Paulina Porizkova

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

419 replies to this topic

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 3:26 PM

She's Twiggy's replacement and will start on season 10. I'm glad that they finally got some sense to get rid of her.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 3:28 PM

I wonder how Victoria feels about this...

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 3:37 PM

Aw, I like Paulina. I don't hate Twiggy, though. All the Victoria shit aside, I'm just a wee bit sad to see her go. I wish they'd replace Nigel instead.

RealChic1999

RealChic1999

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 3:54 PM

Whoa...I was wondering why Paulina had a separate thread. Interesting news.

I hope she's ballsy and outspoken, and doesn't kiss Tyra's butt. I've seen enough of that on this show from the judges.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 4:31 PM

It would be nice if they boot Miss Jay off panel but I guess that's not happening.

Dhyerwolf

Dhyerwolf

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 6:17 PM

I'm glad they are shaking up the panel. Now all they need to do is replace the other three...

Sumi

Sumi

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 6:26 PM

Yeah, I was kind of hoping she would be replacing Tyra or Nigel, who are IMO the worst of the panel. Mis Jay and Twiggy are harmless, but Nigel kisses Tyra's fat ass, and Tyra is... Tyra.

Did anyone watch her on DWTS? I know she was the first person kicked off, but maybe she showed some sort of personality in the first episode.

observing

observing

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 7:17 PM

I just read on dlisted.com that Twiggy is out in Cycle 10 and Paulina Porizkova is in. I just saw the most recent episode once, last night, but I did notice Twiggy grimacing and rubbing her eyes while Tyra went on about Saleisha's alleged "inner beauty". I wonder if she was ejected for vocalizing an opposing opinion to Tyra? Too bad, I will miss her. The official reason given was a "scheudling conflict".

I still would love to see Janice Dickinson back, but Tyra is apparently looking for sheep, not personalities. Tyra sucks.

loveisthedrug

loveisthedrug

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 7:50 PM

Did anyone watch her on DWTS? I know she was the first person kicked off, but maybe she showed some sort of personality in the first episode

I did and I thought she was fabulous, even though we didn't get to see much of her, being the first one eliminated and all. But she seemed to have a great sense of humor and a lovely personality. How that translates to ANTM, I have no clue.

so bored

so bored

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 8:05 PM

Did anyone watch her on DWTS? I know she was the first person kicked off, but maybe she showed some sort of personality in the first episode.

I didn't see DWTS but I did catch her on The Colbert Report a while back. She held her own with Colbert, so I think she should be ok with the craziness that is Tyra.

Spaetten

Spaetten

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 8:59 PM

E Online also has the story about Twiggy leaving, but what I thought was interesting was this:

"Although Cycle Nine has finished taping, Twiggy will be there for the live finale in January, when another lucky catwalker is crowned. Based on her commentary so far, it appears as if Twiggy is pulling for Heather." (my italics)

Live finale??? When has ANTM ever had a live finale? And if that is true, can pugpix's spoilers about Tootie winning also be true?

E Online

Edited by Strega, Nov 27, 2007 @ 12:58 AM.
spoiler tags

littlshortdude1

littlshortdude1

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 26, 2007 @ 10:14 PM

I will miss Twiggy. She was a big Nata supporter (go Natasha!!!!) And you can tell she loves Jenah this year. I watched this week's episode again and noticed eye rolls when Tyra and Nigel discussed Saleisha's beauty. Twiggy, you rock!

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, Nov 27, 2007 @ 1:06 AM.

carrlos00

carrlos00

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 12:47 AM

I'm kinda sad to see Twiggy go, I didn't particularly like her but Nigel really is the one that needs to leave.

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, Nov 27, 2007 @ 1:06 AM.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 8:01 AM

I'm going to miss Twiggy and her British accent (ello gulls), her awesome critique (you have a really nice neck/ear/nose), and the whole Victoria/Twiggy feud. Never heard of Paulina before (well, actually, I never heard of none of the judges before ANTM...except Janice), but she seems nice, and from what people have been saying, she'll be a good addition to the cast.

ajay

ajay

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 9:51 AM

This could be good. Her book was a fun read. If she's capable of writing a decent novel, I'd hope she's going to do something worthwhile on the panel.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 10:10 AM

Paulina was a total girlcrush of mine when I was in school. I always thought she was the most beautiful model I'd ever seen, and in interviews she's pretty hilarious. Plus, she's married to Ric Ocasek.

On DWTS she was partnered with a dancer from Belarus who's kind of dour and stern and she was so good humored that she almost made Alec seem like he has a personality.

I expect her to give good, even funny, criticisms but I doubt she'll be cruel like Janice seemed to enjoy being at times. And, although English is her second, or third, or fourth language, she won't be nearly as incomprehensible as...well, anyone else on the panel except the guest judge.

(Seriously, Miss J, Tyra and Nigel never seem to make any attempts at making sense anymore.)

RealChic1999

RealChic1999

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 10:13 AM

Never heard of Paulina before (well, actually, I never heard of none of the judges before ANTM...except Janice), but she seems nice, and from what people have been saying, she'll be a good addition to the cast.

She's from the Czech Republic, was a supermodel in the 80s, and is married to Ric Ocasek from The Cars. Funny that the mixed CD I'm listening to has The Cars' "Drive" on it, and Paulina was the featured model in it.

...she'll be a good addition to the cast.

Here's hoping that we aren't changing our minds and going "ACK! Go away!" like we've done with Miss Jay, Mr. Jay, Nigel, Twiggy, Tyra...

ETA: Sorry for the duplicated info...it was another "beaten by a hair!" post.

Edited by RealChic1999, Nov 27, 2007 @ 10:16 AM.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 10:54 AM

HA! I knew that Twiggy was going down all cycle, from her issues with Victoria, to Tyra mocking her pronunciation of "Beyanker" it has been my suspicion all cycle.

