You know you're obsessed with 30 Rock when...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

126 replies to this topic

brandmed

brandmed

Fanatic

• Interests:Battlestar Galactica, Freaks and Geeks, X-Files, Simpsons, Firefly, Buffy the Vampie Slayer, Angel, 24, Farscape, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Lost, Smallville, Saturday Night Live, My So-Called Life, Late Night with Conan O'Brien Reno 911!

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 1:53 AM

...you find yourself saying "blurg" and "by the hammer of Thor" whenever you get frustrated.

...you have watched the entire first season all the way through this weekend in anticipation of the premiere. And this is the fourth time you've done so.

...you cannot get the lovely Tina Fey out of your mind (though that's been happening since she started hosting Update years ago).

Raccy

Raccy

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 10:31 AM

You spend 20 minutes perfecting the recording of the "Brush Your Teeth" song on your cell phone and immediately set it as your ring tone.

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

• Interests:Writing, New York Yankees baseball

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 11:03 AM

You spend 20 minutes perfecting the recording of the 30 Rock theme on your cell phone and immediately set it as your ring tone.

You not only say awse but do the arm movement as well.

You wonder if your vulva is swollen.

You watch NBC just to catch 30 Rock promos.

(I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has spent a weekend watching the first season. Actually I did it all on Saturday)

brandmed

brandmed

Fanatic

• Interests:Battlestar Galactica, Freaks and Geeks, X-Files, Simpsons, Firefly, Buffy the Vampie Slayer, Angel, 24, Farscape, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Lost, Smallville, Saturday Night Live, My So-Called Life, Late Night with Conan O'Brien Reno 911!

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 1:31 PM

StaceyRosie, I'm sure there are probably dozens and dozens of us who did that this weekend.

kostgard

kostgard

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 1:42 PM

I know I did!

elle3

elle3

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 6:02 PM

You consider buying a 30 Rock tshirt off the NBC website. Anyone else? Just me...?

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 6:28 PM

...when "Blurgh!" becomes part of your vocab.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 1:18 PM

... you also say "That's awesome, possum." (but sarcastically).

... you have trouble falling asleep, but instead of contemplating your own life or deep thoughts, you find yourself musing about things like, "What are Cerie's parents like and why do they want her working for TGS?" and "Who should play Liz's brother, Mitch? He's got to be younger, since Liz is clearly an oldest child, and he has to be a Hair since it's in his blood... Is he merely stupid or a slacker/stoner type? Can they get Affleck while he's in town while his wife does Cyrano?" and "Since Joy, Whoopi and Sherri have been on 30 Rock, could we get Elaine Stritch to replace Walters and... uh, Grace Park to replace Elisabeth?" (My inner life = sad.)

Raccy

Raccy

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 1:34 PM

...you get a job offer and, while telling your husband the good news, you blurt out "Things are finally starting to look up for old Liz Lemon!!"

splendourific

splendourific

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 1:43 PM

...when "Blurgh!" becomes part of your vocab.

I've said BLERGLE for about a year now and only recently became a 30 Rock fan. So now I feel like there has always been Liz Lemon inside of me, I just didn't realize it.

...When you toy with the idea of wearing a ballgown in the evenings just so you can say, "It's after six! What am I, a farmer?"

tenblade

tenblade

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 4:28 PM

...when you find an awse quotation ("Well played, Garkle") on TV Guide.com you want to rush around and tell people who understand.

...and you can't believe how happy you are when you finally see new publicity photos of Tina with new hair on twop banners and in promos, because that ponytail thing was just so last season.

Edited by tenblade, Oct 2, 2007 @ 4:32 PM.

spacedog

spacedog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 7:46 AM

...after watching "The Fighting Irish" you spend a good hour thinking of ethnically appropriate names for your fists, since you're not Irish. Say hello to Dylan Thomas and Richard Burton. They're much more adept at wrapping themselves around a tumbler of booze than busting someone's jaw.

...you re-lable the recipe on page 217 in your edition of this cookbook to read "Sylvia's steamin' cornbread" a/k/a "Pregnant Cornbread".

