S4 - Christian Siriano: How Fierce Is He?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

751 replies to this topic

DuchessKitty

DuchessKitty

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 2:04 PM

Boy, this kid is young. But he seems to have acomplished a lot in his few years on this earth, and Tim Gunn said that Christian was one of the ones to watch out for this season.
I hope he doesn't bring needless drama though.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 8:17 AM

I've heard that he's raw talent, and kind of a big deal.

Would it kill Bravo to run some different promos rather than the same one over and over?

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 9:04 AM

HAHAHA!

I've heard that he's raw talent, and kind of a big deal.

Would it kill Bravo to run some different promos rather than the same one over and over? Cookie Hoarder

Hmmph.

No kidding. I'm getting a hate on for the poor kid just because I am sick of this promo.

Edited by Somethyme, Oct 31, 2007 @ 9:04 AM.

bmb654

bmb654

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 8:33 PM

Yeah. I read a promo somewhere (EW.com, maybe?) where Tim Gunn referred to Christian as "a fashion prodigy." So I'm interested to see what he's got.

roguetamlin

roguetamlin

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2007 @ 3:33 PM

No kidding. I'm getting a hate on for the poor kid just because I am sick of this promo.

Same here. I can only hope that either the ads are completely misleading (though with those idiotic Peter Pan shoes, I have my doubts) or he goes the way of Micah on S3 Top Chef and leaves quickly.

bigbookworm

bigbookworm

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 3:48 PM

Why does he look so familiar to me?

pantz

pantz

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 12:40 PM

I like him so far.. cant put my finger on it. Seemingly passionate about it. At his age, thats cool..

ExKarlovicious

ExKarlovicious

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 12:29 AM

... or he goes the way of Micah on S3 Top Chef and leaves quickly.

I recall Micah's promo before Top Chef S3 started "Blah blah blah get the hell outta the kitchen weird accent" was equally annoying as Christian's "I'm kind of a big deal". I'll trust Tim Gunn for the time being, though.

Hairymango

Hairymango

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 4:05 AM

He may be full of himself but I liked his runway collection. I'm hoping he lasts.

ExKarlovicious

ExKarlovicious

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 8:42 AM

Hairymango: Where have you seen his collection? I noticed you mentioned seeing some of the other contestants' collections in their threads.

Hairymango

Hairymango

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2007 @ 5:58 PM

Bravo has 3 pieces from each of the designers in a fashion show called Ready For Runway. I recommend skipping on to part II since that's where the fashion show really starts. The first part is just some woman, and then Heidi Klum giving out thank yous to everyone involved with the show.

Edited by Hairymango, Nov 7, 2007 @ 7:09 PM.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2007 @ 2:54 PM

He has stupid hair. It screams, "HEY! I'M FUNKY AND ASSYMETRICAL, BECAUSE MY OWNER IS JUST SO CREATIVE!" I'm hoping his designs will be better than his coif.

cycladic

cycladic

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2007 @ 8:03 PM

From the Bravo preview of the first challenge:

Heidi: You must use these tents as the raw material to create an outfit that expresses who you are as a designer.

Christian: The tents looked like really, really cheap plastic fabric? And I thought, God, I don't want to make something out of this cheap white crap.

Now, I care about what the designers make, not what they say. And Christian's designs may be fabulous.

But, statistically speaking, anyone whose first comment on a show that's about making is "I don't want to make . . ." is highly unlikely to be one of my favorites.

Whereas contestants who say "Far out!" or even "Oh my god!" but who then just just throw themselves into the challenge--they tend to be my favorites because they surprise and delight me, even when they don't succeed.

Christian's comment just indicates a narrow-minded hyper-fastidiousness that I'm unlikely to find at all appealing and that doesn't bode well, for me, for the strength of his designs. (And doesn't bode well for his development as a designer. He's 21 for heaven's sake. Should he turning his nose up at ANY opportunity?) I love the arrogance that says, "I know I can do this!" I'm bored by the arrogance that says, "This is beneath me." I like contestants who are gutsy and go balls-out.

Besides, I mean besides? his ending inflection? drives me nuts?

But hey, speech, hair, whatever, I don't care. He just has to bring design skills. And if he does, and if he's great, well good on him. And good luck, Christian!

DuchessKitty

DuchessKitty

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2007 @ 8:01 PM

Re: his 3 Ready For Runway pieces -
A little too twee and trying too hard for me. HATE the hats. But he's definitely not boring and has a point of view. Still I can tell he's going to bug the shit out of me.

