Past Seasons: Am I Still on TV? Please?

• Please log in to reply

874 replies to this topic

CindyBee

CindyBee

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2011 @ 2:09 PM

That's nice that Chris & Peyton were able to find each other in the aftermath on being on Bachelor/Bachelorette.

I remember when Peyton was on that 20/20 special about the Bachelor/ette shows and admitted that going out and dating after being dumped on a aircraft carrier was hard but she stuck with it. Good for her as she seems to have found love with a decent guy.

Wonder if Fleiss will be invited to the wedding!?!

Trails On

Trails On

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 8, 2011 @ 3:23 PM

Emily Maynard, the next Bachelorette?

Chris Harrison on GMA 7/11/11

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 12:59 AM

I was just looking at the IMDb page for The Smurfs movie and was surprised to see that fang-girl Madison has a role in it. Not only that, but she's apparently been acting for a couple of years, but of course TPTB failed to mention that, same as with Michelle.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 4:00 PM

Deanna and Stephen Stagliano are married.

Pj3422

Pj3422

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 21, 2011 @ 6:39 PM

Another one bites the dust. At least this engagement lasted longer than most.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 7:13 PM

Run, Roberto, Run.

Five Signs Ali and Robert were Headed for Trouble

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2011 @ 7:36 PM

Jason really did Melissa a favor when he dumped her on live national television. I wonder if she thanked him.

Melissa Rycroft Lands A Reality Show

alt0233

alt0233

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 4:17 PM

I'm actually really sad to hear about Melissa's reality show - I always liked her on The Bachelor, but this just seems kind of ridiculous.

Pope of Mope

Pope of Mope

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 4:34 PM

Boy, I bet Jason and Molly are absolutely livid at the news that Melissa is going to get her own show (albeit on CMT) and they are trying but failing to get much interest in their lives. Although, I've got to say -- what are you thinking, Melissa? "Hollywood career?" Really, sweetheart? I'm not sure what talent she has other than being cute and making chimpmunky expressions . . . and not sure what she is going to do with her daughter and husband? Hopefully it all works out for them.

Mint Julep

Mint Julep

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 27, 2011 @ 11:34 PM

Melissa was already on a CMT reality show, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, Making the Team.

Frogintheglen

Frogintheglen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

Michelle Money is in a movie that looks like it was made by or for the Mormon church....yet she's naked in her IMDB photo:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1762308/

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

Not surprised. Given her rather colorful past, I don't think Michelle is necessarily a devout Mormon.

Nice to see two of my favorite bachelors in the news this week. The NY Observer did a profile on JP, and Chris L. is getting his own show on HGTV.

gradtg

gradtg

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

Just a note: that movie is part of the LDS movie genre, which is a bunch of indy filmmakers, usually LDS, that make films marketed to an LDS audience. There is no affiliation with the official LDS Church. I mean, there are official LDS films but those are usually prosyletic or for Sunday School/educational, not rom-coms.

Nice article on JP. I like how he and Ashley seem to try to avoid the spotlight and lead normal lives. They are one of my favorite couples and I really hope they work out. I wouldn't even mind seeing and ABC-sponsered TV wedding just to see them together. They had more chemistry on their breifly shown dates (even though they tried to edit it out!) than any couple in a long long time.

HughKenrick

HughKenrick

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

Nice article on JP. I like how he and Ashley seem to try to avoid the spotlight and lead normal lives.

I'd be surprised to hear that the spotlight has been chasing Ashley very hard, regardless of whether she wants to be in it or not. I think spotlights chase after charisma and drama and beauty and scandal, of which Ashley provides none. Her ratings were low, so she didn't exactly galvanize an audience, and her raging insecurities and all that moping over Bentley didn't do a thing to enhance her attractiveness. She was remarkably uncompelling.

On the other hand, I do think we'll be seeing a lot more of Ashley and JP now that Ali and Roberto have split. Fleiss is going to need another "successful" couple to trot out, and given the low ratings that Ben's season has been getting, a franchise wedding may be just the thing Fleiss could use. No matter how much Ashley and JP may be avoiding the spotlight right now, I'd be surprised to see them hold out in the face of waving handfuls of cash. It's a tough economy, after all, and new-born dentists are having as tough a time financially as everyone else. I think they'd be kind of stupid not to take it if it's offered.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

I'm with you, gradtg. I grew to really like Ashley during her season after not liking her much in Brad's season. And I'm glad that she and JP went back to focusing on their careers and their relationship, the way they said they were going to. Regardless of whether or not she has what it takes to be in the spotlight, I give her credit for realizing her smartest play was to go back to her "real" life and not pursue a media career the way previous Bachelor/ettes have done without much success. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Ali, Jake, Deanna, et al.)

