Ratings and Scheduling

• Please log in to reply

256 replies to this topic

jb22

jb22

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 1:41 AM

The winter games have been pretty dull. I haven't followed this series in the past: is 2.33 a good rating for this show?

Edited by jb22, Feb 18, 2014 @ 1:41 AM.

HughKenrick

HughKenrick

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 12:22 PM

Ratings for 2/17/14: 7.61 million viewers, 2.18/6 in the adult demo

re: the Olympics being dull this year, I haven't been watching, so I don't have an opinion on that. But the Olympics have been pulling in around 24 million viewers every night, so they're definitely serious competition. Most other networks have been airing a lot of repeat programming for that reason.

In a non-Olympic season, I think 2.6 to 3.0 is more common for the Bachelor.

While last week's 2.33 was still pretty good, I think this week's 2.18 is a little low, despite the Olympics. We're getting to the point in the season where the ratings start increasing, though, and the Olympics are finishing up this week. So, next week's ratings should see a nice improvement.

NikSac

NikSac

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 5:01 AM

My husband begs me to turn on anything other than the Olympics even though he's not a Bachelor fan... we might've contributed to the ratings a tiny bit.

HughKenrick

HughKenrick

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 25, 2014 @ 12:35 PM

Ratings for 2/24/14: 8.14 million viewers, 2.5/6 in the adult demo

Meh...I expected better for the hometown dates. Tonight's unusual Tuesday airing should be interesting from a ratings standpoint, though. I wonder if a lot of people will miss it?

Edited by HughKenrick, Feb 25, 2014 @ 12:35 PM.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2014 @ 1:43 PM

I wonder if a lot of people will miss it?

Not if they saw the commercials for it! I almost wonder whether they were hoping to get MORE viewers to tune in. I don't know what people in general watch on Tuesdays, but speaking for myself, other than The Goldbergs and The Mindy Project (which is on a break), there's nothing on.

But I almost wonder whether they pushed up this airing to show before they filmed The Women Tell All. (Anyone know whether it's been filmed yet?) Historically Reality Steve had always gotten spoilers from that filming, so to me it seems like this year the show is just spoiling itself left and right (Sharleen leaving, Andi leaving) just to get it "out there" before someone else (i.e., RS) does.

HughKenrick

HughKenrick

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 26, 2014 @ 12:30 PM

Ratings for 2/25/14: 8.12 million viewers, 2.4/7 in the adult demo

So, JenE4 was right in thinking there'd be no loss due to the Tuesday airing. Considering it was up against both the premiere of The Voice and NCIS, I'll bet ABC is pretty pleased.

HughKenrick

HughKenrick

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 11:38 AM

Ratings for 3/3/14: 7.91 million viewers, 2.2/6 in the adult demo

Respectable, but Sean's Women Tell All episode had 8.43 million viewers, 2.7/7 in the adult demo, so Juan Pablo's good start seems to have fizzled a little.

Edited by HughKenrick, Mar 4, 2014 @ 11:38 AM.

B2H

B2H

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 12:00 PM

Odd, especially considering there wasn't much else on for the demographic, as well as all the hype that led up to JP sort of getting told off.

Next week should be interesting.  The finals usually take off pretty well and the hype surrounding this one is pretty good.

Lolita Swann

Lolita Swann

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 10:58 AM

After the Final Rose got a 3.8, same as last year. That's impressive consistency when broadcast TV is losing ratings every year.

I *think* that keeps Ben's season as the least popular finale of the Bachelors.

HughKenrick

HughKenrick

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 11:00 AM

Ratings for the Final Rose Ceremony 3/10/14: 9.63 million viewers, 3.2/9 in the adult demo

Ratings for After the Final Rose 3/10/14: 11.00 million viewers, 3.8/11 in the adult demo

Overall Season: 8.43 million viewers, 2.6/7 in the adult demo

So, Juan Pablo ended up very close to Sean:
FRC 9.99, 3.3/9
ATFR 11.01, 3.9/10
Season 8.42, 2.8/7

Fleiss and Co are probably happy, both with the ratings and with the talkworthy drama.

Edited by HughKenrick, Mar 11, 2014 @ 11:00 AM.

FireFoxy

FireFoxy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 1:10 PM

Fleiss and Co. should send One Pablo a car. This is the best the show has done in years. Plus Juan Pablo, Nikki, Chris Harrison, ATFR and the finale were trending on Twitter 5 hours after the show ended.

Lolita Swann

Lolita Swann

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 5:04 PM

Well, in absolute terms it did about the same as Sean.

But in relative terms it did great, yes. I believe the only ABC hours this season to do better than Bachelor After the Final Rose are the 1-hour season premiere of Modern Family and the Shield pilot...

HughKenrick

HughKenrick

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 7:34 AM

Well, in absolute terms it did about the same as Sean.

But in relative terms it did great, yes. I believe the only ABC hours this season to do better than Bachelor After the Final Rose are the 1-hour season premiere of Modern Family and the Shield pilot...

Yes, and without the Olympics in the mix, I think JP's overall season rating would have been better than Sean's.

Fleiss and Co. should send One Pablo a car. This is the best the show has done in years. Plus Juan Pablo, Nikki, Chris Harrison, ATFR and the finale were trending on Twitter 5 hours after the show ended.

What scares me about this is the possibility that Fleiss will now decide to actively cast bachelors that have that extra douchebag factor. In one respect, though, I'm glad the season did well. Maybe ABC won't be so shy about casting a variety of races and ethnicities now that JP has shown that the ratings won't suffer?

Edited by HughKenrick, Mar 12, 2014 @ 7:35 AM.

B2H

B2H

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 9:19 AM

Eh.  Too much of that nonsense will drive regular viewers away, but could replace those viewers with the more ghoulish rubber-neckers.  Most regular viewers go for more of the Cinderella story.

I will say that one viewer was added this season - my fiance'.  Never watched the show before, but because it was actively talked about at work the next day and I was also a regular viewer, he started watching too.  Would like to know how many 'new' viewers were added to this mix.

HughKenrick

HughKenrick

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 8:53 AM

I know ratings can be found everywhere, but just in case anyone's interested, after TWoP closes (on April 4), I'll now be posting Bachelor/ette ratings on the forums that were set up by some of TWoP's founders, called Previously TV. Hope to see you all there!

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 12:01 PM

Awesome, Hugh!

ClaireO

ClaireO

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 10:03 AM

PreviouslyTV appears to separate the Bachelor and Bachelorette forums, btw. That may take a bit of getting used to, but if you mark both forums to follow, you can pick them up rather easily without having to do anything additional.