S4 - Elisa Jimenez: Interplanet Janet...with Gifts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

282 replies to this topic

Sibella

Sibella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2008 @ 12:42 AM

Report Post#254
Interesting article about Elisa in the NYtimes, circa 1999: http://query.nytimes...753C1A96F958260

Elisa is a true artist. I'm not even always sure she's a *good* artist, but that's not my point. She thinks, moves, breathes like an artist.

I *so* want to model in one of her shows.

Thanks for the link, moderndaypirate!

Edited by Sibella, Feb 21, 2008 @ 12:42 AM.

SilverPoet

SilverPoet

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2008 @ 1:46 AM

Elisa is so awesome. The reunion show was boring IMO, but she absolutely glowed. You could see that she truly took this in for the experience(s) and wishes the best for others, unlike some icy people that I won't name...

Plus, writing backwards? It isn't easy to get your brain to work that way, so it just shows that she's truly an eccentric, embraces it, loves it and breathes it. It's wonderful to see someone who accepts herself so honestly.

SpacePope

SpacePope

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2008 @ 4:38 PM

Maybe I'm weird, but I didn't think writing backwards was such an odd thing for Elisa to do. I'm always reading words backwards, and can write that way pretty easily myself, and I just think it's an interesting thing to do. Perhaps I am also from another planet.

Tamarama

Tamarama

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2008 @ 1:36 AM

She appears to be a really lovely person.

That is all.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2008 @ 4:43 PM

The PR folks were so focused on presenting Elisa as a loony tunes that they pushed aside her status as an artist and designer, her intelligence, and the fact that she showed a collection during Fashion Week. Look at her bio on the Bravo website: she has an MFA and is respected in the fashion and art worlds. She has also designed costumes for film as well as her own productions. When she was on the show, the judges seemed to have a lot of respect for her.

Gemma Doyle

Gemma Doyle

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2008 @ 10:28 PM

Elisa is so awesome. The reunion show was boring IMO, but she absolutely glowed.

That's it exactly. She glowed. Hell, she lit up the entire room.

The reunion completely solitdified my love for Elisa. The cool thing about her is that she's not one of those wacky people that thinks they're completely normal. She gets that she's weird and she embraces it wholeheartedly. That's just really beautiful.

Shelton

Shelton

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2008 @ 9:19 PM

I miss her. The show just isn't the same without her. They need to have a challenge this season where you have to use spit marking, and have Elisa be the guest judge. Oh I already know the quotes "I want it to go with the nature of the fabric more" "It needs to bring out a certain light, but that light is just not coming out of your garment." Oh, I can dream, can't I?

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

I'm not sure why Elisa came back for the All Star season. She's a talented designer, but the competitive reality format doesn't seem to work for her.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 2:05 AM

I thought that what she created this past episode was some of her strongest work to be shown on PR ever. I don't disagree with her elimination but she has grown a lot as a designer since the last time she was on the show. The two looks of hers that were on this past episode were really interesting, well made, dramatic, and feminine

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

From Elisa's Q&A on the Lifetime site:

Q Which fashion rule do you think is begging to be broken?

A The fashion rule which is begging to be broken is that avarice and arrogance shows style.

Best answer ever. Another reminder of why she's not the kind of designer that would ever do well on PR. And since she must know that better than anyone, it does make me wonder why she wanted to come back for All-Stars in the first place. She seems to have a solid career going without it.

CatsWithAxes

CatsWithAxes

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

A The fashion rule which is begging to be broken is that avarice and arrogance shows style.

Best answer ever.

Honestly, to me that answer makes no sense whatsoever (I'm sure it does in Eiisa's mind though).

I liked Elisa in season 4, but she seems to have gotten even more "out there" since then. I think she's an artist more than a fashion designer, even if her medium is sometimes clothing. So yes, I also have to wonder why she was interested in being on Project Runway (both times), unless it was just to get exposure.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 2:33 AM

It seems to me that Elisa did All Stars just because it was a really unique experience. She seemed to genuinely be enjoying herself on the show and even though I don't think Elisa is the most self aware person around, she HAD to have known she wasn't long for the show coming in.

I'm glad she was on. She has a unique point of view and I actually liked what she made this time a lot. She also just seems like a realy cool lady. She's kind of like that crazy awesome favorite aunt that your Mom won't let babysit you because she thinks she's irresponsible.

Edited by evilandproud, Jan 22, 2012 @ 2:33 AM.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

Best answer ever.

Honestly, to me that answer makes no sense whatsoever (I'm sure it does in Eiisa's mind though).

It makes sense in my mind, too. It may be that I don't have a very rosy view of fashion, though. To me, she's saying that being showy (i.e. saying something is "stylish" just because it's expensive or extravagant) and looking down on others in the name of fashion isn't stylish at all. Elisa is awesome, and I couldn't agree with her more. The NYT had a similar take on her, when they wrote:

At the marathon gatherings, which can last all night, the Hunger World models sip honey wine, tell stories and learn how to make their own clothes, so they don't have to ''spend all their money at Prada and Gucci,'' Ms. Jimenez said.

http://www.nytimes.c...i...enez&st=nyt
(For some reason, the insert link button isn't working for me right now.)

Edited by BDArizona, Jan 22, 2012 @ 8:35 PM.