Keeping Up with the Kardashians

• Please log in to reply

13569 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 13, 2013 @ 8:03 PM

No nicknames, please. Their first names are short so they're not exactly a burden to type. Given that most of them start with Ks, they're confusing enough without nicknames. Thanks.

Maysie

Maysie

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 12:07 AM

BIG BABY BUCKS: Considering the Kardashian clan’s skill at self-promotion, it probably will come as no surprise that most of the glossy celebrity magazines are quietly engaged in a vigorous bidding war to publish the first “exclusive” photos of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s baby, expected to be born sometime next month. While the couple is likely to donate a portion of the proceeds to charity, a good Kardashian source said Wednesday, “These photos [of the newborn] could break all records for the most spent for that kind of thing. … We’re talking mid-to-high six figures here.”

So, this was at the end of the Sun Times article I was reading about Angelina Jolie's recent news. As the snippet says, "it's no surprise . . ."

Ironically, I was reading a story about how Angelina Jolie went to great lengths to wear disguises and keep her identity as secret as possible during her surgery, going as far as having confidentiality agreements signed. And of course, she broke the news in the way she felt would work best and, at least in my opinion, has handled the whole thing very adeptly. I figure the Kardashians would have turned it into an entire season of television. And it wouldn't have been for educational purposes, but for ratings and money. Maybe it's not fair to compare the two, but I couldn't help but think about it when I was reading the story - and then there was the bit about selling the baby pictures. I'm just wondering how on earth this baby's pictures could break records for money. Surely the Cruise pictures or the Pitt-Jolie baby pictures had to be worth more than a Kanye/Kardashian baby.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 8:52 AM

I have suspicion Kim doesn't really care about "keeping" Kanye. I think he's served his purpose, knocking her up and giving her two or three years in the gossip headlines.  The inevitable break up will bring her even more exposure.

If and when she marries again I bet it is to someone like Bruce, who sits at home playing with his helicoptors while she runs her empire. She's her mother's daughter. She isn't going to share the spotlight or back away from it.

Danielle87

Danielle87

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 2:14 PM

I have suspicion Kim doesn't really care about "keeping" Kanye. I think he's served his purpose, knocking her up and giving her two or three years in the gossip headlines.  The inevitable break up will bring her even more exposure.

If and when she marries again I bet it is to someone like Bruce, who sits at home playing with his helicoptors while she runs her empire. She's her mother's daughter. She isn't going to share the spotlight or back away from it.

Kim gives a lot of lip service about wanting a family and husband, but truthfully, I really don't think she wants it. Her actions just don't support it. I feel she only wants to be married/have kids for appearances sake, for example, if Khloe and Kourtney were single I don't think Kim would care as much, but for her "image", it looks bad on her to not have what the others have as she's supposed to be the "hot" one.

Only person she'll ever love is herself.

KatieMK

KatieMK

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 2:27 PM

I don't think Kim is that into Kanye. I think she is into: herself, the idea of being Kanye's Beyonce, people thinking she is friends with Beyonce & Jay-Z, Kanye writing songs about her and proclaiming she's the perfect bitch thus stroking her all-important ego, being Kanye's inspiration, people being impressed (smirk) she is dating Kanye & vice versa, nabbing someone as "important" as Kanye, getting press from being with Kanye, people taking her more seriously now that she is dating Kanye, people fawning over her and Kanye as a perfect couple (it happens on Twitter. headdesk), outdoing her sisters' choices in partners by landing a big & important celeb (Khloe got a Lakers "star", pshhh Kim, who is obviously the 'hot' one and the bigger star has to outdo Shrek!"

Of course, in my opinion, more than half of these are NOT true, but in Kim and Kris Jenner's world.....a whole other story.

Edited by KatieMK, May 16, 2013 @ 2:28 PM.

DangerousMinds

DangerousMinds

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 2:54 PM

I find it hilarious that Kim thinks being called a "bitch" is a positive thing. Surely her family was appalled? As they should be, in my opinion.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 4:33 PM

Kanye went off on a rant again last night. I think that bump on the head affected him. He says he's not a celebrity and the paps are just keeping him froim doing what he does which is making great music(in his mind any way). I wnat to tell him if Paris is so great... give up your American pass port and stay the fuck over there.

He's yelling at the wrong people.  As long as he is hooked up with a famewhore family he's gonna be fodder for the paps. Get it thru that thick dumb skull, your perfect bitch eats the publicity up. SHe and her people make sure the paps know where she is at all times. She doesn''t care that you don't like it.

