The Real Housewives of Orange County

• Please log in to reply

48408 replies to this topic

Centerfold

Centerfold

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

I need to rewatch the latest episode tonight, but it seemed as though Slade was uncomfortable with the trash talking of Alexis at the table. Interesting.

That's probably because he remembers it was Alexis, the highly devout Christian, who was eagerly and enthusiastically congratulating and encouraging him backstage after his performance at the comedy club, the performance which mostly consisted of ridiculing Tamra and Vicki's looks, complete with photographs. He can't alienate his biggest fan.

My favorite part of that whole ordeal was when the coach told her, "ok, now the fire is under control & all the people got out alright..." and Alexis says "oh thank god!" like it was a *real* fire and not a hypothetical situation she was using as practice. But then again, the animals may have still been in the house...!!!!

Alexis sure did sound like a twit. Once again.

Rockin1

Rockin1

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

RedHawk

Briana called Brooks shady in the previews.

What she said was, 'It's all a little bit shady'.

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Does Gretchen not have ANYTHING else that could be a storyline??

She was making a major plug for that sparkly oversized red bag...Perhaps we'll be treated to more of her child-like sketching "designs"?

Bananabread

Bananabread

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

Vickie and Don were rude a couple seasons back when they pretended to fall asleep at the table as Alexis described in minute detail things like what brand of shoes/bikini/sunglasses she was wearing when she met Jim, but Alexis is really a complete bore.

How can she be almost 40 and not understand the basics of human verbal interaction? She doesn't talk about anything but herself. She never shows interest in anyone else, other than as a jumping off point to bring the conversation back to her.

And, Alexis, if you go on and on about a topic, you aren't indicating to the listener that the topic is "off-limits" and they shouldn't "attack" you with questions. Someone asking you questions about what you've said means they are trying to converse with you....that means you talk, then they talk, then you talk, etc. etc. But Alexis doesn't have dialogues, she delivers humorless monologues full of boring, unimportant details and expects the poor person on the receiving end to listen intently and nod and then tell her how right she is when she finally finishes that story.

People like her are insufferably dull and tiresome and really not much fun to spend time with or be friends with. I can see why Gretchen has gone off her.

Rockin1

Rockin1

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:55 PM

Swankie-

That's why it sounded so weird whenever they had one of the girls singing loudly, but on the show they were playing that weird sax/flute? music that didn't match what they were singing at all. So I think Bravo might well not have wanted to pay royalties for the real accompaniment to Gretchen's singing.

Yes, I thought the same thing. Like to get the damn thing over with. Like what Mushu said back thread Gretchen in 'B-Flat' and cut.
The background probably was a commercial audio rhythm track adjustable to any song speed and style.
Bravo/Andy doesn't care cares about music at all. (The most irksome 'music' EVER played was that 'beach-bop organ muzak' intro into Vicky's Crayfish Dinner. I cringed then ran away from my tv.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:24 AM

Briana has had to deal with her mother becoming a Bravolebrity, divorcing the only dad she really had, and now dating this guy.

And...Vicki isn't technically divorced. Perhaps Briana isn't thrilled with all the "love tank" stuff being spewed on national television by her religious (remember all those Signs of the Cross and church comments?) and very, very prim (can't speak so many normal body-part words)still-married parent.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:51 AM

One thing I forgot to mention upthread was how positively irksome Brooks was last night. Why the hell does every statement that comes out of his mouth sound like it was memorized off a fortune cookie? I'm so freaking tired of his pontificating about the greater meaning of life. He is so disingenuous and I'm glad Tamra has his number.

I think I reached my fill when he and Vicki were at Little Olive Garden and he said that tired old trite thing about a "house being a home". I cannot believe Vicki so eagerly laps up these turdlets he drops!

I love how Vicki keeps referring to the smaller house as the one she bought when Jeana Keough was her realtor. Passively blaming her for for Vicki being saddled with an overpriced home idling on the market??? It's always "Jeana Keough", too. Full name in case we forget who she is talking to and to make sure Jeana's reputation gets tarnished, I'm sure.

The way Vicki tells it, Jeana lied to her about the house's value appreciating and somehow knew there would be a real estate crash in 2008.

Were they really playing music from this show as part of their performance, or was it overlaid b/c Bravo didn't want to pay royalties for what was really playing?

