Private Practice in the Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1487 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 12:02 PM

Media-y!

Please use this thread for linking to and light discussion of articles, and other Private Practice media coverage.

You may link to promotional materials (like previews and ABC episode press releases) in this thread, but discussion of them doesn't belong here. I won't moderate out those links, but it makes more sense to just link to them in the Unspoiled Speculation thread (or Spoilers, if you're spoiled and your speculation involves knowledge of those spoilers), since that's where the discussion belongs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the Mod thread.

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Apr 29, 2010 @ 11:25 AM.

Coord38N27W

Coord38N27W

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 5:02 PM

A reviews
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

Kate Walsh takes her Dr. Addison Montgomery out of Seattle and away from the whiny gals in the hospital and hooks up with an elite medical co-op in L. A.

No more whiny gals. Oh so true.

Edited by Coord38N27W, Sep 25, 2007 @ 5:02 PM.

Aeebae

Aeebae

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 5:36 PM

KS is will to be interviewed on E! tonight.

adfan

adfan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 5:39 PM

Newsday - ABC's 'Private Practice' is bad medicine
People - Taye Diggs Awaits Prognosis on Private Practice

Coord38N27W

Coord38N27W

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 6:02 PM

Fox Italy calls it most expected show of the new season.

Aeebae

Aeebae

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 9:39 PM

Here's an interview with SR about PrP:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Pe-MRNZ7HX8

sobe

sobe

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 10:37 PM

LA Times review. Not terrible, all things considered, and the reviewer thinks the kinks can still be ironed out.

craizydaizy3

craizydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 11:15 PM

Official Trailer (from Upfronts)
Promo 1
Promo 2
Promo 3
Promo 4
Promo 5
Promo 6
Dell/Addison clip from 1.01

Edited by craizydaizy3, Sep 25, 2007 @ 11:17 PM.

goldentail

goldentail

Video Archivist

• Interests:Animal liberation and protection; and Environment preservation.<br /><br />On the shallow end, Kate Walsh and her new show Private Practice.Lol.

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 11:22 PM

Loving "Private Practice" requires a willingness to accept that the old Addison Montgomery is no more, and to open our hearts to the modern Mary Richards of medicine taking her place, the girl who can somehow afford beachfront property and who performs dance moves such as the Funky Lawn Sprinkler and the Bad Robot naked, and in front of her window where her neighbor can see.

Only a cruel person would want Addison to remain unhappy in order to keep us interested in her, but we're not sure we can take new Addison brought to life in stupid Rhimesian banter, quirkily comical background music and scenes in which both the surgeries and the emotional lessons are challenging.

Article Source

adfan

adfan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 11:51 PM

Shonda and Betsey did an interview with the LA Times.
Grey Co. goes 'Private' - 'Anatomy's' co-captains insist they won't let spinoff status limit the new show

USA Today - 'Practice' is far from perfect
'Practice' needs substance, less goofiness
TV Review: 'Private Practice' has stars, but no luster
`Practice': A New Shade Of `Grey's'
Wednesday's the night for actresses to sparkle

craizydaizy3

craizydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:20 AM

By the time Addison suffers a panic attack over a pregnant patient in crisis, you realize you are not watching the intimidating, competent Addison who made Seattle Grace interns quake. You are watching Meredith Grey as played by Kate Walsh. Creator Shonda Rhimes has merely swapped locations for one neurotic heroine.

Pitiful 'Practice'

This is by far the harshest one yet

Edited by craizydaizy3, Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:33 AM.

Coord38N27W

Coord38N27W

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:34 AM

More reviews
InsideBayArea.com
Houston Chronicle

dreamy

dreamy

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:39 AM

Not much better from The New York Times.

sobe

sobe

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 1:42 AM

Oceanside Doctors finally updated (yay), and Taye's Ellen interview is available st the bottom of the page. Not feeling the bowtie, but he's still a pretty, pretty man.

Edited by sobe, Sep 26, 2007 @ 1:43 AM.

goldentail

goldentail

Video Archivist

• Interests:Animal liberation and protection; and Environment preservation.<br /><br />On the shallow end, Kate Walsh and her new show Private Practice.Lol.

