The HoYay Thread: LesBionic Vibes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

27 replies to this topic

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 4:06 PM

I can't believe no one has started this thread already. Come on, who saw the HoYay! in the bar scene? My friend turned to me and said, "It sounds like she's hitting on her."

DEM

DEM

Stalker

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 4:12 PM

Yay for female HoYay. Great job on the thread title, chilindrina!

Corv(in)us actually managed to get a little heat out of Jaime McLamey. That's no mean feat!

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 4:14 PM

ITA, especially after Jaime gave Sarah the free beer. That scene would not have been more LesYay even if Jaime worked at a lesbian bar.

hegellite

hegellite

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 4:57 PM

I think they had pretty good chemistry.

bbell0363

bbell0363

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 30, 2007 @ 12:25 PM

Here's to, at some point in the series, we wil find Sarah and Jamie sitting on a couch in front of a bird cage. Jamie starts to cry as she begs, "Make me feel good, make me feel gooood!!"

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2007 @ 12:55 PM

Maybe being Bionic can be seen as subtext for becoming a lesbian (or realizing you are one). The lame chemistry with Dr. Boyfriend leading to the post-bionic bad, dull sex with Dr. Boyfriend. The enhanced chemistry with the female Sarah post her bionicness. The bar scene. Sarah trying to get Jaime to accept her "bionicness" and Jaime fighting against it. "I'll bury one guy after the next."

I'll have no problem reading into the show this way if it continues down the boring path of the pilot.

stekkin

stekkin

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, manga, etc.

Posted Sep 30, 2007 @ 1:46 PM

Picture this: Sarah is maimed by the Villain of the Week, gets bionics like Jaime, and while they're bonding during rehab...well, you know how these things happen. ;)

bbell0363

bbell0363

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 30, 2007 @ 2:58 PM

Picture this: Sarah is maimed by the Villain of the Week, gets bionics like Jaime, and while they're bonding during rehab...well, you know how these things happen. ;)

Of course it would not make them gay, because they would only do such things with each other.

Jaime: "I am not gay but if Julia Roberts or Angelina Jolie, or may be you Sarah would ask me I would not say no. But I am not GAY"

Hail Ming

Hail Ming

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2007 @ 3:15 PM

I'm getting definite Buffy/Faith HoYay vibes. Or Faith/Block o' Wood vibes, anyway. Damn I miss Eliza!

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 8:48 PM

I'm getting definite Buffy/Faith HoYay vibes.

Exactly! Maybe we'll get (if the show lasts) a story of Sarah trying to turn "good" and Jamie helping her out.

Anyway, I hope this second episode is a lot better.

the new mcg

the new mcg

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

Not one damn scene this episode. Shameful. It does look like we'll be getting plenty of HoYay next week though.

MoreRidonkulous

MoreRidonkulous

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 9:13 PM

Not one damn scene this episode. Shameful. It does look like we'll be getting plenty of HoYay next week though.

Actually, I think there was a vibe between Jamie and the blond Doctor lady with the very Lesbonic hair-cut. Whatever her name is. During the car ride.

Also, there was SO much potential in the scenes with Jamie and her two girlfriends.

captain sam

captain sam

Fanatic

• Interests:30 Rock, Alias, Battlestar Galactica, Bones, Blade: The Series, The Cosby Show, CSI, Eureka, Firefly, Friday Night Lights, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, The Inside, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Ugly Betty, Veronica Mars, Wonderfalls, Xena

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 10:15 PM

The NBC promos all emphasizing "Will she be her greatest enemy...or her greatest ally?" are really not helping with the lesbionic vibes. Not that I'm complaining. You'd think more shows would utilize a bunch of commercials in which two ostensible enemies stare smolderingly at each other.

DEM

DEM

Stalker

Posted Oct 5, 2007 @ 11:03 AM

Did I dream this or did Jaime actually say to Sarah, "Why do you want me, you psychopathic freak?"

Iamthewinner

Iamthewinner

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 3:01 PM

I haven't watched the show yet, but the ads make it look like it should be called Lesbionic Woman. I came here to see if it was HoYay or something more, they were pimped like Jim & Pam or something.

