Spoilers: Thanks for the Tip, Ponch!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1805 replies to this topic

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 4:07 PM

If anyone comes up with a better quote, let us know.

Anyway, since we're supposed to talk here about the pilot until it officially airs, I've seen 2 different versions, and am very heartened that the only big difference was dropping of the locker room scene. The friends I watched this with were impressed and said it had a lot of energy. Plus Captain Awesome.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 4:18 PM

"Captain Awesome" might be my favorite thing. And I saw the very early version of the pilot, but don't remember the locker room scene. Please remind me.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Sep 21, 2007 @ 4:18 PM.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 4:36 PM

They were running through the hotel to get to the ballroom, and Chuck led them through the men's locker room/sauna, with several overweight older men walking around. Chuck was mortified, but Sarah pushes him on.

Paul O Regan

Paul O Regan

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 5:04 PM

They dropped the locker room scene? :( Aw, that scene was great. Especially Chuck's "I'm sorry, that was a lot of genitalia" afterwards. :D

Edited by Paul O Regan, Sep 21, 2007 @ 5:05 PM.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 5:34 PM

It was funny, but it wasn't strictly necessary, and allowed for a smidgen more time for other things. Or I could be imagining that.

hazza123

hazza123

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 6:09 PM

I saw a clip the other day, on set of, I think it was 1.04, titled "Chuck Vs. the Wookie", where the Villian of the week was an extremely hairy, speedo wearing man.

Beanster

Beanster

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 10:09 PM

I never saw the locker room scene, but I also loved Captain Awesome. And I'm strangely finding Chuck's friend (I forget his name..that's been happening all night to me) adorable and not annoying like I thought he would be.

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 1:26 AM

I thought the pilot was 'awesome'. Hee. For some reason, 'Captain Awesome' reminded me of a blonde Dean Winchester. I don't know if the rest of you watch Dexter but I thought it was great to see Masuka. I think it will be even better when it's actually on TV as I thought the opening sequence was a little too 'action-intense' for my computer as it was kind of overwhelming. I haven't heard/read any other spoilers, but that was definitely a great pilot episode.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 9:38 AM

The spoilers I read in the old thread stated that all the eps were going to be named "Chuck vs the ...", which I wish I had read before naming this thread.

Kaitlin862

Kaitlin862

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:03 AM

'Captain Awesome' reminded me of a blonde Dean Winchester

To me 'Captain Awesome' reminds me of Keith from Scrubs, I think the actors could totally play brothers. I have a felling that Captain Awesome might be my favorite character.

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 11:32 AM

Hee..Our title should be:

Chuck Spoiler Thread: Thanks for the tip, Ponch!

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 5:46 PM

"Captain Awesome" might be my favorite thing.

I remember reading the sides to this show way back before I knew much about it, and the only thing that stuck with me is how absolutely awesome Captain Awesome is.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 7:21 PM

Chuck Spoiler Thread: Thanks for the tip, Ponch!

Chuck Moderator Thread: Thanks for the tip, Ponch!

BoDiva

BoDiva

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:12 PM

I very much enjoyed the pilot, which I watched On Demand today. The chemistry between Chuck and the CIA agent was believable, the sinister hints at backstory are intriguing, and Chuck's friend, sister, and Captain Awesome all rock in their own quirky ways.

Edited by BoDiva, Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:12 PM.

MMissroon

MMissroon

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:37 PM

I really liked this pilot. Great chemistry between all the characters. I also thought Captain Awesome reminded me of Keith from Scrubs. The Ponch line cracked me up. The only gripe I have is with the obvious stunt-man shots in the opening scene. When Bryce is running along the roof of the building, it is really obvious that it's not the actor. (I mean, like, 70's cop show obvious.) Other than that, I thought the show was really well written and filmed. This will probably be my favorite new show of this season.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 4:37 AM

The only gripe I have is with the obvious stunt-man shots in the opening scene. When Bryce is running along the roof of the building, it is really obvious that it's not the actor. (I mean, like, 70's cop show obvious.)

Yeah, but that's way better than the incredibly not-a-chick "Sarah" at Chuck's house stealing the Mac. I mean, with the rooftop thing, I didn't even think once it wasn't the normal Bryce actor.

