Lee Pace as Ned: Sweet as Pie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

313 replies to this topic

sweetjane

sweetjane

Fanatic

• Interests:Took my money,<br />I couldn't buy nothin'<br />I'm sick of this brave new world<br />And my whole life was like a picture of a sunny day

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 1:14 PM

From ABC Medianet:

Written expressly for Pace by executive producer Bryan Fuller (“Heroes”), “Pushing Daisies’” protagonist Ned is a man who brings people back from the dead -- with a single touch.

I'll admit that I was late getting on the Lee Pace train, but now I'm completely enamored of him. He was my favorite character in Wonderfalls and absolutely blew me away in Soldier's Girl, which was his first major acting gig. And what's amazing is that the two characters were completely different. One was an atheist studying theology who was thrown into an existential crisis and obsessed with cow creamers while the other was a transgendered nightclub singer who fell in love with a soldier. I have high hopes that he will make Ned just as charming and engaging a character.

On the shallow end, he is tall and gorgeous. Initially I thought his eyebrows were scary, but they have grown on me. I love his dimples, and especially his voice.

Illyria B

Illyria B

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 1:43 PM

He didn't play my favourite character in Wonderfalls, Caroline Dhavernas owns that show, but Aaron is definitley my second most favourite character. This weekend I'm rewatching the DVD box!

And you can really tell the part of Ned was written with Lee in mind, he is just perfect as Ned.

I haven't watched Soldier's Girl yet, but as soon as I can find it I will.

On the shallow end, he is tall and gorgeous.

I never noticed him being so tall in Wonderfalls, that's a recent discovery for me. And to be shallow I kind of find him even more gorgeous because of that.

stepliana

stepliana

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 2:01 PM

I never noticed him being so tall in Wonderfalls

It's pretty obvious in Crime Dog, the episode where they 'go' to Canada. He's at least a head taller than Caroline when they're standing.

That episode is also of note, because it showcases Lee Pace's inability to button his shirt. (It's AWESOME.)

Illyria B

Illyria B

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 2:08 PM

Crime Dog is my favourite Wonderfalls episode and I've watched it many times, guess I never really payed attention to the "shallow" stuff. That's also the first episode where you really get to see Lee shine as Aaron. All the scenes with Aaron and the cow creamer are priceless.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 5:01 PM

Hehe, Aaron and cow creamer.

Anyone heard in one of the Wonderfalls commentaries where everyone points out how sexy Lee (with his unbuttoned shirt) is and Caroline goes, "I should call him." lol It was hilarious.

Choo Choo

Choo Choo

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 11:48 PM

He has a lot of range as an actor - I saw him in The Good Shepherd and had no idea it was the same guy who played the transsexual in Soldier's Girl.

sweetjane

sweetjane

Fanatic

• Interests:Took my money,<br />I couldn't buy nothin'<br />I'm sick of this brave new world<br />And my whole life was like a picture of a sunny day

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 5:44 AM

Anyone heard in one of the Wonderfalls commentaries where everyone points out how sexy Lee (with his unbuttoned shirt) is and Caroline goes, "I should call him."

All of those commentaries are hilarious because I think they all (Caroline, Katie, Bryan, and Todd) had crushes on Lee. And who could blame them? I remember another instance when Katie said "He's so TALL," and there was all this sighing and murmurs of agreement, mixed with "He's the sweetest guy!" It's so fantastic that he's working with Bryan again.

I prefer his hair longer and shaggy like it was in Wonderfalls. It looks too short and neat in the promotional pictures for PD. (Just my opinion.)

Choo Choo

Choo Choo

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 1:27 AM

I just heard that he's going to be on Good Morning America today. Too bad I won't be waking up early enough to see him.

cacophony

cacophony

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 10:10 AM

He's 6'3 according to imdb (for whatever that's worth). But next to Kristin Chenoweth, he's a freaking giant. She actually had to stand on a coffee table to match his height.

sweetjane

sweetjane

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 4:47 PM

Lee looked great on The View, and it was funny to see him towering over all the ladies. I've barely watched that show before but they seemed to all be asking a lot of dumb questions when he was trying to explain the show. He seemed to get slightly flustered when they all started asking questions at the same time, I wish they would have just let him talk. But I do have to give them credit for bringing up Soldier's Girl.

From Lee's interview with TeenTelevision:

[As a kid] I looked horrible. I had big ears and funny teeth. I looked like a little monkey. There is this picture of me in swim team, awww, it's bad. I got swimmer's ear. I guess I don't have big ears anymore but I looked like a monkey with my hair always sticking up.

Aww, that just makes him more endearing to me. I wish I could see that picture.

xavier03

xavier03

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 8:14 PM

Awww, he's my new tv boyfriend. Sorry Zachary Levi.

