came on we all shouted "Heather!!!!"

Edited by Elmer Fug, Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:06 PM.

TravestyTimes

TravestyTimes

Loyal Viewer

To give Bianca some credit, her last photo was good. When they showed her portfolio at the end, it was the only photo that distinguished itself. Indeed, it was surprising to me when I saw how much better she was at the end. That had to be the most miserable collection of season photos for a final four that I remember seeing.

I'll also give her props for a decent "swan's song" exit speech. Positive. Hopeful. Brave. Very likeable.

ZiegMan

ZiegMan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

LOL it was worth tuning in to see Bianca cry and go home. Long overdue!

And Heather wining CGOTW and not even being there..is that a first in ANTM? If so then awesome, could'nt have happened to a better girl. Go Heather, you still kick these girl's asses even when you're not there. :D

Chantal did really well this week, which means she won't be in the final 2. Jenah was also good. Saleisha....yeah there's nothing "high fashion" about that leap in the air with her vag showing. Nope.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Heather would have kicked this photoshoot's ass.

Caddy720

Caddy720

Couch Potato

Yes the bytch is dead. I am so glad that Bianca is gone. In the past, they've always eliminated the one who acted like she didn't want to be there, but I'm so glad they changed things up this time. To have such a beautiful face, Bianca is such an ugly person.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

God, I hated Bianca. Nasty and negative about anything that doesn’t have to do with her. I was praying she would be out, but I thought it would be Jenah because of the “she doesn’t really want to be here” thing. Jenah’s pictures are better, though, (when they showed Bianca’s portfolio, I thought only the flower photo and the recycling photo were good) so I guess they factored that in. Thank God! I don’t know why Bianca thinks she’s humble, cuz she ain’t.

I thought Jenah was the best on the runway so I’m glad she won. Saleisha once again got the “too dull” critique at the challenge, but she’s so going to win. Tyra’s totally up her ass.

That shot of Bianca looked deranged. The shot of Chantal, however, looked terrific. She really did look like she was going to leap over the wall.

Heather is CGotW in absentia! LOVE IT.

Shady Sadie

Shady Sadie

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

So Bitchcanker is gone! Yay! I swore I'd never watch the show again, but I turned it on for the first few minutes. After they read Heather's beautiful letter and showed Bitchcanker saying, "We don't really notice she's gone" I switched to that Grey's Anatomy spinoff. I don't need that c**t's ugly face or words on my tv and in my house. (But I came here right away at 9:00 to find out who lost, of course!)

Edited by Shady Sadie, Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:08 PM.

pickarose

pickarose

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

I thought the judges were going to praise Jenah for "opening up." Instead they called it a "swan song" and almost sent her home for it.

Also, I can't believe how much Tyra and the Creamsicle were gushing after Saliesha's photo shoot. Tyra was jumping around like a two year old. Give me a break!

Jaktwin

Jaktwin

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

OMG!! They had me tricked this week! When they were giving Jenah the ...we are all homesick, blahbady, blahbady, blah...speech I was swearing up a storm and was ready to scream "Bullshit!!" when they sent her home -- BUT THEY DIDN'T!!!

Yay!! Bianca's gone -- ok so I felt a little sad when the tears were rolling down her cheeks but then I remembered her sending Jenah in the other direction and her snotting about Heather "in her own world so it's not like she was ever there" or some such bullshit and all her general meanness and I didn't feel QUITE so bad for her.

RealChic1999

RealChic1999

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

The sound went out during Tyra's speech to Bianca due to a weather advisory warning scrolling across the screen. What did Tyra say after "find some friends who are photographers and pose..."? It came back on for Bianca's exit speech.

Anyway, ding-dong the bitch is gone! All that smack she talked throughout the episode, and that nasty attitude she had and she had the nerve to say she grew?! Bullshit. Don't let the door hit ya on ya ballheadit ass.

I really think Tyra is mentally ill or on drugs. She went from being delusional to just plain off (her awkward speech, awkward gestures). Is she hanging out with Whitney Houston?

Jenah? The only time I had no sympathy for you is when you fell for Bianca's obvious bull at the mall. Don't trust the bitch!

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

Although I thought Bianca was slime, I thought Selicia should have gone. Her photo was such a joke. Her legs looked like something out of a cartoon. And Nigel said his eyes were drawn to her, meaning, they were drawn to her crotch. Eek! I hope she doesn't win, but I don't think the other two are any good either. Chantal is so, what word am I looking for?...meh. And Jenah with that hair is so severe looking that I have to scrunch my eyes to look at her. I wanted Heather to win even though she could be scary at times. But since she's no longer an option, I'm just gonna go with Jenah to win. She takes hella good photos.