DangerousMinds

DangerousMinds

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 5:22 PM

I just read about that profanity-filled rant. Way to stay classy Kanye! He manages to get in the word "muthafuckin" at least a dozen times. Unbelievable.

http://www.dlisted.c...t-week#comments

Some highlights from his rant:

“I ain’t no muthafuckin celebrity… There’s one thing about me, I’m a terrible, terrible terrible celebrity. I don’t know if you really know there’s one thing about me but I’m the worst kind of, the worst kind of celebrity. All I do is make real music. All I do is sit in the studio and make real shit. And that’s it. And that’s muthafuckin it. That’s muthafuckin it!

So I don’t want no people runnin’ up on me with cameras, trying to like sell pictures and shit to magazines, asking me dumb ass questions, throwin’ me off my focus and shit. Harrasin’ you all muthafuckin day. I ain’t no muthafuckain celebrity."

I guess he really got involved with the wrong famewhoring family here. I don't see Kimmode and Kanye lasting much longer with her absolute love for the paparazzi and his hatred for it.

Edited by DangerousMinds, May 16, 2013 @ 5:23 PM.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 5:57 PM

I think Kim and Kanye are both getting what they want out of this relationship- a baby (maybe two). I do think Kanye, whatever his other faults loved his mom very much (as most of us do) and would like to have more family now that she is gone hence the baby. And I think Kim wants a baby because 1. Women are "supposed" to want one and 2. she doesn't want to look up at 50 and regret not having kids.

Sadly I think this scenario applies to a lot of individuals. I doubt this is some great love affair.

Edited by scarlett45, May 16, 2013 @ 5:58 PM.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 6:57 PM

You forgot Kim doesn't want to lose the publicity a baby and a Kanye baby at that gets her. Plus she one ups Khloe.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 7:30 PM

Can you believe this girl! Why would she continue to wear shoes with any kind of straps or design on top when they make her feet look so grotesque.   I know those shoes have her feet and body in distress. Why don't Kourtney or her mother tell her to wear nothing but flats from know on....what if she stumble and fall.

I have never been pregnant so tell me ladies...has she been eating too much salt which is the reason her feet are like they are?  I know this is not good for her unborn child.

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 17, 2013 @ 3:01 PM.
We don't allow images, so please link to them instead

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

When she was recently on that Ryan Seacrest special with her two sisters she was complaining about her pregnancy aches and pains. No wonder she was bitching about her toes even hurt !

Those are some cankles. oops, I mean 'kankles'

toolegittoquit

toolegittoquit

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 9:43 PM

I'm 41 weeks pregnant, and swollen feet just happen. Those shoes certainly don't help, and I think she looks like a fool, but it's not going to hurt the kid, just Kim.

fostersmom

fostersmom

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 10:33 PM

I don't even know how she got her feet into those shoes. I get the ankle straps, but how did she manage to shove her foot into the other part. And what the hell is going on with that dress? Are those sleeves? A cape? There's just so many things that don't make sense about that outfit. 

Kim gives a lot of lip service about wanting a family and husband, but truthfully, I really don't think she wants it. Her actions just don't support it. I feel she only wants to be married/have kids for appearances sake, for example, if Khloe and Kourtney were single I don't think Kim would care as much, but for her "image", it looks bad on her to not have what the others have as she's supposed to be the "hot" one.

ITA with this. Her image took a dive when she dumped Kris after 72 days and the whole wedding fiasco. Then she started flaunting a relationship with Kanye, who made it seem like she was cheating on Kris before Kim even dumped him, and that made the backlash even worse. I really think she thought if she got pregnant, no one would dare say a word about it. Like she would be untouchable. Her plan obviously backfired. 

andcoletar

andcoletar

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 1:11 AM

I agree. Plus, how many times has one of the K's mentioned in an interview, etc. how long Kim and Kanye have known each other? Or how many times have we seen an old pic of the two of them posted somewhere together? I think they're trying to sort of float the theory that the two of them are perfect for each other and destined to be together and all that nonsens me crap, which is why it just couldn't work out with Kris Humphries. Perfect solution - takes the heat off Kim. She HAD to end the marriage because they weren't "meant to be" like she and Kanye are. Yuck! I hate all of them and have given this way too much thought.

