The Real Housewives of Orange County

• Please log in to reply

48493 replies to this topic

Gore girl

Gore girl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 7:53 AM

I wish Gretchen would dump Slade. He is such a self-promoter and is using her to keep himself in front of the camera. I am starting to dislike her because of him. Can't watch them. He makes my blood boil.

I was totally rolling my eyes at the TV when Slade started his speech on how Gretchen has this amazing stage presence - I was like "Oh yeah Slade, is that what you said to Jo?" He is such a TOOL. Gretchen needs to come to her senses and jump off of Team Slade, pronto. This guy is such a looser.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:38 AM

I had to laugh when Heather and Terry asked their kids what kind of food to serve in this alleged restaurant they're going to open and were more-or-less told to open a Boston Market. Ha-HA! (a la Nelson).

Also, her gossipy, bitchy husband made a cavalier remark about getting investors and if it fails, oh well.

OK, so I didn't imagine that! Do those turkeys think it grows on trees?

Yeah, right. It's more like, "Hey, wouldn't it be fun to have a restaurant. You know, a place that's ours where we could go whenever we want and take people and tell them it's ours!"

You mean like the ones owned by other reality show celebrities, like the "Douchebag Group", with some guys from Big Brother? hey, maybe they should look into investing with that group! How weird was it for Vicki to be the sole voice of reason?

Edited by ubi, Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:41 AM.

tortfeasor521

tortfeasor521

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

Count me as another who hates agreeing with Vicki, but DAMN, this restaurant thing is insane. Heather kept saying, "But for real, we are totally BEST friends, we don't need a legal agreement." Seriously? Marriages have broken up over opening restaurants (like, for real, "totally best" marriages too), husbands have had wives murdered, siblings have had siblings murdered, family feuds and best-friend-feuds have gone on for decades over running restaurants.

My grandparents owned and ran a local restaurant, and believe me, Heather and her "totally best friends" will no longer consider themselves "totally best friends" a few years down the line, even if things are going WELL. ("Well, my husband contributed 28% of the start-up cost, versus 25% from yours, so why are we getting equal profits??") Not at least having a legal agreement going into it is immature and unrealistic.

Someone a few pages back said that Tamra was rude to say nice things to Heather and her friend but then talk smack about them in her talking heads. I don't believe she actually did the latter. All of the talking heads spliced in during the restaurant ordeal just showed Tamra doing something like rolling her eyes and saying, "Yeah, okay, whatever." The editors could have pulled that from ANYTHING. I even made note of it while watching-- I couldn't find any spliced-in TH where Tamra specifically mentioned anything about Heather or the restaurant, so I refuse to believe that they just magically line up with Tamra's beliefs about the restaurant issue.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

Someone a few pages back said that Tamra was rude to say nice things to Heather and her friend but then talk smack about them in her talking heads. I don't believe she actually did the latter. All of the talking heads spliced in during the restaurant ordeal just showed Tamra doing something like rolling her eyes and saying, "Yeah, okay, whatever." The editors could have pulled that from ANYTHING.

I choose to believe Tamra’s gestures were directed towards Heather’s blonde friends because Tamra has shown over and over that she hates all young hot blondes that she comes in contact with. After all, we’re talking about someone who stated more than once that she is the “Hottest Housewife” and has an ego as big as the day is long. I think she really was throwing shade at Heather’s friends because they were both younger, blonder and hotter than Tamra.

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:39 PM

Just dropping by to say that the only housewife with a blog this week is Sarah Winchester. And I actually loled at work reading one of the comments:

I'm sure you're a nice person, but I like others have no idea who you are. Where are the other ladies blogs?

She makes good points, though - that it was silly of Heather to blame Vicki's personal life for her negative view of the restaurant. Seriously? That's like when a little kid blames their mom or dad for their getting hurt!

And I can't believe that none of those woman wanted to draw up a business agreement. Seriously? I'm sure as hell that all those women, probably Heather included, signed pre-nups. Why are they acting so demure about merging business and friendship?

Edited by misschung, Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:42 PM.

simbared

simbared

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

Speaking of blogs, Heather is apparently a Guest Blogger for an OC website, and says she's taken some heat from locals regarding her comments about OC restaurants. So she has invited the website's readers to prove her wrong and tell her where to go:

http://www.orangecou...st-heather.html

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

Sarah Winchester = Dana from RHOBH. She's been shown on 1 episode so far. Why the heck is she posting a blog every week about events she was not at or mentioned? Famewhore to the 100000 degree.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

I think Heather is elitist and slightly obnoxious, but I think her accomplishments are something of which to be proud. If her Wikipedia entry is to be believed, she's at least more educated and had more success than the majority of the other wives:

Heather Paige Kent, also known as Heather DuBrow, (born January 5, 1969) is a Jewish-American actress noted for her television roles. She was born in the Bronx and grew up in Chappaqua, New York. In 1990 she received a BFA from Syracuse University. From 2000 to 2002 she starred in the CBStelevision drama That's Life as Lydia DeLucca. She also composed the show's theme song, "Learnin' As I Go," used in the second season. Starting in February, 2012, she became the newest cast member on the Bravo TV series The Real Housewives of Orange County.

