Dr. Addison Montgomery: Still Ruler Of All That Is Evil?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

550 replies to this topic

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2010 @ 1:31 AM

I am glad Shonda kept her word about Addie getting her guy and happiness in the finale. In my head, I had my "Shonda is liar" rant already prepared in case she didn't keep her word. For once, I am really happy and have a little hope for Season 4. Being a tortured Addison fan for 5 seasons, I do have this overwhelming fear that it will be shot to hell. Shonda saying Season 4 will be about Addie being happy, her wanting to see Addison in a healthy relationship, and her liking Addie/Sam does have me hopeful and keeps me reassured.

From the TVGuide interview before the finale:

"She might put one foot down on the road to happiness," adds Walsh. "Like she dips her toes in the happiness pool, so hopefully in the fall she'll be full-on swimming in happiness."

So Addison dipped her toes in the happiness pool with finally getting with Sam. Therefore, I take it means she will be full-on swimming in the happiness pool next season with Sam.

After 5 seasons and so many dead ships, I just want to see Addison in a stable relationship for once. I hope it is with Sam because starting another new relationship at this point just seems silly. Of course, there will be drama, but I just want the endgame relationship. I see PP lasting for another season and quite possibly to season 5 (for syndication purposes). After five seasons of being tortured, I want one/two (depending on a season 5) seasons of a mostly Happy Addison in a stable relationship and hopefully having a baby or adopting. I don't want her happy ending to be a "blink and ya miss it" kinda thing.

HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2010 @ 3:24 PM

The actual dialogue in the finale spelling out that Addie & Sam make each other happy did make me think it was targeted at all the fans who had bombarded Shonda with tweets asking when Addie's happiness would be here LOL.

I would love it if they let them get back together and pick up where they left off. The way they are telling other people they love each other has kinda pissed me off. It takes away from their story.

Although I didn't enjoy the direction the storyline took in the latter half of this season, at least it ends with them together for the start of Season 4. The Naomi obstacle was glossed over in favour of the Pete/Lucas triangle this season, but it's obvious from the Addie/Naomi conversation in the finale that Naomi is still going to be one of their hurdles come Season 4, which I'm happy with. I'd rather see them facing obstacles together, than in a messy quadrangle again.

After five seasons of being tortured, I want one/two (depending on a season 5) seasons of a mostly Happy Addison in a stable relationship and hopefully having a baby or adopting. I don't want her happy ending to be a "blink and ya miss it" kinda thing.

Couldn't agree more, fingers crossed this is the start of it.

Edited by HelterSkelter, May 16, 2010 @ 3:27 PM.

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2010 @ 10:53 PM

I agree with you both of you. It's been a long time coming. Addie and Derek. Addie and mark. Addie and Alex. Addie and Pete. Addie and Kevin. Addie and Wyatt. Oh let's try Addie and Pete again..and Addie and Sam.

I liked some of these ships. Addie and Alex were fun but the moment Kate got her own show I knew it wouldn't end the way I wanted it to. I thought Addie and Wyatt had oodle of chemistry but a pregnant cute wife who was very likeable was hard to take. Sam and Addie took me totally by surprise. I never though Shonda would go there but I love it most of all.

It made private practice a show I watched because of Kate. I really had no passion for the show, just her. But now I look forward to season 4. I hope she and Sam are end game. It doesn't have to be easy. It just has to be good.

Edited by angelita100, May 16, 2010 @ 10:57 PM.

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2010 @ 10:20 PM

Oh let's try Addie and Pete again

I think they put the final nail in the Addie/Pete ship coffin.

Now that Addie/Sam are together, I hope it doesn't mean Addie's want for a baby will be swept under the rug again after such a build up and anvils. I thought the Addie/Pete relationship was more about Addie/Lucas anyways. Of course, it doesn't have to be brought up right away, but eventually I want to see it addressed again where hopefully Addie fights to have a baby of her own or adoption.

Grant Show's show was cancelled. Hopefully, Archer can come back for a visit. I would love to see his reaction to Addie/Sam. Also, I still want to know if he knew way before Addie did about Bizzy being a lesbian.

catswiskers

catswiskers

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2010 @ 5:41 PM

I think they put the final nail in the Addie/Pete ship coffin.

