Keeping Up with the Kardashians

• Please log in to reply

13562 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 13, 2013 @ 8:03 PM

No nicknames, please. Their first names are short so they're not exactly a burden to type. Given that most of them start with Ks, they're confusing enough without nicknames. Thanks.

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 2:37 PM

When I see this:

Yeah, I saw that picture of [Kris] holding the baby, I immediately thought, this is probably the complexion and hair texture she wishes baby North would have, idiots.

I think Kim loves the idea of having a trophy mixed baby

All I can think of is this bit of awesomeness.

windsome

windsome

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 3:37 PM

LOL, what is this?

Well I for one am hoping that will happen and I have stated before that I do not consider either of these characteristics to be bad FOR ME. I am a black woman with every intention in marrying and having children with a black man and that is my preference. But for Kim who is having her trophy mulatto baby I hope her baby is anything but what she wishes it to be to teach her vain ass a lesson. Her friend Larsa Pippen (who is of middle eastern descent) has a child with Scottie Pippen and the fact that Larsa came off like she was reassuring Kim that her and Kanye's child will resemble her daughter did not sit right with me. These people love the idea of having exotic children and it's pathetic.

Here, here, this is how I see it as well.

As well as my previous post, these people in no way want that baby to have  Kanye's dark brown skin color, nor do they want hair that shrivels up dry when it gets wet. She has a certain complexion and hair texture in mind and lines that she doesn't want either to cross as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by windsome, Jul 19, 2013 @ 3:43 PM.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 3:51 PM

Kim is all about looks and appearances, and if she goes to the lengths of making sure her child's stroller fabric is complimentary to it's skin color, why would it be out of character for her to have concern over whether or not  that same skin tone or color will be complimentary to her? IMO her discussion with Larsa,  along with her photo op trip to the Children's Museum toting Larsa's daughter in her arms was a test run to see just how she would look in paparazzi shots when out and about with her child, a child who I believe she expects to resemble Halle Berry, not Oprah. She had a mental picture of what she and Kanye and Baby would look like. How will she deal with reality if it doesn't measure up?

windsome

windsome

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 3:59 PM

I believe she expects to resemble Halle Berry, not Oprah. She had a mental picture of what she and Kanye and Baby would look like. How will she deal with reality if it doesn't measure up?

Exactly, and my point is while I think the picture of Oprah is adorable, I don't believe Kim would agree and it's because her idea of attractiveness is based on how European one's features look. So she won't mind the baby having a little tan like Halle Berry's complexion, but no way in hell does she want that baby to have Kanye' s lips nor his broad nose. Well, I wouldn't want Kanye's mouth so, I can't fault her there. I posted a while ago that his mouth always looks like it's full of something. I don't know what but....I don't find it attractive.

At any rate, bottom line IMO, she does not want hair where she may have to hire someone to comb out the kinks. Oh the trial and tribulation that would be for her.

Edited by windsome, Jul 19, 2013 @ 4:11 PM.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 4:10 PM

I meant no disrespect to Oprah, she was adorable.. I was just giving examples of the "variations of skin tones" Kim mentioned to Scott.

She wants Larsa's daughter or Halle or Halle's daughter. That's the picture in her mind.

At any rate, bottom line IMO, she does not want hair where she may have to hire someone to comb out the kinks.

This. It reminded me of the scene in "the Color Purple" with Ceily trying to comb the sadly neglected hair of Mister's young daughter!

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 6:01 PM

Back to the show! Re-watching the episode where Leah is afraid she'll make it big.  I thought that was so funny.  Their music isn't bad, but doesn't sound like something that's going to be selling out stadiums.  With all the music connections if they were that good they would have made it by now.

Poor tubby Rob. He's given up and is now wearing sweatpants in almost every scene. The elastic waist of shame.  As I've found out when your overweight black isn't necessarily slimming. It just makes you look like a big blob.

I watch this show as a sitcom more than reality. The background music, every problem wrapped up in 30 minutes, everyone smirking through their scenes. 

Kim is probably hanging out waiting to get her figure back.  When I had my daughter I would have loved to hang around a posh mansion being waited on and working with a trainer.  Oh well, nice work if you can get it!  I'm not going to assume anything she feels about her baby. I'm going to be optimistic and hope the baby has a happy life.  Not to defend matching a stroller to your baby, but I thought she said she was waiting to see the baby before buying..and then Scott cut her off. I assume she meant blankets,etc. Not much better.

Edited by beaglelove, Jul 19, 2013 @ 6:02 PM.

