Season 16: Fans vs. Favorites Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

647 replies to this topic

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2007 @ 8:27 PM

I also don't get why Johnny Fairplay would be included, since his season was before the first ASS and thus I would think he should be ineligible.

My take on that is due to the fact that no one (except Rupert) was taken from Pearl Islands, because it was the season right before ASS I and we had just see these guys.

keram

keram

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2007 @ 11:39 PM

Now Coby from one of the earlier seasons has posted some names of new players, and they don't match the names on the boot lists going around. That may mean these boot lists are false.

Here is one of Coby's posts from Sucks.

like i said i will NOT spoil the actual game but i don't think cast spoilers ruins anything. here are some names i have found out and this is all I know about them at this point...

Mary-fake tits
Mikey B- LA guy
Truck- new Rupert type/big guy
Curt- works for Miss America/Universe

and then there is supposedly another older lady who goes kind of whacko and tries to cut her fingers off with a machette???? lol

emphasis mine

The hell??

hegellite

hegellite

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2007 @ 9:51 AM

Oh, Coby, you jackass. Nobody cares about who those people are yet, even if they could identify who "Mary with the big [breasts]" is.

Babalu

Babalu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2007 @ 10:29 PM

Well, apparently Continental Micronesia is the official airline of reality show spoilers because Jeff Probst is on my sister's flight today. I don't have any details because she just left me a voicemail message and because she was sort of shrieking, but I'm guessing the flight was from Guam to Honolulu and that the season has just wrapped.

Outlaw43

Outlaw43

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2007 @ 12:36 AM

I also don't get why Johnny Fairplay would be included, since his season was before the first ASS and thus I would think he should be ineligible.

Even if Fairplay were on one of the post all-star seasons, why on Earth would they want him back anyway? Aside from being an all around ass he's a pretty quick strategist (and quick to stab anyone in the back, as everybody knows.) He would never make it even close to the merge.

Remember how quickly Chapera dropped Cesternino because of his well known social game and strategizing ability? Now imagine how long he would've lasted if nobody could stand to spend 10 minutes with him and you've got Johnny Fairplay on all-stars 2.

Wildog27

Wildog27

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2007 @ 10:40 AM

So, the infamous "Fairplay" maneuver was mentioned on the show last night. Perhaps foreshadowing his appearance?

Babalu

Babalu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2007 @ 11:36 AM

My sister got home last night and said that JFP was also on the Probst flight from Guam to Honolulu. When I mentioned the rumors about a 1/2-former contestants/1/2-newbies season, she agreed that seemed likely since, sitting next to JFP on the plane was a buxom blonde named Tracy (unknown if that's her real name or a fake name). Tracy said she'd been one of the survivors and that they were all on this flight. Kat (sister) didn't recognize anyone other than Probst (the only one in first class), JFP, and an "older Asian man," whom we believe to be Yau Man. When she's home for more than a day, I'll have her come over and show her pictures of some of the rumored contestants to see if she can ID anyone else.

crzypunk2004

crzypunk2004

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 8, 2007 @ 2:39 PM

The People at sucks are speculating that the people that were spotted on the plane could be the pre-jury boots. So if your sister saw any other all stars, then it could mean that they are gone pre-jury. Also JFP is rumored to leave pre-jury. So hopefully your sister did not see Cirie on that Flight. but they also could have just shuffled the castaways.

Edited by crzypunk2004, Dec 8, 2007 @ 2:56 PM.

Babalu

Babalu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2007 @ 2:58 PM

That could be, crazypunk2004, but my sister got the impression that the whole cast/production crew were on the flight from what Tracy said. I'm also not sure why Probst would be on the flight with only the pre-jury boots or why only part of the group would be coming back to/through Honolulu. I did try to ask Kat about Cirie and Jonathan and anybody from the current season, and she said she didn't recognize anybody like that (but that she's really bad at faces), so you could be right.

ETA: I think it's very likely that anybody returning to the Mainland from Palau would go through Guam, so - while it wouldn't be surprising that the early boots were on Guam, it also wouldn't be surprising that the later boots/Final 3/Probst/crew would also return via Guam.

Edited by Babalu, Dec 8, 2007 @ 3:01 PM.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Dec 8, 2007 @ 3:21 PM

On the topic of pre-jury and F3, if the PTB once again decide to stick with the newer F3, so be it, but they better go back to 9-people in the jury if that's the case, with 20 people on S16!

Of course, the argument could go either way. TPTB may be thinking 9 people is too much, but it's hypocritical because 3's a crowd, and someone could win by getting less than half the votes of the jury, with the other two being tied for second. Also it's hypocritical because there are a lot of people supposedly in this season.

