Addison and Pete: He's A Highly Evolved Man And She's Very Smart

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

134 replies to this topic

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 9:22 AM

The place to talk about Addison and Pete. Hate it? Love it? Think its going nowhere?

Destiny30

Destiny30

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 2:58 PM

1. Love it!
2. Has lots of potential as long as its not rushed.
3. I fall a little more for these two with every scene.

That's all I have for now... Brilliant eh? ;)

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 3:43 PM

Well i have always loved them, ever since the pilot on Grey´s.
They both are so hot and they seem to get along pretty well (Kate&Tim).
Last night`s final scene between them, was awesome, they were so connected to each other that made it feel so real.
Im glad Addie could resist to kiss him; cause is too soon and that way he is gonna want her more and more!
So, Im addicted to Paddison, period!

Edited by addiekate, Oct 25, 2007 @ 3:44 PM.

Destiny30

Destiny30

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 4:01 PM

I love that she left him all hot and bothered. It serves him right for teasing her although I do think its sweet that he admitted to fantasizing about her also. He was trying to make her feel more comfortable about it. So basically, they are having sex with each other but only in their fantasies.... for now ;-)

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 7:54 PM

Oh yeah, I would kill to see Pete´s fantasies, I bet they were a lot hotter than Addie´s.

Im loving this side of Pete, being so sweet and drooling over Addie. I feel he is the sweetest guy who´s ever been interested on her, cause Derek was always kind of cold, I can imagine him that way even before Addie cheated on him; Mark was more about the passion, and Alex was just fooling around. But Pete, he is like Addie, he was not appreciated by his wife, eventhough he seemed to loved her; all he is asking for is some love, just like Addie is.
So to me they are perfect for each other.
(Sorry abt my English).

Edited by addiekate, Oct 25, 2007 @ 9:40 PM.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 9:10 PM

I have to admit, I like the idea of these two but, for me, the actors do not click. I just don't see the chemistry. Maybe it will evolve with time, but so far it's just not working for me.

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 9:47 PM

but so far it's just not working for me.

To me, they totally proved they had chemistry on last night`s scene where he comes to her office and she takes a look on his hand!
I was like jumping on my sofa LOl That was my fav scene ever!

Aeebae

Aeebae

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 9:58 PM

To me, they totally proved they had chemistry on last night`s scene where he comes to her office and she takes a look on his hand!

I completely agree. They have it going on. I loved how Pete told Addison he wasn't above having a fantasy or two about her. How refreshing for Addison to met a man who is actually honest with her and wants to make her feel better about herself.

Even better, she managed to get the upper hand at the end. Their story just got all kinds of more interesting.

TV Goddess

TV Goddess

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 10:13 PM

The chemistry was finally there for me last night, I totally see a lot of fanfics coming out of those scenes. It does seem a little weird at how they both know they fantasize about each other. Realistically, they either have to hook up soon or work very uncomfortably together.

ShepherdSquared

ShepherdSquared

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 11:00 PM

With regard to Tim and Kate chemistry - if I had the time, I would take the footage of Addison fantasizing about Pete and mix in a Harlan/Kendall fantasy.

They really do have mad chemistry, in my opinion. It's just a matter of how the story is unfolding:

- Sparks flying in the dummy pilot and a chance for Addie to start over and rebuild her life.
- Addie frustrated and underwhelmed in the next few episodes wondering where the magic is, Pete being a guy with a lot of repressed emotions, then a sign of hope with Addie finding magic in the little things.
- Followed by a totally hot and bothered Addison, who has to learn how to scratch the itch without getting herself into mancandy trouble, and then a hot and bothered Pete...

So far this is playing out like the Anti-McFairytale story. There is lots of potential here.

Every time Pete gives a speech that sounds like fanfic or a dove commercial, I will be the first person to point and laugh, but other than that, I am glad that Pete and Addie are having their share of goofy, awkward moments.

The payoff of letting things marinate this way is that just getting to see Addison take off Pete's bandage is hot.

This kind of story entertains me more than the overlypolished fake swoony stuff that Grey's is infamous for.

luv ads

luv ads

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 12:56 AM

I totally enjoy Pete and Addie and think they do have chemistry. I like that it isn't some fairy tale, true love, soul mates type story. Those IMO are childish and have no place to go but around in circles. I can't believe we've now seen what, 5 episodes and they are still feeling each other out. As far as I'm concerned..they can take the entire first season doing a dance before they get down to the business of really dating and getting to know each other.

I won't mind if Addie dates right now before any serious commitments are made. It's the perfect time.

Although they can be prickly toward each other I see the underlying admiration and really the only real problem I have with this show is that they are talking out of both sides of their mouth when it comes to Pete, but I'll take that to his thread.

