The Real Housewives of Orange County

• Please log in to reply

48471 replies to this topic

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 1:40 AM

When Vicky gets mad and raises her voice ten decimals, my ears want to shut down.  She sounds like a raging lunatic.

WTH is wrong with Ryan?  I saw how he went off in the previews for next weeks show but I'm talking about how he was telling Vicky  Brooks was not allowed in the house as long as he and Briana and the baby were there.    If he was my son-in-law  he would disrespect me one time and that would be all she wrote.   That's not his house.  He need to get an apartment on base for Briana and the baby.  What I can't understand is why Vicky take shit from him?

Gretchen asking Slade to marry her and the way she did it  was.......nice.  Usually, a lot of what these women do when it comes to their better half makes me snicker and SMH but this was pretty sweet.    Anyone think Gretchen and Slade will actually get married anytime soon? lol

I think Alexis is the best looking HW out the group.  She's gorgeous.  Always thought so.

Edited by prosperity2day, Jul 30, 2013 @ 1:54 AM.

Scots Mermaid

Scots Mermaid

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 1:48 AM

Just watched the preview clip of Ryan for next week.  I thought I was immune to reality show crap, but I was mistaken.  I, literally, have a stomach ache over what I saw.  That man is a MARINE.  I thought that meant something. 

Since I haven't heard anything about divorce proceedings or mental hospital stays, shame on Brianna, too.  I think I'd fall over dead if my husband spoke to ANYONE like that, let alone some hippie Grandma that my mom invited to HER home. 

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 1:49 AM

No that marriage won't last because Ryan will probably end up in prison for hurting someone.

LouieLouie

LouieLouie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 1:57 AM

I haven't been watching the show because the nastiness just stresses me out but I love to catch up on what everyone here has to say.   I did breakdown and look at the clip of Ryan because curiosity won out.  WOW.  To speak to anyone, much less a woman who is first and foremost a guest in his mother-in-laws house and secondly is old enough to be his mother which is deserving of respect, is unacceptable and very disturbing. It concerns me that the military allows this man to carry a gun, he obviously has some serious anger issues which appear, based on this clip, could very easily cross over into physical abuse.  I always thought Brianna seemed to stand up for what is right so standing behind her husband on this outburst is puzzling.  He took that way too far, you could almost see the seething anger spilling out of him.  I can't imagine what it was like being there in person.  

ETA:  I just rewatched the clip, he looked like he was about to punch Lyda's mom right before he jerked his arm away from Brianna saying don't touch me.  I would love to know his background.  Something is not right!

Edited by LouieLouie, Jul 30, 2013 @ 2:10 AM.

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 2:00 AM

I wonder what if anything this type of behavior will do to,his military career...

LouieLouie

LouieLouie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 2:16 AM

@Bebecat -- I don't know about the Marines but in the Air Force I'm pretty sure at a minimum the First Sergeant or someone higher would be having a serious conversation with him and possibly looking into a psych evaluation if this were brought to their attention.  

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 2:26 AM

That clip really made me think PTSD when I saw it.

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 2:43 AM

Not exactly behavior becoming an officer, eh?

Did he say "don't touch me" to Brianna or to Lydia's mom?  Brianna married this guy way too quickly.  We've seen lots of hints this guy's got a screw loose.  Lydia's mother seems so harmless, altho I'd be really pissed if she threw that damn fairy dust at me.  

Now if she threw fairy dust at him & he screamed at her, "Bitch, why'd you throw that shit at me?"  For that, maybe I could understand him going off on her a bit.  But his tone was fucked up & scary.  And Brianna laughing it off & making excuses for it was really disturbing.

I felt sorry for Gretchen's parents...wonder if they partially support her as it is.

They both looked very, very worried about her, but neither did a convincing job of hiding their pained expressions.  Why does Gretch keep asking her mom if she approves of Slade?  Why put your own mother thru that & make her lie on national TV?  Oh she is horrible!  Gretch's mom must hate lying cuz this is the second time we've seen her pause, stumble & look horrified & nauseated when Gretch asks her if she approves of Slade.  Gretch's dad may have been smiling, but he looked dead serious when he said to Slade he'll be watching him.

