The Real Housewives of Orange County

• Please log in to reply

48647 replies to this topic

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 10:43 PM

Since Vicki wasn't taking Brooks' calls after she text broke up with him, I could see Brooks either calling the house phone or Ryan to relay a message to Vicki.  Ryan being so calm and saying "I don't do that" when it comes to beating women... well.. he does and that makes it feel so staged.

I saw an "ETA" note at the very bottom of the original article posted up-thread a ways.

Brooks states these recordings were made in September 2012.

I loathe Ryan's treatment of Fairy Duster, to be sure, but...Well, if those recordings were in September 2012 and Ryan was installing security cameras, etc., all over Vicki's property when the season first started, the time line would be about right since I believe this current season just ending started filming in October/November'ish.

If Brooks were making accusations about "beating her ass" and other physical threats, I can almost understand Psychosoldier going apeshit with the security cameras.  If he was deployed and Brianna and Troy were to be residing at Casa Gunvalson, and with Brooks apparently a perceived loose cannon, I can almost make myself understand his logic in wanting a security system to protect all of them in his absence.

But, no matter how I try to twist it to fill in the blanks, I just cannot for the life of me understand how the Brooks situation would have caused him to twist off on Fairy Duster.  

To me, the disproportionate degree of anger he demonstrated towards Fairy Dusty for putting her feet on the couch is still worse by comparison than a drunken Brooks' threats to "beat her ass."  

Maybe there's more than the 2 little snippets in that article that we'll hear at the reunion but I kinda/sorta understand the security equipment now.  

It's a battle of the douches in OC.  Slade may be Douchelord but Ryan and Brooks must be Doucheking and Doucheprince.  In no particular order.  

Edited by Persnickety13, Aug 20, 2013 @ 10:45 PM.

Muffyn

Muffyn

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:02 PM

It's a douche dynasty!

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

Speaking of her stuff, I'm not sure what the blue-green necklace that she wears in the TH segments is supposed to be (turquoise?), but it's not that bad.

Oh my aunt has that necklace.  She got it from JTV.  Maybe they still sell it.  It's kinda nice, maybe about 25 or 30 bucks.  My aunt is very sweet, but trendy?  Er, not exactly.  She's also 75.  Gretch is making herself look like an old lady.

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:26 PM

Did anyone catch Tamra saying "fake emails like the one you what Slade make for the Fox at 5?" It was during one of the screaming matches. I wonder if there was something to that story, however with Tamra you never know.

Yes! I was coming here to post about that very thing - it was so enticing. Is there evidence Slade doctored the e-mails from Fox 5? Also, I feel like we got a great glimpse into Gretchen's sick mind when she played that voicemail. The person leaving the message so clearly tripped over her words and said something like, "They want you, uh, they're interested in you -," or something like that, and Gretchen latched onto the part where the agent said "They want you." I felt like you could just see the way she selectively sees what she wants to see to best fit her latest batch of lies.

I did have to laugh when Gretchen was all, "That wasn't on camera and you have no way to prove that," and Tamra was all sarcastic, "Oh, wait, I have the e-mail!"

Edited by PhilMarlowe2, Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:28 PM.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:39 PM

What did the voicemail prove?  That some woman left a message on Gretchen's phone about a possible role on Malibu Country and if G could come in on one of "these" days.  Not just 1 possible day, but "days".  Who knows who really left the voicemail?  And who would keep a voicemail over 8 months later?  

I think G needs to dump Slade and hook up with Raging Recording Ryan.

Scots Mermaid

Scots Mermaid

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:53 PM

For our last anniversary I wanted to update my wedding ring into something more "me." We went to Jared's and I got a very pretty pink sapphire ring in white gold with lots of diamonds and a diamond anniversary band. It's BIG. It was less than 2000 thousand dollars, total. I get complemented on it DAILY. I don't think there's any shame to that. Heck, I have five kids to take care of. The shame would be in buying something we couldn't afford.
I bet Gretchen's is something similar. A citrine or yellow sapphire. The lie is gross enough, but if it was real? With Slade's debt, Grayson's medical bills, their just bullshit way of life? That's disgusting. Seriously, a several carat canary diamond is what millionaires can afford. Like, why would you live in a relatively small townhouse, but have a $100,000 engagement ring?
Obviously, I don't understand these women, but that kind of excess just grosses me out.

givemeakleenex

givemeakleenex

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:55 PM

Every time I see Gretchen try to pry her overly filled lips any wider then it takes to say "suntheen" it reminds me of that Pictionary scene in When Harry Met Sally when someone yells out the nonsensical "Baby Fish Mouth!" as the answer.

