Awards & Nominations: Tell Your Gay Mom I Said Thanks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

360 replies to this topic

Said Avery

Said Avery

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 9:52 PM

Looks like we need an awards thread.

Could 30 Rock possibly win Best Comedy? Well....okay, no. But I've still got my fingers crossed tonight.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:03 PM

And it did!

Yay! Snapple for everyone!

(P.S. I love your title thread so much I want to take it....well, you know.)

Edited by mtlchickie, Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:05 PM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:05 PM

Big Yay for 30 Rock winning Best Comedy!

Big Boo for Alec Baldwin losing Best Actor. At least it wasn't Tony Shaloub.

ETA: Best moment was Jack McBrayer's reaction. He was bouncing all over the place. Hee!

Edited by thuganomics85, Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:07 PM.

hello kitty

hello kitty

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:05 PM

Congrats! I'm an Office fan but I think 30 Rock totally deserved it this year.

irishrose88

irishrose88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:06 PM

Wow, they actually got one right! Yay, 30 Rock!

sunsheyen

sunsheyen

Couch Potato

I will accept Office's loss, only because 30 Rock won! yay to all the dozens and dozens of viewers!

bookemdano

bookemdano

Couch Potato

AWSE!!! That's a big win!

Pinwiz

Pinwiz

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:07 PM

AWSE! THEY WON!!!

[EDIT: Listen to Tina. 6 more years!]

Edited by Pinwiz, Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:07 PM.

Said Avery

Said Avery

Couch Potato

Aaaaaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaah! Emmy people, I still hate you with the blazing fire of a thousand suns and your choices make as much sense as blindfolded dogs pitching wildly at a dartboard but I just let out a shriek so loud because they finally got it right. Maybe there's something about the Best Comedy category. This is like Arrested Development and The Office S2 all over again.

I'm happy to be one of their "dozens and dozens" of viewers today. Rock on, Tina & co.

Edited by Said Avery, Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:15 PM.

Hurley

Hurley

Channel Surfer

Word to Hello Kitty: "The Office" holds a special place in my heart, and deservedly won it last year, but "30 Rock" was the best comedy series of this season, and good on the (mostly horrible) Emmys for getting their crown jewel category right two years running.

milyvan

milyvan

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:11 PM

Things are looking up for old Liz Lemon!! Well deserved. Congrats!!

insanityjones

insanityjones

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:12 PM

OMG! Best Comedy?! I can barely believe it.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:16 PM

Best moment was Jack McBrayer's reaction. He was bouncing all over the place

That wasn't him in the white dress, was it? (I'm guessing it was Jane, also bouncing.)

jgriffin7

jgriffin7

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:17 PM

Finally an Emmy winner I agree with. Way to go Liz Lemon!!!

Oscem

Oscem

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:19 PM

For once, I called it totally wrong, and for once, I am damn GLAD I called it wrong! We were SCREAMING here because we were so excited! (Not a smart move with a sleeping toddler!).

I also love that the clip they played about gay dudes adopting and wanting everyone to drive a hybrid and loving America is my email sig. I recognize greatness. And damn you, 30 Rock, you are GREAT. Let's all go have a Bacon, Beef'n'Cheddar tomorrow to celebrate!

Edited by Oscem, Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:21 PM.

lifeonhold

lifeonhold

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:19 PM

Alec Baldwin was robbed of his Emmy, and thus I held out no hope for 30 Rock as Best Comedy. That made the win so extra wonderful. I screamed a series of "Yes!, Yes!, Yes! ...." and pulled a muscle in my neck. It was worth it.

Happy to be one of the dozens. Congrats Tina and 30 Rock!

ETA: The "What am I, a farmer?" line used in the Best Writing award got a genuinely loud laugh from the audiance (as opposed to the fake, prefunctory laug).

Edited by lifeonhold, Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:27 PM.

