Past Seasons: Am I Still on TV? Please?

• Please log in to reply

874 replies to this topic

M Cubed

M Cubed

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 9:00 AM

Because so long as Trista can get free stuff by reminding people of her TV love story and her peeenk wedding, there will be fame-whoring to make fun of here.

wholia

wholia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 10:10 AM

And don't forget The Most Dramatic Delivery, Ever

Edited by wholia, Sep 19, 2007 @ 10:11 AM.

oosil

oosil

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 1:46 PM

I don't understand how some of these guys can go on a show & go through the motions of 'dating' & picking out women--especially if you're GAY, like Aaron Buerge. I mean, I know it's good for business & advertising & all, but did I also hear that this last one was gay too (Andy)?? WTF?

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 8:46 PM

wholia, did you send T&R roses when the baby was born?

Hope you're well - nice to see your name pop up!

lila

lila

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 11:12 PM

Does anyone know the latest on Byron and Mary? It seems like it has been forever since their season - has their been a wedding? I really can't believe Mary would let this drag on so long.

Boring Member

Boring Member

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 11:13 PM

Wait, Aaron is gay? That's the one who picked Helene right?

Hawkeye720

Hawkeye720

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 3:07 PM

This was news to me, only because I thought they split years ago:

http://www.tmz.com/2...chelor-bust-up/

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 7:42 PM

Does anyone know the latest on Byron and Mary? It seems like it has been forever since their season - has their been a wedding? I really can't believe Mary would let this drag on so long.

Did a quick Google and found this in an article about a bass competition, Saturday, September 15, 2007:

And yesterday, Matsubu lent his co-angler Mary Delgado (wife of Byron Velvick) a key crankbait, and she whacked 14-07. That was about twice what he weighed that day.

He did weigh 17-08 today, but one of Delgado's big fish yesterday would have pushed him well into the lead.

Either they got married without any publicity or "married" is a typo, and they're still engaged but definitely together.

wholia

wholia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 12:14 PM

Of course, snarks! Pink ones even!

Edited by wholia, Sep 28, 2007 @ 12:15 PM.

vailfiregirl

vailfiregirl

Stalker

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 10:47 AM

The original Andy is engaged again.

BossyGal

BossyGal

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 12:42 PM

And yesterday, Matsubu lent his co-angler Mary Delgado (wife of Byron Velvick) a key crankbait, and she whacked 14-07. That was about twice what he weighed that day.

He did weigh 17-08 today, but one of Delgado's big fish yesterday would have pushed him well into the lead.Either they got married without any publicity or "married" is a typo, and they're still engaged but definitely together.

Hurrah! I loved May and Byron. Kudos if they did manage to get married without any photogs and craziness (Trista & Ryan, I'm looking at you!)! I'm so glad they are still together. How long have they been together now? Has it been 2 or 3 years now?

sgupta4

sgupta4

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 8:22 PM

I'm watching the DWtS Results show right and guess who I saw in the audience reaction portion? Blob! And Mrs. Blob! He's still looking as piggy as ever.

flybye

flybye

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 8:02 PM

Someone traded up.

LRocksCan

LRocksCan

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 6:52 AM

I saw Blob in the DTW baggage claim area back in July when I was waiting for my luggage. He is just as greasy as ever as well. Which was even funnier than him needing a cart to carry around his man purse.

Bb

Bb

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2007 @ 5:01 PM

I heard Jerry O'Connell on the Adam Carolla show this morning. When Adam said something about Charlie and The Bachelor, Jerry just said, "Yeah, he didn't have such a great experience on that show." Aaaaand blew on past that topic.

irishlulu

irishlulu

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 10:09 AM

I was SO invested in Meredith and Ian during their season. Of all the bachelor/ettes, I thought their romance was the HOTTEST. I know many people were pushing for Matt, but for some reason the heat from Meredith and Ian was so obvious to me. I wish they could have made things work, but alas, life is not The Bachelor after all. I wonder what has become of them...

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 12:52 PM

I heard Jerry O'Connell on the Adam Carolla show this morning. When Adam said something about Charlie and The Bachelor, Jerry just said, "Yeah, he didn't have such a great experience on that show." Aaaaand blew on past that topic.

I'm kind of bummed to hear that. Charlie's season was one of my favorites, because he was such a goofball. And how bad could his experience have been? He stayed with Nurse (sarah?) for quite some time.

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 10:06 PM

Bachelor Baldwin shipped off to Iraq

Kind of surprising....

