Add-A-Sentence Story: It Came from the Breakroom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

65 replies to this topic

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 4:33 PM

There's an add-a-sentence game over on the Chuck boards, and I thought it would be fun to play it over here too. You probably know how to play already, but here's how it goes: I'll start the story (including characters and settings from The Office) with a sentence, and every poster adds one sentence to the story. Here we go:

Michael had just stepped out of his office to make an important announcement when a large crash came from the breakroom.

JodithGrace

JodithGrace

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 5:58 PM

It was Creed, who had been in the process of removing a large cardboard box from the ceiling when he fell off of his step ladder.

coquiborikua

coquiborikua

Couch Potato

• Interests:Interesting things.

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 6:21 PM

While everyone got up and headed over to the breakroom and check if Creed was hurt, Michael instantly knew that this was the perfect opportunity to try out the awesome one-liner that he had been working on all weekend.

i know a roy

i know a roy

Stalker

• Interests:the usual- taking pictures of cute babies, how to bury a dead body, tips for keeping your rotating bed rotating, the wonders of duct tape, the Red Sox, abusing certain twoppers, and the theory of evolution as expressed by Sesame Street characters.

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 8:33 PM

"Creed," he said slowly, "were you on that ladder, looking for success? You won't find it in that box!"

trice77

trice77

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 6:41 AM

Angela exclaimed, "Michael, we don't have time for your stupid jokes. I think Creed is seriously hurt!"

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 8:27 AM

"He's already like 90, Angela, so does it matter if he dies?" Michael responded.

Shark Boy

Shark Boy

Fanatic

• Interests:Finding other people who swim faster than sharks, so we can compare notes, discuss the latest swimming-faster-than-sharks trends, etc.

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 9:28 AM

Jim, looking directly at the camera, shrugged ironically, but the camera zoomed in on Pam, who was cradling Creed's head in her lap, before catching his trademark half-smile.

LilJen

LilJen

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 9:54 AM

Creed opened his eyes. As his focus adjusted, he looked at the woman holding his head and said groggily, "Sam? Samantha? Is that you?"

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 10:13 AM

"Ohmygod, he's totally had a brain injury!" Kelly shrieked.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 10:46 AM

Toby sighed and while he began filling out an incident report, Michael came over to him.

themollylama

themollylama

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 10:54 AM

"You heartless bastard. How can you fill out paperwork at a time like this?" asked Michael, tears welling in his eyes.

bigpugdog

bigpugdog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 10:57 AM

Dwight, stumbling on to the scene, shrieked, "I can take care of this! Get me some iodine! Bandages! Neosporin!"

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 11:16 AM

Jim quietly leaves the breakroom and calls 911, since it appears nobody else thought of that.

i know a roy

i know a roy

Stalker

• Interests:the usual- taking pictures of cute babies, how to bury a dead body, tips for keeping your rotating bed rotating, the wonders of duct tape, the Red Sox, abusing certain twoppers, and the theory of evolution as expressed by Sesame Street characters.

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 11:34 AM

Dwight turns on his trusty pen flashlight, shines the light in Creed's eyes, and asks "How many fingers am I holding up?"

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 11:36 AM

Creed replies, "Green, Dwayne."

coquiborikua

coquiborikua

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 11:51 AM

Michael, Dwight and Oscar help Creed to his feet, while everyone looks at each other wide-eyed with worry and Kevin tries to start a slow clap in the background.

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 11:54 AM

Angela glares at Kevin, and Oscar rolls his eyes at Angela.

themollylama

themollylama

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 11:57 AM

Jim comes in and announces that the ambulance is on its way. Pam looks at him lovingly and tugs on her unicorn necklace.

Shark Boy

Shark Boy

Fanatic

• Interests:Finding other people who swim faster than sharks, so we can compare notes, discuss the latest swimming-faster-than-sharks trends, etc.

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 12:08 PM

As Pam slowly and distractedly fondles the unicorn's horn on her necklace, the camera zooms in on Creed, whose hand is slowly reaching into Dwight's pocket as Dwight continues to minister to Creed.

Edited by Shark Boy, Oct 8, 2007 @ 12:10 PM.

on a mission

on a mission

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 12:28 PM

Creed gets more than he bargains for, though, as all that's in Dwight's pocket is a pair of throwing stars.

i know a roy

i know a roy

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 1:51 PM

Meanwhile, everyone is distracted with Michael and Toby as they are well into their petty argument, about when it's appropriate to write out the safety violation, but no one notices the box Creed was reaching for.

themollylama

themollylama

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 2:01 PM

The box just happened to be the very same one that Dwight covered in glue the day the bat came to the office.

coquiborikua

coquiborikua

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 2:14 PM

Creed tries to use the distraction in order to get the box without anyone looking at the contents, but just as he is going to exit the breakroom, Dwight recognizes it.

themollylama

themollylama

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 3:34 PM

Dwight snatches the box from Creed and shouts, "Glue sniffing is no laughing matter!"

i know a roy

i know a roy

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 3:38 PM

"Ohmigosh, has Creed been sniffing glue? Is that why he's out of it?" Kelly sputtered without breathing.

Cet

Cet

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 5:33 PM

Talking Head: Creed - "Now, I'd like to think I have higher standards than that - enamel, Sharpies, lighter fluid, sure, but glue just doesn't have much of a body to it."

(Aside - it just doesn't seem like The Office without the Talking Heads)

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 5:54 PM

Dwight Talking Head: "Sniffing glue is a dangerous habit, and I'm sure Creed's addiction will cause him to be homeless."

i know a roy

i know a roy

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 9:49 PM

Dwight stepped slightly to block Creed from his side, as he deftly, though cautiously, like dismantling a bomb, peered in under the flap of the box at the assorted sexual paraphernalia enclosed within.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2007 @ 7:11 AM

Phyllis is horrified when she discovers that Dwight is looking through the box containing her gifts to Bob Vance, Vance Refigeration.

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2007 @ 7:41 AM

Angela Talking Head: "I always knew Phyllis was a whore."