Nichomes

Nichomes

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:22 PM

I have nothing of substance to add but that I'm stoked for the emmy win! Also, I concur with EW's blog

11:02 p.m. Dear God, Remember when Arrested Development won the Best Comedy Series Emmy, and then nobody watched it anyway, and then it got canceled? Well, on that note, I'd like you to please smite anyone who refuses to watch 30 Rock in the wake of its Emmy win tonight. I know it's a little harsh, but they'll just be getting what's coming to them. Love, Slezak

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:23 PM

Whoo! I'm happy for Tina and the cast!

kostgard

kostgard

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:24 PM

This is so awse!

And this thread title is about the best thing ever!

ScarlettLynn

ScarlettLynn

Fanatic

• Interests:I'm here because I'm completely addicted to television.

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:24 PM

My roommates are now deaf from my celebratory shriek as 30 Rock won. I was hoping for it and I'm so glad for this bright spot in a pretty crappy Emmy telecast. Not all bad... I had a lot of second choices win... but this moment was definitely the highlight for me.

Jaman

Jaman

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:26 PM

Yay! Congrats 30 Rock! You really deserved it!

HooDoll

HooDoll

Video Archivist

• Interests:As far as TV goes: 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, Project Runway, Arrested Development, So You Think You Can Dance?, Spaced, Three Sheets, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, X-Files, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The People's Court, Judge Judy, PTI, SportsCenter

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:28 PM

I am first and foremost an Office fan, but I am absolutely happy and willing to concede that Season 1 of 30 Rock was better than Season 3 of The Office - TO had its brilliance, but was more uneven for me this year. 30 Rock definitely deserved the Emmy.

GreenEyes284

GreenEyes284

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:30 PM

Hell yes!! I am definitely smiles time over here!! My mouth dropped open and I said "Eeee!!" when they won. So great! Tina looked gorgeous and was darling giving the speech, and I loved watching everyone behind her onstage celebrating! Jack McBrayer is adorable!

Kimbreely

Kimbreely

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:32 PM

I actually woke up my mom in the next room, because I yelled "Yesssssssss!" so loud! But I don't care! I was not expecting them to win after they lost in everycategory today!

I'm so happy, it's ridiculous!

"Thank you to our dozens and dozens of viewers!"

Tina, marry me please!

Edited by Kimbreely, Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:37 PM.

Eugenia

Eugenia

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:38 PM

I had visions of Arrested Development, too, when 30 Rock won (especially when Tina mentioned her "dozens and dozens of viewers", and I flashed to, "There are dozens of us!" Hee!)

But I think that unlike TPTB at Fox, the NBC honchos have shown a lot more willingness to give smart and funny but low-rated shows not only a chance, but also the marketing and promotion that AD never got. Even with the reshuffling at the top at NBC, I have a feeling that 30 Rock may get the chance it deserves.

Edited by Eugenia, Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:38 PM.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:40 PM

Proud to be among the dozens and dozens. Woo-hoo!

carole0708

carole0708

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:41 PM

The neighbors may have thought we were cheering for the Pats, but NO! It was Liz Lemon and all the gay partners out there! Go 30 Rock!

insanityjones

insanityjones

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:41 PM

Proud to be among the dozens and dozens.

Indeed.

ScarlettLynn

ScarlettLynn

Fanatic

• Interests:I'm here because I'm completely addicted to television.

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:43 PM

But I think that unlike TPTB at Fox, the NBC honchos have shown a lot more willingness to give smart and funny but low-rated shows not only a chance, but also the marketing and promotion that AD never got. Even with the reshuffling at the top at NBC, I have a feeling that 30 Rock may get the chance it deserves.

I agree about NBC. They're pretty good about giving their shows a chance to find an audience if they feel like it's worth it. They aren't perfect but out of the major networks they seem to have a fondness for quality shows.

flashmobof1

flashmobof1

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:45 PM

Yessss! I can't remember the last time I actually cheered during an award show. This is such a well-deserved win. Still chuckle over Tina Fey's line in reaction to all the nominations: "this is an outrage". I hope they're all walking on clouds for weeks ...