Tamra said on WWHL that hearing Gretchen while watching the show sounded way different than hearing her live with the live music, and even said to them Gretchen sounded good. She said it might have been because the music was so loud though so, I guess the music could have been drowning Gretchen out and they didn't hear how bad she was. It would explain their congratulations and telling Gretchen how good she was. Also, you could tell that the music that was playing on the show wasn't the music that the PCDs were singing to when Gretchen and Slade first went to see them practice that time. That's why it sounded so weird whenever they had one of the girls singing loudly, but on the show they were playing that weird sax/flute? music that didn't match what they were singing at all. So I think Bravo very well might not have wanted to pay royalties for the real accompaniment to Gretchen's singing.

Yeah, I watched the repeat last night and confirmed that they seemed to be dancing to the "getting busy" music this show plays during the appropriate scenes.

juliaz3

juliaz3

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:49 AM

Say what you want about Vicki, but she worked her butt off for her kids for the last 20 years, and I don't think she deserved this.

When I actually watched the "bomb" drop on Vicki, I was amazed at her composure. She was clearly ready to freak out, but she held herself together. I swear I could hear her thinking, "And you got married without a pre-nup!" Say what you want about Vicki, she watches her money and I'm sure she is worried that Briana will come out the loser in case of a divorce. Not that Briana has money now, but maybe Vicki is worried about down the road, what Briana might have acquired (mainly, a house), what she may leave to Briana, etc. I thought we'd get a full-on head-shakin', crossing herself, shrieking fit from Vicki but she was so stunned -- and hurt -- that she couldn't play that role. We got Vicki's real and honest reaction, total shock, hurt and anger.

I'd feel the same way as Vicki. My impression is that was the first time she even met Ryan, right? He and Briana should know that a "drive through" Las Vegas wedding would hurt Vicki and also harm his entrance into the family. Yes, Briana is an adult and has a real job. That doesn't mean she is not immature. (Also, I have a strong feeling that alcohol was involved and I think Vicki does, too.) If she still wants the full-on wedding as she said, then why did Briana need a Vegas wedding? On the other hand, Briana may feel that already being married will give her more control over an eventual family and friends ceremony.

Dreamz

Dreamz

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:24 AM

If so, then I can imagine that Vicki's relationship with Brooks is one of the many reasons Briana eloped and married without telling Vicki. Briana has had to deal with her mother becoming a Bravolebrity, divorcing the only dad she really had, and now dating this guy. My opinion is that Briana was looking for someone to cling to and met Ryan. Whether he'll be a good husband, well, time will tell, but I truly hope so. Briana seems very drawn to the military and to a lifestyle very different from her mom's.

This. I was just going to post the exact same thing, you have articulated it much better. I also feel this was Brianna's way of giving her mother the bird for all these years of micro-managing and interference. My two cents is that Brianna cannot stand Brooks or she sees right through him and probably warned Vicki but Vicki refused to pay heed hence the big f-off to her. I also hope Brianna made the decision after a lot of thought and not just to spite her mother.

Alexis seems genuinely to be a nice person, not catty or hurtful. I like her even though I don't agree with her on everything. She wants to improve her TV performance and I wish Jim were as supportive of her as the Dr. is of Heather. Maybe if Jim is so against the acting coach, Alexis will ask Heather for a couple of private lessons in how to work with the camera, deliver lines, etc.

From day one, I have seen Alexis try to be a good person, whether it's real or phony I cannot tell. But I can honestly say that she is nowhere as vile as Tamra, nowhere as catty as Gretchen and nowhere as bitchy as Vicki. And for that reason she will always be a favourite with me after Jeana and Tammy K. Even though her TV segment "Dr.Booty" was atrocious I still don't mind her at all.

PaganChick

PaganChick

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

She wants to improve her TV performance and I wish Jim were as supportive of her as the Dr. is of Heather.

I was thinking about those two scenes and I have to say, I don't think Terry was being all that supportive of Heather. I mean, he said all of the right things. But, I think he was saying those things because he knew that the chance of her actually working again were very very slim. So, it didn't cost him anything to play the supportive role. Considering it was his idea that they do this show, I seriously doubt he would be willing to move to Canada so that his wife could pursue an acting career. I think he is like Jim in that he wants her to be a stay at home mom, but unlike Jim he is too worried about how he would come across if he actually said the words.

