Season 16: Fans vs. Favorites Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

647 replies to this topic

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 12:22 PM

OK, if the list of alleged contestants is true, I'm actually pretty darn OK with it. From Reality Blurred:

Here's the casting as listed at Reality TV Spoiler (linked above):

From Survivor 9: Vanuatu: Julie Berry (5th place finish, Jeff Probst's love interest? Hmmm), Eliza Orlins - 4th place, Ami Cusack - 6th place finish.

From Survivor 10: Palau: Katie Gallagher - finished 2nd, Ian the Dolphin Trainer Dude Rosenberger - finished 3rd, Jenn Lyon - 4th place, Coby Archa - finished 9th.
From Survivor 11: Guatemala: Fishmonger Lydia Morales - finished 4th, doorman Judd Sergeant IV - finished 6th, Gary Ex-Dallas Cowboy Hogeboom - finished 7th.
From Survivor 12: Panama: Terry Dietz - finished 3rd, Cirie Fields - finished 4th, Shane Powers - finished 5th. (Please let Shane not be there, I beg of you!)
From Survivor 13: Cook Islands: Ozzy Lusth (yay!) - finished 2nd, Parvati Shallow (boo) - finished 6th, Jonathan Penner - finished 7th.
From Survivor 14: Fiji: Yau-Man Chan (but I knew that) - finished 4th, Michelle Yi - finished 10th.
From Survivor 15: China: Courtney Yates (don't yell at me, I'm just the messenger) and James Clement.

JONATHAN!!!! YAAAAAAY!!! And Michelle! And Ian! And Hawkins, er, Hogeboom! And CrazyJudd! And CrazyShane! This could actually be very, very fun. Of course, I would have liked to see P. Beefcake return, but that's because reading his blogs has given me the big moony eyes for him. The only suspicious inclusion is Julie--I'm not sure how they're going to ensure that Peachy isn't biased toward her if she gets slammed at TC by her tribemates or is doing suckily in a challenge.

ETA: Thanks for starting a separate spoiler thread, TWoP Pembleton.

Edited by Nutjob, Nov 2, 2007 @ 1:02 PM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 12:51 PM

If that list is true, that would explain why Jonathan has mysteriously disappeared from the Survivor Strikes Back Blog.

I also think that is a great list, if it's true. Don't care for some of them, like Courtney, Katie or Parvati, but I can live with it. But both Judd and Shane?! Oh boy. But Ian! And Yau-Man and Michelle! And I hope we have a tall-off challenge, between James and Gary Hogeboom. And I really hope both Jonathan and Lydia continue to annoy Jeff Probst, in their own special ways.

Edited by thuganomics85, Nov 2, 2007 @ 1:01 PM.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 1:05 PM

And I really hope both Jonathan and Lydia continue to annoy Jeff Probst, in their own special ways.

Oh, I had forgotten all the lovely times Jonathan made Probst sound like an idiot. Good times.

I kind of hope that Julie gets stuck on a tribe with Judd, Eliza AND Shane, even though I know TPTB would never let that happen to the PeachySqueeze, just to see her go completely nuts from all the crazy.

hegellite

hegellite

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 1:20 PM

The only two additions that piss me off are Parvati/Julie, so I know one of them is going to win.

BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

Steph could be there.

jmilazzo

jmilazzo

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 3:34 PM

Ok, if Courtney & James from this season are on the list, then doesn't that mean that neither of them could have made the Final 3 since there is supposedly a No Winners rule for this All-Stars & if either or both of them made Final 3, no one would know yet if they (Courtney or James) had won since the announcement is done live? While the list is a spoiled list, it's got to be known that the news will leak well before the season. And if either or both of them *is* in the Final 3, then once this leaks, the other person/people in the Final 3 would have to realize that this would mean they have a better chance of being the winner, right? I guess it also means that neither of them will be at the reunion?

Also, I thought someone had asked Yau-Man if he would do another season & he had said no.

Edited by jmilazzo, Nov 2, 2007 @ 3:35 PM.

keram

keram

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 3:43 PM

CBS just announced that the finale for this season is the 16th of January. That would leave plenty of time for filming All Stars so that James and Courtney could be there.

jmilazzo, maybe they changed their minds. The No Winner Rule was menitioned a month before Survivor: China wrapped up.

Edited by keram, Nov 2, 2007 @ 4:12 PM.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 3:59 PM

CBS just announced that the finale for this season is the 16th of January. That would leave plenty of time for filming All Stars so that James and Courtney to be there.

Right... it seems like they're actually off shooting now, so the China peeps will be back in plenty of time for their finale, just like Rupert was back in time for the PI reunion. (Yeah, I know... I mentioned Rupert. Sorry!)

