Notes To & From The Mod

• Please log in to reply

112 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

You are correct, legaleagle44. So, yes, please put it there. Thanks.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Oct 5, 2012 @ 10:56 PM.

Babylonia

Babylonia

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Technically, though, it should go in Competitive Reality, for the same reason that the yet-to-be-aired UK Bachelor and Ukrainian Bachelor have their threads there: it involves an entirely different version of the show and could be potentially confusing to people who just want to discuss the American Bachelor and Bachelor Pad here.

How could it be confusing, when the thread would be called Bachelor Canada? And I would think that most readers could relate to the Canadian version as compared to the Ukrainian version, because you know, we're actually pretty close by, and we share most cultural references. Not to mention, that most of the dates were held in U.S. cities, like Las Vegas and some city in California.

Edited by Babylonia, Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:47 PM.

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 12:56 PM

Hello, Bachelor (and Bachelorette) forum! TWoP Mars is on vacation for a couple of weeks, so I'm filling in for her. Please continue to follow all the rules. Thank you!

DietCokeJunkie

DietCokeJunkie

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

No forum for the Season premiere of the Bachelorette?  SO many creepy dudes to snark on!

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 7:38 AM

What I posted earlier is no longer relevant.

And legaleagle44, refer to post #93 to see why I earlier referenced Moderator Dietrich.  But it's all good now.

Edited by Zahdii, May 28, 2013 @ 1:36 PM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 8:12 AM

Someone has already created an episode thread, if that's what you're referring to.  The Bachelorette doesn't get a separate forum; it simply shares this one with The Bachelor.  Besides, I thought TWOPDietrich had retired from modding.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 12:58 AM

Thanks for clarifying situation, legaleagle44. I don't know what Zahdii was originally asking, but I am glad you helped.

TWoP Dietrich came out of retirement to fill in for me for the past several weeks. But I am back now.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 10:30 AM

TWOP Mars, just checking the proper way to discuss future episodes based on what's already been aired. Obviously, this show previews the hell out of the NEXT show during the current show, so it seems that it's appropriate to speculate what's going to happen during the next show because they've shown us 15 times during the current show that the next show will have the "secret girlfriend" reveal. However, how/where is it appropriate to discuss the added detail that they've actually SHOWN us the guy who has the girlfriend during all of the commercials that have aired in the interim? It doesn't seem like a spoiler because it's in the commercial, so they've spoiled their own reveal (unlesss it's tricky editing, but that's beside the point). Can we talk about that in the current show thread even though that added detail wasn't in the current show? Thanks!

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 15, 2013 @ 6:05 AM

This is a good question: If it aired DURING/ON the show, it is fair game for discussion in the episode thread. Other commercials should be discussed in media and/or preview threads, NEVER in the episode thread. But spoiler tags are not needed.

I hope that helps.

And sorry for the delay. I did not see there was a new post here until this morning.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Jun 23, 2013 @ 9:18 AM.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2013 @ 7:01 AM

Thanks, TWoP Mars! This kind of situation is common on this show, so it's still relevant.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

Extra episode thread to close please:
http://forums.televi.../#entry15894694

Thanks!

Edited by JenE4, Jul 29, 2013 @ 9:36 PM.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:00 AM

Nevermind. Thanks anyway!

Edited by fionab, Aug 5, 2013 @ 10:24 PM.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2014 @ 11:26 AM

Is there either a general Jake Pavelka thread, or else one for "other appearances by the cast"?  Jake is going to be a contestant on Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2014 @ 5:39 PM

MarkHB, I think that fits in the Past Seasons: Am I still on TV? Please? thread.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 7, 2014 @ 12:11 AM

I would also be okay with a Jake thread in the contestant subforum or the past seasons subforum if you'd rather talk about him there. (I can't believe there isn't one already.)

MaryShelley

MaryShelley

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 3, 2014 @ 11:07 PM

Hi there, we've ended up with two threads labeled 24-4. Tonight's episode was actually the fifth one. Can that be corrected so it doesn't get confusing? Thanks!

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 4, 2014 @ 12:45 AM

Done, and thanks for the note, because even though I had been in the thread tonight moderating, I hadn't noticed that!

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 7:10 PM

Hi TWoP Mars, it's been reported that TB franchise is coming out with a new version of Bachelor Pad this summer, called Bachelor in Paradise. Can we start a thread for it in the general Bachelor Forum?

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 8:23 PM

Actually, if you put in the Candid or Competitive Reality sections in the basement forums, that would be best. Thanks.
Then you can link to it here in this thread, and in the Meet Market.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 6:59 AM

Great, thank you.  I might wait until closer to summer or when it actually comes out on abc.com, but now I know.  Thank you so much!

FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 4:03 PM

I want to know where everyone on this board is going so I can catch up with them during next season of the Bachelor. Could you please post a topic for everyone to discuss it?

crgirl412

crgirl412

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:47 PM

Most TWOPers are going to Previously.TV which was founded by mods who used to work there.  They already have a Bachelor (link below) and a separate Bachelorette forum.  I suppose a Pad one could be started but I'm not sure how it's done there. 

I registered on the site using my same user name a few days ago so I'll be there after this is done May 31.   

http://previously.tv...s/the-bachelor/

Wait!!  I messed up!  The above link is just show recaps and maybe blogs too.  Below is link for the Bachelor forum!!  I'm sorry!!!  I need to get to know the site better!!

http://forums.previo...5-the-bachelor/

Edited by crgirl412, Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:50 PM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 12:04 AM

You can also discuss where everyone will head in the Meet Market thread. I am going to miss this place.