Actor: Cobie Smulders

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

42 replies to this topic

appledown

appledown

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2007 @ 10:01 AM

I think Cobie has become my favorite actor on this show and while I liked her a lot from the start, the whole Robin Sparkles persona sealed the deal.

I was watching the commentary this morning (again) for Slap Bet and I love when Craig says (paraphrasing) "Turns out Cobie's inner Debbie Gibson is only half a scotch away!" Cracks me up.

zekeburger

zekeburger

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2007 @ 9:25 PM

I've never really noticed any women before who wore knee high boots before (due to not having as much leg to look at), but I've noticed Cobie wearing them and she wears them well.

While NPH is my favorite actor, Cobie is my favorite actress and that is saying something considering that I loved watching AH on BtvS.

WendyCR72

WendyCR72

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:00 PM

Cobie cracks me up as Robin Sparkles. Lame, cheesy goodness! Though the "regular" Robin Scherbatsky has become pretty damned interesting, too...especially in relation to the whole Ted/Barney saga.

vivaldi

vivaldi

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 26, 2008 @ 1:13 AM

Cobie has amazing comic timing. She seriously can crack me up with the littlest line of dialogue.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

• Interests:T.V., Movies, Books, Gaming, and animals.

Posted Nov 26, 2008 @ 12:27 PM

Cobie is expecting! How are they going to work around that?!

Senator X

Senator X

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2008 @ 3:03 PM

That'll be interesting. Robin hates kids. Although maybe the episode with the baby sock was setting something up.

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2008 @ 3:09 PM

Congratulations to Cobie! What are the odds of two actresses on the same show getting pregnant at the same time?

vivaldi

vivaldi

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 26, 2008 @ 3:34 PM

Congratulations to Cobie!

There must be something strong in the water over at HIMYM!

SilverPoet

SilverPoet

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 28, 2008 @ 1:43 AM

Big congrats to Cobie! I can't wait to see how the writers play hide the bump with TWO ladies!

vivaldi

vivaldi

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 28, 2008 @ 3:22 AM

The hide the bump game should be interesting for sure. LOL

I just watched an old Smallville episode and realized that Cobie was in it. Quite random!

Moonlighter

Moonlighter

Stalker

Posted Nov 29, 2008 @ 12:56 AM

Speaking of things Cobie's been in, I saw on her IMDb that she was in an episode of Tru Calling. Anyone remember her from that? I really liked that show, but I can't recall her appearance, so I was wondering if anyone could help jog my memory.

vivaldi

vivaldi

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 29, 2008 @ 1:44 AM

I remember her episode of True Calling. She was really good in it even though I didn't know who she was at the time it aired.

You actually watch her scenes on youtube.

Moonlighter

Moonlighter

Stalker

Posted Nov 30, 2008 @ 10:03 PM

Thanks, vivaldi, for the head's up!

vivaldi

vivaldi

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 16, 2008 @ 1:49 AM

Cobie Smulders - Actress Of The Day

vivaldi

vivaldi

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 5:32 AM

Very cute picture of Cobie with the little girl who played Little Robin.
http://www.imdb.com/...98496/nm3013806

justreading

justreading

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2009 @ 6:41 PM

She got engaged!

jkalderash

jkalderash

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2009 @ 11:29 AM

I hadn't realized her fiance Taran Killam played Blauman on the show. Also, Jimmy the Overly Touchy Orderly on Scrubs. Hee.

sillytwoshoes

sillytwoshoes

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 1:56 PM

Huh. I took a look at Taran's IMDb page, then at Cobie's. It seems that they were born only two days apart.

MboyHobbs

MboyHobbs

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 2:15 PM

Wouldn't it be a cute coincidence if the baby was born in the middle?

sillytwoshoes

sillytwoshoes

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 5:46 PM

That would be adorable. I just "aw"d out loud. AOLed?