Will it jinx him if I say that I'm already rooting for Jonathan, even though this thing just got rolling? Because I lurrrrve him. If it will jinx him, then... GO JUDD!

Edited by Nutjob, Nov 2, 2007 @ 4:01 PM.

Simmer

Simmer

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 4:27 PM

Another season of Ozzy and James? Sigh.

I'm really pleased that we're going to see Jonathan, Yau-Man, Michelle and Courtney again though. Looks like it could be a decent season overall.

keram

keram

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 4:28 PM

I just wanted to point out that the list is not necessarily accurate. I have seen posts on another site that claim that Cirie, Terry, Shane and Michelle are not part of ASS 2.

I have also seen a post that claims that Johnny (Fuckwit) Fairplay and his busted-up face are part of ASS 2. Apparently, he posted that he is "on vacation" on his web site. If true, that would negate the whole "only post ASS 1 season" as a source of potential contestants that TPTB promised.

Which, in turn, could also mean that they could have broken the "no winners" promise.

Edited by keram, Nov 2, 2007 @ 4:30 PM.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 4:43 PM

Apparently, he posted that he is "on vacation" on his web site.

He would do that just to try to make people think he was on ASS II. Also, his poor, misguided girlfriend, Michelle from S4 of ANTM, is pregnant with his demon spawn, so it could be that he's taking time off of his famewhoring for that. Of course, I type all of that hoping with all of my might that he isn't involved, because I can't stand him.

phairgame

phairgame

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 5:46 PM

If the list is correct, BOO ME for coming in to any type of spoiler thread. I didn't even consider finding out about Courtney and James. I can't wait to watch them get voted out of this game, I certainly don't welcome the notion of them coming back to bother me again.

BOO CBS: why in the heck is the finale in Januray? We have a nine contestants left, a final three, so why is the show not wrapping late December as it usually does? I don't like this at all.

In general: YEAH cast. At first I didn't like the idea of no winnners, but I really do like the group they've put together. I don't hate too many of them, and it's a nice mix of maniacs and reasonable people.

Schoonie

Schoonie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 7:14 PM

CBS just announced that the finale for this season is the 16th of January.

The finale is in December, not January:

Finale Press Release (via Futon Critic)

phairgame

phairgame

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 8:43 PM

I will sleep better tonight with this knowledge, and I will not come back ot this thread EVER! Have fun!

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 9:30 PM

I have also seen a post that claims that Johnny (Fuckwit) Fairplay and his busted-up face are part of ASS 2. Apparently, he posted that he is "on vacation" on his web site. If true, that would negate the whole "only post ASS 1 season" as a source of potential contestants that TPTB promised.

It would also mean that Peachy is dead and buried, since he hates Fairplay so much that he expressly had him banned from any Survivor-related activities in which Peachy is taking part. In other words, Fairplay would only be on ASS 2 (and anywhere within 50,000 yards of either Peachy or Julie) over Peachy's dead body.

Nich337

Nich337

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 1:00 AM

I want to go on record saying that Julie will win. She's the only person on the list whose presence I really object to, and in keeping with the patterns of All-Star seasons (Mike Boggie, Eric/Danielle), that means that she's sure to win. Here's hoping the other contestants are as annoyed by her being there as I am, and target her first just like they went after winners on ASS1.

And whatever problems this cast might have, it is, in my mind, totally redeemed by Jonathan.

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 4:49 AM

Parvati?! If they had to bring a Cook Islands girl back, why not Candice?!

Merlion

Merlion

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 1:30 PM

I haven't seen every season, so my comments may be misinformed, but if there are no winners (i.e. people with huge targets on their backs because they won) then it seems like Jonathan will need to be pretty damn careful. He's widely acknowledged to be brilliant and opportunistic (reasons I love him). I'm guessing the others will want him gone.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 6:53 PM

It'd be nice if that list were accurate but it doesn't appear to be. It's also sounding like it's only a half All Stars season vs. new players. This is the current list of All stars, there are only 9, floating around on other forums.

1. Eliza (Vanuatu)
2. Ami (Vanuatu)
3. Parvati (Cook Islands)
4. Julie (Vanuatu)
5. Fairplay (Pearl Islands)
6. Jonathan (Cook Islands)
7. Ozzy (Cook Islands)
8. Yau Man (Fiji)
9. James (China)

Nobody from Palau, Guatemala or Exile Island it seems.

Edited by BtvsVamp, Nov 3, 2007 @ 6:59 PM.

Basileus

Basileus

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 7:14 PM

Whatever list is accurate, I am surprisingly okay with ASS 2. I know some people don't like the idea (and probable likelihood) of pre-formed alliances but it makes a fine change from tribal pagonging. And it will be nice to see Jonathan and Yau-man again, two people who understood that at the end of the day it is just a game.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 7:24 PM

And it will be nice to see Jonathan and Yau-man again, two people who understood that at the end of the day it is just a game.