This ep should have been called the Gretch & Slade pilot show.  It sucked.  And it was mostly really boring.  Could Bravo really give these 2 their own show when they both are so reprehensible, unlikable & uninteresting?

Anyone catch Gretch on WWHL?  Someone commented that her lips looked very large in her meeting with Alexis.  They showed a clip & her lips really did look huge.  She clearly must have gotten something injected in 'em (maybe the day before).  Gretch just said they did look big, but admitted nothing.  Figures.  

Gretch also talked about some voicemail she claims will clear up the Malibu Country thing.  I don't believe her for a second.  I can't wait for the reunion to watch her get fried.  She was asked who she's closest to & she said she's gotten to know Lydia lately.  So Lydia is her only possibility for a friend?  Really?  Uh-oh.  It's not lookin' good for Gretch.  She's in a bad place now cuz they all can't stand her.

It was nice to see Gavin, Slade's older son.  He's a good-looking boy & yes, he does look like Slade from season 1 -- certainly not the homeless man he looks like now.  Gavin seems like an extremely sweet, nice young man (the anti-Shane).  Clearly, he wasn't raised by Slade.  I bet he had little contact with him growing up.  

Have to say, I was really touched by how sweet Gavin was to Slade.  He hasn't one drop of bitterness toward him.  Slade is just so contemptible, he doesn't deserve anything other than scorn -- certainly from a son he didn't raise & probably didn't support or hardly saw.  And yet Gavin was just so sweet I wanted to cry.  Gavin was the only reason to watch the Gretch & Slade segment cuz the rest of it was crap.

Edited by Scoobiedoobs, Jul 30, 2013 @ 4:13 AM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 4:22 AM

I mentally fast-forwarded during the Dubrow house saga. I am guessing the kids either repeat what they hear ("Shut your hole that makes that noise") or they were coached.

Slade called his assistant "sticky and sweet". Holy human resources department! I loved how Slade couldn't figure out who was singing in that music. Did this take place before or after Slade's show went off the air? I am incredulous that he would come in to work, hear the music with instructions to go meet her and none of what transpired had actually been on the air. After this scene, I found myself mentally fast-forwarding during the rest of the Gretchen bits

Tamra kinda opens her gym. I so hope it fails. It was kind of Alexis to support her, but I still hope it's a miserable failure.

Wow, that preview clip looked harsh but I wonder how much is editing?

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 5:19 AM

West coaster here and it hasn't aired yet, so forgive me for asking, but Grayson is in tonight's episode?  Is he stabilized now and able to travel?

Ha Ha. Senior moment. I meant Slade's oldest son. I'm sure he's probably been referred to as "the other one" for some time now.

Edited by charmed1, Jul 30, 2013 @ 5:21 AM.

Dallance

Dallance

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 5:54 AM

Yikes. Now I'm wondering if Ryan's scary ass temper is the reason Vicki will go along with anything just to keep Brianna & the baby in the house. She didn't seem all that shocked by his behavior.

KittyMarthaPoo

KittyMarthaPoo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 6:22 AM

VIcki's droopy cleavage in the white dress was absolutely horrifying. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was hideous.

Gretchen is just crap-tastic in every way. She could rent her wardrobe out to drag queens for extra income.

I wonder if now that they are engaged & are going to get married she has decided to just pay off all his old debts & not talk about it any more.

I really like how Alexis & Tamra have made up. Alexis going to the Cut soft opening was sweet. Nice how Tamra appreciated her support.

Jessie Q

Jessie Q

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 6:25 AM

Can't imagine the grief he is going to take from his military buddies for this - but he deserves every comment they will probably make.

How one reacts in this type of situation is what separates the generals from the grunts. Any of the upper level officers I know would be very instrumental in "educating" Ryan as to how this situation should have been handled. By this brief demonstration, Ryan has effectively shown his true colors. Definitely not the kind of person I would want representing my country abroad or making snap decisions in the heat of the moment. If he loses his cool with an older woman and how she disrespects a couch that isn't even his, what would he do (or, God, what has he done?) in combat?

Edited: Changed "soldier" to "person."