TuneOut

TuneOut

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 6:29 PM

Based on what we've seen, I have no reason to think that Kim has any problem with a baby with dark skin.  I take her wanting to match the stroller to the skin color of the baby as just her being shallow.  I think she would've done the same ridiculous thing no matter the color of the man she procreated with.  We saw how giddy she got when she was trotting around the baby store with the little dress by her ankles.  The fact that that's the only time we've ever seen her show any emotion about the baby just says to me that she really does think about the baby as just an accessory.  One that she wants to buy matching strollers, clothes, etc. for.

quof

quof

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 6:48 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2...ramedics-photo/

Ooops, he did it again.

Jx223

Jx223

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 7:02 PM

Brody was also really close to Kim and the one that pre-show and during the early seasons of the show starting was with them a lot. They'd be paparazzied together a lot, especially during Kim's Reggie era

Kim and Brody may have hung out for the party scene years ago, but somehow i doubt they're close. Kim is her mothers daughter and if there is friction with Brody and Kris, we know whose side Kim is on. Back to her hanging out days.. Kim made sure she was seen with "the pretty people" being with Brody brought attention from the paps plus Brody had connections thru his stepdad and he had his reality show.  He has already said he hasn't met Kanye, yet supposedly Kanye has know the whole family for years. In Kardashian land I think "close" doesn't mean too much other than "in proximity to".

I think that Kim seems to genuinely like Brody and also Brandon (and Leah). Her interaction/smile when she was talking with Brody about her father pregnancy/seemed genuine. Plus I think that she was the only Kardashian step-sibling that showed up for Brandon and Leah's gig, after they released their album. I've also seen pictures of her hanging out with Brandon and Leah. I think that she seems to genuinely like Brody and Brandon. I'm not sure how close she was to them, after Kris married Bruce, but she does seem to really like both of them and vice-versa. I think that she may have been photographed hanging out with Brody during her time with Reggie, because she likes Brody, liked to hang out with another young good-looking popular person and because I believe that Reggie is much nicer than Kanye was.

Reggie seemed pretty much quiet whenever he appeared on KUWTK, and didn't seem to want to be on the show a lot, but I believe that he is much nicer than Kanye is. It was probably much easier for Brody to hang out with Reggie than it is for him to hang out with Kanye. Even though it's been stated that Kanye's known the family for years, Bruce has said that he's barely met Kanye. I wonder if it's less of a case of Kanye being a friend of the family and just more of a "he's been friends with Kim for years and the family's known that" kind of thing. I don't really think that Kanye has spent much time with the family over the years, I think that most of them barely know him.

And with his "crazy" public outbursts I think he will have a hard time getting custody of that baby - he really seems to be displaying some very abnormal behavior. 

I'm concerned at what might happen if he ever steps out with baby North in public, and the paparrazi say something to him or try and approach him. Things might get really hectic and dangerous, someone might end up really getting hurt. Granted I don't think that the paparrazi should bother babies/children, but I could see an ugly situation arising if Kanye ever steps out with North in public and if the paps even mention her/try to talk to him about her/take pictures. Eventually Kim and/or him will have to step out with the baby, Kim and the baby can't stay cooped up forever and the paps will be around at least some of the times that they do step out together. Things could get ugly. Maybe they might have bodyguards/nannies to help prevent bad situations.

Edited by Jx223, Jul 19, 2013 @ 7:10 PM.

sunsheyen

sunsheyen

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 7:22 PM

[snip] If those color tropes are myth, it seems odd to state that people actually believe them. I also think that centuries of external and internal demonization of darker tones now makes those affected "stupid or weak", just because the source of such can be intellectualized.

I agree that the public at large has no idea of Kim's specific views on dark skin, but based on her almost singular focus on external beauty and societal acceptance of hers for income, notoriety, vanity, etc, i don't find it too much of a stretch to think she would be extremely concerned with her child's appearance, and fitting a Western "exotic" standard of beauty. This is a woman who wants. to. coordinate. her. child. to. a. stroller. I can't attribute any higher, post racial thought to her.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:54 PM.
Quoted post was deleted

Jx223

Jx223

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 7:40 PM

Ooops, he did it again.

I'm not sure how true this is, but now TMZ is reporting that Kanye is now a suspect for felony robbery for the attack on the cameraman. ( They report that law enforcement believes that Kanye tried to steal the cameraman's camera.) They are also reporting that the cameraman has injuries and wants to press charges against Kanye.

http://www.tmz.com/2...parazzi-attack/

Edited by Jx223, Jul 19, 2013 @ 7:43 PM.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

Kim attending Brandon/Leah's premiere meant nothing, it was something to do, as part of the story line, on camera and her social life was somewhat curtailed due to pregnancy. She didn't get an invite to his wedding. That says much more.