carolinagirl81

carolinagirl81

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 3:25 AM

http://m.tmz.com/#Ar...kanye-west-tour

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be true. Doesn't she realize that babies need a schedule and stability and chasing after your baby daddy while he's on tour isn't smart. Also she could have a hard labor and need time to rest. Yes Kourtney traveles with her children but her children weren't on tour going from one time zone to the other when they were a few months old.

andcoletar

andcoletar

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 3:33 AM

I'm not sure I see Mama K letting that happen

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 5:12 AM

Anybody hear that Kendall has apparently started dating Jaden Smith(which conveniently coincides with the release of his movie with his Dad)? Their were pictures of them in the tabs this week. I know they've known each other a while but the skeptic in me still finds the timing a bit suspicious though I'm sure Kris would just be overjoyed that Kendall bagged a Smith and all the publicity that is likely to come with that. At least for a little while. The girls don't get many storylines on the show and this might be a good one that I could Kris pushing for but I can't see The Smiths agreeing to let their kid appear on it. I wonder what they think about Jaden and Willow's friendships with the girls.

Edited by Turkish, May 17, 2013 @ 5:28 AM.

Jaded Sapphire

Jaded Sapphire

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 5:50 AM

Anybody hear that Kendall has apparently started dating Jaden Smith (which conveniently coincides with the release of his movie with his Dad)?

To be fair the rumors about them dating began some time last year. If it is indeed a publicity stunt, it wasn't timed for his After Earth release.

Edited by Jaded Sapphire, May 17, 2013 @ 7:30 AM.

fostersmom

fostersmom

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 7:04 AM

I saw pictures of Kendall and Jaden on Suri's burn book last fall. Given the Smith family is as fame-whorey as the K/Jenners, I'd say it's a match made in heaven. 

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 12:31 PM

The operative words in that Kanye rank are "MAKE SHIT"... Hit the nail on the head with that one, goofball!

beansNcornbread

beansNcornbread

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 12:55 PM

I don't think Kim is that into Kanye. I think she is into: herself, the idea of being Kanye's Beyonce, people thinking she is friends with Beyonce & Jay-Z, Kanye writing songs about her and proclaiming she's the perfect bitch thus stroking her all-important ego, being Kanye's inspiration, people being impressed (smirk) she is dating Kanye & vice versa, nabbing someone as "important" as Kanye, getting press from being with Kanye, people taking her more seriously now that she is dating Kanye, people fawning over her and Kanye as a perfect couple (it happens on Twitter. headdesk), outdoing her sisters' choices in partners by landing a big & important celeb (Khloe got a Lakers "star", pshhh Kim, who is obviously the 'hot' one and the bigger star has to outdo Shrek!"

I see where you're coming from. In all honesty, I felt that way when they initially got together. Kim seemed to have all the power as Kanye was sweating her something fierce. You could see it in all the photos. Everywhere they went he was holding her hand and treating her like a lady. Opening doors, holding her purse, grinning from ear to ear. Now? Kim can barely get him to walk beside her. I think now that she's pregnant the power has shifted and she can feel it because Kanye is hardly ever around. That sort of pulling away can ruffle even the most secure of us, no matter how we felt in the beginning. Now she's pregnant, hormonal, fat and probably afraid baby daddy is banging other chicks on the side. Now she's being treated like an obligation which will increase her desire to nail him down. It happens all the time.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 2:40 PM

All of Kanye's rants just tell me how much publicity he really wants. If one doesn't want attention, one wouldn't rant on stage or take over someone else's limelight (Taylor Swift) knowing full well what is going to happen media-wise. He chose to date, screw and impregnate one of the biggest famewhores of all time. If that doesn't scream, "Look at me!" I don't know what does.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 2:50 PM

In addition, I think he basically suffers from rage or anger issues.

Dezdemona

Dezdemona

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 3:37 PM

Can you believe this girl! Why would she continue to wear shoes with any kind of straps or design on top when they make her feet look so grotesque.

I guess when a dumb, and vain woman gets pregnant, you get a dumb and vain pregnant woman.

She could be wearing very stylish, very expensive flat sandals and not cause herself needless pain.  I wonder if she's still aiming for sexy with those high heels?  Somebody should tell her it's not working; she merely looks  ridiculous.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 3:48 PM

KIm loves being the center of attention. Having the spotlight trained on her out of all those in a huge audience while her man dedicates a song to her from the stage. She just basks in that shit. Look at her face, she's orgasmic over it, Then she instagrams pics she took of herself being sung too! It's all about her. Don't most wives and GF's of singers hang backstage? Why is she out in the midst of a crowd? For the attention!!