Its entirely possible that Ms J or Nigel will go too, as Tyra replaced Nole and Janice after cycle 4, so its not unheard of for her to dump two judges at once. Right now I'd rather see Nigel go (though I still think he should pop up once an episode to look glowering and sexy and manly chested) than Ms J, if only because Nigel has become Tyra's sycophant, and that makes me...sick. Hehe.

realityremote

realityremote

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 1:46 PM

Paulina was also the face of Estee Lauder for quite awhile. She is drop-dead gorgeous, smart, and funny. Her book "A Model Summer" is a great read for anyone interested in the business and its darker side - plus it's juicy and fairly well-written for a debut attempt. I hope she brings back some of Janice's snark - there have been amputated limbs and people looking like they're taking a poo (check out St. Heather's skyscraper shot) - that Janice would simply not have put up with at all! I was hoping for some cold hard reality from Ms. J. but I think he's even more under Tyra's thumb than Nigel. After all, he kept saying that Lisa was his favorite and a lot of good that did her!

RealChic1999

RealChic1999

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 1:55 PM

If Janice was "The World's First Supermodel," and Twiggy was a "Fashion Icon," what will they call Paulina on the show?

Rocket

Rocket

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 2:02 PM

If Janice was "The World's First Supermodel," and Twiggy was a "Fashion Icon," what will they call Paulina on the show?

"The Only Model To Remain Married to an Ugly Rock Star for Longer Than One Video Shoot?"

I wonder if this is their attempt to get someone who has a name vaguely like "Petra Nemcova."

octodog

octodog

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 2:04 PM

In Paulina's heyday she was famous for mocking the fashion industry. She was the Elyse Sewell of the 80's. I used to see her around when I lived in Boston and she was always charming, friendly, and smart as all hell.

I'm hoping she calls the idiots on their shit. She's the kind of woman that can insult Tyra to her face without the bitch ever realizing what's going on.

Bye, Twiggy. You suck.

NoseyRosey

NoseyRosey

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 2:17 PM

I'm a bit amused by this. I would think TyTy would have a hard time with another judge, a supermodel [for real] as famous or more famous than TyTy on the panel. Plus, Paulina's not old enough to be TyTy's Nana like Janice and the Twigster. I wonder if this was Ken's idea?

I lurve Paulina. I hope she brings her snark and advice/opinions, but from what I can tell, it doesn't really matter what the peeps think anyway. It's the TyWay or NoWay.

Edited by NoseyRosey, Nov 27, 2007 @ 2:18 PM.

RealChic1999

RealChic1999

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 2:22 PM

"The Only Model To Remain Married to an Ugly Rock Star for Longer Than One Video Shoot?"

Haha. Yeah, what's it with gorgeous models dating/marrying ugly rockers? (I can't hate The Cars' songs though...I love 'em.)

I checked Amazon for Paulina's book, and it seems semi-autobiographical. But if she can put the industry out there like that in her book, she can bring it in the panel (I think...I hope...).

Edited by RealChic1999, Nov 27, 2007 @ 2:22 PM.

supergoober

supergoober

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 4:36 PM

I'm actually very surprised to hear this. Paulina has always had a reputation of being very outspoken and really, really smart, and it seems to me that Tyra would hate her guts. Also, I'll be interested to see what the woman who said, "You can't really think while you model. You have to just let your mind go blank, or it doesn't work" (I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like that) will have to add to Tyra's constant lectures about the "skills" modeling requires.

I enjoyed Twiggy because it was clear that she almost always rooted for the girl who had the best shot at being an actual model (though that girl never won). She was very polite about it, though. Maybe Paulina will be more vocal.

Then again, for all we know, Twiggy says a lot of things that the editors never let us see.

BeetFarmGirl

BeetFarmGirl

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 4:59 PM

I've always liked Paulina, she seems to have a good sense of humor about the whole modeling/fame stuff. I'm surprised she's on the show, though, I thought she was a much bigger deal (in her day) than Tyra was in hers. I can't imagine Tyra would want her on the show.
I mean Tyra is mostly famous for SI swimsuits and Victoria Secret-- essentially pin-up and catalog-- two words she uses on the ANTM models disparagingly. Paulina has had way more high profile covers, and a cosmetics contract.

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 6:34 PM

If not for the fact that Paulina and Tyra aren't exactly contemporaries (Paulina started out earlier), I would be inclined to think that Paulina is one of 96 other models Tyra was sharing a broom closet with in Paris who accused Tyra of stealing her alarm clock, and Tyra wants to humiliate her by being a passive-aggressive bitch to her and making her look bad with crappy editing. It's the only thing that would explain why Tyra's gargantuan ego wouldn't be threatened by being in the same room with one of the most beautiful women alive. On the surface, I'm sure Tyra thinks she herself is the most beautiful woman who ever lived, but I can't imagine that deep down, she wouldn't feel at least slightly intimidated.

prettywomakeup

prettywomakeup

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 7:03 PM

I'm really surprised by this. I really like Paulina; she is smart and funny. I thought she would have been a good addition to the View.

I am surprised that Tyra would choose a former model who is currently prettier than Tyra is. I so don't see her kissing Ty-Ty's ass.

I liked Twiggy, but this will be interesting.

I think Patti Hansen/Keith Richards have been married longer.

Caycee

Caycee

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 9:34 PM

I believe she's posed for Playboy. I wonder how Tyra feels about that.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2007 @ 9:39 PM

If she stays longer than one cycle I'll be surprised. I can't imagine it would take longer than that to figure out how bogus this show is and how no one's opinion matters more than Tyra's, if at all. I wonder if Paulina even watched this show before signing on?