Past Seasons: Am I Still on TV? Please?

• Please log in to reply

874 replies to this topic

SarctasticShay

SarctasticShay

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 12:30 PM

I never liked Andy. He was just dorkish and short to me, there was nothing special about him. And it irritated me how he smiled all the time.

I do remember reading that they had to disqualify a large pool of Bachelorettes because of stdís. Please donít tell me they disqualified women because of that and not the Bachelor himself. Please tell me that is not true.

SchoolyardNinja

SchoolyardNinja

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 1:47 PM

Please donít tell me they disqualified women because of that and not the Bachelor himself.

The crew member did not say that Randy-Andy currently has STDs, or had them in the past. What Andy said was that he didn't worry about possibly catching STDs in the future, since as a doctor he can treat himself. Andy did not express concern about spreading STDs before detecting them. Andy did not mention any concern about HIV/AIDS.

SarctasticShay

SarctasticShay

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 2:01 PM

What Andy said was that he didn't worry about possibly catching STDs in the future, since as a doctor he can treat himself. (--SchoolyardNinja)

Ok. That makes it better, but not really. So his mindset is: I don't care about being a manwhore b/c if I get burned b/c of it I can treat myself.

Yes, he is as dumb as he looks.

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Oct 15, 2007 @ 9:06 PM.
quote tags and format

SchoolyardNinja

SchoolyardNinja

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 5:06 PM

No, he still looks like a slutty jerk either way. I would assume, however, the bachelor is tested for STDs before shooting.

Kalyne

Kalyne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 5:49 PM

Comments in the main thread about the Trista/Ryan season reminded me....In case anyone is listening to those of us who LOVED that season ("Most.Romantic.Bachelor/Bachelorette. Ever!")...why isn't it on dvd? With a bonus feature of the wedding? I'm sure that would sell (and rent) very, very well!

Instead, they give us a dvd of....Aaron? I don't get it.

oldbabe

oldbabe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 5:54 PM

Another confirmation of the Andy/Tessa break-up from Mitch (Gatsby's) blog..

Random gossip from a friend who was a crew member during Andy's season:

I'm sorry, I just don't believe any of this. It sounds like the kind of stuff that's posted to the alphabet board. It's too bad the relationship didn't work out, and I do think there's an element of dorkiness/famewhore with Andy, but he's also done lots of charitable work, especially for kids, unlike the other slimeballs (Aaron, PLo, Jesse, Blob). And if he'd really been such a manslut in the past, there would have been women selling their stories to the Enquirer (a la Byron), and I haven't seen anything of that nature. I do think Andy and Tessa were both caught up in the artificial atmosphere of the show and believed they were in love, but after they spent time in the real world, their differences became glaringly obvious. Tessa is a private person/Andy enjoyed the spotlight. It wasn't meant to be.

missmousie

missmousie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 6:24 PM

What Andy said was that he didn't worry about possibly catching STDs in the future, since as a doctor he can treat himself.

Cool. While he's at it he can find a cure for herpes. Good luck, douchebag.

Kalyne

Kalyne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 6:53 PM

I'm curious why "behind the scenes" stories about Andy on TB would be posted here so late in the game. He may be a sleaze (naturally, after I finally got to think he was a nice guy and he and Tessa were a cute couple), but to hear all this so long after the show's been over, from someone who supposedly worked on it at the time, doesn't really make sense to me.

Too bad Bevin didn't win. At least she would be blogging to us all about the breakup. My business or not, I'd like to know what happened--but Tessa's too classy. She's not likely to ever say anything.

Edited by Kalyne, Oct 15, 2007 @ 6:55 PM.

SchoolyardNinja

SchoolyardNinja

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 7:17 PM

I'm curious why "behind the scenes" stories about Andy on TB would be posted here so late in the game. He may be a sleaze (naturally, after I finally got to think he was a nice guy and he and Tessa were a cute couple), but to hear all this so long after the show's been over, from someone who supposedly worked on it at the time, doesn't really make sense to me.

Crew sign a stack of forms to not share anything at all about the show, even with family and friends, until after the season is completed. I generally post on other shows' forums, but wanted to share what I knew about this show here. I was unaware there was a date by which I had to post about a series, especially since this section is about past seasons. I shared what I was told.