Of course, I'm personally torn. It's a good thing for a seven-person jury (F2 or F3) because people who don't make the merge should not be voting for someone that they don't know. Of course, why not merge at 12 or 13? OTOH, it'll suck because awesome and skillful Yau-Man will get cut and awesome but cold Amanda makes it (and will likely be the swing vote). Either way, F3 still sucks.

However, if the latter plays out, then Yau-Man makes it further than stated. Thanks for the info as always, Babalu!

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2007 @ 3:02 PM

Brought over from speculation because having seen spoilers, I'm not comfortable posting there:

Nich337 said:

I have a feeling the most recent episode will come into play in the official announcement of All-Stars at the reunion. Talk of Todd's sister's news will lead to talk of Jonny Fairplay and what he did, and Jeff will make some irritating proclamation about how, love him or hate him, it's one the most infamous moments in Survivor history (illustrious as it is), and people are still talking about it to this day--and speaking of which, we're bringing JFP (if he is in fact returning) back for AS2! I sincerely hope he's not back again, but Courtney's specifically mentioning him makes me think that maybe the producers are trying to shove him back into our consciousness, get people talking about him again before they announce the cast.

I hope this isn't true, but years of watching soap operas lead me to believe it might be. When everyone starts talking about the dead person, you know he's not really dead and will soon make an appearance.

Capricorn75

Capricorn75

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 10, 2007 @ 7:09 PM

If they do a half cast of All-Star (or favorites, or whatever they are) VS a half cast of unkowns (or fans or whatever they are) I'm going to throw something at my TV. I know not everyone wanted another All-Stars... but many of us (myself included) have been waiting 4 years for the next one. It would really suck if the producers in their quest to stay "one step ahead of us" f-up an All-Stars 2.

I mean... I waited 4 years for a second Survivor All-Stars. Sigh.

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2007 @ 10:05 PM

Talk of Todd's sister's news will lead to talk of Jonny Fairplay and what he did, and Jeff will make some irritating proclamation about how, love him or hate him, it's one the most infamous moments in Survivor history

Something tells me you are right, but I really hope they did not put this incredibly unpleasant storyline into the episode just because of the tenuous connection to a former contestant many people never wanted to see again in the first place. And by bringing Fairplay up again, the show would be heavily implying that Todd and his family lied.

pitchnduel

pitchnduel

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 11:02 PM

I noticed at the China finale that when Jeff indicated that at least one member of the China cast would be in Micronesia, Courtney (of the ever-expressive eyerolls) directed her eyes to her right, where Amanda was sitting.

James, of course, is a fait accompli.

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

• Interests:Filling in interests bubbles on websites

Posted Dec 16, 2007 @ 11:03 PM

Well, that would answer my earlier question about the lists and whether it was the Amanda or the Danielle was returning. I'm still curious on that one.

Given the way the promo was edited, and how Jeff talked about it afterwards, I'm getting the slightest feeling that the most recent spoiler list we saw was correct.

jen222

jen222

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:09 PM

I am very curious about this season and I hope it provides the show with a much needed boost after the boringness that was China. Though Courtney did really win me over at the end.

I was wondering if someone could possibly repost or provide a new link to to the most recent potential cast list of returning players? Perhaps I am going blind, as I can't find it by reading back in the thread (only the boot lists and there seem to be some people, e.g. Danielle, for whom it is unclear if they are new or returning) and I cannot get the linked material to open. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Bring on Jonathan!!

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:13 PM

The most recent list was a few pages back (again, grain of salt, though):

7th Place: Eliza
8th Place: Ashley
9th Place: James
10th Place: Amanda
11th Place: Yau-Man
12th Place: Tanner
13th Place: Drew
14th Place: Parvati
15th Place: JFP
16th Place: Ami
17th Place: Sandy
18th Place: Ozzy
19th Place: Travis
20th Place: Miriam

They say the final 6 are Jonathan, Danielle, Dewey, Jared, Erin, and Cirie.

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:18 PM

Supposedly the list is:

Parvati, Ami, Ozzy, James, Amanda, Fairplay, Jonathan, Eliza, Yau-Man, Cirie.

Some of those people are among my most hated players ever on this show, while some of the others are among my all time favorites.

I think that list may have been disproven because of some of the names on there not matching up to the names of players on the show, but I can't remember.

Edited by RyanCrowell, Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:19 PM.

jen222

jen222

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 12:20 PM

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that . . . I'll chalk it up to it being finals time.

So are people assuming that Amanda is this past season's Amanda and that the Danielle in the supposed final six is new? Is there any evidence to the contrary? I guess this question is still up in the air . . . Aside from Parvati and JFP (eww!), I quite like the cast!

