Dr. Addison Montgomery: Still Ruler Of All That Is Evil?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

550 replies to this topic

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 10:05 AM

Addison starts her new job in L.A. Will she change?

vickieb73

vickieb73

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 11:25 AM

God I hope Addison does change, but in a good way. The thing that is really starting to bug me about Grey's is the lack of character growth. Flawed characters are great because we get to watch them develop, grow and hopefully learn from past mistakes. Dark and Twisty Meredith was fun, but now she's McWhinebag and annoying the beejesus out of me. George is moving in the wrong direction entirely. I understand going back to move forward, but George is running the wrong way. I don't want Addison to fall into that trap.

Addison's life has been in flux the whole time we've known her. It still will be for awhile in LA. As Kate Walsh said Addie is like a bug on her back. Eventually she should right herself. Then we get to fully meet the real Addison in all her multi-dimensional glory. Then with any luck she'll begin to grow.

One reviewer said in the premier Addison is PrP's Meredith. I'm not sure which analogy best suites what I'm going say: a photo and its negative, or the same character at different points in life. I'm not unconvinced that Addison wasn't Meredith at some point in life. Because she's so flummoxed right now her inner Meredith is coming out a bit. Meredith over time, hopefully this season, will start to show her inner Addison as she grows more confident. I think that they are parallels of one another.

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 1:54 PM

Well, I think she is gonna change a little, cause we knew Addie in a whole different scenario, where she was trying to rescue her marriage, and she was supposed to fight to win derek back, we also got to know, the sweet and foolish addie and that combination of the hardness and at the same time weakeness made her Great.

Now she moves to LA, where she is starting from scratch, she has friends here so , she doesn´t have to be evil here hahahaha. I just hope she doesn´t lose that strong personalitty when she has to be bossy, and keep that clumpsy side of her when she feels vulnerable. That is what i love abt her!!!
Btw sorry if my english is not that good, Im latina! XD!

Edited by addiekate, Sep 26, 2007 @ 1:54 PM.

craizydaizy3

craizydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 1:54 PM

As Kate Walsh said Addie is like a bug on her back. Eventually she should right herself. Then we get to fully meet the real Addison in all her multi-dimensional glory. Then with any luck she'll begin to grow.

Agreed. We should call this "How Addison Got Her Groove Back." I feel like Addison needs to get through these first few episodes and find a routine so she can grow. I think Addison hasnt felt "at home" since she left New York, so we need to wait for her to settle in before we can start deciding whether or not she is still the Addison we know.

Down with sAddison and up with glAddison!

Edited by craizydaizy3, Sep 26, 2007 @ 1:54 PM.

EvilSatanBox

EvilSatanBox

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 2:15 PM

KW also said something about "bat wings" on the View. I'm rooting for bat wings. I love when Addison kicks ass.

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 4:59 PM

Yes, bring on the batwings!

Damn, I really wished that she had some interns to boss around sometimes. I will miss the gynobeast and her whole " Guess you should stay by the pregnant woman's side all day. See it it Dr. Bailey?" thing she had going on.

craizydaizy3

craizydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 5:52 PM

Damn, I really wished that she had some interns to boss around sometimes. I will miss the gynobeast and her whole " Guess you should stay by the pregnant woman's side all day. See it it Dr. Bailey?" thing she had going on.

Well she has Dell. He seems easy enough to push around. Even though Dell is their receptionist, he seems like he is everyone's bitch. He'll do whatever he has to for everyone to take him seriously.

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 6:11 PM

Yes. But unlike Alex, Dell doesn't seem to have an attitude problem that would make her go all Addison like. He seems like he's going to be too much of a doormat almost.

ShepherdSquared

ShepherdSquared

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 6:30 PM

For the love of batwings!

Yes. But unlike Alex, Dell doesn't seem to have an attitude problem that would make her go all Addison like. He seems like he's going to be too much of a doormat almost.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing the "You Burn the She-Shepherd, She Burns Back" dynamic between Addie and Dell, but who knows.

dealan

dealan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 10:10 PM

"Asskicking, name taking are on my resume" was the line of the night. I'd say that so far, Addison seems to be in character from S3 (flustered, frustrated, and somewhat on unsure footing), but it's nice to see that she's slowly working her way back to the kickass Addison of S2. She seems to be regaining her confidence, but I hope the writers take her back to the stronger Addison without making her act too stupid. The non-pilot was enough, thanks.