Edited by Jessie Q, Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:03 AM.

toolegittoquit

toolegittoquit

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 6:46 AM

Ryan is a Marine, not a soldier, and he is a SNCO, not a commissioned officer. Anyway I'm sure his command does not care at all about him having a snit fit over something stupid. Some Marines get into barfights, get arrested for DUIs and domestic violence - actual crimes - and do not always suffer the consequence at work. Having a bad temper is not a crime and certainly not a barrier to your job in a culture that institutionalizes and rewards aggression and sexism. I say this as a former Marine officer who has absolutely no illusions about military service.

Also, not every bad temper in the military can be attributed to PTSD. There are assholes in every line of work, especially Ryan's (artillery).

beden

beden

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 6:56 AM

Fairy Duster was probably tipsy and had no clue that he was Vicki's son-in-law.   Could have been the help for all she knew.  Maybe she was flippant with him.  Not realizing WHO HE WAS, she dared, DARED to defy him.  HIM! JesusMaryandJoseph. Serious shit here.  Threatening violence "to protect" a couch!  Dude is armed.

Any of the upper level officers I know would be very instrumental in "educating" Ryan as to how this situation should have been handled. By this brief demonstration, Ryan has effectively shown his true colors. Definitely not the kind of soldier I would want representing my country abroad or making snap decisions in the heat of the moment.

My take on the out of context clip (and keeping in mind that Bravo isn't above misleading clips) was that this is a man who's been deployed 3-4 times already and is about to go back into a war situation. Obviously he's stressed for whatever reason, may have had a beer or two too many and may well be suffering from PTSD while dealing with leaving his wife and newborn to go back to war.

I'm not defending him, mind you, I'm just expressing sympathy for a man in a difficult situation. And yes, I agree with the above comment that he may benefit from a psych evaluation. As someone above mentioned; the man is a Marine. Yes, he is and he's also human and has probably seen things and is about to see things again which would break a lot of people, things a bit worse than bad makeup and ill-fitting dresses. I also think that if he's this tightly wrapped he shouldn't have gone to the party but, be that as it may, he did and it seems like he may have overreacted to something.

I'm not making excuses but I'm an Army brat and my sympathies are with the active duty guys who do/see things most of us would run away from screaming.

And I agree with you toolegittoquit

sometimes a guy is just an asshole and PTSD can't be  blamed for everything, but sometimes they've just been a bit too tightly stretched.

JMO and YMMV.

Edited by beden, Jul 30, 2013 @ 6:59 AM.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:19 AM

I always thought Brianna seemed to stand up for what is right so standing behind her husband on this outburst is puzzling.  He took that way too far, you could almost see the seething anger spilling out of him.  I can't imagine what it was like being there in person.  

She seemed almost gleeful on how manly her man was. She didn't seem embarrassed at all. My take is Ryan is an asshole going off on an older lady. Why doesn't he find some man to blow off some testosterone on? How about Slade? Slade has been disrespecting Vicki by commenting on her looks on the radio and in front of crowds. 

Can I just say that Brianna should not have gone out in public with that outfit she wore? Her boobs were sagging down to the waistline. Either put on a bra or stay upstairs. 

Slade's job must be fake. He can just take off when they are live on air? And his co-host was very fake, though she is a better actress than Slade.

MissBehaving

MissBehaving

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:31 AM

My big screen tv finally showed the sun-theen on Gretchen's teeth. She is wearing an Invisaline. She has always had horrible speech, but this explains the horsey chompers and the duck lips (which she will NOT admit to getting puffed up - Andy asked her on WWHL last night!).

Vicki's dress - Lordy be. Girlfriend has got to wear larger sizes. If she thinks wearing a dress that is too small, too short and too cleavagey is sexy, she is wrong, wrong, WRONG. She isn't that large, she probably wears a 12 or 14, not a 8 or 10. I caught a glimpse of her ass end heading up the stairway and all I could think of was two pigs trying to get out of a burlap bag. I love me some Vicki - and apparently the editors do too, because they didn't show much of her backside in that dress. Thank goodness.

I hated the whole scene between Vicki and her lazy ass son-in-law who couldn't pick up a garbage bag that he would rather trip over. Ya live there, you can help out! Speaking from experience, my son-in-law, home on two weeks leave from Iraq, lived with us and our daughter for that two weeks, he never would have not helped out in some small way. I didn't expect him to do anything, to be honest, it was his R&R, but, he was capable of taking some garbage to the can for pete's sake!

