The Real Housewives of Orange County

• Please log in to reply

48481 replies to this topic

007Girl

007Girl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2008 @ 9:36 AM

SOOO much WORD! It's so obvious they both were looking for a spin-off. I really think Jo thought they could be the new "Newlyweds" a la Nick and Jessica. She tried to channel Jessica so much, it made me cringe to watch. Calling Slade "Baby", her stupid act, cooking dinner but eeeek! I don't know how, the Uggs, her "singing", acting like her career was taking off and she was leaving him behind. I really hope their new show isn't really coming to Bravo. Mostly because I know I wouldn't be able to NOT watch it.

This is SO true! In fact I remember hearing her say in an interview who she would most like to model her career after and she said.."Jessica Simpson". She said she likes her style. I never even realized how much she copied her, you are right! She even tried to go blonde at one point.

Callie Cat

Callie Cat

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2008 @ 11:14 AM

Perhaps they're going to replace Quim with the sexier (and more exciting) Roxie?

She'll never live that down. I liked her for her taking a risk (Quim, not Roxie) but she put waaaaaay too much out there (literally) for any Snarky McSnarkson (Billy, us) to go after.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 21, 2008 @ 4:52 PM

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING.

Before posting here, read and understand the site rules and FAQ, linked conveniently at the top of every page of the forum.

The topic of this thread is the show, The Real Housewives of Orange County. I will allow some discussion of real-time events, but the focus always needs to be the show itself. In other words, this is a TV site, not a gossip site.

Call people by their real names. You might come up with a clever or mean — or both — nickname for someone on the show; keep it to yourself. It's confusing when everyone is calling the people on the show by a different name. Don't do it. Call them by their real names or initials if you want to post here. [Added May 3, 2008 --Barnes]

If someone makes an off-topic or rule-breaking post, please do not respond to it. Ignore it or report by using the Report button at the left of the post.

Thank you.

[Updated by TWoP Howard 3/12/2013]

Edited by TWoP Howard, Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:54 AM.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 24, 2008 @ 6:01 PM

This thread is open again.

Please read the note at the top of the page before posting.

Eaglessoar

Eaglessoar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2008 @ 9:28 PM

I say they have Mr. Peterson's ex "suck"retary that he sued for the ring back as the new "HoWife. It will be nice to help Lauri remind the viewing audience what a Prince he is!

drd411 -

What a brilliant idea! Now that would make for some good TV. If BravHO is looking for two newcomers then why not have BOTH Mr. Peterson's "suck"retaries" on S4 since it is reported he paid a lot of money to get rid of the two hoping to save his reputation before his big debut on S-1. Better yet and while there at it why not also bring on the X Mrs. Peterson. Now that would hike BravHO's ratings sky high and make Chin's and Whori's blood boil.

Edited by Eaglessoar, Mar 31, 2008 @ 9:42 PM.

moderndaypirate

moderndaypirate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2008 @ 11:49 PM

I don't know how many times I have read the variations of the phrase "Condo de Coto Cat Crap" in this forum and it still makes me laugh out loud.

Who wants the housewives of NYC to come to LA or vice versa? I think Bravo is missing the cross over potential here.

Edited by moderndaypirate, Mar 24, 2008 @ 11:50 PM.

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 3:39 PM

Who wants the housewives of NYC to come to LA or vice versa? I think Bravo is missing the cross over potential here.

OMG I just 5 minutes ago mentioned to a co worker that I would LOVE to see that cat fight.

Eaglessoar

Eaglessoar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 8:26 PM

And thirdly, I have no idea how Lauri can "raise" her kids like that! Letting her daughter live in their house just for staying in college? Who refuses to pay water bills? And leaves dogshit all over the floor?

Yet another example - they are shitty mothers for the most part as well - who raises children to be this irresponsible?

Anastasia139 -

Your question - Who raises children to be this irresponsible? The answer, at least MY answer is, Irresonible parents - that's who.

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it Whori who told Ashley how she, not Ashley, "forgot" to pay the water bill during the Hawaii vacation?

First of all, utility companies DO NOT arbitrarily shut off water or utilities unless the bill is dangerously late and, as a last resort they send out a 10 day pay or shut off notice. Given Whori's public record account how she pays many, many things late, if at all, I believe it was Whori who didn't pay the bill. The public record site at the Orange County court house also reports how Whori didn't pay her homeowner's dues on more than one occassion and she had tax liens as well.

Kid's learn by example and it is the parents responsibility to prepare their child to make the transition to living on their own by budgeting their money, etc. One thing I give Vicki credit for is she gave her kids a great head start on what awaited them in terms of financial responsibilities.

Kid's need to learn from someone how to pay their bills, but none of Whori's kids were taught those life lessons, instead they learned to be irresponsible by just observing their mom! Whori was too irresponsible with her own finances and too busy hunting down her sugar daddies rather than parent her kids or prepare them to cope with the issues of life and money management. Maybe Whori was never taught by her parents but at age 48 wouldn't one think you would learn something by then especially if you keep getting those nasty little bill reminders every month? Now there is a wake up call for ya.