If it isn't, then they can't read the ratings.

Not that it ever was about Pete. Like you say it was always about Lucas, and it was a huge anvil on Addison's fertility issues. If they drop it for next season, it means that we had to endure Pete for nothing. Still, I don't see it coming up immediately. They still have to deal with coming out to the others, and going from the romantic phase to "the what are we going to do with the rest of our lives" phase.

Addison will not go there immediately. Not until she feels safe with Sam, and sure that he is not going anywhere. Considering Addison's luck with men, that might take some time.

HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2010 @ 10:37 AM

Still, I don't see it coming up immediately. They still have to deal with coming out to the others, and going from the romantic phase to "the what are we going to do with the rest of our lives" phase.

Agreed, I can see the baby storyline coming more into play late next season at the earliest, all depending on the longevity of the show. I think when Addie gets both the guy AND the baby, that will spell the end of the show.

Grant Show's show was cancelled. Hopefully, Archer can come back for a visit. I would love to see his reaction to Addie/Sam. Also, I still want to know if he knew way before Addie did about Bizzy being a lesbian.

I really hope Archer returns for another guest-arc next season too. I do think he probably knew about Bizzy before Addie, but maybe not for very long. Remember the argument in Addie's kitchen back in Season 2 when she tells him not to hurt Naomi, & Archer compares himself to the Captain ? Would be interesting to see his take on the revelation given the comparison, especially if he tries to turn over a new leaf & be the 'good guy in the storm' that he claimed he could never be.

Wish we'd had more follow-up to the episode when their parents visited. It was far too easily contained in the one episode, with no mention of Addie even speaking to Archer. Maybe after Archer cheated on Naomi, & Addie took Naomi's side (so to speak) & Archer left, maybe they haven't even spoken since then ?

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2010 @ 10:37 AM

Wish we'd had more follow-up to the episode when their parents visited. It was far too easily contained in the one episode, with no mention of Addie even speaking to Archer.

Agreed. Plus it went back to the WASP speak between Addison and her mother at the end of the episode. I would like to see their relationship go beyond just the WASP speak.

If Addison was to become a mother, I wonder if her relationship with Bizzy would change especially since Bizzy said that Addison doesn't know what it is like to be a mother. As much as I would love Addie to have her own baby, I can't help but be curious how Bizzy, The Captain, and Archer would react to Addison adopting, especially Bizzy. Would Addison's family be accepting of a child who is not a Forbes Montgomery!? I think that would be interesting to explore.

HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2010 @ 3:10 PM

As much as I would love Addie to have her own baby, I can't help but be curious how Bizzy, The Captain, and Archer would react to Addison adopting, especially Bizzy. Would Addison's family be accepting of a child who is not a Forbes Montgomery!? I think that would be interesting to explore.

It would be interesting & an adoption storyline could have great drama potential, rather than watching yet another pregnancy storyline that this show seems to love. But I can't see Addie going down that route until every option to have her own baby has been ruled out & she is settled in a relationship. And after having to endure Violet & then Maya's baby dramas, I'm in no immediate rush to see Addie engulfed in the next one. Addie/Sam need a honeymoon period (so to speak !) to start with. But hey, it's all dependent on how many episodes this show has left...

Edited by HelterSkelter, Jul 3, 2010 @ 5:38 AM.

HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2010 @ 5:39 AM

A gorgeous Addison picspam by easilyunwind on LJ.

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:44 PM

Shonda tweeted that she wants to see Addison's parent's and Archer again.

Wahoo! As mush as I love Addie and Sam, I don't want it to be her only storyline. Her parent's storyline was a breath of fresh air last season for me and my favorite Addison storyline so far.

HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2010 @ 8:47 AM

Her parent's storyline was a breath of fresh air last season for me and my favorite Addison storyline so far.

Stephen Collins is on the new ABC drama 'No Ordinary Family', but I'd love to see Archer again - if not her parents.

There is a new Shondaland challenge community on LiveJournal, with the contributions posted here. Lots of Addison stuff, including picspams/character essays. Fun read.