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2007 @ 8:09 PM

Thank you, DuchessKitty. Yes. I don't want to be bugged by him, I don't even know him. But that damned promo and then seeing his Ready for Runway stuff was just...I don't know...annoying.

ExKarlovicious

ExKarlovicious

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 12, 2007 @ 1:50 AM

"Fastidious" and "twee" are actually the first two things that popped in my head (along with "fey" and "prodigy") when I saw the preview fashion show (thanks for the tip HairyMango).

He's definitely going to be one of the love-hate propositions.

Edited by ExKarlovicious, Nov 12, 2007 @ 1:50 AM.

clouds

clouds

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 11:44 PM

Bravo has 3 pieces from each of the designers in a fashion show called Ready For Runway.

I just watched this, after having watched episode 1 and totally picked out Christian's collection.

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 12:02 AM

I agreed with him finishing in the top three tonight, but second? I'd have given him third.

PALfree

PALfree

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 2:03 AM

Um, does anyone else watch D:TNG? I keep on thinking he is Adamo Ruggiero.

Truman

Truman

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 2:57 AM

Um, does anyone else watch D:TNG? I keep on thinking he is Adamo Ruggiero.

I honestly thought I was the only person that watched that show!

But yeah, Christian is definitely Marco during his bad hair seasons.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 8:26 AM

Bravo's Burning Questions Blog - Christian: On Challenge One

KimKelly

KimKelly

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 9:33 AM

His attitude, speech patterns, and mannerisms are so much like Paris Hilton's that it drives me insane. Is he trying to sound like a vacant, entitled heiress? I hate him already.

japhy rider

japhy rider

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 9:33 AM

I might be in the minority here, but his mini-collection was my personal fave. I like that so far, Christian doesn't seem overly derivative. I like that he's worked with McQueen. But mostly, I liked this: "I think everyone has the best design." "You do? I don't, I see a lot of hand sewn crap up in here." Haa.

TyGuy

TyGuy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 11:16 AM

I've met this kid before. He and some friends came to a bar I worked at last year and hung out. The friends were like him personality and style wise (2 even had the same hair). He seemed nice, if a bit bitchy/cliquey. The bartender didn't like him though. I'm still 50/50 on him. I guess I'll root for him if he doesn't start to bug.

eirefaerie

eirefaerie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 11:21 AM

In the blog, Christian mentions not being impressed by Tim. Dead. To. Me.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 11:29 AM

It also says in the blog about how far along he gets, and so I'd say it's a bit of a spoiler. Why would Bravo post that blog already? Now there's no suspense as far as Christian goes, IMO. I won't say what the blog says, but just so others know, you can kinda figure out how far he gets from a few things he says and one of the questions. So, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

At least he was humbled somewhere and realized Tim is a fashion god.

ETA: Kasha, you may be right, but there's another part other than that question which indicated it to me. I just wanted others to know that you could get spoiled if you read it, as a precaution to those who don't like to be spoiled in any way at all.

Edited by Gunslinger, Nov 15, 2007 @ 11:45 AM.

Kasha

Kasha

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 11:39 AM

Actually I think the blog is referring to Christian being one of the final six standing on the runway during the first challenge.I don't think it has anything to do with how far he makes it during the entire competition.

fifthbeatle

fifthbeatle

Couch Potato

• Interests:ANTM, Project Runway, writing, reading, generally being stupid

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 11:40 AM

Christian's comment just indicates a narrow-minded hyper-fastidiousness

I'm not saying I like the kid, but his comment about not wanting to make something out of tent material is hardly narrow-minded! That plastic crap is pretty far out; I'd be a little unwilling to bend THAT far too. If you saw these characteristics in him otherwise, I'd probably agree, but right now I don't see where this is coming from because that would hardly be considered an egregious statement coming from another contestant.

Purple Ditz

Purple Ditz

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 3:03 PM

I don't know, I just really like him. He reminds me of one of my best gay friends (except my friend has better hair). And his outfit was actually really well executed. I think he has vision, and he'll last pretty long.

I'm sure his constant bitchy comments will be edited as "controversial", a la Santino.

TheCatie

TheCatie

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 15, 2007 @ 3:23 PM

Does anybody else think he looks like what would happen if the Peter Pan guy bred with an Greenwich Village hipster?