It was also reported that although Whori put on a good show for the cameras during the cat shit episode, she didn't keep a clean home either. But now that she likely has a full time housekeeper after she hit the Pot'O Gold she doesn't need to worry about that any longer. One last thing according to various reports, Ashley is NOT enrolled in college either.

Case in Point: The quote below is taken from Ashley's updated MESpace:

As of right now, I dont have a plan...I just want to do the next good thing for me.

Without a plan in sight or any goal to strive for how does one succeed in life? I hope I am wrong but it appears to me we are seeing a mini Whori in the making.

Edited by Eaglessoar, Mar 25, 2008 @ 8:06 PM.

albertjoseph

albertjoseph

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 11:51 PM

Although I live on the East Coast, I've been following the Real Estate/Mortgage situation in Southern California. It seems like quite a bit of shit is hitting the fan.

I wonder if we'll see any of the fallout of this in the next season, given that so many of the castmembers are either directly involved in Real Estate or have a good deal of their financial fortunes tied to their Real Estate.

Eaglessoar

Eaglessoar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 1:07 PM

Although I live on the East Coast, I've been following the Real Estate/Mortgage situation in Southern California. It seems like quite a bit of shit is hitting the fan.

I wonder if we'll see any of the fallout of this in the next season, given that so many of the castmembers are either directly involved in Real Estate or have a good deal of their financial fortunes tied to their Real Estate.

AlbertJoseph -

If BravHO doesn't try to put some kind of spin on the reality of the housing market in OC then Jeana might have to retract her opening comment how she loves money and if she has three cars she wants one more.

Tamra Barney, according to reports way up thread has not sold one house in many months. Who knows, maybe we will actually see some pole dancing if she meant what she said about wanting to make her own money. After all, and in her own words, she has been having kids all her life and if she follows in Whori's footsteps she will give them 5 years of her life and we all know how that turned out for Josh.

Edited by Eaglessoar, Mar 26, 2008 @ 1:08 PM.

MsLawDawg

MsLawDawg

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 1:47 PM

retract her opening comment how she loves money

Maybe they'll just awkwardly change it with a bad voice-over to, "I used to love money; now I'm loving life", as she struts her stuff with some sugar daddy.

Edited by MsLawDawg, Mar 26, 2008 @ 1:47 PM.

Eaglessoar

Eaglessoar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 2:33 PM

If the market tanks too far and with the trickle effect it will have on all of the Housewives and their mates business and sources of income maybe Scott Dunlop could turn the Housewives show into one like Big Brother by moving all of the families in with Chins. OMG!! Now that would be one hell of a Season 4. Any wagers on who would be the first to be eliminated?

MsLawDawg

MsLawDawg

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 3:25 PM

Truffle Hunter would be the first to go.

Eaglessoar

Eaglessoar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 5:05 PM

Truffle Hunter would be the first to go.

But MsLawDawg, Truffles was told she had a perfect triangle thingie going on. I think she would be the most "wanted" to be voted off because of her whining and over-the-top energy, but can't you just see those eyes of hers all buggie and flicking back and forth after the tribe has spoken? I can hear her now -

"But I don't understand, how could you do this to ME after I invited you ALL into MY world. What will I tell my PEERS?"

Whori would be the last to go only because first - a couple of the other ladies love, love, love to talk behind her back and no one can tell me otherwise. Even if she were to be voted off Chins would end up buying both his and his brides stay of execution for the sake of his reputation. Chins way of thinking is, to hell with Whori's reputation, but its a package deal now.

Edited by Eaglessoar, Mar 26, 2008 @ 5:05 PM.

barkley

barkley

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 7:15 PM

Good RE agents can make money in a bad market. It's crappy agents like Tamara who don't work and expect sales to fall into their laps that suffer the most in the current CA market.

I would think that with all of Jeana's experience and time in the RE business, she's probably doing fine.

albertjoseph

albertjoseph

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2008 @ 8:08 AM

From what I understand, the market is so bad in that area that there's alot of "jingle mail" being sent. Unless Jeanna has connections with banks to be their agent to sell REI"s, then her range of available properties to list is going to shrink. At least something on Jeanna will be shrinking.

jcsc

jcsc

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2008 @ 9:56 AM

At least something on Jeanna will be shrinking.

Ha! Meee-ow!

eurp

eurp

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 4:04 AM

I have come very late to this show. In fact today I watched all of season one on the DVD - lots of fun. I know that season two and the reunion (is that season 3?) have not come to DVD (I hope they do) but does anyone know if there are the season 2 episodes (whole episodes) online - I've searched the Bravo site and can't seem to see find them there, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I also tried browsing the Itunes sore but couldn't find them there. So, if anyone knows if they are online, could you let me know? I don't want to read the comments here until I've seen season 2.

RealityJunkie99

RealityJunkie99

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 8:36 AM

So, if anyone knows if they are online, could you let me know? I don't want to read the comments here until I've seen season 2.