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 11:08 PM

I simply loved Addie today, she was great! The final speech, we could see on the same lines the 2 sides of Addie, the goofy one and the strong and powerful one, as she was telling she was not going anywhere! Perfect!

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 11:39 PM

Addison Rocks. She may have struggled at first to get her confidence but in the end she rocked it! I thought her transition to the new work environment was perfectly normal.

Her final speech sold it for me. It was totally kick ass Addie.

Kate Rocked it!

Marbree13

Marbree13

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 8:37 AM

This show is making me like Adi more then i have since i started watch Grey's and i thought the dancing nakid scene was hilarious.

goldentail

goldentail

Video Archivist

• Interests:Animal liberation and protection; and Environment preservation.<br /><br />On the shallow end, Kate Walsh and her new show Private Practice.Lol.

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 8:53 AM

I like the not-so-gloomy Addison in PrP. I love her being a bitch at GA but I'm really liking the side of her that isn't fully in control and just wants to be w/ some of her old friends to mend and get herself back on track.

vickieb73

vickieb73

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 9:01 AM

I happened to like Addie's speech at the end. I thought it was a good transition spot from flummoxed bug on her back Addie to Ass-kicing and name taking Addie. I look forward to seeing her next week.

NJSherry

NJSherry

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 9:43 AM

I thought Addie was great.

I loved the crouching down in the birthing-suite to get her self together.

REALLY loved the 'ass-kicking, name-taking" line.

And the speech at the end said it all... that's the Addison we've grown to love... she's not going to take any shit from anybody.

YOU GO, GIRL!

PS Please Shonda... don't screw with this strong, yet vulnerable, role model.

Coord38N27W

Coord38N27W

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 9:56 AM

Addison was Addison, thank God.
It was one of my biggest worries.
The goodbye scene has the right tone, a good change from the test pilot sent to the press. Dancing naked, that was a good way to show the start of a new life, good to set up the contrast from GA (S)Addison, and Sam is looking in. Oops, looks like life in LA has the same level of personal embarrassment that Seattle had, just less painful.
That was a good Addison day. Good balance between fish out of water Addison and kick ass Addison that is beautifully summarized in the final speech.

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 11:08 AM

So about the Addison wardrobe, because it is so important. I like the cute little pants suits but I want the cute little dresses and skirts back. I know it is shallow but Kate Walsh's legs should not be covered up.

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 2:57 PM

So about the Addison wardrobe, because it is so important. I like the cute little pants suits but I want the cute little dresses and skirts back. I know it is shallow but Kate Walsh's legs should not be covered up.

That , and I hope she keeps wearing the red lipstick, the heels and her glasses!!! She looks so glamorous with those glasses!

Edited by TWoP Sun, Sep 28, 2007 @ 1:15 AM.
Added capitals

moviegirl11

moviegirl11

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:34 PM

I didnt think Addison was her old self. She hasn't been her old self for a while... not since before the mouth-touching thing when she developed that random crush on Alex or the bickering she participated in over the Chief position with the other Attendings towards the 2nd half of last season of Greys. The old Addison was confident, sure of herself and her abilities and sure, not perfect but still, much more REAL than this Addison. I don't care much for the new Addison, personally. I liked her MUCH better in season 2 and the beginning part of season 3. Don't mean to bash her... I just really liked her character as we got to know her in S2 of Grey's and there didnt seem to be a trace of that in the premiere of PP. Just my opinion.

Edited by moviegirl11, Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:37 PM.

mattsmom

mattsmom

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:37 PM

I thought the NEW Addison is the weakest link in this show. Maybe she should be the hospital administrator but this wasn't Addison.

ShepherdSquared

ShepherdSquared

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:38 PM

Other than that cringeworthy "stop Addison-ing me" bit, which was the fault of the writing, I thought KW kept our Addie very much in character. The script could have been stronger, though. Her patient storyline didn't have any teeth to it. Sorry. We all knew that Addie would deliver the baby and save the mom's life. There was nothing else to the story.

Edited by ShepherdSquared, Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:47 PM.