Edited by spacedog, Oct 3, 2007 @ 7:47 AM.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

• Interests:Music, theater (musical but also other), reading

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 9:42 AM

... any time you spy someone who might be considered a double minority, you mutter to yourself, "Yeah, you're not gonna beat that."

... when your students explain that they'll have to miss a class because of the Jewish holidays, after (of course) agreeing and working out any accommodations necessary, you hear a little voice in your head adding "... no matter how ridiculous." Yeah, I'm going to hell, I knew that already.

elle3

elle3

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 10:22 AM

... you're VERY EXCITED that the premiere is tomorrow night!

Bchesnpc

Bchesnpc

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 1:15 PM

... your response to one of your friends accomplishments is always "Well go ahead Fat Balls."

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

• Interests:Music, theater (musical but also other), reading

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 1:34 PM

...followed immediately by a quiet "That's a good program," whether it applies to the situation or not.

vanityproject

vanityproject

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 3:14 PM

... you set up a recurring meeting (called "Pregnant Cornbread and Utz Cheese Balls") at lunchtime at the office, so you can share your DVDs with your co-workers and add another dozen viewers to we dozens.

... you meet an "SNL" cast member and the very first thing you ask him about is his appearance on "30 Rock."

Edited by vanityproject, Oct 3, 2007 @ 3:15 PM.

Jessiela

Jessiela

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 5:01 PM

...you see this article at cnn.com, and think "If these people knew Jack Donaghy's brother, they would never have fallen for that scam." Although it does take a special kind of person to obliviously write a $1600 check to C.A.S.H., so who knows if that would've even helped.

My favorite line from the article:

Police urged residents to not allow anyone to enter their home or to do business with anyone who randomly knocks on the door.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 6:51 PM

... you hear the catchy theme music accompanying moments of your life. (DOOT-DOOT. Doot-doo-doo-doo-DOOT-DOOT, doot-doo-doo-doo-DOOT.)

wormmm

wormmm

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 9:46 PM

...you wonder, after discovering that the actor who plays Toofer shot a pilot for ABC (source: wikipedia), if Tina Fey made him do the worm to keep his job.

...you are already planning your next vacation to the Cleve.

Edited by wormmm, Oct 3, 2007 @ 9:47 PM.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 10:19 PM

... which you casually presented to your significant other disguised as, "Honey, wouldn't you love to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?" ...and were very proud that you managed to not add, "I hear Cleveland smells great," and give yourself away.

marzipanbingo

marzipanbingo

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 11:54 AM

...you spend a couple hours doing something like this:

Liz Lemon's Top Nerd-tastically Nerdy Moments

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 12:01 PM

...you spend a couple hours doing something like this:

Time extremely well-spent, marzipanbingo. I wish I could create something like that in just a couple of hours. Kudos!

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 4:20 PM

... every time the TWoP HoPs mention "30 Rock" you get a little overly excited, then feel let down when you realize they are merely talking about the new TWoP headquarters.

Harlin G Hewitt

Harlin G Hewitt

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 8:19 PM

You know you are obsessed with 30 Rock when, in the morning, you are wakened from a very, very (lol) restful
slumber by your grandmother and are told that you have been panting the name Alec Baldwin at various volumes
for the past hour. Embarrassing, yes, but, erm, gratifying!

Raccy

Raccy

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 10:36 AM

...you're thinking of adopting an adorable calico kitten and naming her Bookcase.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 10:42 AM

Call me crazy, but I still think Bookcase sounds like a boy-kitten's name.

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

• Interests:Writing, New York Yankees baseball

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:02 AM

No, Hat would be a boy kitten's name.

Mrs Snark

Mrs Snark

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:07 AM

You know when you can't help but use a 30Rock-ism on another show thread at least once a day.

When you use situations on 30Rock to give friends advice.

brandmed

brandmed

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2007 @ 12:58 AM

I did a double take in Blockbuster tonight while walking past the kids' section. There was a kid vid called "G.I. Joe: Sigma Six." I swore I saw Six Sigma.