Edited by tvallthetime, Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:11 PM.

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:00 AM

I would give anything if I could see what these women see when they look in the mirror because it can’t be what really is.

I think what happens (and what will end up happening to Alexis eventually) is they get a procedure, think they look a bit different at first, but then see themselves in the mirror every day and get used to it. They begin to minimize the massive changes they've already made, and so decide it is time for another procedure, and the whole thing just quickly gets out of hand.

meanbutnice

meanbutnice

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:57 AM

Heather and her husband ping my annoyance bone something fierce. She clearly thinks she's better than the other ladies, and Terry is just a little too into this whole thing. It's the little things that bother me, and the way he said "Baby Collette" in this last episode made me cringe. Ugh, the two of them in general make me cringe. AND, Heather's face is getting tougher and tougher to look at.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 7:38 AM

Heather thinking Vicki was being "negative" about their restaurant idea because she said they needed a written business agreement was laughable. Vicky is not being negative, she's being smart. None of those women have a CLUE about the restaurant business or what it entails so I hope this is all just a story line drummed up by Bravo. Heather thinking that it will give her something to do while her kids are in school? Starting a restaurant and making it successful means you pretty much live there for at least the first year. She needs to have a conversation with Lisa Vanderpump on this subject.

Jamie38

Jamie38

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:26 AM

Terry and Heather certainly seem like famewhores to me, so I don't think that there's any way they are "above" this show since they probably would have gone on any of Bravo's nightmare productions. Hope this hasn't been mentioned, but if anyone has netflix streaming you can check out Terry on Bridalplasty. The show is about brides who compete to win plastic surgeries. It also happens to be the worst show I've ever seen.

Edited by Jamie38, Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:28 AM.

simbared

simbared

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

Wouldn't it be ironic if Heather did open a restaurant, and 90% of her patrons sent their food back because it wasn't prepared to their liking?

Diane Chambers

Diane Chambers

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

None of those women have a CLUE about the restaurant business or what it entails so I hope this is all just a story line drummed up by Bravo.

If I recall correctly, Heather approached Bravo about doing a reality show surrounding the restaurant start-up, and Bravo suggested she join RHOC. So no, it's not a Bravo-instigated storyline.

Watt DeFark

Watt DeFark

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Wouldn't it be ironic if Heather did open a restaurant, and 90% of her patrons sent their food back because it wasn't prepared to their liking?

Wouldn't it be ironic if she opened a restaurant, lost money, and ended up on Kitchen Nightmares?

Hmmm....

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

Love it! I suspect, however, that she'd never "get it".

Wouldn't it be ironic if she opened a restaurant, lost money, and ended up on Kitchen Nightmares?

I was thinking of something more like The Restaurant (with that asshole chef Rocco Despiro).

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

If Vicki is so worried about Briana's health/surgery I find it odd that she made the time and effort to dress up...in costume no less...to attend the bunco party and to go to Heather's lunch to film with the others. I don't know very many moms who would take off for a party the night before and day after a child's major surgery.

It's all for show--she used Briana's health to bring attention to herself as usual. I hope Briana has some support that is real coming from someone in her life.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

I hope she trains that waitstaff in always handing people a closed menu.

Centerfold

Centerfold

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

I think what happens (and what will end up happening to Alexis eventually) is they get a procedure, think they look a bit different at first, but then see themselves in the mirror every day and get used to it. They begin to minimize the massive changes they've already made, and so decide it is time for another procedure, and the whole thing just quickly gets out of hand.

I agree. And after watching Adrienne's husband on the Beverly Hills Housewives, I get the impression that the plastic surgeons themselves push the idea of more procedures. Combine that with the vanity of women like Alexis and the cat lady look is just around the corner.

iluvtv313

iluvtv313

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

If Vicki is so worried about Briana's health/surgery I find it odd that she made the time and effort to dress up...in costume no less...to attend the bunco party and to go to Heather's lunch to film with the others. I don't know very many moms who would take off for a party the night before and day after a child's major surgery.