As far as her being all smiles when Brody is around.. she was smilng real nice at Kris H at her wedding and in all those carefully posed honeymoon pics. Right up til she filed for divorce she was smiling on his arm. I don't take that as a barometor of her true feelings. Actually  she's giving a big ole smile in almost every pic taken of her..until she took up with Kanye.

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 9:34 PM

Ooops, he did it again.

Kanye's a jerk, but so was the pap. Dude said don't talk to him, here's a crazy idea, don't talk to him. Don't take pictures, let him sink into obscurity just like he claims to want. So much drama with him "falling to the floor," and having paramedics "rush to assist." For falling fucking down? GTFOH. He could have taken his photos without antagonizing KW purposely. No sympathy.

Frankly, I have very little sympathy for most of them. You don't want people rushing you, stop getting right in front of them flashing bulbs. There's public figure and then there's paparazzi prey, and they cross the line constantly.

LOL, what is this?

The incomparable Edina Monsoon of Absolutely Fabulous.

luvbadTV

luvbadTV

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 10:29 PM

I wonder if the baby has a cleft palette (or something similar) that needs to be operated on before being photographed.

DangerousMinds

DangerousMinds

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

I hope Kanye gets arrested for his recent violence against the photographer. Sure, he was annoyed by the pap but he could've just walked on without talking to anyone and gotten into his car. I really detest this thug.

Rosiemom112629

Rosiemom112629

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 10:57 PM

As far as her being all smiles when Brody is around.. she was smilng real nice at Kris H at her wedding and in all those carefully posed honeymoon pics. Right up til she filed for divorce she was smiling on his arm. I don't take that as a barometor of her true feelings. Actually  she's giving a big ole smile in almost every pic taken of her..until she took up with Kanye.

Kim's default expression in pictures seems to vary between big ole smile, over-botoxed serious face, and trying-to-be-sexy blowjob face.

k2p2

k2p2

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 19, 2013 @ 11:27 PM

I wonder if the baby has a cleft palette (or something similar) that needs to be operated on before being photographed.

It's always in the back of my mind that perhaps the baby is not perfect in a visible way. That would certainly throw the extremely vain mother and grandmother for a loop. How do you market that?

But in the front of my mind, I'm betting on the obstacle being Kanye. If Kim was looking for a pliable, Kris H type, who would donate his sperm and move along, she picked the wrong dude.

Darth Kittious

Darth Kittious

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 12:10 AM

Kanye is such an ass.  

Newsflash idiot...you aren't really God.  People can talk to you if they want to just like strangers can talk to me.  If I don't like it, that's on me.  I don't have to engage.  The paps are beyond ridiculous in a lot of instances but I have seen far, far worse than how they treat Kanye, especially when it comes to celebs with their children. You pretty much signed up for this so why don't YOU do the world a huge favor and "never talk". Just do your music and STFU.

There is NO justification for putting your hands on someone when they are just taking your photo and/or talking to you.  None.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 7:47 AM

There is NO justification for putting your hands on someone when they are just taking your photo and/or talking to you.  None.

Nope, and that's where the person who loses their cool gets in trouble, and rightly so; it's assault & battery. 

ETA; Just read the 2nd article about it going to the Robbery Homicide Unit instead. bwahahaha. love it. 

What a jackass, indeed. Maybe 'ye shouldn't have dipped in the K-pond if he didn't want all the media attention. Just sayin'. 

Edited by diorella78, Jul 20, 2013 @ 7:53 AM.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 9:51 AM

He loves the attention. Just so he can play up his assholiness and maintain his rep, whatever he thinks it is. He looks so out of place in the Jenner/Kardashian clan. They and their significant others are all good looking, well dressed and smiling, he's ugly,looks like a thug even when dressed up and always has a pissy look on his face. Can you imagine Kris's panic if she had to add him to the annual Xmas card?

He has his name hooked up on a clothing line now. A plain white T shirt? $120. I thought he was above crass marketing? What a sellout and a famewhore to boot. Water seeks its own level and he has sunk to his with the K clan. 

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 10:38 AM

I thought the family was trying to spin how devoted Kanye was and was glued to Kim and baby's side, yet he's coming/going at LAX?

citychic

citychic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 10:39 AM

I thought the exact same thing.

Even if this is not the case, and the word is that maybe the Kardashians don't want to go against Kanye's wishes to have the baby be seen in public, North is still half Kim's baby too.

After watching this show for years I can't see where Kourtney or Khloe would submit to Kanye for this long or go along with family wishes for  no pics or tweets without a real life reason for their silence.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:20 AM

I've heard the rule of thumb is 10 weeks or 10 pounds before surgery for things that do not immediately impact quality of life, so keep an eye on the weights/dates.