By the time Addie left Seattle I couldn't stand any of her pairings. I've never bought that she even loved Mark or that he loved her. And Alex, while the chemistry was red hot - the writers weren't serious about that being anything real. I hope they are seious now and will just take their time and do it right. I think things were a little shaky the first couple of eppies but I've enjoyed them the last few and especially last night.

I don't want the ship to become what the show is about. I really hope they strike a good balance between Addie's relationships and the rest of her life if that makes any sense.

Destiny30

Destiny30

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 5:13 PM

How would those who love Pete and Addison like to see the story play out? Boy meets girl, boy tells girl she's beautiful, boy kisses girl to comfort her, months later girl ends up being boys coworker, boy and girl bicker, boy and girl admit their attraction, boy and girl date other people, boy and girl continue to fight growing attraction, girl gets engaged, boy gets jealous and finally admits his feelings, girl admits her feelings, boy and girl dump significant others and finally have sex, boy and girl live happily ever after (or something like it). Anything but on again off again MerDer drama (no offense to the MerDer lovers but the make up break up stuff has made me indifferent to the pairing)

Aeebae

Aeebae

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 5:21 PM

All I can say for sure is I do not wany any character on PrP to get married, then have an affair with the one they are really supposed to be in love with. GA has beat that story into the ground.

So far I like how it's going. Really I hope it is a slow build and when they finally do get together that is it, they stay together and start that family Addison so badly wants. If they want to play games with the other pairings fine, but I think Addison has been jerked around enough by the men in her life.

Destiny30

Destiny30

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 5:44 PM

You're right, they have jerked her around enough. I would be okay with the other pairings swapping and playing musical beds but not Addison/Pete. I wonder which relationship Charlotte is going to play into? She's got to be around for some reason right? I'd prefer to see her involved in the Naomi and Sam drama. They've had the happy marriage (even if the happiness did not last long) and they already have a kid so she can go mess with them, lol.

Edited by Destiny30, Oct 26, 2007 @ 5:44 PM.

Coord38N27W

Coord38N27W

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 5:58 PM

I see Kate and Pete becoming buddies. They acknowledge there is an attraction, they poke fun at each other about it, they share personal stuff, but they both know that they are not at the right time in their lives to be any good for each other.

Addison doesn't need his baggage, and Pete is not ready for the commitment Addie wants. So far Pete was described as a serial monogamist. Which probably means that as soon as things move out of the romance phase, and into the intimacy phase, Pete also moves on.

Addison, learned the hard way what happens if you wait to long to go out and get what you want, and she can't wait for Pete. She's going to start looking for a ready guy.

That doesn't mean that those to aren't hot for each other. They are, but they also know that they aren't going there. In a way they are safe for and from each other. They are developing an unspoken trust and respect. If the horniness, the trust and respect grow into something more or not is the ride.

Aeebae

Aeebae

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 6:00 PM

She's got to be around for some reason right?

I just thought she was supposed to be the foil of OWC. I just really don't see her character getting fully developed or becoming anything more than a pita for OWC.

For me Addison/Naomi/Sam/Cooper/Violet/Pete/Dell are a family and Charlotte is the thorn in their side.

EvilSatanBox

EvilSatanBox

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 6:57 PM

ITA, Coord. Addison and Pete seem to be moving towards being friends. Friends who admit to fatasizing about eachother, but friends none the less. At least that's what I hope. The promo for next week is a little worrysome, but I suspect it's been heavily edited.

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 7:39 PM

Ok, I think I want them to be friends first too (Friends who have sex maybe LOL just kidding!), IMO they need to build up a strong reason to stay together, so as friends they can start developing that feeling that they need each other not only because they are sexually attracted to each other, but because they can´t live without sharing the important things abt their lives; so when they come to realize they can´t stay separated anymore, they are ready to be couple.

ShepherdSquared

ShepherdSquared

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 8:11 PM

They are developing an unspoken trust and respect. If the horniness, the trust and respect grow into something more or not is the ride.

That's pretty much what I meant by the Anti-McFairytale. A story that's all about just getting on and riding, rather than the chase/endgame. Addie has that kind of potential with Pete. In a way that she never did back in Seattle, or even NY it seems.

Destiny30

Destiny30

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 8:24 PM

lol, your post reminded me of their first meeting in the elevator when Addison says, "You know... just get on... riiiiddde..." That's my Paddison, just get on and ride... see where the journey takes you (although I am undeniably hoping it ends up with Gladiator Pete and Brainiac Addison challenging each other to a duel or two or three or four) ;-)

craizydaizy3

craizydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 9:22 PM

All I can say for sure is I do not want any character on PrP to get married, then have an affair with the one they are really supposed to be in love with. GA has beat that story into the ground.

