The Real Housewives of Orange County

• Please log in to reply

48387 replies to this topic

LabLover27

LabLover27

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Okay, I will lay off Alexis. But can I please just ask one more thing? Did anyone else notice in all the doc scenes, pre-op, post-op, Alexis's lips look like they have permanent liner and shade? Okay, I'm done.

My dear sweet grandma asked for her eyebrows to be permanent. I paid for it for her. It has always cracked me up. But they look just like Alexis's lips..almost blue! LOL! Is this the same thing Alexis had done to her lips?

And the fact that Brianna wanted to recover in her own home, instead of with her mother....leads down to the road of eloping. We all understand Brianna.

Edited by LabLover27, Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:52 PM.

KittyMarthaPoo

KittyMarthaPoo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

I have to laugh that Tamra says she's no longer insecure and thus has no need for big breasts to boost her confidence - instead, she's "using her mind"? Really?

I know, right? Tamra, let us know how that's working out for you...

Heather said she valued Vicki's opinion since she started her own business....but then didn't seem to like it when Vicki told her the honest truth. I can't stand people who claim that they want you to be honest but then get all upset if you don't sit there, nod, & smile. I agree with Vicki that this restaurant does sound like a recipe for disaster seeing as these women have no restaurant experience.

Gretchen announced that knows she is meant to perform & be on stage. I feel a stripper pole probably would be the best outlet for her limited talents.

May I also remind us all that the Pussycat Dolls are world-renouned, lest we forget ;)

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

I enjoyed Vicki standing by the "quiet hospital zone" sign. I wish someone could impersonate God and give Vicki the option to give up her voice to save Brianna. I know she offered her life 10x over but a mute Vicki would be more fun. Such a black hole of suck.

POSERS. That's Heather and her husband. The scene Heather made in the restaurant when her husband cracked a joke that she didn't cook. Then it looks like she calls Boston Market and he picks it up on the way home and her contribution (besides calling in the order) is putting it on plates? Not impressed by the grinch at all. Besides the scary plastic surgery face, I don't like the way she snaps at her husband or children nor how condescending either of them are. "Pet project" my ass. Like they have 650K to 1M to throw away to keep her busy for a year. Who y'all fooling? Go to RHoA with your poser selves.

Gretchen already lining up excuses. "I hurt my voice screeching at Vicki at the Bunco party". And putting herself in the company of Pink and Xtina? Puhlease.

eta: say ain't save

Edited by Lola16, Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:25 PM.

rothers27

rothers27

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

As far as Bravo's attempt to compare Brianna and Alexis post-surgery-- (I thought it was weak.

Comparing Alexis and Brianna, two completely different people with different lives is ridiculous. Brianna is absolutely nothing like Alexis, they have totally different lives and personalities. In fact, the fact that Biranna wanted no one around her I found kind of sad.

winnter

winnter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

Gretchen stating she was following in the footsteps of Pink, Christina Aguillera......

bwhwahhahahahhaaha

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I thought it was funny how Heather bemoaned all the chain restaurants in town and there she is, serving her family something from Boston Market!

I'm not sure what shocked me more: the Pussycat Sluts are still around or Robin Anton's appearance.

rothers27

rothers27

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Their broke because Jim went bankrupt trying to keep up his appearance of having the most beautiful wife in OC.

Maire

Maire

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Vicki finally gave some wise advice to the "Best friends forever" who love each other so, "Run! Just be friends, pretend you did it but don't really do it!"

If I didn't think the restaurant was fake and all in their heads I would give it more thought but that is a non-starter if I ever saw one.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Alexis' fedora and sunglasses combo cracked me up.

SparkleGirl

SparkleGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

I think Alexis would have just done so much better to say to everyone, "I'm getting my nose done" and leave it at that.

Having all this drama about it is just because there is probably nothing of any interest going on in her life....its filler.

14 years ago, I wanted a nose job. I found a good plastic surgeon, went in for a consult, he said you have a deviated septum, so insurance covered half and I paid the rest. No big deal.

Alexis is disingenuous in her anxiety about her nose and defensiveness over getting work done on it given how huge her fake tits are.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 6:20 AM

I had to laugh when Vicki, after taking that helicopter ride ro LA(?), called Brooks and tried to convince him to buy one so she, I mean he and their kids, could commute between OC and Mississippi.

juniebaby

juniebaby

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 7:03 AM

I also noticed Alexis' lips and they did look purplish and lined. It does look like it was tatooed on. Friends male or female with no restaurant knowledge or even cooking knowledge should not go into the restaurant business. They are just looking for a place to hangout and something to make them feel important. I think they would be better off opening up a clothing boutique.

