(TMZ) Thirty Mile Zone: Yes, It's Now A TV Show, Too

• Please log in to reply

305 replies to this topic

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 1:14 PM

I didn't see a thread for this, so I started one. I found out while turning to my FOX station last week that apparently Harvey Levin finally found a way to make his TMZ website a show. Also, apparenty it's the number one new syndicated show of the season. I have no clue if I ever want to watch it again after last week's O.J. obsession.

lissy

lissy

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 9:07 AM

I've been turned off by the OJ obsession too. They've got a bit of Britney obsession going on too but that doesnt bother me as much. I love the website and I've been enjoying the show. You should give it another chance. Dont let the OJ thing stop you!

Barrett0033

Barrett0033

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 9:39 AM

I don't usually watch entertainment news shows, but I love this one. Snarky as hell and I crack up at least once an episode. Glad to see it's doing well.

And might I add that as someone who has the best and funniest boss in the world, I think Harvey Levin would be a trip to work for as well.

OldMizzentop

OldMizzentop

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 2:13 AM

So now I know: the Harvey Levin who runs tmz.com is the same Harvey Levin who did the audience surveys on
The People's Court. I'd thought there were two.

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 9:40 PM

Oh man I knew I knew him from somewhere!

madfortv

madfortv

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 5:58 PM

OMG and not in a good way. I saw this show for the first time tonight. Talk about skeevy and scary. BIG BROTHER IS HERE! They were happily talking about turning over their tapes of Britney to KFed's lawyers and to the Judge. What next? Will they have video cameras on every street corner so they can turn us all into our spouses, the cops, the Feds.

bimbo du jour

bimbo du jour

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2007 @ 5:01 PM

They were happily talking about turning over their tapes of Britney to KFed's lawyers and to the Judge.

I believe those tapes were subpoenaed by Kevin's attorneys. I can't feel sorry for Britney -- she courts the paparazzi and brings it on herself.

stace25

stace25

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 13, 2007 @ 5:14 PM

How soon before the "stars" of this show start being followed?

halfajew

halfajew

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 4:12 PM

I liked Celebrity Eye Candy much better than this. TMZ gives me a headache.

Melina Detroit

Melina Detroit

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2007 @ 2:10 PM

I caught this show for the first time last night, by accident. (It plays here about 2 am and I had insomnia.) Wow - it's pretty trashy and mean. I like snark, but still....

ET's reaction to Marie Osmond's faint was "Poor Marie! It's probably allergies. But she's fine now." TMZ's report made the whole thing sound like the result of a returning eating disorder, compounded by the horrific fact that she drank a Red Bull afterwards, and even more shocking - insisted on getting her scores instead of grabbing the first ambulance to the hospital. They made her sound like a self-destructive, eating-disordered diva. Yikes.

So TMZ won't be on my regular viewing schedule, except when I have insomnia and have to choose between TMZ and an infomercial for the latest Swiffer.

Edited by Melina Detroit, Oct 24, 2007 @ 2:12 PM.

Circus Poodle

Circus Poodle

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 6:32 PM

The endless film of their camera persons stalking celebs is getting old quickly, I agree. But they sometimes do get something newsworthy (celeb news-worthy) like Orlando Bloom attempting to book it away from a crash scene. Or...okay, I can't think of anything else.

They don't have to be so mean, though. It's enough to just let us see what the celebs have to say. Oh, and they're breaking AFTRA rules by refusing to pay AFTRA scale for the on camera appearances of their 'commentators', so there's that.

Lastly...leave...Britney...alone! ;-)

hurtinfrog

hurtinfrog

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2008 @ 9:54 AM

This is a program that needs explaining: Who are these retarded 20 somethings? Why is Harvey scribbling on a see through "white board?" If Britney, Lindsay and Miley decided to leave the TMZ would there be a show? Could be the curb lurkers pay to have their occupation featured. Is there anyone more bizarre looking than the guy, "Adnon?", wo drove Britney around for a night or so?

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 31, 2008 @ 11:52 AM

Hi everyone, I just wanted to note that I edited "Thirty Mile Zone" into the topic title, so that it will turn up in searches.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2008 @ 7:39 PM

I love how today's discussion went from "Brit's in the Psych Ward!" to "Dannielynn has an ear infection" in the span of 30 seconds.

Zigzag

Zigzag

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2008 @ 7:52 PM

Dannielynn has an ear infection

Oh no! That's awful! I mean...TMZ's been talking about this, but not ET?! Oh the humanity!

2 sweetpeas

2 sweetpeas

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 1, 2008 @ 12:21 AM

Note to Britney: You know you've hit rock bottom when Courtney Love is offering you advice...

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2008 @ 1:54 AM

Who are these retarded 20 somethings? Why is Harvey scribbling on a see through "white board?

I don't know why, but I really like that format. The whole white board thing doesn't make any sense, but I think that's why I like it. The show is a lot more laid back than some dumb journalist acting like they're trying to cure cancer. My favorite is probably the surfer dude that always comments on the hot chiiiixxx and always wears plaid.

Edited by Screamie, Feb 1, 2008 @ 1:55 AM.