You can buy every episode for $1.99 and download them directly on to your computer from Amazon.com

RHOC - 2nd Season on Amazon

balletbrat

balletbrat

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 9:15 AM

Quinn's downward torpedo boobs made me shudder.

Where is the Cobble Hillbilly discussion?

eurp

eurp

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 4:54 PM

Thank you so much, RealityJunkie99, for letting me know where the episodes can be purchased. I'm off to Amazon to start buying them.

Edited by eurp, Mar 29, 2008 @ 4:55 PM.

Hawkeye720

Hawkeye720

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 11:51 AM

The TWOP forum for RHONY has been on lockdown since just after episode 1. I've looked for other boards, but nothing compares to TWOP. Pity.

Designgurl

Designgurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 5:27 PM

I went over to the RHoNY site yesterday and couldn't figure out why it's on lockdown. The topics were a little negative, but this is TWoP. It is indeed a pity. Could any one of the mods fill us in?

sunshine123

sunshine123

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2008 @ 11:02 AM

I watched Season 1 which Bravo ran one day last week and I didn't realize how much I missed the OC ladies!!!! (Except Jo, I really don't miss her!!) I can't wait for the next season!!!.....I find that when I watch the old seasons in reruns, I focus less on the "storyline" and more on what is going on in the background, kwim? Like the episode where Lauri picked up Josh from Juvenile Hall and they were driving home with Josh in the back of the SUV with his arm around Sophie and neither kid had a seatbelt on!!

Eaglessoar

Eaglessoar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2008 @ 11:43 AM

I watched Season 1 which Bravo ran one day last week and I didn't realize how much I missed the OC ladies!!!! (Except Jo, I really don't miss her!!) I can't wait for the next season!!!.....I find that when I watch the old seasons in reruns, I focus less on the "storyline" and more on what is going on in the background, kwim? Like the episode where Lauri picked up Josh from Juvenile Hall and they were driving home with Josh in the back of the SUV with his arm around Sophie and neither kid had a seatbelt on!!

Sunshine -

It's people like Chins and Whori who think they are above everyone else and there are no rules in their book. Hell, I am surprised Whori even took time out of her day to pick up her son
(Josh who?) let alone waste any breath reminding them to buckle up. I would venture to say there is a lot more going on behind the scenes then BravHO dishes up.

Edited by Eaglessoar, Mar 31, 2008 @ 11:59 AM.

sunshine123

sunshine123

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2008 @ 12:27 PM

I think Bravo should do a two hour special on "never before seen footage" from their many many hours of filming the OC Housewives!!!! Let's all pitch it to Bravo!! Everyone in??!!!

Eaglessoar

Eaglessoar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2008 @ 12:57 PM

I think Bravo should do a two hour special on "never before seen footage" from their many many hours of filming the OC Housewives!!!! Let's all pitch it to Bravo!! Everyone in??!!!

Sunshine -

Absolutely! Count me in. Also, how about us writing to BravHO asking the big Kahoona, Scott Dunlop to start a new show called "The "Real" Real Housewives of OC which would feature the "actual lives" of some of the cast especially the lives of Chin and Whori instead of the the "fairytale" and "made up" version the two slung at us. Talk about ratings, they would be through the roof!!

Edited by Eaglessoar, Mar 31, 2008 @ 12:57 PM.

biscuitsngravy

biscuitsngravy

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2008 @ 3:46 PM

Check this site a bit further, it reaches out of OC. We won't be gagged. But I hope they gag Jo and cancel any impending show. No caterwauling allowed.

Edited by biscuitsngravy, Mar 31, 2008 @ 3:48 PM.

simon920

simon920

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2008 @ 5:44 PM

I'm waiting for the behind the scenes tell-all book from some crew member. You know, the one that will never be written because of the likely confidentiality clauses in their contracts.

But you just know that would be beyond fabulous!

HausFrauNow

HausFrauNow

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2008 @ 10:03 PM

Bravho and the (s)ho-mods (shoutout to the cheesemonger) are as asinine as the twits on "Supermodel." This show is long gone and the thread is still open, and posters who think they are too cool for words are still repeating the tired old "Did you know Tamra's 40?" line. Folks, it was funny once or twice. Stretch your gray matter and favor us with something original, OK? And if you can't, then back away from the keyboard.

Meanwhile, Bravho doesn't have the cojones to open the New York thread.

I can't grok why the big shot(ess) at Bravo (NY Times article) today is so au courant. She's wearing a frickin' jumper fer chrissakes, and looks 65. High-powered career women like you and the Cobble Hillbilly shouldn't wear kindergarten jumpers. Dress for the next job you want!

Das vidanya, I'll miss the gulag. I'm off to read Yevtushenko and Tennyson.

P.S. RHofNY -- You're xx pounds "wringing" wet, not "ringing" wet.

Edited by HausFrauNow, Mar 31, 2008 @ 10:34 PM.