Morgan Grimes: Go Home, Morgan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

84 replies to this topic

sharpasamarble

sharpasamarble

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2008 @ 2:27 PM

Morgan definitely has the potential to annoy me as much as any other character. But maybe I've become numb to his antics, because he doesn't bother me any more than any other Buy More character at this point.

RickFromIllinoi

RickFromIllinoi

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 19, 2008 @ 6:08 PM

He was alot better when he was with Anna, but on the Marlin episode he acted like some kind of a stalker. It would help if they had him with Anna more so that he doesn't try to live his life through Chuck. While on the subject, in Imported Salami episode when Chuck told him that he had broke up with Sarah he said "Are you out of your mind? She's the best piece we will ever have.". I found that statement more than a little disturbing too.

NattyCCJ

NattyCCJ

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2008 @ 8:34 PM

While on the subject, in Imported Salami episode when Chuck told him that he had broke up with Sarah he said "Are you out of your mind? She's the best piece we will ever have.". I found that statement more than a little disturbing too.

It's funny you say that.
I just bought that episode on iTUNES (as well as the pilot, chuck vs. the undercover lover and chuck vs. the marlin) and as I was watching that scene, I couldn't help but laugh.
Yes, it's a little.. "freaky" to say the least, but it totally fits his personality, which makes the line perfectly morganesque.

Mint Chocolate

Mint Chocolate

Posted Oct 9, 2008 @ 8:42 PM

Morgan's hair looks great this season!

EvilGeniusClub

EvilGeniusClub

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2008 @ 2:56 PM

I did get a rather large chuckle from the "We lost Big Mike to donuts years ago."

While A Coyote

While A Coyote

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2008 @ 1:56 AM

Here's my new theory (presented originally in the Chuck Vs. The Fat Lady topic) as to why I think its now a good idea to have Morgan discover Chuck's secret:

Although I was originally against anyone in Chuck's life finding out about his spy life, over time its occurred to me how HILARIOUS it would be for Morgan to find out about it. Now I actually WANT it to happen, rather badly.

Why?

Think about some of the scenes, some of the benefits.

1.) Morgan's hero worship of Chuck gets ratcheted up another level. While that hero worship can occasionally come off as pathetic, and creepy, its ALSO pretty funny.

2.) We can get scenes of Morgan interfering with the missions. The comedic possibilities are near endless. Morgan deluding himself into thinking he's now "part of the team" and thrusting himself into things. Morgan having hilarious scenes with Casey, with Morgan acting buddy buddy to Casey and Casey seething almost to the point of throttling Morgan. Chuck having to go to bat for Morgan, to protect him. Morgan being brought in on the secret that Sarah is a "cover girlfriend" and then hitting on her. Morgan figuring out the real state of things between Chuck and Sarah. Morgan running into Bryce.

Eventually, when this kind of interaction gets tired, they simply persuade Morgan that his "job" for the CIA is to cover for Chuck at the Buy More, and things MOSTLY go back to normal.

3.) It would create situation to put Morgan, Awesome and Ellie in stories together, because Morgan would be covering for Chuck in that part of his life too. This is a good idea because it creates more legitimate situations to have "B plots" with Ellie and Awesome.

Also, a follow-up post on the idea:

And I second the suggestion that having Morgan find out Chuck's double life would be a fantastic move. Either him or Ellie finding out would be perfect, IMO.

Personally, I'd have issues with Ellie finding out. I mean what would be her "role" in the spy plots? "Being supportive"? Whereas Morgan has enormous potential, err... intersecting (pun intended) between the Buy More, AwesomeEllie and Spy plots. Morgan knowing the secret is the perfect way to tie everything together more tightly. Morgan is something the CIA has to control, that the NSA can threaten, that Chuck has to protect, that can annoy Casey, amuse Sarah, and create the THREAT of screwing up and leaking the secret further to Ellie and Awesome, while pulling back from actually doing it.

x22

x22

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 8, 2009 @ 9:08 PM

We can get scenes of Morgan interfering with the missions. The comedic possibilities are near endless. Morgan deluding himself into thinking he's now "part of the team" and thrusting himself into things.

Isn't that what Chuck is supposed to do? IMO, this is a possible jump the shark moment. The fact that Morgan would know Chuck is the intersect, and not "disappear" would completely destroy any semblence of realism and consistency in the show.

The last thing I want to endure is wacky Morgan ruining spy missions for his buddy Chuck.