Guinny

Guinny

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 1:09 PM

For some reason, 'Captain Awesome' reminded me of a blonde Dean Winchester.

For a moment there, I was going, "Dude, Dean Winchester is, like, totally blonde." but then I googled and stood corrected. Captain Awesome FTW!

Did someone see that other, dark-haired chick (she was in some of the promo shots) on the screencaps that were released recently? And no, I don't mean Sarah Lancaster, but the other one.

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 10:20 PM

Did someone see that other, dark-haired chick (she was in some of the promo shots) on the screencaps that were released recently? And no, I don't mean Sarah Lancaster, but the other one.

Apparently that's Natalie Martinez as Kayla. According to Wiki she's 'Kayla Hart, a heretofore unspecified character'. I honestly don't know if she's someone in a future episode or if she was cut from the pilot, etc.

Edited by rowanceleste, Sep 23, 2007 @ 10:21 PM.

jjfc

jjfc

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

I hope IMDB is wrong and Captain Awesome is in more episodes than the pilot. I'm afraid he's the type of character that wouldn't survive network "notes."

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 9:32 PM

I hope IMDB is wrong and Captain Awesome is in more episodes than the pilot. I'm afraid he's the type of character that wouldn't survive network "notes."

jjfc - He definitely is, because Phil Klemmer talked about writing scenes for Captain Awesome in his episode and that was episode 5 or 6, I think.

Krabat

Krabat

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 7:01 AM

Episode 2 promo:
Chuck vs. the Helicopter

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 10:31 AM

Thanks for posting the promo! That looks great! I wish they'd do what VM was doing in the last season and put extended promos on their MySpace though.

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 11:02 AM

I think the clips of Chuck in a tux are from episode 3, "Chuck Versus The Tango."

Does anyone know the actress who throws the knife at Chuck's crotch? She looks verrry familiar.

Hell yay to another car chase, Adam Baldwin comedy at Buy More, and Sarah fighting in a Hot Dog Stand getup!

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:51 PM

Just so you guys know: Promos aren't spoilers. Feel free to create a promos/commercials thread. Thanks.

MoreRidonkulous

MoreRidonkulous

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 11:38 AM

There's a spoiler about Rachel Bilson guest starring in a multiple episode arc over in the Media thread. Since we can't really talk about it there, let's try here...

Since Rachel was the single best part of The O.C., this is awesome. The article about this says she's playing a Chuck romantic interest.

So... good job, Josh, getting her over on Chuck, even if its just for a few episodes!

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 4:22 PM

There's a spoiler about Rachel Bilson guest starring in a multiple episode arc over in the Media thread. Since we can't really talk about it there, let's try here...

I never watched the OC, but I like the fact that a well-known (and apparently liked) actress is coming over as there will be some that will just start watching for Rachel Bilson and then of course, they'll get hooked! From the sound of it, she'll be another agent, although I can't tell if she'll be NSA or CIA.

ETA: Hee! According to Kristin Veitch (Dos Santos), one of the secrets in Chuck's head, is who shot down Oceanic flight 815, aka the plane on Lost.

Edited by rowanceleste, Sep 29, 2007 @ 6:04 PM.

MoreRidonkulous

MoreRidonkulous

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 6:28 PM

Here are more new "Chuck" on-set pictures from the lovely Rachel Bilson. This time looking a lot more glam, since she's "in costume".

Dezdemona

Dezdemona

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2007 @ 10:58 AM

Delighted to see Rachel Bilson coming aboard, and I'm placing my bet early that she turns out to be Jill, who is also now an agent. :)

Feity

Feity

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2007 @ 10:59 AM

that was my guess, too.

If I heard correctly, Josh Schwartz's wife or girlfriend or whatever is named Jill, and he met her because she's Rachel Bilson's best friend.

flickchick85

flickchick85

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2007 @ 1:54 PM

Yep, my first thought when I read that was Jill, too. This is great news, though. She was definitely one of the best parts of The OC. Now, if we could just get Awesome Reeser over to this show, we'd have all the best of The OC on Chuck!