Seriously. I couldn't believe she showed up on the tarmac in her Louboutins to board that helicopter. Yes, Brianna may have just been "sleeping," but that's when she needs someone the most! What happens when she wakes up in severe pain and no one is there? Vicki could have been jetskiing and barbecuing at Bass Lake for all I care--she wasn't there for her daughter.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

she wasn't there for her daughter

I sorta figured the boyfriend was there really watching out for Brianna and Brianna was doing the filming as a favor for Vicki and picking up a bit of cash for herself while she was at it. I'm sure Vicki would have done anything she could for B but Vic didn't want to highlight a guy being at her unwed (at the time) daughter's home cuz she's uptight that way and he wasn't part of their "story" then either. That's my read on it.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Vicki used Briana's illness as her storyline. It's this, and "filling her love tank". She cannot keep talking about "working" forever. I posted earlier that Briana's boyfriend was probably in her house helping her recuparate. They eloped within a week, or two after this.

Bravo didn't support Heather's idea regarding a show about a restaurant ran by friends, so she became an OC HW cast member. The opening of a restaurant is a storyline. The women were clueless even about discussing some basics of the business. It's possible she hopes she can have a spin off at some point, and eliminate the distasteful company of the other HWs at the same time. HWs like Bethenny Frankel, Kim Zolciak, and Kandi Burruss have their own shows, and Lisa Vanderpump had a pilot filmed, but it was not picked up.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

NoPityFL ~ We're thinking the same thing. (sorry I missed your take earlier)

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

"filling her love tank".

How vomit inducing was it to hear Vicki coo to Brooks that she needs him to fly to her to fill her love tank? Wonder if Vicki was so sweet and nice to Donn in the beginning? I'd say "watch out Brooks" but I get the feeling that he's really in the driver's seat in this relationship and he's just in it for his 15 minutes.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

I thought Heather and her friends were ridiculous. "We just want a place to hang out together/This is such an adventure/We don't need a business agreement..We are all best friends!!" WHAT!!! Vicki can be subtle as a freight train about some things but I thought her commentary on the restaurant was dead on. When she said if they go through with it, they'll all hate it each other in a year, I firmly agreed.

Thank goodness Bravo knew not to pursue a show about their restaurant planning. Heather doesn't strike me as someone that could pull off a whole show, her friends either. If Heather is going for a spinoff one day she's playing it wrong. She doesn't come off as approachable, likeable, funny or interesting. I think she was going for "Witty, down to earth wife - mom with the fabulous life". She wanted to be the peanut gallery. The person viewers love because she says what they're thinking(like Bethanny in the old days). She comes across as snobby, condescending, mean girl following bitch.

Something else that bugs me about Heather...During her THs whenever she delivers what she must think is funny or insightful. She does this kinda lean forward, shocked, wide-eyed, "Aint I funny/Am I right" kinda thing. The frozen face though just makes her look crazy.

deadpanlady

deadpanlady

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

Did you catch the shot one of Heather's buddies took (at Tamra) when she was talking about how they all love each other? She said something like, "We don't throw drinks..." (I tried to see if anyone posted that, and I didn't see it.)

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

I caught the "We don't throw drinks" line..Hahaha I think Heather along with her friends have watched every episode of the show. So Heather "acting" like she doesn't know what's going on is even more fake. Her shocked behavior and pearl clutching is BS, she knew exactly what she signed up for.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

Seriously. I couldn't believe she showed up on the tarmac in her Louboutins to board that helicopter.

Is Vicki wearing the latest style...having one's toes protrude an inch over the end of the shoes?

Linky Loo

Linky Loo

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

Lisa Vanderpump had a pilot filmed, but it was not picked up.

Lisa is witty and has a large fan following. Heather doesn't have either of those things going, plus no business sense. I guess it would have train wreck/restaurant debacle potential. How fast can a restaurant go out of business?

AladdinSane

AladdinSane

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

Whoever upthread said that Heather resembles a Seuss 'Whoville' escapee nailed it.
Some of her TH's look straight out of central casting.
(Not hatin-just sayin)

Sadly, a '...we have a restaurant!...' storyline on a RH franchise makes sense in the world of the Bravo brand, IMO.
The insufferable S9 of Top Chef had all the bitchiness of a 'veteran' RH franchise.

Bravo also tried to introduce some RH:Dallas wannabes in an early TC episode titled: 'Don't be Tardy for the Dinner Party'. <obvious?>

IMHO it was an attempt to take the temperature of a RHo Dallas franchise which, perhaps because of the Dirt Sandwiches that auditioned, and/and the general unpleasantness that was TC:TX, it looks like that RH franchise may be shelved-for now.

I can imagine Andy having delusions of a 'crossover appeal' (in small doses to start...) and now bringing some Top Chef to RH.

I would imagine there are some Chef Tyler Stone™ types that would give their eye-teeth to 'work' at Heather & Co's 'restaurant'.