Pauline Fowler

Pauline Fowler

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:56 PM

Oh my aunt has that necklace.  She got it from JTV.  Maybe they still sell it.  It's kinda nice, maybe about 25 or 30 bucks.  My aunt is very sweet, but trendy?  Er, not exactly.  She's also 75.  Gretch is making herself look like an old lady.

With Gretch, it's all relative. I guess an older lady can wear that thing if she's not exposing decollatage. Gretchen is wearing her now trademark seafoam (actually a color I'm seeing on a lot of ladies right now) with the necklace.

I really want to know more about that Fox 5 email that Slimey doctored. Didn't Gretchie show up with a voice mail from the program director of the station at last year's reunion to prove she'd been offered an audition (she said job, again, semantics) for the job Alexis got, and preformed poorly?

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:23 AM

The lie is gross enough, but if it was real? With Slade's debt, Grayson's medical bills, their just bullshit way of life? That's disgusting. Seriously, a several carat canary diamond is what millionaires can afford. Like, why would you live in a relatively small townhouse, but have a $100,000 engagement ring? 

Not a 100 thou -- more like $250 thou, if that ring is real.  

Gee Gretch, you want us to believe you bought a $250,000 ring, do you?  Really?  While Slade struggles to pay back child support & back taxes?  And if that ring is real & worth $250,000, couldn't that money be put to better use?  Like maybe for helping to pay for your "fiance's" dying son's medical expenses.  Or even buying a bigger place -- cuz that cluttered up house is starting to look like a dump.

Scots Mermaid

Scots Mermaid

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:31 AM

$250,000! Jeez Louise! I stand corrected. Must be my frugal sensibilities, but all I can think is, "you're gonna bang that ring on the washing machine three times a day, then get baby poop stuck in it." Lol.

If it's real, big if, that is just shameful.

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 1:02 AM

Even Heather doesn't wear anything like that.  Heather's unimpressive jewelry speaks volumes to me, but that's another story.  Gretch's ring, if it was real, looks like suntheen Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or Angelina or Aniston would wear  It's only for chicks rolling in dough.  And clearly that ain't Gretchen.

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 1:32 AM

So I posted the radar online article without listening to the recording (I was on the mobile version and you can't play videos).

I also think Brooke's was SMASHED. I had to stop drinking 2 months after my 21st birthday (3 years ago) because I had a problem. I'd been drinking since I was 14 and by the time I was 21, I blacked out every weekend that I didn't have my son. During these blackouts, I have NO IDEA what I did or said. No recollection of it at all. Brooke's sounds that wasted to me. And so I can't fault him too much because I've been told I said things when I blackouted that I never even thought of before.

I've been extremely unimpressed watching the two reunion episodes. So incredibly boring.

I caught up on my shows today and watched both Miami Housewives episodes, which made me realize how ugly the OC wives are in comparison.

Lea Black looks better than any OC housewife and she's older than all of them except Vicki by at least 10 years.

It also made me realize how AWFUL they dress. The Miami ladies dress amazingly IMO. Everything Adriana has worn so far this season is perfection.

It's just such a drastic change going from one to the other.

LabLover27

LabLover27

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 2:47 AM

Persnickety13, yup, you are right about Barbara the jewelry lady ~ or as Gretchen would say 'jewrey' lady. 

She frosted Jo.   The ladies went to her store in LA.  She was also visited by Ryan and Brianna for her lovely wedding ring.  She has since moved to Texas. 

Get this tidbit, my girlfriend once appeared on now cancelled "Top This Party" reality show where she had a fundraiser at her Coto de Caza home.  Barbara was there, selling, frosting people.  Another tidbit, my friend's party planner was Brian.  The same one that was Heather's party planner for her "is this the world we live in" cakegate episode.  LOL   When worlds collide :) http://www.tv.com/sh...istine-1610979/

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 5:14 AM

Not a 100 thou -- more like $250 thou, if that ring is real.  

Gee Gretch, you want us to believe you bought a $250,000 ring, do you?  Really?  While Slade struggles to pay back child support & back taxes?  And if that ring is real & worth $250,000, couldn't that money be put to better use?  Like maybe for helping to pay for your "fiance's" dying son's medical expenses.  Or even buying a bigger place -- cuz that cluttered up house is starting to look like a dump.

Exactly Scoobie . This makes no sense and reeks of bullshit. Not to mention tacky as fuck.
This is not sour grapes or envy but I think Gretchen and Jo's rings are ugly as hell. They are gaudy and fake looking (and probably are) and there's no real design or artistic beauty.

