The HIMYM Corrupt A Wish Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

33 replies to this topic

SwtSassyMolassy

SwtSassyMolassy

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2009 @ 5:56 PM

Done!

But then while they are visiting, Ted's dad goes out partying with Barney and he ends up hooking up with "the Mother" (who Ted hasn't met yet), which causes Ted & the Mother's relationship to break up two years in the future when Ted introduces her to his parents and she realizes who his dad is and dumps Ted in embarrassment and never speaks to him again.

I wish Robin would get a job on a TV show that airs during the day.

Anisky

Anisky

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 1:50 AM

Done!

Robin becomes totally famous, which is fun at first, until someone digs up her Robin Sparkles past and it becomes common knowledge throughout New York. She can't go anywhere without someone singing "Let's go to the mall!" at her. Robin is so humiliated that she flees New York, and winds up moving to rural Kazakhstan in hopes of finding somewhere nobody will recognize her. We never see Robin again.

I wish Lily had accepted the $10,000 that Barney offered her if she bumped his fist in "I Heart NJ."

Rebekah

Rebekah

Couch Potato

• Interests:Pretending to be a novelist. Possessing government-owned property found commonly along highways or construction sites. Getting stars tattooed on random bits of my skin. Drinking five cups of coffee a day. Eating raw celery (negative calories, you know). Laughing at my own jokes.

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 9:35 AM

I wish Lily had accepted the $10,000 that Barney offered her if she bumped his fist in "I Heart NJ."

Granted!

She and Marshall take the money and use it pay off their loans, fix their apartment, raise Lily's credit score, and ensure a little bit of financial security, which can be accomplished by $10,000 in TV Land. Meanwhile, Barney sees the good that his money did and his heart grew from being two-sizes-too-small to three-sizes-too-big. He starts to donate incessantly to charities other than the "Single Mothers and Girl Working Their Way Through College and Daddy Issues" Foundation. He loses all his money, ends up living on the street in a suit that even Ted wouldn't wear, and is no longer awesome. The show grows boring, since the writers ignore Marshall's potential and the entire plot circles around Ted whining about finding the mother. We all suffer.

I wish that Lily wasn't as blatantly manipulative so I could like her again.

thefourthslap

thefourthslap

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 9, 2009 @ 5:41 AM

You got it!

Lily stops interfering in everybody's lives, which seems nice at first despite a relative drop in group drama. But then Ted falls in love with the next girl he meets who is hot but obnoxiously right-wing and turns Ted into an unbearably annoying political activist and a devout Christian. Without Lily to implement the front porch test Ted ends up marrying her and they move to Alabama to raise their kids in the confederate south.

I wish Ted would've been able to design that New York skyscraper he wanted so badly

Edited by thefourthslap, Dec 9, 2009 @ 5:42 AM.