I think she blindsided him with a baby. So far he's managed to avoid knocking anyone up. But Kim K had gotten herself off the pill and just "cleaned out her system" .. strangely  just as she reveals to Khloe that after 10 years of knowing him ..." I think I like Kanye" hehehe 

bing bang boom.. she's preggers.Nothing suspicious about that timing.  She's in it for the publicity and he's in it just as much for the same reason. He can rant and rave and protest all he wants, once he appeared on her show, he sold his soul to the devil AKA mamapimp. I doubt even JayZ takes him  seriously anymore.

Edited by iwasish, May 17, 2013 @ 3:50 PM.

DangerousMinds

DangerousMinds

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 4:11 PM

The operative words in that Kanye rank are "MAKE SHIT"... Hit the nail on the head with that one, goofball!

Absolutely! It seems like Kanye wants to run with a sophisticated crowd, but he continues to use lots of inane profanity and seems fairly inarticulate, and of course, completely egotistical and self-absorbed.

That sort of pulling away can ruffle even the most secure of us, no matter how we felt in the beginning. Now she's pregnant, hormonal, fat and probably afraid baby daddy is banging other chicks on the side. Now she's being treated like an obligation which will increase her desire to nail him down. It happens all the time.

And Kim has admitted to not trusting any of her previous boyfriends completely, having them trailed, hiring PI's, etc.

FaithsMum

FaithsMum

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

I have never been pregnant so tell me ladies...has she been eating too much salt which is the reason her feet are like they are?  I know this is not good for her unborn child.

I was not a Kourtney, who carried pregnancy well. I didn't even go full term (24 weeks) and frankly everywhere was swollen particularly my feet and ankles. However, I was not idiotic or irresponsible enough to totter around in 5 inch heels (and like the K's I do like heels because I'm a midget!) Seeing Kim do this pisses me off, it's so stupid. Everything, often your balance (and your legs can just go from under you if the baby kicks the wrong place) is off when you're pregnant and it is is so irresponsible to be wearing heels that high and that clearly uncomfortable. Years ago, I had a placental abruption & lost a baby at 7 months due to something as "simple" as a fall. The woman's so fucking vain and stupid, I can't even deal with her.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 8:30 PM

DangerousMinds

“I ain’t no muthafuckin celebrity… There’s one thing about me, I’m a terrible, terrible terrible celebrity.

He's ranting at the wrong people....what he need to do is tell his fame whore  baby mama not to tell the paps where they will be every minute of the day or maybe they should try ordering in sometimes.  The paps are mostly there for Kim anyway.  If he was out alone they would take a few pics of him  and move on.  How many pics did we see of him and Jay Z the other day..  I only saw one.

FaithsMum

I was not a Kourtney, who carried pregnancy well. I didn't even go full term (24 weeks) and frankly everywhere was swollen particularly my feet and ankles.  I was not idiotic or irresponsible enough to totter around in 5 inch heels.

I am sorry for your loss FaithsMum.  I'm pretty sure what you see Kim doing to herself makes you shake your head.  

Kim's sister and mother had kids and I know they told her walking around in stiletto heels at this stage of her pregnancy is a bad idea.  I guess the bitch don't care. . 

Someone up post said her fat feet walking around in stilettos is  not hurting her unborn child but Kim's body has got to be under  some sort of stress wearing high heels every day  and if her body is under stress it has to be affecting her unborn child. 

This just goes to show you Kim thinks more about her looks than she does about her unborn child and the sad part about it is she looks terrible.   I loathe her more than I did before.  

njmama

njmama

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

I'm 35 wks pregnant with twins and let me tell ya, I haven't worn heels in MONTHS.  I understand Kim's trying to be some kind of fashion plate for maternity wear or something but those shoes were just wrong and stupid.  She should just be in stretchy materials and flip flops.  Why she would deliberately do that to herself is just assinine.  My feet and ankles are so swollen, not so bad in the morning but it does get progressively worse throughout the day which is probably what happened to Kim.  Those horrid sandals probably went on fine when she first put them on but she needs to carry a pair of flip flops with her.  She doesn't get any sympathy from me!

goo105

goo105

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

I saw pictures of Kendall and Jaden on Suri's burn book last fall. Given the Smith family is as fame-whorey as the K/Jenners, I'd say it's a match made in heaven. 

I thought it was Kylie dating the Smith kid.