SunBun

SunBun

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 11:18 AM

I'm so thrilled to hear that Byron and Mary are still together!
They seemed so perfectly matched, and you could certainly feel the chemistry between those two...it was especially nice a'la Trista to see Maria redeem herself from the whole Blob spectacle and come back on the show to find true love...she seemed like a nice and genuine lady, even if she was slightly obsessed about having children/her biological clock.
Of course, I really dug Byron anyway...still one of my fave Bachelors because he was the oldest and therefore most MATURE all around.

I liked Charlie O'Connell well enough, although I really didn't think that match-up would ever last...the gal he picked just didn't even seem like she was his speed or his type.

I was SO invested in Meredith and Ian during their season. Of all the bachelor/ettes, I thought their romance was the HOTTEST. I know many people were pushing for Matt, but for some reason the heat from Meredith and Ian was so obvious to me. I wish they could have made things work, but alas, life is not The Bachelor after all. I wonder what has become of them...

Ahhh, Meredith and Ian---what a stunning and elegant couple!
It was such a shame they didn't work out, but I certainly wasn't surprised that they didn't...from the moment he and his brother were having their heart-to-heart in the stairwell of his building, it was obvious what a commitment phobic he truly was.
For some reason, he just reminded me of some Mr. Big type character, the city slicker smooth guy who simply couldn't find himself permanently attached to a woman who was obviously perfect for him.

CindyBee

CindyBee

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2007 @ 2:53 PM

I too am glad to hear that Mary & Byron are still together. Totally loved that season and thought they had a chance to make it when it was all over with.

Speaking of past Bachelors, I'm a huge college football fan so I've been catching Jesse Palmer on ESPN2 pretty much every day now when he does his show. As much as I couldn't stand him as the Bachelor, I have to admit, he's pretty good as a talking head. And since I'm very shallow, he looks pretty darn good all dressed up in a nice suit. I wonder if he's still trolling the NYC bar scene or has settled down with someone?

oldbabe

oldbabe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2007 @ 2:44 PM

According to this interview in USAToday, Andy's on his way to Bahrain in January, and it certainly sounds like he and Tessa aren't together.

"We're kind of taking a break now and seeing how things play out," he said, reluctant to provide specific details at the behest of ABC.

"It's definitely been a reality check with my current employer and the public nature of the relationship has definitely made it a challenge. We can't deny that we definitely love each other very much."

Asked if the couple's final chapter had yet to be written, Baldwin replied, "I have to check with her first. We remain hopeful, but acknowledge the reality of the situation."

Andy's evasive answers and his reluctance to be more specific about his relationship with Tessa "at the behest of ABC" sure sounds like ABC is preventing an official announcement about their break-up while the current season of TB is in progress. His answers do not sound like a guy who's happily in love and in a committed relationship. While they may love each other, at this point it sounds more like the way he described his love for Bevin.

Selma04

Selma04

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2007 @ 4:31 PM

I'm watching the DWtS Results show right and guess who I saw in the audience reaction portion? Blob! And Mrs. Blob! He's still looking as piggy as ever.

Is there anything lower in celebrity-dom than showing up in the audience for DWtS or AI in a desperate attempt at a few seconds of screen time?

I'm kind of bummed to hear that. Charlie's season was one of my favorites, because he was such a goofball.

I wonder if that comment has to do with the fact that Charlie felt so bad about the whole elimination process that they sort of changed the format of the ending. Rather than blow off the runner-up with the horrible "You're great. . .but" and then shuttling her off into the limo of tears, they had a special episode where he announced his choice. I thought it seemed obvious that the "loser" and her family already knew she wasn't the one. Even if you find the person of your dreams, it still must suck to have to lead on people you're going to dump. It's all rather cruel. I sort of respected him for taking a different way out. Although maybe I just liked him, but that's what I'm going to believe.

I like Mary and Byron. If they secretly got married out of the spotlight, I have a great deal of respect for that.

Andy's evasive answers and his reluctance to be more specific about his relationship with Tessa "at the behest of ABC" sure sounds like ABC is preventing an official announcement about their break-up while the current season of TB is in progress.

I might be mistaken, but I thought they already made an official announcement about the break-up of their engagement.