Edited by SchoolyardNinja, Oct 15, 2007 @ 7:19 PM.

oldbabe

oldbabe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 7:44 PM

I was unaware there was a date by which I had to post about a series, especially since this section is about past seasons. I shared what I was told.

It's not that there's an expiration date for posting about the previous season, but B10 ended 5 months ago. Given the sensational nature of this "inside information," it's surprising that none of it has appeared on the boards I've read since the end of last season. And that it just happens to surface as confirmation of the break-up is being publicized. I just don't believe any of this could have been suppressed for 5 months after the season ended, and 8 months since filming began, if it was real -- in fact, I think if it were true it would have surfaced even before the end of the season. Signed contract or no, this kind of juicy gossip gets out and in the tabloids even while the filming is still in progress, from "reliable sources."

Haley17

Haley17

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:28 PM

It looks like Kate from Andy's season has some less than flattering things to say about him. Most notably that (and I will paraphrase) he is a womanizing jerk. Not far off what we are now hearing from other sources. Honestly, I could never figure out why, if Andy was such a nice guy, he would have a world class tool like Gatsby as a BFF.

Andy telling the crew that some of the girls should be put on a diet. Her telling Andy he was a sleeze. And on and on. Doesn't surprise me a bit, but, interesting reading nonetheless.

Anyway, all can be seen on Kate's blog at kate's dish on the bachelor

Edited by Haley17, Oct 17, 2007 @ 2:35 PM.

BakerGirl

BakerGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:46 PM

I read about the table breaking incident on another board quite awhile ago. I'm not sure that I believe all of this stuff (when exactly did he have time to nail Amber when they were separated after hometowns until right before the RC?). But, I don't have a hard time believing the rest of it. As for why it would have been kept secret for so long? I have a feeling it could have been suppressed out of respect for Tessa. I believe she was generally well-regarded among the cast and crew. Now that they are no longer together, no need to keep it secret.

SunBun

SunBun

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:55 PM

Priceless exerpt from Kate's blog that totally confirms my suspicions about Andy(thanks Haley!):

I wouldn't say I hate Andy. I just don't like that type of person. Hes a meat head. There are so many personal things I know about him that I can't say online. I try to explain what happened in the background of it all but I can't. I still have to censor myself for a few reasons. Mainly its because I'm not going to put major laundry out for the world to see. You would be surprised if you knew some of the things I do about Andy.
I think he is a terrible guy. I have already said this. He went on the show for fame, not love. He was arrogant and would always put himself before others. He talked to the crew about putting some of us on diets. He was quick to "move quick" with a lot of the girls(to put it in the cleanest way ever). There is a good way of handling dating 15 girls and a bad way. He was mean. Hes a womanizer.
Tessa is truly an amazing person. I don't know one person out there that wouldn't love her instantly. She deserves better and I have no doubt in my mind that one day she will find that guy. Bevin might have already!
It was easy for me to see all these things in Andy b/c I went on the show already dating Ben. Sometimes you can get blinded by a new guy in your life. I know I have dated some duds before. It just took me a while to step back and see who they really were. Almost everybody has done that. Now think of doing that with millions of people talking about you and cameras all around.
Its not realistic. It crosses over from being fun to being stressful in the worst way possible.
Like I said before, I am thankful I was with all those girls. There was never a cat fight over Andy. There was a lot of "are you kidding me?" talk, but never a cat fight.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 7:43 PM

Oi vey - E! Talk daily just got worse. First Ben Mulroney and now ...drumroll...Jesse Palmer.
Yes, that's right. Canada's biggest fame ho jock wash up is now going to be an entertainment reporter.

Shoot me now.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 10:11 PM

I read Kate blog but missed the explanation of why she went ahead on the show even though she was already dating Ben. Anyone know her explanation?

I don't find the stuff about Andy hard to believe. It often seemed like he was kind of detached from the whole thing, not emotionally invested. At times it was hard to tell if he was just a big dork or if he really wasn't that into the "process." Now it looks like an equal helping of each.

littlecaesar

littlecaesar

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 18, 2007 @ 7:26 AM

Anyone know her explanation?