Shanmac

Shanmac

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 8:34 PM

He reminds me so much of John Cusack.

Choo Choo

Choo Choo

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 12:13 AM

I thought he was great. He does well with both the comedic and dramatic moments.

seffina

seffina

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 7:03 AM

I absolutely adore him and he was one of the main reasons I was attracted to the show.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 10:06 AM

I'm starting to wonder what would happen if Ned walked barefoot on grass.

Marbree13

Marbree13

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 10:36 AM

Loving the character of Ned and Lee is doing i terrific job playing the character. Pushing Daisy's easly my favorite new show.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 12:05 PM

I'm absolutely in love with Ned. He's so cute and sweet, and I love his awkwardness, and all the smiles he kept sending Chuck's way made me swoon.

Feity

Feity

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 2:49 PM

I'm starting to wonder what would happen if Ned walked barefoot on grass.

heh! That would be very cool to see!

bugg5

bugg5

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 7:37 PM

I love Ned. Best character I've seen in awhile and I can't wait to learn more about him. Do we assume he's never been in a real relationship? That part confused me, but I feel like it will be sorted out. Oh and Lee Pace...I have never seen him before but you better believe I'm going to watch everything he's ever been in before. Adorable.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 9:39 PM

Someone should cast this guy as Shia LeBouf's older brother.

sweetjane

sweetjane

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2007 @ 4:43 AM

And you would not be the only one. On the Wonderfalls DVDs, in the commentary for the episode "Cocktail Bunny," everyone is swooning over Lee and Bryan Fuller says that he is "John Cusack and Nicolas Cage merged together in one big tall cup o' sex." Which I thought was perfect, and have used it to describe him ever since. Comparisons to John Cusack are always a good thing in my book.

I finally got to watch the pilot, and as I expected, Lee is wonderful as Ned. I loved it when he did that shuddery thing after he resurrected, then re-killed the criminal that Emerson was chasing who fell off the roof. And the character certainly has a lot of issues. I still miss Lee as Aaron Tyler on Wonderfalls, but he's still great as Ned (and it's only the first episode so obviously I need to give him time to develop).

nomadshan

nomadshan

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 5, 2007 @ 11:13 AM

Anybody else think he looks like Kevin Spacey? A lot?

Choo Choo

Choo Choo

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 5, 2007 @ 3:43 PM

On the Wonderfalls DVDs, in the commentary for the episode "Cocktail Bunny," everyone is swooning over Lee and Bryan Fuller says that he is "John Cusack and Nicolas Cage merged together in one big tall cup o' sex."

I can't believe he compared Lee to Nicholas Cage. Nicholas Cage is just...vomit inducing.

rue bee

rue bee

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2007 @ 8:20 PM

I am in love. He is beyond darling. And I'm not sure if I'm talking about Lee Pace or Ned.

Shanmac

Shanmac

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 11:49 AM

And you would not be the only one. On the Wonderfalls DVDs, in the commentary for the episode "Cocktail Bunny," everyone is swooning over Lee and Bryan Fuller says that he is "John Cusack and Nicolas Cage merged together in one big tall cup o' sex." Which I thought was perfect, and have used it to describe him ever since. Comparisons to John Cusack are always a good thing in my book.

Glad someone else sees it. I still love the Cusack (even after the armpit-sniffing, total-jackass rumors), and LP reminds me of a younger, sweeter JC.

liamarie75

liamarie75

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 12:23 PM

I was just saying that to my mother this weekend when I watched it. I thought I was the only one. Ooh, he is just too cute. Yes I believe he is now my new tv crush.

And not to be too off topic but:

I still love the Cusack (even after the armpit-sniffing, total-jackass rumors),

Shanmac , Oh no where did you here that? I love Cusack too.

bearsbeets47

bearsbeets47

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 8, 2007 @ 6:36 PM

I've just recently started watching Wonderfalls, and I'm in love with it. Lee Pace is absolutely adorable and funny, and I cannot WAIT for this week's episode of Pushing Daisies. Who else is completely stoked that it got 12 million viewers? Finally, people are watching something smart!

liamarie75

liamarie75

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2007 @ 7:49 AM

This is my first introduction to Lee Pace and he is just perfect in this role. Oh he is such a cutie and I am now all about finding out all their is to know about him! But IMDB and Wikipedia didn't have a whole lot. I am sure that will change as the show ***hopefully**moves forward. (crosses fingers)

angiekins

angiekins

Video Archivist

• Interests:Reading, traveling, theater, ballet, movies, music.

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 10:13 PM

O.K., I really loved Ned last week but this week I am in full-on girl-squeal crush!! He has the most amazing smile. I smiled like an idiot the whole episode!

Tabbyclaw

Tabbyclaw

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 12:58 AM

Me too, angiekins! This show makes my face hurt.