So much word!

Addison and Pete finally had chemistry and I might hop on board (I'm having some serious denial issues...still). I'd like these two to be friends for a while and I'm actually hoping that is what is decided this week. The writers better make this a mature relationship. I don't think I can handle another relationship like the ones on GA.

Smimmy

Smimmy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 10:55 PM

I think my ideal situation for Addison/Pete, would be for their relationship to evolve in a sort of Monica/Chandler-esque fashion (Friends). In a nutshell, they start out as friends, gradually build on their friendship over time, and eventually get together, fall in love.... the whole deal.

I can actually see a bit of Monica/Chandler in Addison/Pete already with all the the light-hearted teasing and mocking going on. And I think it would be fun to have the idea of Addison and Pete floating around in the background, reminding us of what could potentially happen. I don't mean to go too much into Friends talk here, but, Chandler was always there to offer Monica a hug after a break-up, he always told her how amazing she was and that any guy would be lucky to have her, he joked about them getting together and having kids... and Monica was always there for him when he needed someone to be his rock.

I think something similar could be awesome for Addison and Pete. They're friends. They offer advice, support, reassurance, company, and underneath it all, there's still that innocent (or maybe not so innocent) flirting that, given the opportunity, could turn into something wonderful.

In my eyes, these two definitely have chemistry right now, but I want to see them build on that chemistry before anything happens between them.

Coord38N27W

Coord38N27W

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2007 @ 8:24 AM

Done right, this is the relationship that has more potential of being beautiful and grown up, even if they never end up together, and don't go there, they can help each other find their way.

They share mutual attraction, but, thank you Shonda, they aren't each other's sickness. They known that they are hot for each other, but they are grownups, so they know that is all it is. Thank good this is not twu wuv, instant soul mates crap. That happens when you are 14, or have the emotional maturity of 14 year old, like Romeo and Juliet, and we know how disastrously that ended.

In the last scene, when Pete confesses that he to had fantasies about Addison, they established a complicity. They acknowledge each other's existence, the fact that they noticed each other, but didn't jump each other like animals in heat.

Also, Addison has the opportunity to give back all the teasing Pete had been doing. They are even. Let a new round begin.

Edited by Coord38N27W, Oct 27, 2007 @ 8:25 AM.

Destiny30

Destiny30

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 27, 2007 @ 8:43 AM

I also like that they are able to admit things like that to each other without things getting too awkward and that they didn't automatically jump. They are learning to respect each other and realizing that the perceptions they had of one another may have been wrong. I'd like to see them turning to each other more and more before anything romantic develops. I'd still like to see the bickering too because that never gets boring.

Edited by Destiny30, Oct 27, 2007 @ 8:43 AM.

HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2007 @ 9:04 AM

I would take the footage of Addison fantasizing about Pete and mix in a Harlan/Kendall fantasy.

Talking about Eyes, I just read a post on the ABC board that said in that episode, Harlan (Tim Daly) refers to going home to see his wife (Kate Walsh) so they can "fight like gladiators". And we know what that translated to LOL.

Edited by HelterSkelter, Oct 27, 2007 @ 9:07 AM.

Destiny30

Destiny30

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 27, 2007 @ 9:25 AM

Ha ha ha, thats hilarious! Shonda should combine some of the Harlan/Kendall hotness into the Pete and Addison storyline. We all know that Tim and Kate can pull off the kind of steam that would melt the television screens and jam radio signals world wide. I wonder what Kate thinks about the storyline of Addison and Pete. I bet they had a lot of fun filming the elevator scene. I still laugh out loud when I think of it.

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 30, 2007 @ 1:03 AM

Will Addie & Pete take their "relationship" to the next level? I got no idea how this is gonna turn out to be. Cause Addie is gonna start dating the GG guy, so Im confused. Will Pete screw things up? Noo please no!

craizydaizy3

craizydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2007 @ 1:23 AM

Will Pete screw things up?

Already?! Maybe he is like Mark and Derek...

The episode on 10/31 should very interesting for these two.

Edited by craizydaizy3, Oct 30, 2007 @ 1:23 AM.

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 10:49 PM

Oh my God! The Paddie kiss on tonight´s epi was so hot. That kiss has made me so happy LOl.
I know Pete is gonna fall for Addie faster than he thinks; he is falling already eventhough he is trying to hide it.

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 10:51 PM

Ok, Im in I was reluctant to be totally sold on another Addison ship. Damn that kiss was hot and so sweet. Addison totally has the upper hand and Pete is totally sucked in.