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 7:10 AM

Alexis looked like Michael Jackson after his nosejob with that fedora and huge sunglasses. All she was missing was the gigantic umbrella. And did Jim really say "I home made this." What is he, in kindergarden?

Heather claims to be a classy, worldy woman - yet she serves her family oily takeout chicken. Yuck! That's a very new money thing to do. Imagine being one of her kids and seeing that face coming towards you to kiss you goodnight. I would be terrified. I also hate how none of these kids have manners. This is what happens when you have other people raise your kids. I chuckled when Heather compared being on a movie set 15 hours a day to the work involved in opening a restaurant. There aren't many transferable skills between acting and being an entrepreneur, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't understand why Tamra was on Vicki's case about taking her call outside. Isn't that the polite thing to do? I wouldn't sit at a lunch table and take a personal call.

I also wasn't upset that Briana wanted to be by herself after surgery. Not only did the poor girl have cameras in her face during the car ride to the hospital, but she probably spent a week in the hospital being woken up every 2 hours by nurses to check her vitals. She prb just wanted to relax in her own bed.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 7:58 AM

I love that Heather says opening a million dollar restaurant is a "pet project."

Also, her gossipy, bitchy husband made a cavalier remark about getting investors and if it fails, oh well. If they’re so high and mighty with Richy Rich money, why don’t they use it to start the restaurant instead of gambling with other people’s. The air of superiority between these two just makes me fume. You would think they’re wiping their asses with 100 dollar bills the way they carry on.

wideright

wideright

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:04 AM

I think the Brianna recovery and the Alexis recovery comparison was the editing monkeys at work. Didn't Brianna say to Vicki that she hadn't showered in 5 days (correct me if I misheard this)? I'm sure her surgery was not outpatient and she was in the hospital a few days. The Alexis recovery was likely the day of the surgery or the immediate day afterwards, and a number of those plastic surgery practices will have a visiting nurse come right after because they are sending you home, not having you stay being watched overnight. No matter what type of surgery you have, you can't compare nearly a week later versus that day. Not to compare Brianna's situation with Alexis' - just pointing out that I think editing was involved.

Vicki is annoying and Debbie Downer for sure - but - Heather specifically stated that they had invited her along so that they could get her input because she had also started her own business. It would actually be meaner if she hadn't stated her (likely correct) opinion about this venture.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:07 AM

Briana didn't want Bravo to continue filming her while recuperating (who would?). I think her boyfriend would be there anyway.

There is a promo for next week's episode where Briana informs Vicki about something. It could be about her thyroid (if it had cancerous nodules), or her getting "engaged". Briana lied to Vicki- she said she was engaged, and she was married already.

Somebody has to inform Vicki that helicopters are not great for long flights (they are slow among other things). That's why they are airplanes.

Alexis has a lip tattoo.

She never mentioned any problems with her sinuses but just before the operation. She stated on the show before that she wanted to have a nose job. And she thought that the improvement in her appearance was going to help with her "news anchoring job"....

About 80% of new restaurants close in three years even when the economy is great. Vicki was accurate in informing the ladies regarding the dangers of starting a new business especially now.

I've noticed Heather's Boston Market takeout like everybody else! So, she is the one with the "sophisticated" culinary taste, isn't she? Not that I have anything against Boston Market, but I don't participate in a reality show pretending I'm superior to everybody else.

Tamra had a problem with Vicki even answering Brooks' phone call. She thought she should wait, and not do it immediately, thus the comments about Brooks making her jump through hoops, or something of the sort.

Gretchen was hilarious about not being able to sing (in the future) with the Pussycat Dolls after her recent screaming match with Vicki. What's her excuse on Andy Cohen's live show in February where she couldn't sing her itunes song, or even remember the lyrics? It was many months after the 80s party.

Edited by NoPityFL, Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:30 AM.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:20 AM

I love the way Tamra was all, “Oh, these ladies are so nice and there’s no drama and they don’t cut each other down, and blah, blah, blah…” when talking about Heather and her friends to Vicki in the limo, but her talking heads were mocking them and making snide remarks about them. I’m convinced that Tamra hates ALL younger, prettier blondes, it doesn’t matter if they’re in the cast or not. She’s a jealous shrew whose ship has sailed but she’s too stubborn and disillusioned to realize she’s not a young hottie anymore.