Januari

Januari

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2009 @ 4:48 PM

Cobie Smulders is number one on TV Squad's Top 10 Canadians that shine on US tv!

vivaldi

vivaldi

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2009 @ 2:29 PM

Robin Sparkles Vs. Phoebe Buffay

pipkin

pipkin

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 1:40 PM

Anyone else squeeing over Cobie's baby bump under her silk pj's in the last scene with Ted? It's not big yet, but those pajamas really highlighted it - they must not have realized they'd need to start covering it up yet!

nowisthetime

nowisthetime

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 9:00 PM

I thought so too, but I talked to my sister today, and when I said, "Yeah, I could really see that Robin* is pregnant in the scene where she was wearing pajamas," she said, "Woah, Robin's pregnant?! I did not know that at all! I knew Lily was, but..." So maybe I just noticed it because I know.

*My sister, sadly, is not as devoted to HIMYM as I am, and does not know any of the names of the actors (save NPH. Because it's NPH). She's kind of weirded out that I call her to discuss episodes at all.

SwtSassyMolassy

SwtSassyMolassy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 10:46 PM

I totally noticed in the pajama scene at the end that Cobie's face look fuller... I mean, she's still skinny as hell (*cough*bitemeHowardSternandImsureNPHwouldagree*cough*)*, but for HER, her face looked fuller... it took me people mentioning it to notice that you could see her baby bump in the pajamas, but now that it's been mentioned, you're right... you totally can... I think they didn't worry about it because you could easily explain that away by saying the PJs were billowy and just gave the illuson of a baby bump...

*long story, but in a nutshell, Howard Stern told NPH in an interview last year that Cobie looks fat (before she was pregnant, this was in the 3rd season) and that it made him stop watching the show... NPH's head nearly exploded and he disagreed with Howard vehemently and kept reiterating how hot Cobie is... even after the interview was over and he was interviewed in the hallway about how the interview went, he kept saying that while the interview went well, he just couldn't understand WTF Howard was saying about Cobie because she's so hot... I have to say I loved how defensive he was on her behalf... everyone say "awwwwwww"...

Edited by SwtSassyMolassy, Mar 18, 2009 @ 8:29 AM.

Shattered

Shattered

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 10:52 PM

(*cough*bitemeHowardSternandImsureNPHwouldagree*cough*)

Hee, I'm actually listening to this interview right now. Again.

even after the interview was over and he was interviewed in the hallway about how the interview went, he kept saying that while the interview went well, he just couldn't understand WTF Howard was saying about Cobie because she's so hot...

This, however, I haven't seen/read. Really? Wow, his level of defensiveness is epic and interesting. Aw, I love our cast.

Even pregnant, Cobie looks better than 99% of women. She is absolutely gorgeous, and I loved the adorable pajamas they had her in at the end.

SwtSassyMolassy

SwtSassyMolassy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 10:56 PM

even after the interview was over and he was interviewed in the hallway about how the interview went, he kept saying that while the interview went well, he just couldn't understand WTF Howard was saying about Cobie because she's so hot...

This, however, I haven't seen/read. Really? Wow, his level of defensiveness is epic and interesting. Aw, I love our cast.

Are you listening to the interview (i.e. audio) or did you see the taped video version of the interview? Cuz in the video version, it starts and ends with NPH being interviewed about how he feels going in (he's nervous and he's going to drink some Red Bull to stay alert) and how he feels going out (he was scared that Howard would be really hard on him, but it went okay, but WTF was his thing with Cobie being fat? She's HOT and skinny!!!)... that's pretty much how that went... I was able to view it on Youtube one night when someone put it up, but it was down by the next day... I was in the right place at the right time...

Shattered

Shattered

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 11:04 PM

I could only find the audio version. Guess I'm off to hunt me down some video.

SwtSassyMolassy

SwtSassyMolassy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 11:14 PM

Good luck with that... I found it from a poster named "fridduska" on Youtube... she/he still has video of NPH on Celebrity Poker and Celebrity Pyramid, but she took down the Howard Stern interview after one night... I imagine Youtube told her to or something...

Tom L

Tom L

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2009 @ 3:22 PM

Cobie was listed as...

Foreign Actors with Great American Accents