My dream scenerio would be for those two to team up, and destroy everyone with their brain power and awesomeness. Sadly though, I wouldn't be surprised if their past will just simply make them early targets. Speaking of which, if Ami, Eliza, and Julie will all be back, I wonder if something will happen with them. They are apparently still close, so I wonder if they might actually be early targets, because contestants fear they'll form another dominating alliance.

It would be interesting if Fairplay is in it, since Jeff really seems to hate them. Maybe Burnett vetoed Jeff's complaints, and decided to have him back anyway. Then again, I remember that Fairplay apparently groped Eliza at a viewing party, so I wonder if anythign ugyl will end up happening.

cerveza

cerveza

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 4, 2007 @ 12:02 AM

if these spoilers are true and they dare allow Jeff Probst's girlfriend to compete, it really is proof that Probst and Burnett have officially lost their minds.

As for Courtney, while I have no desire whatsoever to see her on one more season one can't help but have a morbid curiousity to see how this girl will physically survive back to back seasons. Hell, they wouldn't have to vote her off, she'd probably just disappear.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2007 @ 3:17 PM

5. Fairplay (Pearl Islands)

I will be shocked (and really disappointed) if he shows up, given how much Probst hates him. If he's not even allowed to come to finale and reunion tapings, I can't see that they'd let him on the show again, much less invite him.

But I could be wrong. It's not as though they haven't done stupid things before.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Nov 5, 2007 @ 5:02 PM

I do wonder if listing Terry is wrong, because he's still blogging over at SSB. If they're already filming, he wouldn't be.

I will be shocked (and really disappointed) if he shows up, given how much Probst hates him. If he's not even allowed to come to finale and reunion tapings, I can't see that they'd let him on the show again, much less invite him.

Seriously, especially if Julie really is in the cast. I don't think Peachy would stand for her being stuck out there with him. I do hope Fairplay isn't involved, because I don't know if my love for Jonathan would outweigh my disgust at Fairplay enough for me to watch.

Edited by Nutjob, Nov 5, 2007 @ 5:04 PM.

pitchnduel

pitchnduel

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 5, 2007 @ 8:33 PM

I haven't seen every season, so my comments may be misinformed, but if there are no winners (i.e. people with huge targets on their backs because they won) then it seems like Jonathan will need to be pretty damn careful. He's widely acknowledged to be brilliant and opportunistic (reasons I love him). I'm guessing the others will want him gone.

For the same reason, Yau Man fans should be greatly worried. If I were in ASS2, I'd vote his ass out so fast it would make his head spin. Too smart, too well-liked.

I want to go on record saying that Julie will win. She's the only person on the list whose presence I really object to, and in keeping with the patterns of All-Star seasons (Mike Boggie, Eric/Danielle), that means that she's sure to win. Here's hoping the other contestants are as annoyed by her being there as I am, and target her first just like they went after winners on ASS1.

See, I was thinking Jenn Lyon is EXACTLY the type of non-entity from her season that tends to win this All-Star stuff.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 7:17 PM

See, I was thinking Jenn Lyon is EXACTLY the type of non-entity from her season that tends to win this All-Star stuff.

Word. At least Julie did stuff, sorta, sometimes. And said things sorta, sometimes. Jenn literally got 2 confessionals; as terrible as it sounds, I really do believe she was given/offered a slot based on personal struggles instead of anything she did on the show.

Probst's personal relationships with Julie and Fairplay make it a rather interesting consideration; even if Fairplay WAS allowed back on by the producers, how could they expect Probst to remain unbiased? Same with Julie, obviously - I believe it could be done to some degree, but there will constantly be doubt regarding that from the players and viewers.

Overall I'm not too disappointed with the list, though I do think some of the castings were blatant attempts for drama (hi, Shane and Judd!) and I'm sad Brian isn't there, but alas. Nothing will ever trump the sadness I felt at not having Kelly G. in ASS1.

Babalu

Babalu

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 10:37 PM

I just heard that Survivor is filming in Palau right now.

Source: my sister via one of her co-workers, who is from Palau. (For those of you who follow The Amazing Race spoilers, this is the same sister who was the flight attendant on the Oswald/Danny, Guido, Uchenna/Joyce flight from Nagoya to Honolulu, so I guess the way to get reality show spoilers is to work for Air Micronesia.)

No info as to contestants, though. In fact, the co-worker said Palau is a perfect place for Survivor because nobody could care less about it.

Nich337

Nich337

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 1:27 AM

Word. At least Julie did stuff, sorta, sometimes. And said things sorta, sometimes. Jenn literally got 2 confessionals; as terrible as it sounds, I really do believe she was given/offered a slot based on personal struggles instead of anything she did on the show.