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:44 PM

Honestly, in my opinion, I think Addison lost alot of her confidence at Seattle Grace. When first steped in, she was strong and confident. She got McDouchey back(sorta), then lost him. Mark came in but that did not work out, he was not what she wanted. She thought she wanted Alex and he was that guy, but again it failed as well. The only thing left was the chief of surgery job, which she lost. She lost her confidence in Seattle and I think we will see her getting it back in LA. All the baggage of SG, has been left behind and she can finally move forward. I saw a glimpse her her confidence returning when she stood up to everyone.

I am ready to leave Saddison behind and Im looking forward to a kick ass Gladdison.

addiekate

addiekate

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:48 PM

Addie is the same as always, but I mean she is the newbie now , and she is not coming to be the evil witch again cause no one is being mean to her! So she is just adjusting; I see it totally normal, she can not be the same in all the situations cause that would not look real. Besides the great thing abt Addison is that she can go from hilarious to bitchy.

Edited by TWoP Sun, Sep 28, 2007 @ 1:16 AM.
Adding capitals

moviegirl11

moviegirl11

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:57 PM

Honestly, in my opinion, I think Addison lost alot of her confidence at Seattle Grace. When first steped in, she was strong and confident. She got McDouchey back(sorta), then lost him. Mark came in but that did not work out, he was not what she wanted. She thought she wanted Alex and he was that guy, but again it failed as well. The only thing left was the chief of surgery job, which she lost. She lost her confidence in Seattle and I think we will see her getting it back in LA. All the baggage of SG, has been left behind and she can finally move forward. I saw a glimpse her her confidence returning when she stood up to everyone.

I agree with most of this. She was also a little bit bitchy when she first showed up at SG. That was one of the things that made me go from hating her to absolutely loving her. I feel like they stripped all that down when she was on Grey's. The problem I have is that she's acting kind of childish. I feel like the writers are forcing her to act like this insecure, flirty/coy 22-year-old who just graduated college and is trying to make it at the big-kids table. It seems like such a major waste of all of that set-up for her character. She's successful, she's gorgeous, she's talented and they have her dancing around naked.

I think I might like her if I didnt know the old Addison. Who knows...

EvilSatanBox

EvilSatanBox

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 7:12 PM

So about the Addison wardrobe, because it is so important. I like the cute little pants suits but I want the cute little dresses and skirts back.

Does anyone else think it's odd that Addison moves from a colder to a warmer climat and from skirts into pants. Seems a little backwards to me. The skirt is such an Addison trade mark. And the glasses.

I too thought Addison was a bit of a weak link in last nights episode, but that's to be expected since I had a predetermined idea of what she was supposed to be like that I didn't have with the other characters. Also, what with Sam seeing her naked and Naomi not telling anyone she would be working at Oceanside, she had a really weird day. And she'd not supposed to fit in in L.A. right away anyway. So yeah. I'm not too tore up about it.

One thing I've really missed about Addison though is the sarcasm. Remember when Addie was all lovely and sarcastic all the time. Baring, "God wants you to be an adulterer?" we haven't had any of that in a while. I want it back.

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 12:19 AM

I just watched Grey's Anatomy premiere(big mistake) and finally realized noone really cared about Addison except the chief. No, I did not expect everyone to be heartbroken, but my gosh give me a little something from someone for crying out loud. Not even Mark, cared in fact he said the only reason he came out to Seattle was not for Addison but for Derek(gag me). WTF? I never want Mark to show up in LA since he never really cared about her in the first place. So, now Im even more hooked on PrP and Addison's new life and starting over. Hopefully, these people will actually give a crap about her.

craizydaizy3

craizydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 5:04 PM

And the glasses.

If I don't see those glasses soon, I'm going to be very disappointed. Those are her trademark. She can't read a chart without them! Well, that's what we were lead to believe.

Gideon Brown

Gideon Brown

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 5:07 PM

I just watched Grey's Anatomy premiere(big mistake) and finally realized noone really cared about Addison except the chief.

That's cause she was a plot device. Now, she's more her own character. Free of the plot device-ness.

cast50s

cast50s

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 5:31 PM

especially when you're up against Addison Montgomery, possibly the most appealing person in the television universe

From the TWOP recap of Gossip Girl's second episode...it made me laugh but I also agree completely (at least about New/York/Seattle Addison; on LA Addison this jury is still out)!

Edited by cast50s, Sep 29, 2007 @ 5:35 PM.