Eponah

Eponah

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 3:42 PM

So if it is the James and Amanda going to Survivor FvF, did they already do it and just got back in time for the S15 Reunion? Or are they going to be shooting FvF over the holidays? When is the next season set to begin?

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 3:58 PM

Well, given that Jeff was back too, if these spoilers are correct I'm fairly certain the season has wrapped and that they are in the editing process. Which would put us probably at S16 starting a couple of months into the new year.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 9:30 PM

Fairplay? Unless Probst was under hynopsis for the entire season, I would love to know how he would agree to him.

So if it is the James and Amanda going to Survivor FvF, did they already do it and just got back in time for the S15 Reunion?

I believe ASS was finished a few days before the S7 finale which allowed Rupert to show up for it.

Kira53

Kira53

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 10:34 PM

How can the list of cast members and "booties" be correct when the season is Favorites vs Fans? Aren't all of the cast members mentioned favorites? Where are the names of the fans?

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 10:39 PM

If the list just reposted is correct, the "favourites" would be: Parvati, Ami, Ozzy, James, Amanda, Fairplay, Jonathan, Eliza, Yau-Man, and Cirie.

The fans would be: Ashley, Tanner, Drew, Sandy, Travis, Miriam, Danielle, Dewey, Jared, and Erin.

Nascar

Nascar

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 10:59 PM

Which would put us probably at S16 starting a couple of months into the new year.

S16 starts February 7th.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:28 PM

I just checked Survivor Fever, and they have one spoiler that kind of worries me: apparently, there will be a decent amount of quitters this season. I guess that figures, since two quit on the original ASS, not to mention a quitter in the first Palau (Janu), not to mention two who asked to be voted out (Ian, of course, and Jeff, the dude that hurt his ankle.) So, if the spoiler is true, then this could be kind of lame. Then again, it would also piss Jeff Probst off, which is always funny.

Also, on the same site, there is claim that someone this season will get burned "Jaime-style." Take that for what it's worth, I guess.

USGangster86

USGangster86

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 12:31 AM

If the list is true and Cirie can somehow use her intelligence to get to the f3, she deserves the win...hopefully her and Jonathan team up. But, why would they keep Cirie around for that long. If they did not see her season, Cirie shown her intelligence and strategic mind, and if she did not lose in the tie-breaker, I definitely believe she would have won a million. Plus, Cirie could have, post-show, caught up on survivor skills like catching fish, building a fire. She could have lost alot of weight and build muscle for all we know. She's a dangerous player.

Not suprised they got rid of Ozzy as soon as they could. They saw what he could do, if he gets a chance to play for individualy immunity. He is a freaking beast.

Edited by USGangster86, Dec 18, 2007 @ 12:37 AM.

crzypunk2004

crzypunk2004

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 8:08 AM

If the list just reposted is correct, the "favourites" would be: Parvati, Ami, Ozzy, James, Amanda, Fairplay, Jonathan, Eliza, Yau-Man, and Cirie.

The fans would be: Ashley, Tanner, Drew, Sandy, Travis, Miriam, Danielle, Dewey, Jared, and Erin.

That list has proven to be false, The all-stars are correct but the newbies were spoiled by Coby and he had different names and they are...

Alexis
Chet
Eric
Jason
Joel
Kathy
Mary
Mikey B.
Natalie
Tracy

Someone else posted at sucks that Natalie (who is a lesbian) makes it to the Family visit and is actually taken on reward. Another poster posted that JFP actually quits at the very beginning and Mary(Has fake tits) is the second boot.Coby also posted that some lady goes crazy and tries to cut her fingers off ???, so she might be a quitter.And someone goes out Jaime(China) style. So what we know so far is that...

20th-JFP? (Quits)
19th-Mary
F6 or better-Natalie

Edited by crzypunk2004, Dec 18, 2007 @ 9:23 AM.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 9:10 AM

That's what I saw from Coby, although I don't really care about the newbies being right or wrong, as most people don't know who they are yet anyway. The return of the castaways, however? Meh. Maybe they'll do this again. Not surprised about no one from Palau, as two people competed again on a different season. Although there's no one from Guatemala either. It would've been nice to see Cindy, Rafe, and some of the Top Seven again. Of course, it's not a total loss; Danni was the one I would've loved to see the most, but she already won. And technically, two of the Guatemala cast were already on another season anyway.

This list also means no Julie Berry. That's probably a good thing, because a genius like Cirie might undisclose a very high-profile affair between Berry and Jon Dalton (for good TV), and the following result will not be good. As for the quitting from several people? Don't know what to think of that right this minute.

ksulaura

ksulaura

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 10:41 AM

Not sure I can watch if Ami is on the show. She is my most hated Survivor player of all time. As long as she goes out early...