That's fair, but I would put her into the Amber category of "bad choice" as opposed to the Boogie/FrankenTeam category of "unfair/illegitimate choice" (Mike because of his partnership with Will, Eric & Dani because they weren't a team, or even really a couple). I agree that if Jenn's on the cast, it's not because of her performance in Palau; at the same time, though, even if the reasoning behind casting her is screwy, her struggle is something I can sympathize with. On the other hand, I think should Julie's relationship with Probst should be grounds for immediate disqualification from consideration, particularly given his recent penchant for manipulating the game to help his favorites.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 4:31 AM

What I like is that you have two awsome assholes on this show with Shane and Judd. And you could see the battle of the two challenge monsters Terry and Ozzy.

The people that I do believe belong on AS2 beyond a shadow of a doubt are: Ami (She along with Twila, Cirie and Steph are the top four female contestants since the first All-Stars) , Eliza (Isn't she a lawyer now? Does she really need the money that bad?), Katie, Ian, Judd, Gary, Terry, Cirie, Shane, Ozzy, Jonathan, Yau-Man, Michelle, and James.

The people that I am on the fence about are Courtney and Parvati (Don't get me wrong I think she is nice to look at but I am not sure if she belongs on AS2 or not).

Okay for the most part I agree with the female cast if this is the cast. I personally would get rid of Julie, Jenn, and Lydia (even though I love the fact that Jeff hates Lydia). I just do not feel that any of them warrant a position in All-Stars. Julie for the simple fact that not only did she not do anything but she is also Jeff's girlfriend. Jenn because even though she made it to the final four she had no screen time what so ever (and I agree that is she is apart of the cast it was more for what happened in her personal life). Lydia just did not add anything during her season as well. That being said the only one that I am dead set against having on there is Julie. I liked both Jenn and Lydia during their seasons. I just wish they did more.

Now if I could replace them with three other women my choices would be:
Scout: As much as I dislike this crazy old coot she is a memorable contestant.
Twila: Twila rocks plain and simple! First off she was the master mind of one of the biggest coups in Survivor history. And after the previous All-Stars there have been only really a handful of standout women on this show and IMHO Twila, Ami, Steph and Cirie are those women. The rest are not in the same league of these four women. As much as I dislike Ami and Guatemala Steph.
Candice: She was a great athlete and one of the better female players post All-Stars.
Danielle from Panama: She played a really good game espically near the end.
Courtney from Panama: Come on she was the most hated person on a tribe with Shane on it! That alone should have earned her a spot on AS2.
Lisi: Say what you want but Lisi much like Panama Courtney was interesting to watch in a trainwreck sort of way.
Amy from Guatemala: She was a good play who much like Bobby from Panama left way to early in the game. And plus she is from New England so I have to show her some respect.

As for the guys the only one I am not sure on is Coby. I just do not think he played all that good of a game. I would like to see him replaced with any of the following:
Dre: Because he is one of the most memorable people in the histroy of the show.
Cao Boi: Because he was just fucking nuts and him and Shane would be good together on the same team.
Bobby from Panama: Come on, if anyone can say Bobby does not belong then they should be smacked down. Granted he did not finish to high but his post Survivor blogs are the best and if given another chance I think he would do great.
Rocky: (Shit what if they put Judd, Shane and Rocky on the same tribe? That would make for some good TV bro...man.
Rafe: He was a very smart player who much like Ian made a very dumb move at the end of the game.

I could even make a case for Redneck James (Season 10) and Jamie (season 11).

And I would not mind seeing Johnny Fairplay come back. He alongside Richard Hatch and Boston Rob are the most memorable men in the shows history. However, if they do that then one could make the arguement of how is that fair for Mike from season 2? Because IMHO they should have both been on the original All-Stars.

Edited by BK1978, Nov 7, 2007 @ 4:36 AM.

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 4:00 PM

I don't really have a problem with Jenn Lyon being cast. While she was boring, she didn't play a bad game. She did well in challenges, she worked around camp, and she managed to make fourth place. She managed to convince Tom to turn against Ian, and would have made it to third (at least) if she had known how to win a firemaking challenge. Her biggest flaw was she let Tom and Ian stay around too long and she did not do enough to keep Katie from straying back to Tom/Ian at final 6. While I agree that she is probably only getting back on the show because of her personal story, I wouldn't mind seeing her again.

I do NOT want to see Parvati again. She played an absolutely atrocious game, treating the swing vote (Jonathan) like total shit. She was shallow, and rude, and helped to demolish her team's chances of winning. I didn't think she was all that hot either.

OriginalNY

OriginalNY

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 8:09 PM

I actually think that as a player Julie's underrated, but dating Probst should disqualify her right off the bat.