Kate & Pat: TAR 12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

162 replies to this topic

Good Queen Jane

Good Queen Jane

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2008 @ 3:27 PM

Carissa Gaghan in her recap of Episode 8 on the Tarflies website:

I'm going to miss the Goths. I can just see them having fun putting their Goth makeup on Kate and Pat in Sequester, though.

Kate and Pat, you have to make that happen. Then send us pictures.

LadyEight

LadyEight

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2008 @ 3:42 PM

She does look really good in that photo. Totally different.

This team wasn't for me, though. I just felt they were there for the look-at-us factor -- we're different and gay and ministers so it's shocking to a lot of people. Kinda like the goths, but without makeup.

They weren't a strong team, and I don't think they could run this race well at all because parts of it were so physical. I also don't happen to agree with most of their ideology, so I was glad to see them eliminated.

But there are very few people in the world that deserve to stay sequestered with Ari that long. I didn't feel these two were in that category. Ron, maybe. And Jen and Nate, maybe. Eric of Eric and Danielle, for sure. Myrna for sure. But not them.

Lady V

Lady V

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2008 @ 1:37 AM

It looks as if the racers are reading Nick's facebook blog. Kate just commented there. It would be cool to hear a racer's discuss specifics of the race on his blog, so I hope others chime in too.

Kate Lewis (Los Angeles, CA) wrote
at 10:32pm
I agree, our "hello, we're gay clergy" introduction was a bit weird. We truly NEVER do that in real life! Thanks for cutting us some slack on that. As for the "vibe"... who knows what that was.

Here's a funny thing...at one point in the airport (or the hotel, I don't remember) I said to Pat that I felt sorry for you and Christina because you were stuck with older relatives and didn't get much of a chance to hang with the other teams of young people...I actually wondered if you guys were lonely. Pat quickly told me to cut it out and stop worrying about the other teams. Geez, was she right...you two end up in the final three and I was worried about you! Guess I'm really not cut out for this!

Yeah, and how gooney was all the cloak and dagger business at the hotel?

Rebecah Sharp

Rebecah Sharp

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 3, 2008 @ 2:07 AM

This is a little weird. I was reading postsecret (for those who don't know, postsecret.blogspot.com) and I saw a secret that used a picture of clergy that looked like Kate and Pat (pretty blurry, so I could be wrong)

http://bp3.blogger.c...1600-h/amen.jpg

The secret's not mine, nor anyone I know, but I think it's kind of sweet, and also neat that it might be them in the pic.

Gibbie

Gibbie

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 3, 2008 @ 7:35 PM

I believe those are both men in that photo.

Masem

Masem

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 8:40 AM

Pat & Kate are now legally married as of July 9, 2008. (the marriage in the show was church- but not state-recognized, according to that article, but now with CA's same-sex marriage laws, they're able to complete it).

Balthier

Balthier

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 12:45 PM

Well, congratulations to both of them! They were one of my favorites in TAR12, even if they did go out early. Nice to see their marriage has officially been recognized.

theschnauzers

theschnauzers

Stalker

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 4:58 PM

Let me add my congratulations as well! I thought of them when I heard about the California Supreme Court decision a few weeks back.

henleyrufus

henleyrufus

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 9:36 AM

Congratulations Kate and Pat! I hope you have many many happy years!

Penelo

Penelo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 11:55 AM

Good for you, Kate & Pat! Congratulations on your (legal, official) union!

keram

keram

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2008 @ 10:10 PM

I have it on good authority that Kat and Pat were forced to resign from their church.

My sister-in-law knows someone who was a member of their church. Unfortunately, Thousand Oaks is not what you would call "enlightened", and up to 20 members of the church left because, horror or horrors, they showed professed their love for each other on The Amazing Race.

Again, this is second hand information, but I would consider it pretty reliable.

Basch

Basch

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2008 @ 10:16 PM

If this is true, then that just sucks for both of them. I really liked Kate & Pat and was sad to see them eliminated so early from TAR12 over a year ago. And now, to hear such bad news about them makes me even sadder.

Good luck to them. I hope they can land on their feet after this.

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2008 @ 12:58 AM

God, Buddha, Allah, Vishnu, whoever: I know you don't normally care about reality TV, but get off your ass and fix this.

[I am so going to hell.]