I just get a really phony vibe from him.

rivermet

rivermet

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:19 AM

In the end, I think Brianna eloped because she didn't want to have to deal with the very real, fair questions about her relationship that her mother - any mother - would likely have. I mean Ryan got divorced like 10 months before and then spent months in Afghanistan. Have they even dated in real normal life to see if they are compatible? Nope! But they are married now. Not what I considere to be real mature. And Brianna eloped so she wouldn't have to answer or even face those concerns.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:48 AM

That whole thing was a charade, and you can't tell me that she didn't look like a smug thing sitting there sipping wine and laughing about how they got married in a drive-through. Say what you want about Vicki, but she worked her butt off for her kids for the last 20 years, and I don't think she deserved this.

My mom was a single mom too, and is a lot like Vicki. She's controlling, but she cares. Briana has to know this about Vicki. I think this whole thing was done with the intent of hurting her mother, and I don't think that's right.

ITA with everything, but this bolded point in particular. I also think she just wanted to avoid the reality of the situation and the legitimate concerns that Vicki would have. It was just done so immaturely, and it just makes me SMH because Brianna is my favorite RH kid. I always thought she was extremely level-headed. Backpacking through Europe on impulse because you want to seize the day and grab life by the balls, that's one thing. But getting married? It's certainly not something to take lightly.

In the grand scheme of things, Vicki was not a horrible mother. Brianna and Michael had pretty nice childhoods and were blessed several times over in many regards. I don't care how much Vicki shrieks or fusses, she did right by her kids, and the proof is in how well-adjusted they are.

Edited by PharmGal10, May 3, 2012 @ 8:51 AM.

juliaz3

juliaz3

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

And Brianna eloped so she wouldn't have to answer or even face those concerns.

I agree with this completely. Brianna is too smart to not realize Vicki would question her closely about her relationship with Ryan and "just who is he and how well do you know him?" IMO, she's had a "moment" of immaturity (and I really believe it was alcohol-aided) and impulsiveness and took it too far. Has she seriously considered what marriage to someone she basically hasn't even dated means? I don't think so.

When Brianna mentioned "life is short" I got insight into what she was feeling also, and what fed into this sudden elopement. She really was scared about the cancer. Much more than we saw because we saw so much of her trying to play it down to keep Vicki relatively calm. People who go through these serious life events can often make emotional and irrational decisions afterward.

Yes, there was also a bit of "F.U. to mom" behind it, I can't help but think that. I feel for Vicki because marriage is legally binding and a huge step that should never be taken so casually. Vicki has seem Brianna deal with so much, and now anticipates this marriage won't turn out well and her daughter will get hurt.

Edited to add: I noticed a scar on Ryan's forehead. He's served two tours in Afghanistan, right? I wonder if he was injured at some point and has the same "life is short" philosophy as Brianna. I could easily see that. And in a way it makes me sympathetic toward them and their marriage, but the previous marriage and divorce is still a cause for concern.

Edited by juliaz3, May 3, 2012 @ 9:21 AM.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:20 AM

According to reports Ryan filed for divorce just before he left for Afganistan (December 2010). His divorce became final a lot later. Briana, and him got married in late October 2011, a week after he returned home. They skyped, and probably chatted, and e-mailed each other during his stay in Afganistan. They both claim it was not serious. So, I agree with others that Briana eloped because she wanted to avoid facing Vicki's concerns regarding the whole affair.

It's funny the couple took professional engagement photos after they were married!

AaroniusLives

AaroniusLives

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

The Alexis moment got even better when, after the coach told her that the fire was out and everybody got out safe, Alexis said "Oh, thank god". What a friggin' moron.

As Kathy Griffin says, that was a hug from Jesus.

(LOVED IT, and found it endearing and kinda sweet, if insanely stupid and dumb.)

I love how Vicki keeps referring to the smaller house as the one she bought when Jeana Keough was her realtor. Passively blaming her for for Vicki being saddled with an overpriced home idling on the market??? It's always "Jeana Keough", too. Full name in case we forget who she is talking to and to make sure Jeana's reputation gets tarnished, I'm sure.