I suggest we play the drinking game using Gretchen's line "you guys!" Could she say it anymore during her garbled speech at her "engagement" set up - er party?

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:39 AM

That whole proposal scene was so completely staged and fake, it was ridiculous.  She gave Slade a ring? Will be also be on Say Yes to the Dress? The only great thing was seeing Slade's skeletons come out of the closet in the name of Kenny.  Also, where is Slade's biological mom? She was on Season 1 with his dad when they came to visit him and Jo, and then we never saw them again.  Unless that was his stepmom and this newer woman is his biological mom.  

I swear, between looking at Slade's mom and his brother, I'd keep a nickel between my knees if I were Gretchen.  And now that she's had all this work done, combined with her below average IQ, she seems to always just have this stupid look on her face when people are talking to her.  Ugh, can't stand her. 

Vicki and Briana need to understand that they aren't thin women anymore and start dressing appropriately.  Both their outfits were tragic.

Slade really needs to stop talking smack about women's looks.  He needs to shut it down. 

Ryan - wow.  The guy just came back from 29 Palms Infantry training and I'm sure the last thing he wanted was to sit in a boilermaker of drama on the air - or maybe he likes it, who knows.  All I know is if Vicki were my mom and that happened, I would be out of that house so fast I wouldn't know what hit me.  And if I were Lydia and he said that to my mom, wow.  It wouldn't be pretty.  Briana is turning into an abused wife before our eyes.  Ryan came, he saw, he conquered, he procreated.  I seriously worry for that family. 

It's not his house.  Period, the end.  He should have stayed at 29 Palms if that's what his behavior is going to be like in public.  In a sense I feel sorry for him, as I do for most military men and women who have to go from killing killing killing back to civilian life where they ship champagne and make smalltalk.  It can't be easy, but Briana is not the woman I thought she was if she's defending his behavior. 

Edited by misschung, Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:48 AM.

MissBehaving

MissBehaving

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:42 AM

Holy cat crap! I just watched the clip of Ryan versus the fairy duster. He.Is.An.Ass. If he really thought she was disrespecting his mother-in-law's house, he would have nicely asked her to remove her feet - or gone to Vicki and let her make the call. Who does that?? WHO DOES THAT? And then who adds "bitch" and gets into your face? Vicki has let those two asswipes live in her house, tell her what to do and held that baby over her head. I would have no issue telling that boy to remove his butt from my couch and find other living arrangements. For Brianna to defend him is just sad.

Can we discuss Slade's brother? So so sad how they described him. I don't know who is dumber, Slade or Gretchen.

I HATED the contrived acting at the radio station - that woman DJ tried too hard. Squeezed out a tear and said, "go to your girl" oh my God.

WhitleyGilbert

WhitleyGilbert

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:47 AM

What I can't understand is why Vicky take shit from him?

It can't be for that paltry 900/month they are paying her for rent. That barely covers half of my mortgage so I'm sure for Vicky it is just a drop in the bucket for hers. She deals with Ryan for Brianna and Troy and this situation is just another manifestation of her insecurities. She does not want to go against her daughter's husband out of fear it will alienate her daughter and she may not see her grandson much. But I do not see that happening because Brianna does not seem that vindictive.

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:53 AM

Honestly, my mom and I are very close - best friends, we still live together (yay for librarian wage) but if my husband spoke to her that way, she would absolutely not tolerate it.  And frankly, neither would I.  Now I know Lydia's mom is a little kooky - this setup almost seemed like the Sarah Winchester eating the bow off Heather's cake last season -- but really?  Calling her a bitch multiple times and saying get the f out?  Ryan, you're not a housewife.  You're not part of this party.  And this isn't a camp in Iraq that you're defending with your life.  Lydia's mom is not a member of the Taliban that snuck her way into Coto de Caza. 

Edited by misschung, Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:54 AM.

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:02 AM

One can post reviews of your plastic surgeon? I thought Yelp were only for restaurants!

You can review any business or a park, statue, church, doctor.

Way too short, way too tight, way too much saggy boob.