ZiegMan

ZiegMan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

For real. Bianca is not entertaining at all and that snipe at Heather about her "being in her own world" pissed me off. Yeah she's not there but she still got CGOTW and you did'nt Biyanker. :P

quack

quack

Couch Potato

I am DELIGHTED that Bianca was eliminated! Seriously, I've never looked at the lineup of girls and thought, "Wow, they're all so beautiful!" - there's always at least one or two that make me wonder if Tyra's wearing special goggles - but Bianca has got to be one of the most unattractive women ever on this show. And to be honest, I wonder if I'd feel that way if she hadn't been such a complete bitch. I honestly think her rotten attitude affects the way I see her physically, if that makes any sense at all. Talk about a satisfying elimination!

Am I the only one who crowed, "Wheeeeeeee, MySpace photos!" when the girls were goofing around with their personal cameras on the Great Wall?

If I had been one of the costumed warriors, I would have poked Tyra with a spear for being such a pretentious ass. Is pretentious the word I'm looking for? Demeaning, also, or maybe condescending. It must be nice to think of yourself as being so completely adorable all the time, particularly when you're acting ridiculous.

Where did this Jenah-must-find-herself arc come from? Did she realize she won't win the cycle without a sob story? That just seemed so out of the blue.

When this cycle first started, I had Chantal pegged as total cannon fodder and figured she'd be one of the first to be cut. I'm actually really pleased that she's still in the running - her pictures really have gotten progressively better.

Edited by quack, Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:15 PM.

spazztastic

spazztastic

Channel Surfer

Saleisha....yeah there's nothing "high fashion" about that leap in the air with her vag showing. Nope.

lol, if there was Paris Hilton and Britney Spears would be incredibly high fashion then.

Chantel looked awesome in her pho-to I thought.

Edited by spazztastic, Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:12 PM.

Hibiscus92

Hibiscus92

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:12 PM

OK, first of all, why is Nigel so infatuated with Saleisha? She's the least striking (IMO) of all of them (including Bianca and even Chantal, who seems very "pretty" and commercial). It's probably because she kisses up to all of the judges, including Nigel, unlike rivals like Jenah, who takes immensely better photos and is the most "modelesque" of the remaining contestants, in terms of her look, attitude, and walk.

Also found it funny that during Chantal's critique, the judges were discussing the fierceness or intensity of her photo (in terms of pose and facial expression) and Nigel exclaimed, "Why don't you look at ME that way" or something of that nature. He seems very egotistical - does he think every girl should fall to his feet beneath his gaze?

Maybe I'm not good at reading the clues or catching on to foreshadowing, but I thought for sure that Chantal was going home. Although she seemed very sweet and nice, her personality seemed kind of bland and "blah".

Another reason was Tyra's pattern of putting the season's "bitch" into the final 3 (I'm thinking Renee, Bre, Keenyah, Jade, etc.) only to oust them first once they reach the finals (3rd place).

Ultimately, the right, and most deserving, person got eliminated, although in an ideal world, the final 3 should have been Heather, Lisa/Chantal, and Jenah, with Jenah winning. She's got the most real-world model potential, IMHO, in regards to her posing, look, walk, and posture (Heather doesn't match up in terms of being able to: deliver lines on camera, communicate well with others, having a proper walk, or maintain a good posture).

Edited by Hibiscus92, Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:21 PM.

Elmer Fug

Elmer Fug

Fanatic

Did anybody laugh when Bianca read Heather's letter and it was address to Jenah? Her expression was of "that motherfucking bitch"

SassandtheCity

SassandtheCity

Fanatic

I kind of hate Jenah. And I feel bad for it but if you're going to be an industry like modeling, bitching about missing family is sort of lame since the whole thing is based around a lot of traveling. To poach from another reality show, you can cry, but you better model and cry.

23 Skiddoo

23 Skiddoo

Fanatic

And Heather wining CGOTW and not even being there..is that a first in ANTM? If so then awesome, could'nt have happened to a better girl. Go Heather, you still kick these girl's asses even when you're not there. :D

I'm pretty sure it is! Go, Heather! I laughed my ass off when I saw that Heather was still CGOTW even after being eliminated.

I still shake my head in disbelief every time they talk about how "high fashion" Saleisha is becoming. They're so setting her up to win.

I also can't believe they eliminated Bianca! I figured that her stankitude would make her a shoe-in for F3. I like it when the show surprises me.