However, I think Kayne may actually be a real threat to them.  He isn't polite Kris Humphries or happy go lucky Reggie.  I think Kanye would actually spill all of their secrets.  Its not hard to picture him ranting on stage about Khloe's real dad, Bruce Jenner's mistress, the sham of the wedding, the two youngest daughters adderall abuse.  It wouldn't hurt Kanye's reputation, he wouldn't be seen as sour, just Kanye being Kanye. It would definitely hurt the Kardashian brand.

Kanye's clothing line, while super pretentious, doesn't seem like a sell out for him. He interned with a fashion house and legitimately learned the business.  Its not the same as slapping your face on stuff at Sears next to the tires.

Edited by mk26, Jul 20, 2013 @ 6:32 PM.

aquariumblue

aquariumblue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 12:02 PM

Bad timing or should I say good karma. At this point, this kid is old news. The media is focused on the impending birth of the royal baby.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 3:20 PM

Just like Kim and company, there is no way I will believe Kanye has any real knowledge of fashion or design. he is slapping his name on other people's creations . He wears leather pants that have the crotch at the knees for Cripe's sake... Justin Bieber is one of the few i've seen following that trend and he looks like a fool.

I can't even fathom how JayZ and Beyonce even associate with him. They at least try to have some class, he's freaking out in an airport and then letting mamapimp make excuses that he was "tired", I mean is that a way for Jesus to  act? Does Kanye even see any of his pics in those freak outs? Dude, the hoodie and the unlaced sneakers? Please retire that look.

Keeping North hidden away is a mutual decision. I'm sure there's a reason for it, and it will all be revealed when the money is right.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jul 20, 2013 @ 11:56 PM.
Use words instead of symbols, please

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 3:51 PM

Exactly, and my point is while I think the picture of Oprah is adorable, I don't believe Kim would agree and it's because her idea of attractiveness is based on how European one's features look. So she won't mind the baby having a little tan like Halle Berry's complexion, but no way in hell does she want that baby to have Kanye' s lips nor his broad nose. Well, I wouldn't want Kanye's mouth so, I can't fault her there. I posted a while ago that his mouth always looks like it's full of something. I don't know what but....I don't find it attractive.

Kanye's lips would look way better than Kim's gross over-filled-to-bursting...I don't know what to call them, duck-lips dosen't even cover it.

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 4:27 PM

A new article on TMZ says that the photog Kanye just "assaulted" and "robbed", is the same photog that Britney Spears went crazy on with an umbrella.

I don't like Kanye but it certainly seems like this particular photog might of had it coming.

aimistrue

aimistrue

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 5:03 PM

Frankly, I wouldn't doubt that Kim (and Kanye for that matter) have a preferred/presumed appearance for their child; but I also think that projecting this presumed "preference" on to the universally demonized Kim K. frees the public at large to speculate about this baby's racial phenotype in a way they would probably otherwise be uncomfortable doing, and of course allows the open expression of the public's own beauty standards for "black"/biracial children, especially females, while allowing people to maintain the pretense that they don't share her presumed prejudices ("You know KIM doesn't want this baby to be too dark/you know KIM doesn't want this baby to have kinky hair/of course, I think that it would be great if little North had black features, but you know KIM . . .")

As usual, the Kardashians have found a way to exploit public sentiment (explicit and implicit) in a manner that keeps them in the spotlight long past their rightful expiry date. I guess I have to give them credit for something . . .

k2p2

k2p2

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 5:31 PM

Darn it, mk26:

However, I think Kayne may actually be a real threat to them.  He isn't polite Kris Humphries or happy go lucky Reggie.  I think Kanye would actually spill all of their secrets.  <snip>  It wouldn't hurt Kanye's reputation, he wouldn't be seen as sour, just Kanye being Kamye. It would definitely hurt the Kardashian brand.

Now you are making me root for Kanye. I never saw that coming. This scenario would be the best.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 8:39 PM

And Britney had an excuse for her behavior, she was off the deep end. Actually I think the paps were the first to notice her unbalanced behavior, behavior that really cried for help. I remember at the height of her breakdown, one pap came across her sobbing on the street near her house and put down his camera to sit with her. Sure the other paps were taking pics but I think they all knew she was on the rails.

Kanye has no excuse, he is just an asshole. He's thirty something, just ignore it. Even if they are trying to get under his skin, so fucking what.. he reacts and gives them what they want, every time. Stop reacting like a jerk, just walk past with his mouth shut. when they dont get a freak out they'll stop wasting their time. I got no sympathy, he acts a fool, he gets treated like one. You think he would have learned after smacking his head.