S4 - Rami Kashou: Toga! Toga! Toga!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

242 replies to this topic

DuchessKitty

DuchessKitty

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 2:25 PM

So far this guy is my pre-fave designer. It's weird to see Rami on this show because I consider him very successful and fairly well-known, but I'm excited for his presence. It was interesting to hear the backstory in his video interview about how the producers had asked him to be on previous seasons.

IsabelPup

IsabelPup

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 3:46 PM

And he's hot like fire.

Hairymango

Hairymango

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 4:11 AM

His runway collection was nice and seemed to be well received by the crowd at the Ready for Runway.

ExKarlovicious

ExKarlovicious

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 10:23 AM

Now I'm not all 100% up to the latest greatest names in fashion design but I knew I've heard this dude's name in more than one red carpet. His bio confirms that he's indeed a well-established designer.

Is Project Runway now a competition strictly for pros?

hypertwink

hypertwink

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 1:51 PM

I'm on the fence with his collection...but he looks nice and fun and cute.

DuchessKitty

DuchessKitty

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2007 @ 8:05 PM

Re: Ready for Runway pieces -

LOVED the black strapless dress. I liked the mauve one too for that matter even though it isn't something that I'd wear. Talent in spades this one, and as Isabel mentioned above, hot like fire.

Hairymango

Hairymango

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 3:49 PM

I didn't really like his pink Edwardian looking gown, but I could tell that all that draping requires talent.

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 11:41 PM

That dress was very good, but I'd have chosen Victorya to finish in that challenge over both him and Christian.

BoDiva

BoDiva

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 12:02 AM

I can see why his dresses are on the red carpet. The man can drape.

shazzbutter

shazzbutter

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 12:59 AM

Rami = Teh Sex. That is all.

bluestorm

bluestorm

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 2:11 AM

During his first sniff around the work-room, Tim and I were having exactly the same reaction to Rami and his tank top and his shoulders and his chest and his arms. I think Tim may have expressed it slightly more coherently than I did: "It's stunning....it's stunning! Carry on!"

Seriously, Rami is going to have to wear at least a t-shirt in the work-room if we're supposed to notice whatever fabric he's throwing on that mannequin.

In spite of my Rami-lust, I'm a little uneasy about this win. Yeah, the Greek goddess drapery was faultless, but that silhouette was more Demeter than Aphrodite.

Next challenge, how about Rami and Jack make Spartan looks for each other?

Sophist

Sophist

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 6:44 AM

I'm mixed on this guy. His dress was lovely and accomplished, but if he's really that successful and designing for multiple celebrities, is it fair to have him on a show like this one? I guess I think of Project Runway as giving unsung designers a break, not giving semi-known talents some extra PR.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 8:24 AM

Bravo's Burning Questions Blog - Rami: The Freedom to Design

Edited by LizDC, Nov 15, 2007 @ 8:25 AM.

cellochick

cellochick

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 9:39 AM

I did not watch any of the pre-season stuff, so last night was the first I saw of Rami. I am exceedingly grateful to the PR producers for recruiting him (sounds like that's what happened from previous posts above) and delighted that he won the challenge so that he gets immunity and I am guaranteed at least two more weeks of watching this man. (Though most likely he'll stick around even longer.)

bearkitty

bearkitty

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

He's my favorite so far. His dress was gorgeous, although I agree that the flower was a bit out of place. I loved the way the dress was fitted in the front but loose in the back, it added a really nice twist. The pictures they showed from his portfolio were also lovely, I really look forward to seeing more from him. He seems like a nice guy who is confident without being cocky (unlike Christian).

hypertwink

hypertwink

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 9:54 AM

The dress was okay but I thought there were other better dresses. Also, I thought the Grecian look was kinda old but I realized that they probably shot this when every red carpet event had one or two of the Grey Anatomy girls parading in togas.

I still feel he's a ringer.

MiMiCubed

MiMiCubed

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 10:04 AM

It would be nice to see more true amateur completely designers not ones with established clothing lines and boutiques, but there is a leap from owning a boutique to showing at Bryant Park. That said, I think he is talented and has a distinct style, but I hope that he isn't this season's Uli. Very talented, yet the same basic dress design, just different fabrics each week and the judges don't seem to notice.

MidwesternFlair

MidwesternFlair

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 11:00 AM

He is smokin' hot. The dress.... well, the boobs looked really lopsided. I don't think it was the best of the bunch by any means, but the tank tops on him are 'in.'