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 9:53 PM

The LesBionic Vibes were off the charts in this episode. I like the dynamic between Sarah/Jamie. Even if there was no HoYay, they make a good team.

easy e

easy e

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 9:59 PM

Yes, this is definitely the femslashiest show since Xena.

Neka

Neka

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 10:01 PM

I'm tickled (or confused) that Sarah was in Jaimie's dreams and then J. woke up...and there Sarah was. Smiling at her. It's sweet really.

DocOrlando

DocOrlando

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 10:06 PM

It had to be spelled out to me in the dialogue that the girl in Sarah's car who died in the crash was, indeed her sister. (And they did so, repeatedly, to the point of me saying, "Yes, OKAY, it's her SISTER!")

But still, y'know, that was NOT my first assumption.

NBCU bought Oxygen today, so maybe the network had even more estrogen pumping through the airwaves tonight.

Hail Ming

Hail Ming

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 10:24 PM

The LesBionic Vibes were off the charts in this episode.

Word! This show is a complete mess but, damn, it brings some grade A HoYay. I was shocked to find out that the girl in the car was Sarah's sister. Wow, Sarah just gay vibes with everybody. Here's hoping for a Sarah/Ruth scene in the future!

lumpia

lumpia

Couch Potato

• Interests:Shopping is my therapy.

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 10:36 PM

I too thought the girl in Sarah's car was a sister and not the sister.

I'm loving the hoyay - this whole eppy felt like foreplay or some sort of delicious lesbionic courtship. They are starting to give the Petrelli Brothers a run for their money. Heh.

Krysalis

Krysalis

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 10:39 AM

No way was that Sarah's sister!! Because how they played it would be totally incest. And besides, that girl looked nothing like Sarah, and in fact looked a lot like Jamie, which explained the hungry look she was giving Jamie when she was spying on them dancing in the living room. Damn you, Eick, for writing that sister shit! Eick is totally Rob Tapert's protege, the way he had me hoping there for awhile. Bastard.

hegellite

hegellite

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:01 PM

It had to be spelled out to me in the dialogue that the girl in Sarah's car who died in the crash was, indeed her sister. (And they did so, repeatedly, to the point of me saying, "Yes, OKAY, it's her SISTER!")

But still, y'know, that was NOT my first assumption.

I completely agree. My exact thoughts when watching this scene were, "The TWOPers were RIGHT!"

Then, I was like, "Wha--? Oh. Huh?" Because that is not at all the vibe I got from that scene.

Slinky

Slinky

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:23 PM

Oh, man. I am so glad I'm not on crack re: the sister stuff. I watched it and was like "... sister?! Is that supposed to be a metaphor?" I really almost wonder if that scene was first filmed with the intent of the other chick having been a "friend" (read: implied lover), but then they chickened out and switched it to sister only because NBC's not ready for the gratuitous HoYay, yet.

Diane114

Diane114

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:35 PM

Heh, kind of like how in the dubbed Sailor Moon they made Uranus & Neptune cousins instead of lovers. And then proceeded to beat us over the head with how they are COUSINS! in hopes that we wouldn't notice the smoldering glances and hand-holding.

Maybe the DVD (if BW lasts long enough) will include some deleted scenes...

willriley01

willriley01

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 8:59 PM

That scene had to have taken place in a different context before it aired. What sister seriously says, "You don't know me very well, Sarah". Okay it's paraphrased, but still... it's her SISTER, she should know. At least she should, if we're supposed to believe Sarah went nuts (possibly) over her sister's death. That line was just gay, literally. They should have taken it out.

Krysalis

Krysalis

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2007 @ 12:10 PM

I see that the HoYay was completely absent in this last episode. Too bad. It made the episode much less interesting and Jamie so boringly dull that I considered some self-flagellation to entertain myself while watching. Also too bad that Ruth was acting like she had a stick up her ass.

DocOrlando

DocOrlando

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2007 @ 11:00 PM

A stick without batteries, no less.