She met him a few weeks before she had to leave, when she had already been accepted on the show and gone through the long application process. I wonder what would've happened (and if she'd be saying all this stuff) if Andy had picked her. Would she have turned him down?

oldbabe

oldbabe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2007 @ 12:55 PM

What Kate has to say could be true, and some of it we've heard from other contestants (producers making them cry), but I have no sympathy for anyone who voluntarily signs up to do these shows and then whines about the editing, that they're not shown as who they really are. No one put a gun to their head to force them to do the show or sign the contract. And I think her explanation for why she was "forced" by the producers to do the worm is BS. They can't force you to do anything you don't want to do if you're really offended by the request. Sure, you may go home sooner or you may not get much camera time ... ah, got it.

ABC used to have the contract for TB contestants posted on their web site (don't know if they still do), and it specifically stated that producers had the right to portray contestants any way they wanted to. What's hard to understand about that? If you read the contract and understood the risk you're taking by literally putting your life in the producers' hands, then don't whine about how unfaaaaiiiirrrr it is to you when they make you look like whatever they want (a bitch, a whiner, a drunk, etc.). If you didn't read or understand the contract or signed it anyway because you wanted a nice vacation, don't think you won't pay a price for it -- you're gving away your right to decide how you'll be portrayed on the show.

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2007 @ 5:28 PM

The problem is that these women have no idea what lengths the producers will go to in order to get the show they want, ie, the sound byte or clip they want. They berate the women, they harass them to get a crying segment out of them, if they won't cry over the bachelor then they throw stuff at them to make them cry, and in Tina's case is was the death of her father.

So, they did sign the contract, but they have no idea what the effects of little sleep, little food, and constant berating by production would do to them, not to mention the over abundance of alcohol to fuel the fires even further. The producers not only pit the women against each other, but they also undermine the confidence of the various women by making them think that possibly their "connection" isn't as strong as they think it is. They will also stir the pot and tell women what the others have said about them, etc. There is enough info out there from previous bachelorettes for us to know what goes down behind the scenes. These women go into it thinking that the production staff are their friends, but they find out very quickly that the opposite is true.

There are some women that are more susceptible to the harassment, and those are the ones who give up the "gold" as it were with catty, bitchy, whiney or crying segments. That's what production wants, and that's what they get no matter what it takes to get there.

oldbabe

oldbabe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2007 @ 8:40 PM

That's what production wants, and that's what they get no matter what it takes to get there.

And that's show biz, folks. After 10 seasons of this show, with all the information that's been out there from previous contestants about what really happens, I'm amazed anyone would be naive enough to essentially sign their life away when they sign that contract. IMO, these people really don't care what they're signing away at the time they're signing the contract. Most think it's a free trip to do things they'd never experience in their everyday life. They never stop to think what "we can portray contestants any way we want" really means to them personally until they're in the midst of it all, and then it's boo hoo, these terrible, mean people, waaaaaaa. They're adults who made a conscious choice to sign that contract which is very little about what you want and everything about what they want. I'll never understand how any thinking person would not read that contract and then run, not walk, away from signing it.

Shant

Shant

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2007 @ 10:19 PM

I think people could read that contract backwards and forwards and human nature would still lead some people to think a) it can't be as bad as those other girls say, b) it won't happen to me, and c) I'm tough and I can handle whatever these people throw at me just fine. I mean the horror stories do seem crazy but each year there are women who say something along the lines of "I thought I could handle it because there's no way it could be that bad but I had no idea what it was really all about." I bet the producers hit new lows every year. The women who sign up may think they can handle the things their heard about but they have no idea what's headed they're way.

I don't think anyone (at least the blogs I've read) is bitching about the whole experience. They seem to have made friends with most of the other women, had some fun experiences and even had fun with some of the crew. The major issue is the lengths the producers go to get the money shot (crying, cattiness, outrageous behaviour). There is a certain world-weary 'fool me once' tone to what these women have to say and some seem to realize that they got themselves into this situation.

Edited by Shant, Oct 18, 2007 @ 10:21 PM.