I know this is tre superficial, but I was literally fixated with Robin Anton’s face. She is just a few surgeries away from Jocelyn Wildenstein territory. I would give anything if I could see what these women see when they look in the mirror because it can’t be what really is. I can’t believe anybody would want to look like that on purpose. She looked hideous. Her eyes were just slits and she didn’t have any noticeable human features left if you ask me. I would have sworn she was wearing a mask. If Alexis is smart, she’ll quit with the surgeries NOW while she’s ahead. Otherwise, it’s just a matter of time before she reaches Robin Anton’s facial status.

Edited by swankie, Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:33 AM.

ramby

ramby

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:35 AM

When Vikki was in the car bringing her daughter to surgery she kept saying she was gonna throw up and then she would immediately look to Briana for her reaction. UGH...that really ticked me off. She was just doing that to prove to Briana that she loves her and is worried about her but that's NOT how to show someone your concern. Poor kid was probably scared enough and Vikki was making it worse! She's such an idiot! I think she so desperately just wanted to prove something to Briana because at the reunion last season Vikki mentioned how angry Briana was with her. On the other hand, Vikki's comments to Heather were spot on. Six women running a restaurant together and Heather can't even cook!! That's very scary! Couldn't they find a better way to waste money. Geez.

I believe Alexis when she said she needed the surgery especially after watching the doc perform surgery and listening to his comments.

MSea

MSea

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

Does Vicki feel any sense of guilt for what she put Jeff through when he was in his last days on earth? She wants Gretchen to respect that her child might have thyroid cancer? Here's a thought, you self-involved shrew, how about looking in a mirror. Life gives you back what you give off. The karma is undeniable here. And why you are in the mirror, ask yourself, what am I doing that my own daughter would rather be alone and suffering than with me? I'll bet you money that her dad came in that door the second Vicki left.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

I also wasn't upset that Briana wanted to be by herself after surgery. Not only did the poor girl have cameras in her face during the car ride to the hospital, but she probably spent a week in the hospital being woken up every 2 hours by nurses to check her vitals.

Didn't you mean "... being woken up every 2 hours by Vicki for a 'bed check'"?

Gretchen was hilarious about not being able to sing (in the future) with the Pussycat Dolls

Well, it's not like the Pussycat Dollsd can sing either...

SugarMagnolia83

SugarMagnolia83

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:17 AM

Jesus Christ. Robin Antin- woof! She epitomizes "rode hard and put away wet". She looks like a fucking NIGHTMARE. She is bordering on Wildenstein territory.

Heather's baby daughter Collette was absolutely delicious to look at. Those chunky, chubby legs were asking to be nibbled on (I just realized how terrible that sounded!). I actually quite like Heather and Terry. Yea, they're rich and pretentious, but I definitely feel the love between them. I like Heather's snarky, acerbic, biting remarks. It's kind of refreshing to hear someone say something sharp and witty and meaningful on this franchise.

I'm sorry Tamra, but your boobs aren't THAT big. They're big, but they're not gigantic. I've seen WAAAAAY bigger. Actually, I think they're quite nice looking for implants and I found myself feeling a little envious (I'm a small B-cup). And that hair! She has those long, 80's, angel wing bangs. Her hair reminds me of Sue Bob's in "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia". I just want to rip out her extensions and give her a shoulder length bob with some low lights.

Edited because Alexis and Heather are two completely different people.

Edited by SugarMagnolia83, Mar 21, 2012 @ 1:17 PM.

amyingeorgia

amyingeorgia

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

Alexis has a lip tattoo.

Is that what the purple outline was around her lips? I noticed the purple line when she was at the doctor at her follow-up appt. I couldn't figure out what in the world that line was. Why purple? I did not enjoy seeing photos of her nasal mucous plug. Bravo could have spared us that gem. Gross. I wonder if her voice will change now that she has had a half pound of snot taken out of her sinus? And thanks editors for reminding me that Jim is such a prize.

Amanda Rachel

Amanda Rachel

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

"Run! Just be friends, pretend you did it but don't really do it!"

