The Real Housewives of Orange County

• Please log in to reply

48387 replies to this topic

Camo

Camo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

Rewatching the episode with Vicki's cajun dinner, it's striking how dated the women are in their style and mannerisms. Besides her tragic halter dress (to match her tragic eyebrows, jawline, hairstyle and voice), Peggy enjoys talking sassy-like and calling people 'girlfriend.' It's always 2002 for Peggy, I guess, or 1997, or therabouts. Also, in her first season, Gretchen's hairstyle was to the collarbone and not so feathered - how the hell is she regressing to C-level country style *now* when she had a saner approach to style and sartorial matters years ago?

Vicki's intro this season is icky beyond words. She is looking like real hell, so maybe at long last her atrocious appearance is beginning to catch up to her garbage barge of a personality. I would love to have seen her reaction when Heather's husband called her little fete 'low rent.' Beyond the multitude of hilarious nostril-based descriptions, the cataloging of her cruelty and dishonesty and abusiveness and mean manipulations, 'low rent' encapsulates Vicki like few other phrases.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

And Slade threw a hissy fit because Jo had another man over while he wasn't home, the slut.

He wasn't thrilled to see her walking out to greet him with the gun pointed at him either, for that matter.

Nittany84

Nittany84

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

I can't get enough of Eddie saying, "You put another man's hand on your boob," all serious. What adult, in the midst of a serious discussion, says the word "boob"? You couldn't have dialed up the diction with "breast," Eddie?

prostitutewhore

prostitutewhore

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

Tamera mentioned in her blog that Eddie had been drinking the day of the Catalina trip, taking his staff out on a boat (staff appreciation day).

What staff?? Are you kidding me- isn't he the receptionist?

Are Drunk-Ass-Brooks and Vicki still together? He's so gross.

dominoes

dominoes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:41 AM

Mariad -

Tamra needs a lifetime of therapy.

If you ask me, there is no help for Tamra, the limelight has too strong a pull, it's become her drug! I feel so bad for her kids, they will need all the help they can get!

Prostitutewhore -

Are Drunk-Ass-Brooks and Vicki still together? He's so gross.

The cows have come back to the barn to feed! Vicki is a hypocrite that left a trail of hypocrisy to prove it. Vicki and Brooks are two peas in a pod, they deserve each other.

I detest both Vicki and Tamra!

Edited by dominoes, Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:42 AM.

peachbeserk

peachbeserk

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:03 AM

Was seated tonight at a large gathering next to a woman who looked so much like Vicki that it was hard to concentrate on what she was saying! She even had a midwest accent, but her features were softer and prettier than Vicki's. I was also doing some browsing in clothing stores a few days ago and saw several furry, fuzzy vests like Vicki wore to her Cajun soiree. What a tacky trend this is and one that only stick thin people can pull off. I still wish the caterer could have sidestepped explaining what chitlins are and had convinced Vicki that her menu should include chitlins because they are all the rage, and anybody who is anybody having a Cajun party is serving chitlins. Then during the party, the viewers would see a crawl at the bottom of the screen that said, "The OC ladies don't know it, but right now they are eating pig intestines!" Hee Hee!!!

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 7:21 AM

What adult, in the midst of a serious discussion, says the word "boob"?

I'll wager a homosexual one who is uncomfortable with women in general. Although to be fair, all of the women on this show say "boobs" too. I feel like I'm back in the 8th grade when I watch them. And yes, they are totally dated in their looks. Gretchen looks like she's auditioning at the country music awards with that hair and her new implants, which btw are totally gross-looking and unbelievable.

Jeanna always had this superior attitude. It would be nice to see how she is coping now since she's had financial issues. I would like to see the dynamic with her new man and how that works out with Matt still living there with them. Also would like an update on Lauri and her "fairytale" life with George.

Ditto. According to Kara Keough, she and Jeana will appear on the finale episode, all dolled up like they're going to an awards show. https://p.twimg.com/...rUDCAAELs_7.jpg

Am I the only one totally grossed out that Lauri and George had a baby? She's like, my mom's age. Gross!

KittyMarthaPoo

KittyMarthaPoo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 7:44 AM

What adult, in the midst of a serious discussion, says the word "boob"?

I'll wager a homosexual one who is uncomfortable with women in general.

Now THAT is hilarious! ! !

I just caught this past one on rerun (I fell asleep when it was on the first time). Vicki, please, for the love of Pete, will you stop making gaping eyes & turning your head from side to side every single time everyone does anything? What is so shocking to you? What can't you deal with?