Part of the reason I couldn't get on board with the whole Andy and Tessa thing is Andy was basically asking her to move to Hawaii when his life wasn't really settled. I didn't see him as in a position to really commit to a relationship. I mean, it's possible to make something like that work, but it seems unlikely. Following someone in the military around or waiting for them when they're overseas is hard enough for a real life couple, but even harder for a reality show couple. I think they're better off as friends until Andy gets to a point in his career where he's more stable and they can really work on things. Or maybe they just want to work on their relationship out of the spotlight. Either way, I think it's smart.

oldbabe

oldbabe

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2007 @ 5:46 PM

I might be mistaken, but I thought they already made an official announcement about the break-up of their engagement.

Yes, they did announce the end of their engagement in July, when they also announced that Tessa would not be moving to Hawaii as had been planned since their engagement. However, they also said they were still together as a couple and wanted private time away from the publicity to develop their relationship. Since that time, though, it became increasingly clear that's not the case. The video of Andy flirting with a former Miss Iran in L.A. that appeared on TMZ last month plus other hints on the status of their relationship were indicators that it was over. Andy's guarded comments in the USA Today article lend more credence to the relationship's demise.

MsLuscious

MsLuscious

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 9:40 AM

I think you are right about Andy and Tessa breaking up for good now. You can watch the video from his finish at the Ironman on Saturday.

Tessa is not there to greet him at the end. He had previously said how important it was for him to watch his wife there.

Kind of sad. I actually had hope for them.

SchoolyardNinja

SchoolyardNinja

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 9:58 AM

Random gossip from a friend who was a crew member during Andy's season:

Andy complained constantly to the crew that the selected women weren't hot enough for him.

Andy had his mind made up in the first few days that he would choose Tessa because he has a thing for Asian/Middle Eastern women.

He wanted to keep Bevin around until the final two because, he said, she looked "easy".

In the first few days, Andy and Bevin had some alone time in the hot tub. They kept making out after the producers told them their segment was up. Finally, a producer had to grab Bevin by her ear and pull her out of the hot tub. She was told to go to bed--alone.

Andy slept with Amber--the one who had the hard life--two hours before he kicked her off the show for being only 22.

Andy was a total slut. He said he didn't worry about his sluttiness because he could take care of most STDs he got since he's a doctor. He didn't care if he spread STDs to others.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 10:39 AM

Wow, what a gentleman.

If Andy is that much of a jerk, wouldnt it have been obvious to Fleiss? why would they let him be on the show?

ShayDeLady

ShayDeLady

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 10:46 AM

Wasnít there a post many months ago after the appearance of Andyís friend Gatsby on the show (the super-rich guy who acted gay)? Didnít someone who knew both men say that they were constantly making fun of the whole Bachelor process behind the scenes, and that both were known to be bigtime arrogant ladiesí men? It seemed improbable then, but now I believe it.

Edited by ShayDeLady, Oct 15, 2007 @ 11:29 AM.

SchoolyardNinja

SchoolyardNinja

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 11:39 AM

Oh, something else my pal told me:

On the first night, Andy sat on a glass coffee table to speak to the ladies, and ended up shattering it. Originally, the producers planned to show that in the bloopers, but decided against it because they were pushing him as a suave gentleman.

CindyBee

CindyBee

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 11:39 AM

If Andy is that much of a jerk, wouldnt it have been obvious to Fleiss? why would they let him be on the show?

Didn't Fleiss want some Naval doctor that had been awarded a slew of medals for his bravery in Iraq? The guy was on the cover Newsweek and the word going around was this guy was approached and that he turned Fleiss down so maybe Lt. Jerk Andy was just a way to still do the whole Naval doctor "hero" story line but without the actual hero!

Didnít someone who knew both men say that they were constantly making fun of the whole Bachelor process behind the scenes, and that both were known to be bigtime arrogant ladiesí men?

I remember that. Sorta believed it back then but after watching the season and the way he treated Bevin & Amber, I totally believe it now.

SunBun

SunBun

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 12:08 PM

On the first night, Andy sat on a glass coffee table to speak to the ladies, and ended up shattering it. Originally, the producers planned to show that in the bloopers, but decided against it because they were pushing him as a suave gentleman.

Okay, did any of us REALLY buy that Andy was supposed to be some suave gentleman?
Because if I remember right, I think most of us here were giggling about what a former nerd-turned hunk he obviously was, what with his akwards attempts at conversation with the ladies. Suave and charming he most certainly wasn't...
And it doesn't surprise me one bit that he was a big ol' manwhore who thought he was too hot for the ladies there. Most unmarried and transiant types like that usually end up lifetime bachelors anyway...I always got a smug n' slimey vibe off him, the same one I got with those other slimey manslut Bachelors, Prince Lorenzo and Blob.