Diane R

Diane R

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 19, 2007 @ 1:19 AM

During the first weeks of Andy's season, a former girlfriend posted on the ABC board. At that time, few people believed what she had to say....although I thought she was quite believable. She said the same thing that Kate and the crew member say...that Andy was a narcissistic jerk who was a mean womanizer. In that same thread, a neighbor of Andy's agreed with the girlfriend. Someone who was a friend of Andy's roommate agreed, too. I'm glad Tessa got away from him.

oldbabe

oldbabe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2007 @ 10:43 AM

I think people could read that contract backwards and forwards and human nature would still lead some people to think a) it can't be as bad as those other girls say, b) it won't happen to me, and c) I'm tough and I can handle whatever these people throw at me just fine.

Sure, that's possible. But when the inevitable consequence of the decision to sign that contract occurs, accept that it was your decision to do it and move on. Don't expect sympathy for what those mean producers made you do. You got what you wanted -- the free trips, etc. -- and they got what they wanted.

I don't think anyone (at least the blogs I've read) is bitching about the whole experience.

Every season there have been some contestants who complained about the way they were portrayed. Some trashed the whole experienced, others say they took away the positives of having made friends with the other women.

bayoubevo

bayoubevo

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 19, 2007 @ 5:34 PM

I found out today that a woman I know, knows Amber. She says that Tessa DID sell her apt. in SF, quit her job & move to Hawaii for Andy. They told the press that they had broken off their engagement to get them to leave them alone.

Apparently, once the cameras went away Andy's feelings toward Tessa cooled considerably. He was more interested in the fame game than her. So, it seems the reports that he's a self-centered jerk are true. Why am I not surprised??

She has met Tessa a few times because she's still good friends with Amber. She says she is "adorable". In fact, she's met several of the girls from last season & says they're all really nice girls. So, while nobody found "true love", at least some of the girls have made some lasting friendships.

I wish they'd make Tessa the next Bachelorette and give her some "quality" ( as in NOT famewhores!) guys to get to know. She's by FAR my favorite girl ever on this stupid show. It could happen......but I guess they still feel a little burned by what "sweet" Jen did to them.

Hawkeye720

Hawkeye720

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2007 @ 8:29 PM

Andy made it onto TMZ again today...

http://www.tmz.com/2...ew-mcconaughey/

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2007 @ 10:28 PM

I looked everywhere I could think of for an update on Tina Fab - google, yahoo, imdb (hasn't been updated since she was on Tyra in 2005), facebook, and myspace. I even followed a link to the Milwaulkee paper, and doing the advanced search I got nothing after 2005. I'm thinking if she had gotten married they would have had a blurb, so who knows?

I would love to have her as the next Bachelorette, though!

Shannyn1016

Shannyn1016

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2007 @ 9:36 AM

but I guess they still feel a little burned by what "sweet" Jen did to them.

I must be missing quite a story here - what did she do to them?

Reality-OD

Reality-OD

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2007 @ 9:44 AM

I see Kate's blog as sort of a pot/kettle situation.

YourMom

YourMom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2007 @ 12:27 PM

I must be missing quite a story here - what did she do to them?

Jen Schefft's (sp?) season of the B'ette was pretty much an all around disaster. In the end, she "chose" one of the Bachelors but she also told him she needed time to decide whether to accept his proposal or not.

During the After the Final Rose show/spectacle/debacle, she lowered the boom on him in front of everyone: she was just not that into him.

So the chick who was previously America's Sweetheart came off like a stone cold bitch and they got a shitload of bad publicity and "I wasted the last X weeks of my life for that!!!!" outrage from the viewers. Perhaps not coincidentally, there hasn't been a B'ette season since.

That's what I remember. I'm sure others can fill in even more of the gory details.

printpal

printpal

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 23, 2007 @ 12:52 PM

A friend told me once that the military takes care of it's own, whether good or bad. I can't help but think that Lt Andy being shipped to Iraq is a little payback for being so preening and show-offy.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2007 @ 2:39 PM

Andy being shipped to Iraq is a little payback

Yes, but it seems unnecessarily cruel to the poor men in uniform already stuck in that hell hole.