Greasemonkey Scripts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

46 replies to this topic

SP8472

SP8472

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2008 @ 12:52 PM

I'm happy to hear that the code seems to work with other platforms than Firefox, but please note that I do not use Safari (or Mac), so please consider that kind of use entirely unsupported. (By me, I mean. Obviously, every kind of userscripting is unsupported by TWoP.)

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2008 @ 1:27 PM

Do you not see the drop-down at all or is the drop-down not working? The dropdown relies on javascript to make it work, so you might want to check that you have javascript enabled to make it work.

I see the drop-down but it's not clickable for me. I'll see if enabling Java helps (I thought it already was)...

delta888

delta888

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2008 @ 9:05 AM

Thanks to LimitProof and SP8472 -- these scripts pretty well bought TWoP another few months of read time. I just finished dropping my notes in the comments box.

This is very likely going to be among the last of my (already limited) TWoP posts for some time, because I just don't have the patience to wrestle with this website navigation and layout for anything but the recaps.

SP8472

SP8472

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2008 @ 3:02 PM

TWoP Single Page Recaps (link removed) has been updated and should work on Mondo Extras now.

They are technically slightly different from recaps. Before, the link appeared on them, but didn't work. ETA: In another tiny update, I have also fixed the spacing of the link (by giving it class="item" instead of no class).

Contact me if the new version causes any trouble.

Edited by SP8472, Jun 14, 2008 @ 6:11 AM.

SP8472

SP8472

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2008 @ 11:51 AM

For people who want to combine the recaps into one page specifically for printing, I have created TWoP Reformat for Print (link removed). It is intended as a companion script to TWoP Single Page Recaps (link removed), but works (with limited usefulness) on its own. On click, it wipes out most of TWoP's formatting and non-recap frills, leaving just the text content of the recap behind. The result is not exactly beautiful, but should be especially well suited for printing, or copying out into a text processor.

I have tested the script on my system, and here, it works on Recaps, Weecaps and Extras. Problems on other systems are possible PM or eMail me. I have not tested how well the new script interacts with LimitProof's scripts, since I don't use them, but there might be unfortunate effects.

Edited by SP8472, Jun 14, 2008 @ 6:13 AM.

Nostariel

Nostariel

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2008 @ 5:08 PM

Guys, can you upload your scripts to the userscipts.org website? That's where most people get their GM scripts from, and I've done many searches there for TWoP-related scripts and come up empty. I'm sure it's the same for most other users.

Edited by Nostariel, Jun 6, 2008 @ 5:14 PM.

SP8472

SP8472

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 6, 2008 @ 5:20 PM

I'm aware of userscripts.org, but I felt better hosting the script myself and just linking to it here. I'll have a closer look at how userscripts.org works and think about it again.

By the way, using "twop" as a search term, I do find a few scripts there. One apparently does pretty much what one of mine does, judging by the description.

LimitProof

LimitProof

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 12:24 AM

I've uploaded my scripts on userscripts.org here. I also made a minor update to the main facelift script (both on my site and on userscripts.org) to exclude the blog posts. I just realized a few days ago when reading a blog post for the first time that my script basically ended up blanking out everything. Oops!

Nostariel

Nostariel

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 7:07 PM

LimitProof, thank you!

SP8472, when I said "come up empty" I didn't mean literally no results (although the last search I did only returned TWP - The Whole Story & TWoP recapper cleaner upper....er. Although neither of those works for me anymore), I meant that previously I had found nothing useful with regards to the new redesign. It seems quite a few things have been uploaded since then, though.

I like the userscripts.org site because it allows me to subscribe to an RSS feed of my favorite scripts, which means I get notified whenever they're updated. *shrugs* Just a convenience thing, no big.

SP8472

SP8472

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 5:54 AM

My scripts have moved to new hosting:
  • TWoP Single Page Recaps (link removed)
  • TWoP Reformat for Print (link removed)
Recognizing that it may be a useful service for some people, I have also uploaded the scripts to userscripts.org, where I'm using the same username.

Edited by SP8472, Jun 14, 2008 @ 6:17 AM.

MariaArg

MariaArg

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2008 @ 2:22 PM

These scripts are great, thanks!

Just as a suggestion, you may want to add "Reviews of Movies we haven't seen yet" and maybe other blogs (I haven't checked all of them) to the URLs that are excluded from the facelift script.

LimitProof

LimitProof

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2008 @ 9:34 PM

Hmm. I'm pretty sure the most recent version of the script has those URLs all excluded (I checked all the blogs and they work at first glance, but please let me know if any of them don't work for you!). I'll re-upload the most recent scripts to my freewebs site, but I'm pretty sure userscripts.org has the latest version that should exclude the blogs properly.

B.F.P.

B.F.P.

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 7, 2008 @ 4:25 PM

So, I've added these scripts to all my computers and love them, but are there any scripts in existence that will stop the recaps from having the set width, or that will get rid of the episode grading bar (which kind of hangs out there once the sidebar is removed)?

kakiphony

kakiphony

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 18, 2008 @ 12:04 PM

I just a new machine at work and need to reinstall the view recap as one page script. Is it gone forever? Can I find the link? I am thoroughly confused and unhappy that I can no longer stealth-read recaps. Boo.

Selianth

Selianth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2008 @ 10:02 AM

kakiphony, check out userscripts.org and search for "twop". A bunch of scripts come up but the "view as one page" script should be near the top.

kakiphony

kakiphony

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 1, 2009 @ 5:27 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the scripts appear to have stopped working? Is there an update I need to install? Bah.

SP8472

SP8472

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 19, 2009 @ 9:36 AM

Could you be more specific? Which script is failing in what way? What other scripts are installed that are active on TWoP? Userscripts sometimes interfere with each other, and if one is failing, the cause can be a different script that seems to work.

All three of my TWoP-related scripts work fine for me, in Firefox 3.0 and 3.5, with and without AdBlock Plus, so I'll assume for now that the current versions aren't entirely broken.