I can't stand Vicki, but this was brilliant. As is the idea of Heather and her hoity toity helicooter friends sitting around reminiscing about a pretend restaurant business they all owned and operated back in the day.

RennieGirl

RennieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

Does Vicki feel any sense of guilt for what she put Jeff through when he was in his last days on earth?

I don't have any idea what she put him through, and I thought I followed the show pretty faithfully.

There was some shit talked about Gretchen's relationship regarding Jeff, but that was during the show, and he died before most of it would have aired. I don't remember anything particularly slanderous to Jeff or even very hurtful. All the accusations that Gretchen had cheated on him came out at the reunion and he was definitley passed away by then.

So what did I miss? What did Vicki do to Jeff?

She wants Gretchen to respect that her child might have thyroid cancer?

Is whatever Vicki "put Jeff through" really on par with cancer? I really am combing my mind trying to remember that season now ... I never saw a thing she did to him!

I'll bet you money that her dad came in that door the second Vicki left.

Doubtful, but Donn might have visited her.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

I did not enjoy seeing photos of her nasal mucous plug. Bravo could have spared us that gem. Gross. I wonder if her voice will change now that she has had a half pound of snot taken out of her sinus?

That was soooooo gross!!! When the doctor was holding up her mucous plug it looked like a bloody gummy worm. If Alexis was pulling that shit out of her mouth, if I was Jim, I would never kiss her on the mouth again…EVER! Also, that doctor was singing about Alexis’ post op pain like he was really enjoying the thought of her hurting. It wasn’t shown, but I bet she was a huge pain in the ass to have as a patient.

Texas Gal

Texas Gal

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

her hoity toity helicooter friends

Ok, I know this was probably a typo but I had to comment on the Freudian genius of it.

canter

canter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

Was Slade cooking lunchmeat-type ham in a skillet? Between that, the cold jarred sauce they spooned on their spaghetti a few episodes ago, and Heather's Boston Market purchase, I'm starting to feel rather fancy with my roast chicken, rice, and green beans, all of which I "homemade by myself." Jim's phrasing cracked me up, but at least he cooked something resembling actual food.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

isschung
I love that Heather says opening a million dollar restaurant is a "pet project."

Heather is so full of herself with this "I am an actress" bit. Heather has acted but not for movies. She was a TV actress and I don't think she's done anything since the early 90's.

Also, I live in OC and to take a helicopter from Orange County to Los Angeles County is silly and a waste of money. She could have easily arranged for a driver to take them to LA and depending on the time of day they would have arrived at their destination in 30/45 minutes.

Edited by prosperity2day, Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:27 PM.

EloiseTR

EloiseTR

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

Heather is so full of herself with this "I am an actress" bit. Heather has acted but not for movies. She was a TV actress and I don't think she's done anything since the early 90's.

So true. I choked when she said she was used to spending "15-17 hours a day on the set". A few times, (possibly on a Friday, when most half hour sitcoms are taped) 20 years ago?

I suspect Heather came into this show thinking she could be the Lisa Vanderpump of the OC. She saw how popular Lisa was, and figured she already was a brunette, so why not just acquire the restaurants and instantly achieve the fan favorite status that Lisa enjoys? Except that Lisa's not a poseur, hasn't distorted her face with Seussian implants, is genuinely witty, and has run restaurants for 25 years as a means of income, not a "pet project". Next she'll have a little dog that she'll dress in the baby's onesies.

Edited by EloiseTR, Mar 22, 2012 @ 6:51 AM.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

Also, I live in OC and to take a helicopter from Orange County to Los Angeles County is silly and a waste of money. She could have easily arranged for a driver to take them to LA and depending on the time of day they would have arrived at their destination in 30/45 minutes.

Just another way for Heather to show off. She’s giving me a Salahi vibe the way she’s going over the top to prove how much money they have. If they’re so rich, where are their nannies, housekeepers and personal chefs? I’m not saying that everyone who is uber rich should have all of those things, but if you’re going to show off, go all out. I could probably afford a helicopter ride, (I’d have to go without eating for a few months lol), but my point is, if they’re so friggin rich and she doesn’t have any time to cook (puh-leese!), why is she ordering food from Boston Market instead of hiring a personal chef? I hate to cook, so if I had all of the money they are trying to convey that they have, I wouldn’t consider a cook as an unnecessary extravagance. It would be a way to feed my family good healthy food and spend my 15 hours on the set. (again, puh-leese!)