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 5:01 AM

Positive Review: Walsh gets 'Practice' off to a healthy start

cast50s

cast50s

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 5:15 AM

I have to say I'm pretty glad about the reviews, cause they are all trying to pass the same message: first, keep Addison consistent, second, make the storylines a little more believable than ferryboat accidents. Maybe if both the viewers and the reviewers keep repeating it, someone up there (talking to you Shonda) will get the message.
I'm just worried at what one of the journalists wrote: Charlotte seems the new Addison in terms of attitude...but on GA there were Bailey, Addison, Callie, altogether, so maybe we could have more than one tough character, pretty please! Remember Shonda, if I liked Meredith I wouldn't be watching PrP, so making Addison the new Meredith is a no, no!

goldentail

goldentail

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 5:26 AM

Hopefully it's accurate: Poll Predicts Private Practice to Prevail in Time Slot

katerules

katerules

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 6:32 AM

More reviews:

'Private Practice,' debuts tonight with a not-so-heavy tone
Be patient with 'Private Practice

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 11:29 AM

The vibe I'm getting from a majority of the reviews is, "It's an improvement from the pi-not (hee), there's still more work to do, all the pieces are there for something great." And that's much better than "It's a big ferrywreck!" for a show with such scrutiny and expectations.

That Boston Herald review was particularly harsh (he didn't have enough bad things to say, he had to call Tim Daly old-looking too?)

alrunya

alrunya

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:08 PM

They all just need to see the second episode already, and then they'll probably shut up about it.

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:35 PM

Guys, there will probably be some more announcements about guidelines/forum rules in the next couple of days, but this one is important so this is being posted here and in the Kate Walsh thread, as it currently applies to both:

HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY

Asking for a specific video to be put on YouTube or for an article to be scanned or linked to is considered a waste of space, along the lines of "Me too" and "Squee" posts. Someone is likely to get those things up once they exist. If you don't have something else to add, don't post link/video/picture requests. And look back in the thread to make sure you've seen previous links.

HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 2:34 PM

TV Guide - Shonda Rhimes talking about PrP (YouTube video)

eck

eck

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 8:18 PM

Private Practice needs to grow up
0/4 for Series Premieres Tonight
"It is as good, and sometimes better, than its parent series."
Grey's Anatomy 2: Sexual TensionReview of Episode 1

Seems promising that the second episode delivers.

Edited by eck, Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:10 AM.

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 11:59 PM

Private Practice: Absolutely Wonderful

sobe

sobe

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 12:32 AM

Tim & Kate interview. It's from TCA, but I don't think it's an interview we've seen yet.

Edited by sobe, Sep 27, 2007 @ 4:59 AM.

eck

eck

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 4:35 AM

Kristin @ E's Save it or Sink it Poll

Private Practice

* 43% Save it
* 32% Sink it
* 25% Haven't seen it yet

-note that, despite the fact it has a high sink it, it has highest Save It percentage compared to Bionic Woman, Life and Dirty Sexy Money

Episode Recap

Coord38N27W

Coord38N27W

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 6:39 AM

I think the jury is still out, but you can bet I’ll be tuning in next week to fill you in on all the drama.-ivillage Review with recap, spoiler warning for those who haven't seen 1.01.
TV Squad:

In retrospect, the episode was less disappointing than when I watched it two weeks ago. I cannot pinpoint why the change of heart since the episode was practically the same as the one I watched...maybe it was because I saw it on TV instead of a computer or because I had too weeks to think about it, I don't know. It wasn't a stellar episode but it paves way to better ones (and people who saw the second episode told me it gets better).

Associated Content - recap and review

Good job Kate Walsh. You gave one hell of a strong performance on your own without your former cast.

Edited by Coord38N27W, Sep 27, 2007 @ 6:50 AM.

adfan

adfan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 8:32 AM

EW' Review - ''Practice'' Makes Imperfect

AddisonLove

AddisonLove

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 10:32 AM

Private Practice Debuts to Delight Grey's Anatomy Fans

The cast knew where it was going and it appears that ABC has another hit on their hands as they may have a Grey’s Anatomy clone to garner up ratings on Wednesday nights every week this season!

EW' Review - ''Practice'' Makes Imperfect

This reviewer is reviewing the old episode, that was first shown to the panel, not the new episode that showed last night. They have the opening scene all wrong.

Edited by AddisonLove, Sep 27, 2007 @ 10:36 AM.

cast50s

cast50s

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 11:06 AM

Moved to the proper thread.

Edited by cast50s, Sep 27, 2007 @ 11:13 AM.