Past Seasons: Am I Still on TV? Please?

• Please log in to reply

874 replies to this topic

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

In today's New York Daily News, there is an excerpt from Melissa Rycroft's book, "My Reality". I am confused. She claims that she wasn't in love with Jason Mesnick and that their relationship was very awkward. If that is how she felt, I wonder why she accepted his proposal or got bent out of shape when he decided he'd rather be with someone else.

She kind of explained it in an interview once. It's kind of like the Stockholm Syndrome. This one guy is the only guy you see and you have little access to the outside world, everyone is pumping him up like he is this huge big deal and he's taking you on these exotic dates and he has this power. The girls all start believing they are in love with the Bachelor and getting that rose every week starts being the biggest thing ever in their lives. In Melissa's case she said they both realized they were not in love with each other shortly after the show ended, but still tried to make it work (even spending the holidays together IIRC). She said normally Jason wouldn't have even been her type and she would probably not have dated him, but she believed she was in love with him at the time they got engaged. They were talking about breaking up around the time of the After The Final Rose show, but that still doesn't excuse Jason from going behind her back, cheating on her with Molly while they were still together and revealing it on TV instead of privately.

Yes, she is definitely better off in the long run, but at the time she was pissed and hurt.

Zuleikha

Zuleikha

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 10:57 PM

Unless I've missed something, there's no confirmation that Jason cheated on Melissa with Molly. Melissa interviewed that she believed it, but she had no evidence and Jason and Molly both say it's not true.

I've always thought Melissa's a big phony. She misrepresented things in the televised break-up to make Jason seem worse than he was, and she milked the breaking up on DwtS. I'm sure some of her hurt was real, but I think a lot of it was her seeing an opportunity to parlay reality fame into something more long lasting by playing the jilted sweetheart.

meandthemoon

meandthemoon

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 7:23 PM

I didn't watch Ali's season, but I did read stories about their breakup and it seemed like the broke up because Ali wanted fame and Roberto didn't.

Sadly, I feel that the same fate will befall Ashley and JP. As adorable as I think they are together, I follow both of them on Twitter (sad, I know) and I just get this feeling that Ashley really wants to be in the spotlight. She has said that she would love to do DWTS (red flag) and she keeps talking about how she wants to move to LA and all the publicity events she goes to. JP, on the other hand, seems rather low key. I can't help but feel that a lot of the Bachelorettes/Bachelors (in this case Ashley) go on this show for the fame/money and place that at a higher priority than their relationships.

Does anyone agree?

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 7:33 PM

I agree, but I think maybe JP just has a real job and works long hours and doesn't have the energy for it.

And Ashley's intro on Brad's season showed how much she loved dance, so I think her desire for DWTS may stem more from her love of dance (and the big fat paycheck) than her desire for fame.

Jp seems to like seeing Ashley happy (cute!), which I think would mean he could appreciate the DWTS stint, but I'm not sure he'd be in for a televised wedding. Negotiations on THAT may be their undoing.

look here

look here

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

Graham from Deanna's season appeared as an actor/nonspeaking extra
on Suits on USA last Thursday night, at about the 0:24 minute mark.
Blink and you will miss him. He plays, appropriately, a patron at a singles bar.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

Travis Stork is Married

candlestick

candlestick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

Does anyone watch Mis-Advised on Bravo? Lorenzo is a regular. He is "best-friends" with the match maker from New York.

jewelsnba

jewelsnba

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

I ran into Chris Lambton and Peyton at Dean & Deluca in Rockefeller Plaza this morning. He is really, really good looking. I would have done a double take even if he weren't semi-famous. I always wondered what he would have been like as The Bachelor.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

Everyone's favorite /snerk Bachelorette, Jen Schefft, had a daughter

WhydoIcare

WhydoIcare

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

I got an email from my local AAA for a romantic "Jason and Molly" getaway in Italy:

http://calstate.aaa....sojofindoutmore

Nothing says romance more than having an entire tour group join you!

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

Trista's Plastic Surgery Makeover

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

Kind of stunned that she felt she needed plastic surgery.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

The star visited Houston-based Dr Franklin Rose and had both procedures done in one day.