Anyway, from all indications, it appears that she and JP have set a wedding date, which is going to be announced soon. As far as their wedding being televised, it turns out they don't really have much choice in the matter. I saw a copy of the Bachelor/ette contract online a few months ago, and it gives TPTB the absolute right to televise the wedding if it's within 2 years of the engagement. And even if a wedding is beyond that two years, the contract gives TPTB the first dibs on the publicity rights. So TPTB basically own them. Considering the way this franchise desperately needs a success story, there's no way this won't be televised. I'm A-okay with that, since I unapologetically love them together.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

Kasey Arrested, but has a very nice mug shot.

FireFoxy

FireFoxy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

I agree kenyaj. I think JP and Ashley went about it the right way. They do put in their few appearances, but they basically have gone back to their pre show lives and seem happy. I think that's one of the reasons Ali and Rahberdo never worked out. She wanted to be in the spotlight and he didn't.

Kasey has a rep?!?

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

No mention of Prince Lorenzo on Selling New York?

It was awesome! I will say he looks a lot better and it looks like he is off drugs. The realtors were whisking him away by helicopter to 20m residences. It was hilarious. Of course he chose none and said maybe later a more "cozy" house would be better when he is ready to marry.......

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

Is anyone surprised?
Jake has landed a gig with Chippendales

jj17

jj17

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

If you are in the Philly area, Craig Robinson and Graham Bunn will be at BenFM's Mile of Meet on Valentine's Day.

Elevation

Elevation

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 4:17 AM

Just came across blog posts that Trista and Ryan wrote in November about losing their dog, Natasha. I really like how she describes the first time she met Natasha, and the great respect she had for the dog's adjustment to having to share Ryan. There's a link to Ryan's post in hers. It made me like her even more.

Edited by Elevation, Feb 10, 2012 @ 4:17 AM.

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

Looks like Ali is not just a loser in love.

Apparently quitting her job at Facebook has cost her millions now that the company is going public.

http://theclicker.to...cebook-millions

She claims to have no regrets about all of this.

I say she will be eating regret burgers with a side of "what the hell was I thinking?" for the rest of her life.

Edited by reggiejax, Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:00 PM.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

Apparently quitting her job at Facebook has cost her millions now that the company is going public.

I very much doubt that it was millions. IIRC, she had a relatively junior position in ad sales, and joined after the B series funding, so she must have been awarded a pretty small number of shares. And apparently she left before her shares vested (or else she'd still be profiting from the IPO), so she probably worked there for less than two years. Had she stayed, she probably would have made something in the low to mid six-figure range, which is also what she was paid for being the Bachelorette. And she raked in more money after her stint with media appearances, magazine stories, etc., not to mention she hasn't had to actually work.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

Can I cross-promote other another forum featuring former contestants milking their 15 minutes? Anyone watching Couples Therapy on VH-1, featuring Vienna and Kasey? If so, look for the Couples Therapy thread in the Candid Reality Shows forum.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 5:21 AM

Ali got her wish: a tv show

jj17

jj17

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

Melissa Rycroft also has her own reality show. Starts tonight on CMT.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

In today's New York Daily News, there is an excerpt from Melissa Rycroft's book, "My Reality". I am confused. She claims that she wasn't in love with Jason Mesnick and that their relationship was very awkward. If that is how she felt, I wonder why she accepted his proposal or got bent out of shape when he decided he'd rather be with someone else. If Jason hadn't dumped her, she'd still be sitting in a cubicle in Dallas answering phones. I hope she sent him a thank you check.

Edited by Firthient, Jun 1, 2012 @ 8:57 AM.

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

Personally, I started side-eyeing Melissa the moment she and Ty began dating which far as I remember was mere weeks after her so called great heartbreak and more than that, found out he was actually an ex she'd been with for years prior to going on The Bachelor. It just made me convinced that Melissa wasn't in love with Jason ever, that she was guilty of what I think most of these people are, i.e. they get competitive and it becomes more about winning than falling for this person. Which isn't to say that necessarily makes her a bad guy but I just hated the wave of "poor, sweet Melissa" she rode all the way to success, all the while it was obvious she was no more in love with Jason than he was with her.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 12:27 AM

Holly and Blake marry

Since when was an Alfred Angelo dress high end?

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 8:39 AM

People: Blake & Holly

People has an article too.... but what neither article mentions is how sad it is that Bachelor Pad has now had more marriages than the Bachelor.