Jenni: The Cheerleader aka Aunt Ding Ding

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

16 replies to this topic

duckierose

duckierose

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 3:44 PM

Hometown: Currently resides in Wichita, KS

============

Here is her official Cheerleader page:
http://www.nba.com/s...0607_jenni.html

========

Choice quotes:

Favorite color?
Any color of PINK imaginable!

Favorite person?
My favorite person is definitely my 2 years old niece "Rylee Jo". She makes me smile everytime I get to see her or talk to her on the phone and she calls me "Aunt Ding Ding". It sounds like "Aunt Jenni"!

"My proudest accomplishment to date...
3 months of Officer Basic Training in Ft. Knox Kentucky"

Does that mean that she's a military dropout?

charmante

charmante

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 6:10 AM

Professional cheerleader and....

Three goals I have for myself in the future are to marry the man of my dreams and start my family, be the best mommy in the whole wide world, and to be a well known model and actress.

It's official....meet Trista 2.0.

rhody

rhody

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 11:02 AM

I can't believe THAT got the first rose. Once Brad's had one one-on-one date's worth of that hyena laugh...

cyaxel

cyaxel

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 2:59 PM

Or how about (bolding mine):

Favorite music style?
I like kind of a different combonation of country music and rap.

No word, just no words.

Research Girl

Research Girl

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:36 AM

If there ever is a time that I'm not dancing or modeling or acting I feel bored and usually in a bad mood.

Someone sure sounds high maitanence.

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 8:55 PM

Oh, I like her. Maybe it's because I'm an Aunt Ding Ding, too, but mostly it's because she laughs like a geek. Which, so do I.

Edited by idledandy, Sep 26, 2007 @ 8:55 PM.

OldWiseOne

OldWiseOne

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

Favorite music style?
I like kind of a different combonation of country music and rap.

No word, just no words.

Well, no words you'll find in the dictionary at any rate.

Goldylocks

Goldylocks

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 4:42 PM

I think Jenni, Hillary and Deanna are the final three girls..
I have a feeling it's going to be Deanna and Hillary in the final two with Deanna being the last one standing.

gudgeon

gudgeon

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 5:40 PM

Well, after reading Jenni's Suns bio, I am now officially cheering for...no one. I barely liked her before reading the bio, but now...oh the horror!

When does the next season start?

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 6:45 PM

Here is why I love Jenni:

Way back at the start of the season, I predicted the usual bachelory toolishness in the Brad thread:

He'll end up talking about how well the woman's job will travel to where he lives

I am pleased that Brad has not been egregious with this. However, I love, LOVE the way Jenni pre-empted it on roughly the third date and has been utterly unflinching about not immediately moving to Austin to become an extension of Brad. Even if her career is that of a Phoenix Suns dancer, it's important to her and she's not willing to sacrifice it. Yay, Jenni!

skateCO

skateCO

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2007 @ 10:00 AM

I just cannot bring myself to climb aboard the "Yay, Jenni!" train and her dedication to her "career," because I find that "career" incredibly demeaning. I think it's gross that it's even a socially acceptable option for women in 2007. What's she going to do later in life? The woman is pushing 30. How much longer is she going to be useful to this industry? What's she going to do in ten years-- become an instructor and teach little girls how to shake it? Way to go. (Disclaimer: I am not referring here to artistic forms of dance such as tap and ballet, just this dance team/beauty pageant crap.) People might say, "Well, that's Jenni's choice--good for her. It doesn't affect you." But by participating in what she is, she perpetuates the objectification of women. And that does affect me.

So I don't think this is so much of a "I'm my own womyn and I don't need Brad" decision as much of a realization that she's running out of time as a fetish object, and even if he chooses her, the marriage rate for this show is abysmal. I would honor a stay-at-home mom a thousand times over Jenni, because while she might not be generating an income, that woman is very much making a positive contribution to society. Stop holding a fellow sistah down, Jenni.

Edited by skateCO, Nov 3, 2007 @ 3:24 PM.

wordjunkie

wordjunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2007 @ 1:17 PM

She looks so much like a younger Katie Couric to me. Separated at birth and by a time machine, fer sure.

MerBear

MerBear

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2007 @ 1:42 AM

I went to a Houston Rockets game tonight and they were playing the Phoenix Suns and when those Rockets Power Dancers came out, every single time I was trying to imagine Jenni out there dancing! I cannot imagine Brad being too thrilled about one of them being his WIFE!!! Maybe a hot girlfriend to show off to your pals but not a WIFE and eventually a mom! The dancers are cute and perky -- just like Jenni is -- but they wear next to nothing and their dances are crazy-suggestive. It's fun to watch, but not to marry.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2007 @ 1:48 AM

Wait a minute, MerBear! The Suns? Isn't Jenni a dancer for the Suns?

MerBear

MerBear

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2007 @ 1:55 PM

The game was in Houston so I don't think the visiting team brings their dancers. But believe me, that's what made me think of Jenni! I would have searched for her!

MissAnnThropist

MissAnnThropist

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 20, 2007 @ 11:41 AM

Poor, simple Jenni. Even when she was crying she couldn't stop smiling. She's heard too many dance captains say, 'No matter what, Big Smiles!'

BimboKay

BimboKay

Couch Potato

• Interests:Family - Friends - People - Movies - Theater - Television - Home Decorating - Dining - Traveling (I NEVER travel) - My Dogs - Family History

Posted Nov 22, 2007 @ 9:23 PM

Jenni looks cute in a Dillard's ad in today's (Thanksgiving) newspaper, The Arizona Republic . She's modeling sweaters and she does a good job.