StarrShine

StarrShine

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 2, 2008 @ 2:37 AM

Damm you Harvey. I am addicted to your stupid show. It is worse than crack. What is up with that insanely hot dude with the long blonde hair? Why is he on TMZ and not modeling boxer briefs in the pages of Mens Vogue.

2 sweetpeas

2 sweetpeas

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 2, 2008 @ 4:26 PM

I don't know why, but I really like that format. The whole white board thing doesn't make any sense, but I think that's why I like it.

I dunno, the boss man just comes across as a conceited prick while all the little dirt diggers try to impress him with their fabulous insider gossip. It annoys me, but alas, I still watch.

StarrShine

StarrShine

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 2, 2008 @ 7:06 PM

So are all those suckups trying to impress HL, the actual photogs who go out and about and take pix of celebs, or are they behind the scenes office support staff?

Peace05

Peace05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 2, 2008 @ 8:40 PM

I watched this show and I couldn't believe these parasites reporting mostly on the salacious gossip of the moment. They laugh and make fun of the stars and act that they are so above the stars. Levin acting like an idiot with his plastic big gulp container. They dehumanize and harm the celebrities and laugh about it, acting like they are cool and above it. Complete garbage from a human parisite.

Sort of like a leech telling the fish they latched onto that its blood isn't good enough.

My two cents about Britney, media whore with a touch of mental illness. No album of worth, no tour, no adoring fans-find new ways to create attention.

whyistherumgone

whyistherumgone

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2008 @ 8:56 PM

My two cents about Britney, media whore with a touch of mental illness. No album of worth, no tour, no adoring fans-find new ways to create attention.

If the info leaked from the psych ward is true (along with what many people close to her have been saying for a while), from personal experience, 'severe bipolar disorder' is a just a wee bit more serious than 'a touch of mental illness'...

That being said, this show disgusts me in every possible way.

Edited by whyistherumgone, Feb 2, 2008 @ 8:57 PM.

Peace05

Peace05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 2, 2008 @ 9:06 PM

If the info leaked from the psych ward is true (along with what many people close to her have been saying for a while), from personal experience, 'severe bipolar disorder' is a just a wee bit more serious than 'a touch of mental illness'...

I hope I am wrong, most celebrities have me so jaded. Most of them will do and say anything to shill a product, book, movie, record, that it is hard to see a young woman struggling with mental illness. I just leave a bit of space for the idea that there is more to this than just mental illness.

hurtinfrog

hurtinfrog

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2008 @ 9:11 AM

The only fascinating pics of this program is of Britney's babies. K-Fed may be a non-entity as far as the talented Hollywood celebs go, but at least he is there for the boys. Hopefully in a positive way.

EarthToJane1999

EarthToJane1999

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 3, 2008 @ 8:14 PM

I like TMZ. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is: Pure gossip. Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood try to treat celebrity gossip like real news which it clearly isn't. TMZ is sleazy and knows it. It's hard to resist such brutal honesty.

mccurdy

mccurdy

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 5, 2008 @ 5:33 PM

I like TMZ. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is: Pure gossip. Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood try to treat celebrity gossip like real news which it clearly isn't. TMZ is sleazy and knows it. It's hard to resist such brutal honesty.

I could not agree more. It is so refreshing to see these people (the TMZers, not the celebs they stalk) treat this gossip like the hilarous bullshit it is. Nothing grates more than TV people who treat everything they talk about (whether politics or weather or some local news story or a celeb interview) as some highly important and earth-shattering event.

The TMZers look like they're having fun, they seem to be in on the joke -- unlike the breathless hosts of ET, Access, and the infotainment segments on Today and GMA and others. I don't ever get the feeling they're trying to "sell" me a story. I also like the format in that it seems like the staff is in their daily planning meeting and pitching whatever "stories" they've got. It allows them to get inconsequential snippets of tape on air that aren't strong enough to stand alone. And it prevents them from having to make a whole tortured story out of 4 seconds of videotape like those other show would do. Honestly, TMZ makes me think Harvey Levin is a genius.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Feb 5, 2008 @ 6:53 PM

How soon before the "stars" of this show start being followed?

Man, that would be just a high level of schadefraude.

But yeah, I like the brutal honesty of it. It's not like People Magazine or Access Hollywood...it doesn't try and pretend that it's somehow above it all.

Edited by MethodActor05, Feb 5, 2008 @ 6:59 PM.

YuppieLawyer

YuppieLawyer

Stalker

Posted Feb 5, 2008 @ 8:20 PM

Brutal honesty about how sleazy you are still makes you sleazy. I find Harvey Levin to be such a despicable human being. I really hope people get sick of this show fast and stop watching so it can be cancelled.

StarrShine

StarrShine

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2008 @ 12:41 AM

K-Fed may be a non-entity as far as the talented Hollywood celebs go, but at least he is there for the boys. Hopefully in a positive way.

Word. A year ago, who would have thunk that K Fed would prove to be the responsible parent in all this, and that Britney would be the one displaying all the symptoms of not really giving a shit about her kids. Weird.

hurtinfrog

hurtinfrog

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2008 @ 11:48 AM

Would someone identify or at least confirm what I think I saw....one of "Harvey's reporters"; a female, bovine face, serious attitude about her information....is now a black person? Could have sworn she was nordic in other episodes. Is this the new fashion?