Well, to be fair, that was half of the story she was presenting there, and totally 'Vicki' in its duality. Yes, she was totally throwing Jeana under the bus...and I think conflating the bad investment on Vicki's part with poor friend judgement on Jeana's part (she who let Slade live there and store his stuff post-Jo and pre-Gretch without initially telling Vicki, if I recall correctly.) However, and this is part of why I can't help but like Vicki, the other part of that story was that this was the house that she and Don were going to retire in, and that it's a physical representation of the failure of their marriage.

That whole thing was a charade, and you can't tell me that she didn't look like a smug thing sitting there sipping wine and laughing about how they got married in a drive-through. Say what you want about Vicki, but she worked her butt off for her kids for the last 20 years, and I don't think she deserved this.

My mom was a single mom too, and is a lot like Vicki. She's controlling, but she cares. Briana has to know this about Vicki. I think this whole thing was done with the intent of hurting her mother, and I don't think that's right.

ITA with everything, but this bolded point in particular. I also think she just wanted to avoid the reality of the situation and the legitimate concerns that Vicki would have. It was just done so immaturely, and it just makes me SMH because Brianna is my favorite RH kid. I always thought she was extremely level-headed. Backpacking through Europe on impulse because you want to seize the day and grab life by the balls, that's one thing. But getting married? It's certainly not something to take lightly.

In the grand scheme of things, Vicki was not a horrible mother. Brianna and Michael had pretty nice childhoods and were blessed several times over in many regards. I don't care how much Vicki shrieks or fusses, she did right by her kids, and the proof is in how well-adjusted they are.

So much THIS. Of all of the Housewives, Vicki ranks pretty high on the "good parent" list (although we're clearly grading with a Bravo curve here.) I can fault her with many things, and many of those things no doubt drove/drive her kids up a wall, including the "making it all about me" trait and the "I'm controlling every aspect of your lives" trait. But, c'mon! Still your mother. And still not remotely a bad one. Respect, Fat Vicki Spawn, respect.

BubbleBlower

BubbleBlower

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:46 AM

And Brianna eloped so she wouldn't have to answer or even face those concerns.

I agree with this completely. In my previous post, I totally forgot about the fact that Ryan was married not too long ago and has kids with the woman. After watching the episode, I feel like if Briana started dating this guy and so quickly announced that they were getting married, she would get a lot of unwanted feedback from her family and friends. She would have to answer questions she might not even have answers to herself. She didn't want to think about it, she just wanted to do it. She had a cancer scare, fell in love, decided eloping would be the right thing to do. No need to ask/tell anyone. The end.

This way Briana can just come out and tell everyone "hey guys, I'm married!" and everyone will just have to deal with it. I mean there's really no point in going up to someone who has already done something and asking them "are you sure you want to do this?!". People (other than Vicki) won't have any other choice but to accept her decision and move on, instead of criticizing it for months if Briana chose to spend months and months planning a wedding after announcing their engagement. It takes the stress off of her big time.

It's funny seeing her be so giddy over getting married though. Just last season, she was saying how she doesn't see the point in getting married if it ends up in divorce. A part of me is so excited because Briana seems SO happy, but the other part of me is kinda going "huh... did you not learn from your mother's mistakes?". Vicki has a couple of failed marriages under her belt and she knew the men she was marrying. Kind of weird to see Briana just ignore that whole bit and jump into it. Whatever works, I guess. And hopefully Briana's marriage does work out, unlike her mother's.

I'm neutral about Alexis. I think she's a really, really good friend. But this girl needs to take a breath. She wouldn't be so busy if she didn't make herself busy, if that makes sense. For example, the time she spent 5 minutes rearranging the granola bars (or whatever it was) she had for her kids. The latest example was in the last episode. She knew she would be doing some business at home and will have someone coming over but did nothing to prepare for it. I understand her daughter wasn't feeling well, but you would think she would pop in a movie or change the channel on the television to a show her daughter enjoys BEFORE the person she has business with comes over. It's really not that hard. Instead, she lost a lot of time by running back and forth because her daughter couldn't voice all of her concerns at once and had to wait for Alexis to leave the room before whining about something else.

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed very unprofessional of Alexis to do that. I couldn't imagine how tired she feels at the end of the night from all of that running-in-one-place she does all day.

abbottrabbit

abbottrabbit

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

Yes, Alexis looked relieved that the people were saved! She needs to stick to fitness segments with butt body guy.