I too like Gretchen's little house - I like how it is REAL. (as opposed to Alexis & her long list of rental homes that she keeps trying to pass off as theirs like they actually own them). However, I do think Gretchen has way too much crap all over the place (vases, wall hangings, little candleholders, etc.)

I will say that I think Heather has lovely sparkly eyes.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 8:31 AM

Gretchen looks like she's auditioning at the country music awards with that hair and her new implants, which btw are totally gross-looking and unbelievable.

I noticed on the last episode that in her TH segments she seems to have reigned in some of the swirls, flips, and feathering a little. Not enough to seem totally normal, but it definitely looked less like pageant hair.

ATWTer7776

ATWTer7776

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

Am I the only one totally grossed out that Lauri and George had a baby? She's like, my mom's age. Gross!

I must have missed that bit of RHOC news. When did this happen?

quaintirene

quaintirene

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:47 AM

Those macaroons could have been made with Splenda or whichever other sugar substitute for a low-carb low-cal sweet treat (don't I sound like a Weight Watchers leader!!). I'm of the group that will either have the real thing or stay away from it entirely, but this bunch have breast-substitutes, skin-substitutes, hair-substitutes and lip-substitutes. A spoonful of sugar-substitute would go down just fine.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

According to Kara Keough, she and Jeana will appear on the finale episode, all dolled up like they're going to an awards show. https://p.twimg.com/...rUDCAAELs_7.jpg

Whoah! Which one is Jeana? Did she finally lose that weight?

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Jeana is in the blue and her daughter is in the black.

Lauri tweeted a picture of her and George holding a baby in response to someone's question "did you ever think of having children w/George." So maybe it's a joke? I don't know, but who knows what goes on inside that head of hers.

http://api.plixi.com.....2Fs/168559853

I still don't know how Gretchen affords her little house on the prairie. Her only work is her bag and makeup line, and those weren't doing well for awhile. She's got funding coming from somewhere.

PaganChick

PaganChick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

She's got funding coming from somewhere.

Considering how small her house is and that it is probably paid for, she could do quite well with just the money she gets from the show and appearances. Don't the housewives make 6 figures?

simbared

simbared

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

Vicki figured out long ago that she will get more camera time whe she makes her eyes bug out, shakes her head back and forth, crosses herself, or pretends to choke on something she's eating (even when someone else actually is choking on their food right next to her). Anyone who would go to the trouble of creating an organization for the sole purpose of presenting an award to herself is clearly screaming out for attention.

My post will probably be deleted because this has not been mentioned on the show, but Vicki and Tammy now have a wine club, and 10 percent of the proceeds will be donated to their favorite charities.

http://winesbywives.com/

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

I still don't know how Gretchen affords her little house on the prairie. Her only work is her bag and makeup line, and those weren't doing well for awhile. She's got funding coming from somewhere.

Gretchen has quite a good income - The show itself brings in at least $250,000 and she also makes money for all those ridiculous appearances at clubs or wherever else she pops up.

She also was left quite a bit of money from the old dude in the form of an insurance policy. If the house isn't paid for, it's only because she decided not to pay off.

I do give her credit for seeming to live within her means even if her means are in excess of $250,000 per year plus the $1,00,000 at least she banked from Jeff's insurance policy.

dominoes

dominoes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

MissChung -

Lauri tweeted a picture of her and George holding a baby in response to someone's question "did you ever think of having children w/George." So maybe it's a joke? I don't know, but who knows what goes on inside that head of hers.

It's George's grandkid -Lauri's eggs dried up a long time ago, along with her cerebral cells, if she ever had any.

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

Jeana and Kara both look great in that pic, but why is Kara so dressed up??

RedDevil

RedDevil

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

She also was left quite a bit of money from the old dude in the form of an insurance policy. If the house isn't paid for, it's only because she decided not to pay off.

Gretchen has said publically several times that she didnít net anything from Jeffís estate. She said she was left money but that the estate had a lot of debt that once settled, didnít leave her anything financially.

Of course, this is Gretchen and she could be lying through her teeth for all we know.

If she was left something and chose to pay off the house, then sheís smarter than I thought.

EloiseTR

EloiseTR

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

I too like Gretchen's little house - I like how it is REAL. (as opposed to Alexis & her long list of rental homes that she keeps trying to pass off as theirs like they actually own them). However, I do think Gretchen has way too much crap all over the place (vases, wall hangings, little candleholders, etc.)