Liberty47

Liberty47

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 5:48 AM

Even Heather doesn't wear anything like that.  Heather's unimpressive jewelry speaks volumes to me, but that's another story.  Gretch's ring, if it was real, looks like suntheen Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or Angelina or Aniston would wear  It's only for chicks rolling in dough.  And clearly that ain't Gretchen.

That ring is the most god-awful tackiest thing I've ever seen in my life. I've been sitting here for 36 hours, processing the horrendous horror that was Gretchen on Monday night. I've just been trying to make sense of it all...the weeping and wailing... the seafoam green...the modern day mystery known as a botulism-laced mug trying to convey emotion that I couldn't accurately get the ring into my memory bank. To me, it was just pure Gretchen.  Now that I've sobered up, OMG. EW!!!!!!!!!! Ugly, hideous, her hands are going to grow old and gnarly and wrinkly with that fugly yellow gigantic clunker. (Assuming she actually marries the deadbeat,)

Edited by Liberty47, Aug 21, 2013 @ 5:50 AM.

MyAimIsTrue

MyAimIsTrue

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:03 AM

Even Heather doesn't wear anything like that.  Heather's unimpressive jewelry speaks volumes to me, but that's another story.

I'm not sure if you meant that in a positive or negative way but to me that's a huge positive for Heather as she doesn't have to prove anything by being over the top or ostentatious.

mothra1orbit

mothra1orbit

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:13 AM

This has been bothering me for a while.  When red-headed co-host plays Gretchen's "song" for Slade on the radio, he says something which closed captioning interprets "Is it G?"  This is early in the song, before it's clear that Gretchen is asking him to marry her.    I think he said, "Is it Jo?" and here's why:  have we ever seen/heard him (or anyone else) refer to Gretchen as "G"?  And isn't/wasn't Jo the one with the "singing career" Slade managed?    And if he believed from the start that it was Gretchen--if he *assumed* that a woman who was singing a song to him would be no one *but* his fiancée, why would he even ask if it were she?  I think he thought it was Jo, and the surprise was that she had a record out, or suntheen like that.  I do not believe his immediate impression was that it was Gretchen singing--and after all, with the autotune and evertheen, who *would* be able to recognize a voice?

beden

beden

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:39 AM

Tamra is on her rehab tour for viewers for her wedding but the evil does appear now and then. And how coy she is hiding the real costs of the wedding from Eddie.

Because nothing says grow old together like making cute when lying about money issues in a marriage--even if Bravo is picking up the bills and handing them nice paychecks all along. Shades of Doris Day and Rock Hudson circa 1962. The clock is already ticking on when the divorce papers will be filed.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:02 AM

Ryan being so calm and saying "I don't do that" when it comes to beating women... well.. he does and that makes it feel so staged.

We don't know Ryan does that.

chunky stuff is "in" these days, so it's on-trend. About the only thing she's worn in 3 years for which this statement is true.

This might be the break Lauri and her friend need for that "Bella Roach" line of jewelry they were working on together in season 2!

DixieSugarbaker

DixieSugarbaker

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:14 AM

Heather, Heather, Heather, you condescending so and so. Alexis is trying to move on about the "bullying" word and you still have to blame her for your actions. Well, I would say that you harassed a co-worker continually and with premeditation. That may not be bullying in your book, but it sure as hell is not the action of a lady in polite society. And the reason this issue got "bigger" is because what you did to Alexis struck a chord with a lot of viewers and they also agreed with the assessment of bullying. Can't blame that on Alexis.

Alexis, I am proud that you did not stoop to join in the gang takedown of Gretchen, even though of all the people there you have been the most wronged by her. We all know that you have lots of dirt on Gretchen and your refusal to spill shows your integrity. However, I think that the burden of keeping all of Gretchen's secrets may be too much for any one person and you need someone to confide in. I suggest you give Ryan a call.

rivermet

rivermet

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:15 AM

I think the audio recordings of Brooks explain more why Ryan and Briana were so deadset on not being around Brooks and making an issue of it with Vicki in the house.

But they in no way excuse Ryan's behavior at the party with Lydia's mother. He was out of control over a tiny thing.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:22 AM

With Gretch, it's all relative. I guess an older lady can wear that thing if she's not exposing decollatage.

Spealing of which, was that a hjickey on Gretchen's chest (the side without the strap)?

What is this "frosting" of which you speak?

