Chuck Versus the Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1988 replies to this topic

moemac

moemac

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 1:47 PM

Although it might contain spoilers, Boston.com had a good review of the show.

Sanski

Sanski

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 11:13 AM

According to my TiVo, Zachary Levi will be on both the Today show and The View tomorrow morning. (9/24)

krishnaa

krishnaa

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 5:11 PM

EW gives it a B+. One thing they mention is that Zachary's adorable grin "makes you want to give him all your pudding, immediately". Which is funny, because Levi's character in Less Than Perfect had one of the creepiest, toothtastic grins I'd ever seen :D

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 5:44 PM

EW gives it a B+

Okay, a B+ isn't bad at all, but I do think that's underrated. I'm also surprised that they gave Journeyman an A. I literally don't know one person that was/is planning to watch that show. Granted, I'm sure people will give it a chance, because its after Heroes, but I don't know anyone that's excited for it. I'd have given Chuck an A-, at the least.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 10:02 AM

Here's some unexpected news Chuck's in the iTunes Store: Direct link to Chuck in iTunes.

raspberrytea

raspberrytea

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 10:35 AM

Wait? Wha... Did NBC back down?

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 2:55 PM

Here's some unexpected news Chuck's in the iTunes Store: Direct link to Chuck in iTunes.

Just downloaded it on iTunes! The sales from Amazon unBox must have been disappointing, which is probably why NBC saw the light. It would be stupid to offer it online, but not in a format most people are willing to buy. This way people can watch the episodes on their iTunes or iPhones if they want, which is what I do if I'm waiting around somewhere for a while, like the airport and I don't want to lug out my laptop.

flickchick85

flickchick85

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 3:03 PM

Whoa, please tell me that NBC has just completely changed their mind without warning. I want all my NBC shows on iTunes this year. That would be awesome.

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 3:14 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but it may take until the end of the day or tomorrow to happen. I just checked on Heroes and I only see S1 there right now. Journey Man is also on iTunes, so I don't know if they're just trying the new shows there to see how it compares to Amazon unBox or what...

Kaitlin862

Kaitlin862

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 3:45 PM

I read that you could get a season pass for 13 episodes of both Journeyman and Chuck which would take you till December which is when NBC's deal ends. So I wouldn't take this as a sign of a NBC change of heart. Those are the only two that they announced. (I Think) I wish I could remember where I read that today.

Edited by Kaitlin862, Sep 26, 2007 @ 3:47 PM.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 4:47 PM

Chuck is produced by Warner Brothers, Journeyman is produced by Twentieth Century Fox, Heroes is produced by NBC/Universal.

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 6:34 PM

Chuck is produced by Warner Brothers, Journeyman is produced by Twentieth Century Fox, Heroes is produced by NBC/Universal.

I don't think that guarantees we'll get Chuck on iTunes, after NBC's contract expires though, right? Regardless of production company, Chuck, Journeyman and Heroes are all listed under 'NBC' in iTunes...

Mrs Snark

Mrs Snark

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 9:05 AM

From USAToday:

Chuck's Levi was "honored and very excited," to make Us Weekly's list. "Everything that's happened so far has been a surprise and I hope the snowball effect keeps coming. We're just going to keep hammering away and hope the viewership keeps growing. The response has been very positive and the preview we showed at the end of the premiere will bring in a lot of new viewers, I think." Levi, who gives his status as "single," was hoping to meet Heroes' Ali Larter.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:49 PM

NBC brings new shows to iTunes despite dispute

sweetjane

sweetjane

Fanatic

• Interests:Took my money,<br />I couldn't buy nothin'<br />I'm sick of this brave new world<br />And my whole life was like a picture of a sunny day

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 5:27 PM

NY Times: Nerds After Our Hearts, and Maybe Even Our Respect

CanMag: Zachary Levi Talks Chuck

BuddyTV: Exclusive Interview: 'Chuck' Star Zachary Levi

BuddyTV: Exclusive Interview: 'Chuck' Star Adam Baldwin

A Big Potato

A Big Potato

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.myspace.com/foglianorules

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 8:17 PM

Ive always wondered... how is it that an interview is "exclusive" if he's giving other interviews all over the place?

tonks

tonks

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 11:52 PM

Funny piece on Leno tonight where Zach Levi went around to people's apartments to get them to watch Chuck. At one point a girl had her email opened and he pointed to an ad for Chuck on the side of the screen. I've seen so many Chuck ads at this point that it probably wouldn't have fazed me too much if he had burst into my apartment.

On the plus side he said he was a fan of the Wii when he saw some people playing it - so maybe Chuck's gamer persona isn't all acting.

violetion

violetion

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 2:54 AM

Here is the Leno skit. Zachary Levi is awesome (that'll never get old). Funny, too. What was up with the girl who got creeped out by Levi? Not cool. I would have been over the moon.

jekalNY

jekalNY

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 3:20 AM

Thanks so much for that link! I missed the airing but I should've known the TWOPers would come through.

"Masi Oka never had to do this!" - love it!

What was up with the girl who got creeped out by Levi?

Ok, seriously, if ZL showed up at my door he would not creep me out. And I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself....

sols

sols

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 3:34 AM

Pics of Rachel Bilson on the set of Chuck

The blurb that goes with the photos might contain slight spoilers.

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

• Interests:Movies, books, music, apple juice (which I drink the way the Gilmores drink coffee), Veronica Mars, The Wire, Big Love, Pushing Daisies.

Posted Sep 29, 2007 @ 9:16 PM

Article on the show in this Sunday's NY Times here.

metsmvfn

metsmvfn

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 3:47 PM

Good Day LA had an on set visit with the cast Chuck.

here is the link.

on set with Chuck

Edited by metsmvfn, Oct 1, 2007 @ 3:48 PM.

PotatoEgal

PotatoEgal

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 3:29 PM

Cast interview on Good Day LA

Why are they in a hospital? And, more importantly, what happened to Sarah's hair?

bearlock7

bearlock7

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 3:52 PM

That's a wig. And if it’s not, then whoever did that to her should be shot. Since Casey was in scrubs and Sarah was in a wig, they’re probably there undercover -- which could produce comic complications if they run into Ellie and Captain Awesome on the job.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 7:15 PM

Entertainment Weekly is doing a mini recap of Chuck each week I guess. Although it's not so much of a recap as complaining.

krishnaa

krishnaa

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 8:27 PM

It's a wig. Her hair is in clumps, and it isn't moving right.

Oh my GOD, that cast is adorable. When the people asked about sexual tension with Chuck, every cast member just started caressing ZL and pulling him onto the bed. <3

I think that should be in media, though...there aren't really any spoilers in it anymore.

MoreRidonkulous

MoreRidonkulous

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

Entertainment Weekly are IDIOTS then. That "recap" is at a level of nitpicking that is outright bizarre, not to mention unfair.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 9:13 PM

Yeah I know. My favorite part is when the writer basically says "Enough with Chuck dealing with this amazing thing that has happened to him, he should be out saving the world already!" Geez, it's only the second episode.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 9:33 PM

Ken Levine blogs a bit about Chuck and Big Bang Theory.

jm chen

jm chen

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 1:36 PM

"Chuck" used as an example of how network shows need broader appeal than basic cable shows to be considered successful: Basic Cable Turns the Tables. It's contrasted with "Burn Notice," which is on USA.