Could you mean the eminent Doctor Booty? Due respect, please -- surely the gentleman's credentials are genuine and he holds both a PhD and an M.D. in ... bootyology.

She doesn't talk about anything but herself. She never shows interest in anyone else, other than as a jumping off point to bring the conversation back to her.

I agree to a point -- she does tend to bring things back around to herself pretty quickly -- but on the other hand, she's one of the only people involved in this mess who routinely attempts basic courtesies -- asking Tamara about her surgery and complimenting her on how she looks, always cheering Gretchen on in her latest endeavours, etc.

I wish Jim were as supportive of her as the Dr. is of Heather.

Agreed. There's a lot of back and forth here about whether Alexis's inherent likability trumps her abhorrent worldview or vice versa, and it's something I've gone back and forth myself a few times. I think in the end, I'd like her unreservedly if she'd been brainwashed by less abhorrent people than Jim and whatever snakeoil pastor the two of them are under sway of.

I do like her more this season, when we're seeing her push back with things like continuing her projects, seeing the coach, and "getting different answers" when she and Jim pray over things.

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

Something I think no one has mention as to why Brianna may have eloped so fast is (are?) the privileges and financial benefits that married couples in the military receive.

If Ryan is going to be sent anywhere in the country (or world), Brianna will be able to be stationed with him if they are married. I think married couples get more money, too. There are definitely benefits to being a married couple if one part of the couple is in the military. This is a reason a lot of people in the military get married quickly (and, consequently, why the divorce rate for the military is higher than average). (Please do not take this as an assumption that all married people in the military marry for this reason – I mean no disrespect to our armed forces!)

i'm not saying this is a good reason...

Edited by ILoveIt, May 3, 2012 @ 10:29 AM.

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

Backpacking through Europe on impulse because you want to seize the day and grab life by the balls, that's one thing. But getting married? It's certainly not something to take lightly.

Exactly. It reminds me of that Gilmore Girls episode when Rory tells Paris to do something impulsive, and Paris gets a nose ring. Rory says "I meant like, 'go to two movies in a row, buy a purse, not put a huge hole in your face!"

I felt so sorry for Vicki during that scene, and even more so in the previews for next week when she tells Tamra that she has to support Briana, or she'll lose her. How sad is that?

What bothers me more about this marriage is the fact that children are involved. Now I'm not knocking remarriage or step-families by any means. However, look at the situation closely: he's been deployed twice already. There is a huge chance that he will be seriously wounded or even killed in combat. If that happens, is Briana prepared to maintain a relationship with his children at 25 years old? Maybe. I hope so.

The other thing is that it really irks me is that Briana really wanted to be in the military. She chose not to, but instead married a marine? I have a sinking suspicion that this is also kind of an FU to Vicki. Vicki was not at all supportive of Briana joining the military, but now she has a son-in-law who is an active marine. Whoops!

And I'm sorry, but she doesn't deserve a big wedding. If I eloped, you can be sure as hell that my mom wouldn't foot the bill for a) engagement photos or b) an elaborate wedding party. If she and Ryan are ponying up the cash themselves, that's one thing. I suspect that Vicki is doing all this to show that she's supportive of Briana's decision.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

Vicki is paying for the second, formal wedding (vow renewal) that will take place in Santa Barbara. The cost is almost $50,000 already. And she is trying to be supportive.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

Vicki is nicer than me. If my kid eloped and then came back to throw it in my face immaturely on camera, he/she could pay for their own second wedding on their own dime. If you're grown, that should be no problem.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

And I'm sorry, but she doesn't deserve a big wedding. If I eloped, you can be sure as hell that my mom wouldn't foot the bill for a) engagement photos or b) an elaborate wedding party. If she and Ryan are ponying up the cash themselves, that's one thing. I suspect that Vicki is doing all this to show that she's supportive of Briana's decision.

Briana made the decision to elope and was happy with it. Why have a big ceremony now? If I was Vicki, I would tell her send me an invite and I'll be there. She would be paying for own big ceremony. She knew "It was right" and was fine not telling her mother about it. Her now planning this big ceremony makes me side eye her a bit. She didn't care enough about her mom's feelings and eloped but is fine with Vicki paying big bucks for a 2nd wedding.

rml24601

rml24601

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:15 AM

Am I the only one surprised that Brianna married, well, a dude? I always got a strong lesbian vibe from her; even in earlier seasons when she was dating that guy who dumped her abruptly for someone younger than her.