Not to mention the 27 bottles of booze she always has on the kitchen counter. Ok, I exaggerate, and I like the real feel of her house also, but jeez woman, get a wine rack! Shove them in the pantry! It's not like she has an abundance of counter space to begin with. Does she need to always have them close at hand, or be able to find them in the dark?

glamazon67

glamazon67

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

Not to mention the 27 bottles of booze she always has on the kitchen counter. Ok, I exaggerate, and I like the real feel of her house also, but jeez woman, get a wine rack! Shove them in the pantry! It's not like she has an abundance of counter space to begin with. Does she need to always have them close at hand, or be able to find them in the dark?

If I had to have regular sex with slimy Slade, I'm pretty sure I'd need to keep myself permanently buzzed, also.

I like Gretchen's house and I think it's great that she lives within her means. However, I don't watch these shows to see people living within their means!

mrs peel

mrs peel

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

Gretchen has said publically several times that she didnít net anything from Jeffís estate. She said she was left money but that the estate had a lot of debt that once settled, didnít leave her anything financially.

I think it's a 'technically true' but situation, becaue life insurance is not part of an estate. But I thought she had admitted the life insurance policy payout, though she's been cagey on the amount.

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

I think it's a 'technically true' but situation, becaue life insurance is not part of an estate. But I thought she had admitted the life insurance policy payout, though she's been cagey on the amount.

Gretchen has consistently lied about the financial benefit she got from pretending to be Jeff's fiancee. There was most definitely a life insurance policy which passes to the beneficiary and there would have been other financial benefits including that large diamond.

I am not claiming "poor misguided Jeff" because he was a willing participant in the charade. He got to parade around with a hot blonde on his arm on television who pretended that he was the love of her life. I imagine that Gretchen also provided coordination and some companionship during this period as well as the kind of help a live-in spouse would provide. If anyone has ever had a serious medical condition, having someone around just to help you out is a major thing if you don't have a spouse. I don't begrudge whatever money she made from the "arrangement" because she certainly wasn't taking advantage of a senile person.

aimistrue

aimistrue

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

There was most definitely a life insurance policy which passes to the beneficiary

Not to challenge you at all, but is this traceable to some public statement or documentation, or has it kind of become RHoOC conventional wisdom?

PaganChick

PaganChick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

I don't begrudge whatever money she made from the "arrangement" because she certainly wasn't taking advantage of a senile person.

This totally caused me to laugh - perhaps inappropriately - at a memory of Tamra claiming that Gretchen "took that old man for a ride." Wasn't he fairly close to Simon's age at the time he died?

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

This totally caused me to laugh - perhaps inappropriately - at a memory of Tamra claiming that Gretchen "took that old man for a ride." Wasn't he fairly close to Simon's age at the time he died?

He was 54 when he died - not sure how old Simon is but Tamra was 40 during that season. Cancer and the treatment really are debilitating.

PaganChick

PaganChick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

He was 54 when he died - not sure how old Simon is but Tamra was 40 during that season.

Is Tamra a perpetual 40 year old? I could have sworn she was 40 or just turning 40 when she made her debut on the show.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

Jeff was 53, or 54 when he died in 2009. Simon is about five years older than Tamra (I think); she turned 44 in September.

Both Tamra, and Vicki mentioned the Wines by Wives business on their Bravo blogs, so I don't think there is an issue with posting a link here.

Gretchen admitted on the S5 reunion that she received some money after Jeff's death (it was an insurance policy, and not connected in any way to his estate), but the amount was not anywhere near to what the media reported it was.

Gretchen was an aerobics instuctor, and sold only a couple of houses (at most) as a real estate agent. I doubt she could even afford the house in Costa Mesa. I think Jeff helped (she was seeing him at around the time she bought it). She can easily afford it today. She has a Bravo salary, income from endorsements, and appearances, and what she received from Jeff (insurance money, other gifts).

Eddie works at his adoptive father's law firm, so I assume he can take the staff out for staff appreciation day.

Vicki's hypocrisy is very entertaining.

The dress that Kara Keough wore in the S7 wrap party looks like a prom dress. It was posted that Jeana would make appearances during S7, but I'm glad she is going to participate in the season finale only. It's possible she filmed a little bit more, and she was edited out.

Edited by NoPityFL, Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:56 AM.

aimistrue

aimistrue

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

Gretchen admitted on the the S5 reunion that she received some money after Jeff's death (it was an insurance policy, and not connected in any way to his estate), but the amount was not anywhere near the media reported it was.

Thanks, NoPityFL. I didn't know if there was an admission by Gretchen, juicy probate records out there online <grin>, or just Tamra and Vicki flapping their gums.

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

I just wish she'd admit to all the work she's had done - she denies the boob job, lips, etc. I wouldn't judge her for having surgery, but I will judge her for being a liar.