Edited by TWoP Sun, Mar 9, 2009 @ 9:36 AM.
capitalization

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2009 @ 4:05 PM

For posterity's sake: the Morganuptials.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Jan 28, 2010 @ 2:17 AM

I do like that they've made Morgan more mature, but I hope the writers don't completely tame him. His one of the main players of the comedy part of the show, and now that he's living with Chuck, there's a lot of potential for wacky roommate shenanigans.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2010 @ 1:46 AM

Morgan, you magnificent bastard! Ignore the subtitle of this thread. DON'T GO HOME!

The comedy potential of his new "position" on the show is damn near endless.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2010 @ 8:44 PM

Welcome to Team Bartowski, Alfred. And nice work on identifying the fake fight, and talking Casey into going back to work.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2010 @ 8:46 PM

Just in general, Josh Gomez did fine work all season (when he wasn't at a "management seminar"). So this was a nice payoff.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2010 @ 2:54 PM

Morgan is now "the bestest" character on the show!

No really. Joking aside.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 8:54 PM

So, one episode in to the second part of season 3, and Morgan proves his worth to Team Bartowski. It's nice to see him managing to be helpful while still being Morgan.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2010 @ 9:37 PM

I've always found Morgan more endearing than annoying, but I still didn't expect to love him as much as I do as a member of the team. He's being so responsible and mostly competent and is proving to be helpful and resourceful and tougher than I would ever have imagined (he broke his own thumbs, for God's sake!). I'm really enjoying his evolution and the relationship he's forming with Casey.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2010 @ 11:12 AM

I'm really enjoying his evolution and the relationship he's forming with Casey.

Not so much a relationship as it is a "hilarious comedy team". Its pretty much a bullseye every time they put these two in a scene together.

thalassus

thalassus

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2010 @ 8:49 PM

With the Buy More gone, I would love for Morgan to try his hand again at becoming a Benihana hibachi chef. He can then learn knife skills from Sarah, and that should make for resolving, as Sarah has said, "You and I, we don't talk much."

I also would like for him to choose between Alex and Carina down the road.

Maximum Taco

Maximum Taco

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2010 @ 2:07 PM

Its pretty much a bullseye every time they put these two in a scene together.

While this is true, it's true for almost everyone in the cast. Teaming them up with Morgan inevitably makes them better. Remember the Morgan/Ellie team up when they're snooping around trying to figure out what Chuck's up to and he makes her learn a secret knock? Best. Ellie scenes. Ever.

Joshua Gomez on this show just makes everyone around him more enjoyable to watch, whether it's Ellie, Casey, Awesome, Chuck, or even General Beckman. Really the only one who doesn't consistently benefit from liberal additions of Morgan Grimes is Sarah.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2010 @ 11:53 PM

SpyMorgan turned out to be pretty funny in the first episode of the 4th season.

tootles86

tootles86

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 29, 2010 @ 10:16 PM

After tonight, my love for Morgan Grimes has tripled. I absolutely love what they are doing to his character and usually his bits (especially with Casey) are the best part of the show.

I also would like for him to choose between Alex and Carina down the road.

Can I second this? Who would have thought Grimes would have gone from creepy best friend sister stalker to a loyal buddy who is part of government activities and dating the daughter of a very scary Marine?

Love it!

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Nov 29, 2010 @ 11:14 PM

I get why Casey handed Morgan a gun in "Leftovers", but I was a tiny (tiny!) bit disappointed because I think Morgan should never have bullets.

Kosciusko

Kosciusko

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 6:29 PM

Morgan Grimes has come a long, long way from that "Go Home, Morgan" guy that inspired the title of this thread.

At the beginning of this show, he was a side-kick at best, and now he's a kick-in-the-pants who keeps things going.

Is it too late to change the thread title to something like "Morgan, the best ever BFF" -- because I really don't want him to go home.

thalassus

thalassus

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 9:06 AM

Now, more than ever, I don't want Morgan to "go home".

The recent, uhurm, developments, reminded me of this little conversation in "Helicopter":

Beckman: Our most valuable secrets have been sent to an idiot.
Graham: Well, at least they weren't sent to his friend.

Guy must be turning in his grave hard...

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

So Joshua Gomez apparently has chest tattoos. You can see some of his ink in one of the "The More You Know" PSAs he does with Zachary Levi. I Googled "Joshua gomez tattoos" and the first result was TWoP -- heh. Somebody noticed the cover-up makeup a while back.

thalassus

thalassus

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

It really is goodbye; Josh has apparently shaved it off...