BoozeGood

BoozeGood

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 11:06 AM

This man is gorgeous, like every inch of him is so hot it's a little scary to me. This is going to be a major crush. That said. I hated the way his dress looked on the model She looked HUGE (Beyonce wore a similarly draped design at the VMAs and despite her amazing figure also looked huge). He dressed Alba, so maybe he understands woman's bodies better than it seemed in the premiere episode. His dress also needed some other color to make it really sing.

lilshorty

lilshorty

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 5:18 PM

I immediately called him as good competition when Project Runway came on and he first popped on the screen. With that said, I'm sorry to say but I thought his gray dress was ugly and I didn't like it either. But still glad he won immunity. He's easy on the eyes and I can live with him on my screen longer. Christian, not so much.

armaniboi

armaniboi

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 5:29 PM

I would be so surprised if Rami doesn't switch models. I actually think a lot of the models aren't too pretty this year, but then again, I loved the previous models.. Grace, Marilinda, Nasri, Amanda..

Anyhoo, back to Rami - Rami's dress, I loved it on the dressform. Because it was skinny.. and the model is.. not so much. Poofy dresses only really work on skinny girls. The form even made the flower bearable but when on the model, it was ten kinds of wrong (her calf looks huge in that pic on bravotv). Don't get me wrong, I'm not weight-ist, but she does look big for a model, like a normal size model. But if he does decide to stick with her, maybe now that he knows what his model looks like and her measurements, he'll change it around.

As much as I love Rami, I hope he doesn't win. He's already relatively well known in the fashion industry; hell, I've even heard of him before Project Runway. And as much as I may have a crush on him (and giggle cause his last name sounds like cashew and I just want to eat him up even more), I would like if someone who's truly an amateur or not as well established to win so it could really launch his/her career.

MissJudy

MissJudy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 5:34 PM

Nice to see that Right Said Fred is now branching out from music to fashion design....

lilshorty

lilshorty

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 5:39 PM

Nice to see that Right Said Fred is now branching out from music to fashion design....

LOL! I knew he looked like somebody...

armaniboi

armaniboi

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 6:00 PM

Ugh.. Thanks MissJudy. I think that was probably the quickest end to a crush I've had in my life. Oh well, at least I can be more unbiased this season.

DuchessKitty

DuchessKitty

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 7:02 PM

I would be so surprised if Rami doesn't switch models. I actually think a lot of the models aren't too pretty this year,

Word!
I actually liked that Rami's model had curves; it was her scary-ass horse face that I had a problem with. Did you see when she smiled? EEEK.
Anyway,count me in the column of liking the grey dress.

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 8:33 PM

I don't know what to think of him yet. Seems to keep it to himself so far and I didn't see any excessive gloating after his victory, so I'm open to liking him!

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Nov 16, 2007 @ 1:35 AM

As much as I love Rami, I hope he doesn't win. He's already relatively well known in the fashion industry...I would like if someone who's truly an amateur or not as well established to win so it could really launch his/her career.

I've always felt the opposite. The show works best when it promotes working professional designers like Chloe, Jeffrey, Uli and Rami. If they're not at the level of a Zac Posen, they still need all the support and promotion they can get. Also, whenever the talented amateur/newbies get left to their own devices they show up with spraypainted headphones, woodshop handbags and giant, sequined boob pockets. Best to give the win to an established professional.

But that being said, and having seen the Rami fashion show on Tyra's show, his three looks on the Ready for the Runway video and the gray dress, I don't know if I really like him as a designer. His craftsmanship seems impeccable, but his judgment, especially on that hideous silver costume from the original Star Trek, seems hit or miss. I like him as a person I just don't know what I think of his work.

Edited by vallegirl, Nov 16, 2007 @ 1:37 AM.

georgia peach

georgia peach

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 16, 2007 @ 10:08 AM

In past seasons there have been comments about how the judges and designers don't talk so the judges don't become bias. If Rami is well known as a red carpet designer, I think judges, especially Heidi, has heard of him and seen his work before. To me that goes agains the "let's not be bias" routine.

I didn't care for his gray toga and I don't like his attitude.

Nina

Nina

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2007 @ 1:26 PM

Seems to keep it to himself so far and I didn't see any excessive gloating after his victory, so I'm open to liking him!

Yeah, I liked that about him. He was genuinely grateful and happy, and it made me go, "Awwwwwwww."

He's hot, I love his accent, and his dress was my favorite (I wasn't too crazy about the flower either, but hey). Please don't pull a Daniel V. on me, Rami.

lilbunny

lilbunny

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2007 @ 2:24 PM

I didn't like how the dress looked like on the model and I thought the color was dead.
Seems like a likeable guy though.