I also thought that the infamous Jeanna Keough's daughter took a dip in the lady pond, as well. YMMV

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

What bothers me more about this marriage is the fact that children are involved. Now I'm not knocking remarriage or step-families by any means. However, look at the situation closely: he's been deployed twice already. There is a huge chance that he will be seriously wounded or even killed in combat. If that happens, is Briana prepared to maintain a relationship with his children at 25 years old? Maybe. I hope so.

Why should she continue a relationship with his children if something were to happen to Ryan? Does he have partial custody? Full custody? Visitation rights only? Does this presume she'd have to pay his child support should that happen? I don't know that she's even met his children yet.

My thoughts are scattered on this. I'm all for eloping, in general, but this one sort of stinks. It's to conceal an affair, even a long-distance one. It's to hide or prevent Vicki's wrath. It's a result of having a very real cancer scare. (My opinion only.) I think Brianna and Ryan need to own their shit a little bit better. If they want to have a "big" wedding now, blech, pay for it themselves. And I like Brianna, go figure.

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

If they want to have a "big" wedding now, blech, pay for it themselves.

I wonder if they really wanted a big wedding or they are just doing it for their families? Like they hthought Vicki would freak more if they didnt have a big wedding?

IckiVicki

IckiVicki

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

What makes anyone think that Brianna even wants this big wedding blow-out? It was Vicki who was "embarrassed and disgusted" with the elopement, believing Brianna deserved better. SHE is the one who wants the big fancy wedding, not Brianna, so let her pay for it. Bravo loves a wedding and of course we'll get to see the Vickster in all her glory at her wedding....oooppps, I mean Brianna's wedding.

alamobecky

alamobecky

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

Vicki is paying for the second, formal wedding (vow renewal) that will take place in Santa Barbara. The cost is almost $50,000 already

OMG, when will people understand that marriage is not about the wedding!! If Vicki spends $100,000, does that give the marriage twice the chance of being successful? The splashy weddings, the vow renewals, the grand gestures such as gifting your wife a diamond-encrusted Rolex (in front of all your friends, of course), mean absolutely nothing in terms of a happy, long-term (aka lifetime) marriage. The day-to-day kindnesses, yes. The respect shown each other morning to night, yes. Brianna and Ryan got to know each other primarily through Skype? Please. I'd love to be proven wrong, but once the giddiness has lifted, I'm afraid Brianna will have her first failed marriage under her belt.

Watt DeFark

Watt DeFark

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

Gretchen should never be allowed to sing again. That is all.

I gave up on this show last year, I just come here to be amused by the snark (thanks, posters!). But they showed Gretchen's caterwauling on "The Soup" last night and holy crap on a cracker! That was the worst.singing.ever.

Picky Eater

Picky Eater

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

It didn't read as smug at all to me. To me, it seemed like nervous laughter while awaiting the predictable negative reaction. I think she knew Vicki was going to be upset and was trying to keep the conversation on a positive level.

That having been said, I still think Vicki had a right to be upset and was quite impressed that her head didn't explode right then and there. Although it was very Vicki-ish when she announced to Ryan that (paraphrasing) she had been a role model for Brianna in just about every way, and then waited for Ryan to agree before continuing on to say except in being committed to someone for life. And, am I remembering correctly that she followed that up with "Yet!" as if there might be a third marriage at some point in the future...?

I like Brianna generally, but I question the decision to get married in a drive-through. Really...? You couldn't even be bothered to park the car and go inside for 5 minutes?

Edited by Picky Eater, May 3, 2012 @ 12:18 PM.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

Please. I'd love to be proven wrong, but once the giddiness has lifted, I'm afraid Brianna will have her first failed marriage under her belt.

I agree. There's a big difference between a long distance relationship/teeny bopper romance and setting up house with someone and making a marriage work. Eventually the shine wears off and you have to figure out how to work around differences, ignore irritating habits, handle finances and all the other not so glamorous things a relationship entails.

I don't see this working out longterm, and I can't put my finger on it but there's just something about Ryan I don't like. I wish I could put it into words.

Edited by LaffyTaffy, May 3, 2012 @ 12:06 PM.