I don't think many women could pull off that dress let alone the Vickster. What was she thinking? And that glitter, oy.

I didn't like Alexis's hair.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:03 AM

I'd keep a nickel between my knees if I were Gretchen.  And now that she's had all this work done, combined with her below average IQ, she seems to always just have this stupid look on her face when people are talking to her.  Ugh, can't stand her. 

I don't think she has to worry b/c Slade has had a VESCTOMY! Gretchen is so delusional about babies b/c Slade is snipped, so I don't know ow in the hell she is going to have his child. Is that their next storyline-the struggles of fertility?

Gracepayz

Gracepayz

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:09 AM

this setup almost seemed like the Sarah Winchester eating the bow off Heather's cake last season -- but really?

I had this same thought when I saw it.  Except the party goer's sought out Heather and it was Heather who addressed the issue.  

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:12 AM

I'll cut Vicki some slack on the dress. I recently wore something that looked great in the mirror, but then saw the pictures someone posted on Facebook. I looked like a hog. I'm sure she was cringing when she saw what she looked like on television.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:20 AM

Gretchen, who is she kidding? Slade calls Vicky tupperware face - and then we have Gretchen sitting in the limo gloating over how natural her face is. PLEASE. Now, maybe she hasn't had as much work as the others, but that is NOT the same face she started this show with. So take a seat, honey.

This episode was so dull. I just read my book during the Gretchen/Slade scenes and glanced up occasionally. I just wanted that stupid proposal over with! Here is MY theory on why Gretchen proposed - she knows Slade wouldn't be able to pull off some grand gesture (lack of finances, lazy, etc.) so she figures if SHE does it, at least she'll still get the big party and all the attention. But, of course, he gets on his knee at the last moment. Typical Slade. Riding on someone else's coat tails.

The Dubrows....wow. They even had bouncy, sitcom music during their scenes! This is just too much. They need their own show, called - "Rich People Problems". Pilot episode - the Dubrows have thousands of square feet in their house, but just can't find room for their fourth child. Whatever shall they do????

Speaking of spin-offs, Bravo should have taken what Tamra said tonight as the title for hers - "Tamra and Eddie are Finally Ready!". Stupid show, but at least the name would be catchy. And, thanks for the visual image of her giving birth to her gym.

So excited for the finale! Only because we get to hear Vicky screech again. And who is Ryan throwing out???

I want a tour of her house, because I need to know if she owns a mirror. My gut tells me otherwise. Who let her out of the closet in that horrible white dress. She looked like an overstuffed, albino sausage.

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:25 AM

Gretchen, who is she kidding? Slade calls Vicky tupperware face - and then we have Gretchen sitting in the limo gloating over how natural her face is. PLEASE. Now, maybe she hasn't had as much work as the others, but that is NOT the same face she started this show with. So take a seat, honey.

Totally, and let's think about how much Gretchen will likely have done by the time she is Vicki's age...

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:25 AM

It was nice to see Gavin, Slade's older son.  He's a good-looking boy & yes, he does look like Slade from season 1 -- certainly not the homeless man he looks like now.  Gavin seems like an extremely sweet, nice young man (the anti-Shane).  Clearly, he wasn't raised by Slade.  I bet he had little contact with him growing up.

I was shocked, I didn't realize that was Gavin at first. I thought he must be Slade's younger brother. They look SO much alike. He even talks like him, has the same mannerisms, etc. I hope he turns out much better, he does seem like a nice guy.

Liberty47

Liberty47

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:40 AM

I live below the Mason-Dixon line and my mama is 67 years old. She's had a couple of "refreshers" and most mamas around here have. Judging from Gretchen's mother's smooth cheeks, I HIGHLY doubt she has gone through life unretouched. Either Gretchen is lying-AGAIN- or Gretchen's mother has just chosen to keep the information from her "not as bright" child.

RedHawk

RedHawk

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 8:46 AM

Are we someday going to find out that Slade did not actually have a vasectomy? Maybe he lied about that to begin with, although I can't imagine why. I don't even remember how we learned he had had one. Why would Jo, a young woman with her life ahead of her, want to marry a man who couldn't give her kids? Aside from the obvious, that was probably another of the actual reasons she got out of that relationship.