Erica Rose's dad again. I hope she gets a hefty referral fee for all TB alums who get plastic surgery from him.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

Ashley and JP to Wed in TV Special

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:28 AM

Oh, brother. I could not be less interested in this being televised. I guess they get a cheap wedding out of it. That must be the incentive.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 3:04 PM

The cover of In Touch Magazine this week contrasts Ashley/JP and Emily/Jef.

I wonder if the sudden turn around on the freebee wedding is because of the E/J implosion?

I do like Ashley/JP as a couple and I'll probably watch. Sounds like they may go for something tropical.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

I have a feeling Ben and Courtney called it quits a long time ago. My guess is that they decided to make the announcement instead of continuing the charade for Ashley and JP's nuptial.

meandthemoon

meandthemoon

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

I'm happy for Ashley and JP, but I can't shake the feeling that their relationship is doomed. It appears that Ashley continues to seek fame and is interested in moving to LA, and I just don't get the same feeling from JP.

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

I'm curious, because I don't really pay that much attention to the couples when their seasons are over but what makes you so convinced of that? I do remember seeing them at a number of red carpet things in the first few months after their season ended but they've seemed relatively low key since, at least to me.

But again, I don't follow this stuff so closely so I may have missed some stuff. I remember thinking that about Ali for example because it was like everytime I opened a magazine there was a picture of her at some event but I really haven't gotten that impression with Ashley.

meandthemoon

meandthemoon

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

I used to follow their twitters and it is just an overall impression that I got. Obviously, I don't know them and twitter only provides so much information, so I could be completely wrong. I hope I am wrong--I really would love to see Ashley and JP get married, Ashley begin a career as a dentist, and for them to live outside of the limelight (as it seems the limelight can doom these relationships). I just don't see it happening.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 2:31 AM

It appears that Ashley continues to seek fame and is interested in moving to LA, and I just don't get the same feeling from JP.

The last thing I had heard about them (before the announcement of the televised wedding) was that Ashley got a pediatric dentistry residency in Philadelphia, and she and JP moved from NYC to New Jersey so that they'd be mid-way between their respective jobs. That doesn't sound the least bit like fame-seeking or planning to move to LA - am I missing something? I'm not necessarily considering the televised wedding as fame-seeking either - they're getting a nice chunk of change out it which can be a great help in paying off school loans/buying a house/starting a practice, so it seems like a pragmatic choice.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

I don't know if anyone remembers Jessie Sulidis from Jake's season and who also appeared on Ali's season to warn Ali off the wrestler guy, Justin Rego, but I was watching Dragons Den and she appeared as a model for one of the pitches.

For those who are not familiar, Dragons Den is the Canadian version of Sharks Tank.

CindyBee

CindyBee

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2012 @ 9:10 AM

Pediatric dental residency is a very serious commitment and Ashley is doing her pediatric dentistry residency at the main Children's hospital in Philly. Its a two year program and by the fact that (1) she got in and (2) is working hard at it, I don't see her with any Hollywood plans, unless she is going to be the pediatric dentist to kiddos of the stars!

And I totally think they got offered a TV wedding after Jef & Emily imploded so spectacularly over the last few weeks. There had been no chatter for months about Fleiss/ABC wanting anything to do with a JP/Ashley wedding and then all of sudden, they are?! Hopefully JP & Ashley are getting a nice chunk of cash to set themselves up for the next chapter in their lives.

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

If you believe Reality Steve, well, this to me is not a surprise:

jewelsnba

jewelsnba

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

Jason and Molly are expecting a baby

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

They seemed so happy. I wonder what went wrong.

Emily and Jef split confirmed

meandthemoon

meandthemoon

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

So apparently Ashley and JP have created an online registry where I guess fans can buy them gifts for their wedding. They have also included charities, but I think it is the ultimate in tackiness and greediness to expect strangers to buy you gifts, especially when your whole wedding is being comped. I want to like Ashley and JP, but then they do famewhoreish things like this.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

Jake Pavelka is dating Kristin Chenoweth

lilac2000

lilac2000

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

That horrifies me! Too early to start a Free Kristin campaign? Or a petition of some kind? What is she thinking????

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

That horrifies me! Too early to start a Free Kristin campaign? Or a petition of some kind? What is she thinking????

Yeah, that one threw me for a major loop. Hopefully it's just a fling. If Jake never speaks and just stands there, he does have some decent looks and nice enough chest. So hopefully she's just in it for a few months of fun and that's it and well, he'll not say no. Anything to revive his long past 15 mins.