This has been bothering me for a while.  When red-headed co-host plays Gretchen's "song" for Slade on the radio, he says something which closed captioning interprets "Is it G?"  This is early in the song, before it's clear that Gretchen is asking him to marry her.    I think he said, "Is it Jo?" and here's why:  have we ever seen/heard him (or anyone else) refer to Gretchen as "G"?  And isn't/wasn't Jo the one with the "singing career" Slade managed?    And if he believed from the start that it was Gretchen--if he *assumed* that a woman who was singing a song to him would be no one *but* his fiancée, why would he even ask if it were she?  I think he thought it was Jo, and the surprise was that she had a record out, or suntheen like that.  I do not believe his immediate impression was that it was Gretchen singing--and after all, with the autotune and evertheen, who *would* be able to recognize a voice?

Interesting theory! That would explain a LOT. If memory serves, didn't he start to mock it after he said that but before he realized it was Gretchen? Perhaps they eliminated the footage of him saying somethiung nasty?

I am assuming Tamra's line in the promo for her dreadful wedding spin-off was something someone contrived b/c, quite frankly, there wasn't enough interesting material to cover the show.

ETA: Spelling.

Edited by ubi, Aug 22, 2013 @ 9:25 PM.

dianewannabe

dianewannabe

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:41 AM

I was so hoping for a montage of Gretchen mangling the english language. THAT would have been good tv.

ninjaeema

ninjaeema

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:50 AM

EW!!!!!!!!!! Ugly, hideous, her hands are going to grow old and gnarly and wrinkly with that fugly yellow gigantic clunker. (Assuming she actually marries the deadbeat,)

Don't forget those pointy, talon like plastic nails.

Darbar

Darbar

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:57 AM

There's no way on God's green earth that G's ring is real. I just did some research on the cost of fancy yellow diamonds (the yellow diamonds that are sold at chain stores like Zales and others are usually "enhanced" stones which are heat treated, or chemically treated to make them more yellow, and therefore are not the best stones), and what I discovered is that there's no way Slade paid for a real stone. First, anything over 5 carats is rare, and anything over 7 carats is EXTREMELY rare. I found one large yellow stone, 9.48 carats, just the stone, cushion cut, and the price was $287,600. Now, add the setting and additional diamonds, and that will cost over $20,000 and up, because they don't make very many settings that fit 9 carat stones and those have to be specially made.

So, unless Slade is hiding money, or G paid for her own ring (she has that kind of money????), no way is it real. The prices for those rings are Kardasian, J-Lo or Angelina territory, not an over-botoxed bimbo.

Studentpilot

Studentpilot

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:03 AM

I forgot about that. I liked her honesty, too. No trying to be a "I can do it ALL" type (Heather). I wouldn't do laundry either. or clean. 

Oh hell to the yeah!  First thing after I win the lottery is buy a better house and hire people to take care of it. 

Lila78

Lila78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:24 AM

[quote name="Darbar" post="15944942" timestamp

So, unless Slade is hiding money, or G paid for her own ring (she has that kind of money????), no way is it real. The prices for those rings are Kardasian, J-Lo or Angelina territory, not an over-botoxed bimbo.[/quote]

Hmm- a Kardashian would most definitely qualify as an over botoxed bimbo. I do agree with the rest of your post though. I don't think the ring is real, period. I also think it's hideous and I love jewelry, blingy rings, etc.

nc socialworker

nc socialworker

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:34 AM

In that recording Brooke's is clearly very intoxicated. I think the bigger issue for Vickie is she falls for men with substance abuse problems. They are probably easier to control.

mothra1orbit

mothra1orbit

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:37 AM

I don't think Gretchen (or any of these women) would blink about called a heat-enhanced stone "real."  So I would put *natural* yellow diamond right out of consideration from the start.  Second, I think the only one of them who would really, really care enough to talk about the quality of the ring would be Heather; I think all of them, including Heather, care more about who paid for it than whether the diamond is a good one or not.

Having said that, I don't care about whether the ring is good or not (although I thought canary diamonds went out of style almost ten years ago), and the question of who paid for it is silly, imho; of course Gretchen bought it.  Slade doesn't have a pot to piss in.  Is it the stone from Jeff's ring?  I can't remember what that one looked like--or maybe they traded in Jeff's stone.  I am interested to see if she continues to wear Jeff's ring now that she has Slade's ring.  I am also suspicious about Jo's having no idea of where her ring is; she probably did sell it a long time ago, or maybe she sold it to Gretchen.

And finally, I don't know why they don't all wear fake stones--or maybe they do.  If they're trying to impress each other, unless they all start wearing loupes, or unless like Alexis god love her they blurt, who would know?

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 11:01 AM

After the hell they gave Alexis for having a fake ring in Costa Rica, no way will Gretchenever admit to having a fake one, too.

Plus she bold face lied about having extensions, breast implants and lip work.