How I Met Your Mother on the Web: What's in Barney's Blog?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

129 replies to this topic

Chainlightning

Chainlightning

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2008 @ 5:42 AM

Webcomic calls out "HIMYM!"

duckierose

duckierose

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 12:23 AM

Could someone with a better grasp of other languages translate http://www.guyforces...threeyears.com/ for us?

GoldfishGirl42

GoldfishGirl42

Fanatic

• Interests:Red Sox, Patriots, sci-fi, history, literature, crime shows (but not CSI:Miami)

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 9:41 AM

That site has made the episode a little bit funnier by association.
So, from what I can transcribe (warning, my French is good but not great):

(All lines ending with the woman crooning "Gar...bage bag")
Cherie, tu veux te porter un...
(Dear, I want you to wear a... )
S'il vous plait, pour trois annees
(Please, for three years)
Il est interdit (something)
(It is forbidden...)
S'il vous plait, pour porter ca
(Please, wear that)
Quand tu es dans la cafe
(When you are in the cafe)
Quand tu es dans le Champs-Elysees
(When you are on the C-E)
Dans le discotheque quand vous dancez
(In the club when you dance )
Dans l'eglise quand vous priez
(In the church when you pray)
Il parait...quelque chose
(It seems....like something...)
Cherie, j'adore quand tu porte
(Dear, I love when you you wear)
Ne faisons avec tous le monde
(Don't (?) do with all the world)
Cherie, tu veux te porter un...
(Dear, I want you to wear a... )
S'il vous plait, pour trois annees
(Please, for three years)
GARBAGE BAG!

Rorgg

Rorgg

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 9:45 AM

Figured someone would want this. I couldn't make out the end of the line after "Glad" but I got the rest of this (not difficult, frankly, I think it was written by someone with 2 years of High School French and a dictionary).

Dear, I want you to wear a
Garbage bag
Please, for three years, only a
Garbage bag
Dear, it is forbidden to not wear a
Garbage bag
Please, for me, wear this, wear this
Garbage bag
When you leave the house, you leave wearing a
Garbage bag
In the cafe, on the Champs-Elysees, wearing a
Garbage bag
In the club, you're going to dance in a
Garbage bag
In church, you're going to pray in a
Garbage bag
It might be a
Hefty
It might be a
Glad
Anything will do, it [??]
Garbage bag
Oh, yes...Garbage bag...yes

Dear, I love you when you wear a
Garbage bag
We make love with everyone in a big
Garbage bag
Dear, I want you to wear a
Garbage bag
Please, for three years, only a
Only a
Garbage bag

Edited by Rorgg, May 13, 2008 @ 9:47 AM.

Lived In Inch

Lived In Inch

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 12:57 PM

Just sent an e-mail to Robin via canadagirl@metronewsone.com. The one that I sent via canadagirl@metronews1.com got me an automatic error message. Crossing my fingers.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 1:16 AM

So did anyone sit through the slideshow on the Garbage Bag website? There are a few pics with the couple on the Outside Stella's Office Set. And about the couple, anyone want to guess?--Crew, friends of the writers?

Omar G

Omar G

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 4:24 PM

Am I the only one who thinks they made the guy in those slides look like a young Harlan Ellison? Just me?

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 9:43 AM

That's just silly, Omar. Harlan was never young.

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2008 @ 7:11 PM

I just checked out the "garbage bag" site. That raised my opinion of the latest episode. That song has such a Serge Gainsbourg/Jane Birkin sound to it. It's the second American sitcom to give them an homage this season; the first being Flight of the Conchords.

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted May 21, 2008 @ 12:40 PM

For those interested, someone with a HIMYM blog made a post with a screen cap of every clip used in Ted's life-flashing-before-his-eyes/loved ones.

Ted's life

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

• Interests:I'm an easy going person and likes to hang out. I like to observe and learn things, and my passions are movies, TV and travelling. I could say that I believe in the soul, high fiber, good Martini, that the books of Chicken Soup of the Soul are self-indulgent crap. I believe in sweet spot, soft-core romantic drama, good food, and I believe in long-slow-deep-soft-wet kisses that last more than three days. I have a computer, a TV, a DVD player, a bathroom & pizza delivery. Why should I leave the house? Of course, unless you have a damn good reason to drag me out; like hell with fluorescent lighting. In other word: Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and have the time of your life.

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 6:17 AM

Barney's blog: "Thweers bwwn an accieernht. Ok thus isn't wirkuing/ "

jkalderash

jkalderash

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2008 @ 12:37 PM

HIMYM just got a whole slew of Tubey noms: http://www.televisio...inees-revea.php

Best Comedy
Most Underrated Show
Barney for Favorite Character
Best Cast
NPH for Favorite Actor
Sarah Chalke for Best Guest Star
Britney Spears for Most Overhyped Big Name Guest Appearance
The Kiss for Best "Hell Yeah!" Moment
Show With Best Internet Series Extension

The Emmys may not love anyone besides NPH, but the Tubeys know this show is awesome squared!

rumidha

rumidha

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 9:24 PM

Is there a website for HQ episode promo pics and the like? I am grateful that the CBS website even has promo pics, but if there are bigger, better versions out there somewhere, and someone could point me in their direction, I would really appreciate it. And is there just a general home for HIMYM photos online that I'm totally missing? My Google skills seem to have failed. Thank you in advance!

kellykapowski

kellykapowski

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 3:47 PM

I am a relative newcomer to the goodness that is HIMYM, despite being a huge fan of both Alyson Hannigan and Neil Patrick Harris. I ended up finding episodes online at CBS.com, after having wandered to the new HD gallery in order to watch CSI episodes at work. Can I just say, wow, I love this show -- it's funny, it's cute, the dialog is so snappy back and forth. And, of course, NPH is adorable. I loooove him.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to everyone here, and offer up the site as a bribe in case anyone else wanted to watch. I didn't see a post about it earlier in the thread, and since some people seem to have had trouble with the old player, maybe the new HD player will work better for them. They've got the standard single-commercial interruptions to support the player and all that, and having it in high def -- able to maximize/full-screen the window -- is a huge bonus.

http://www.cbs.com/hd/

ElectricMonk

ElectricMonk

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 10:27 PM

And for those of us in Canada (or other foreign countries) your bribe means nothing! Nothing!

I don't suppose you're one of those oft-heard but seldom seen Nielsen families? 'Cause given this show's rating that would be really helpful :).

kellykapowski

kellykapowski

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 10:12 AM

And for those of us in Canada (or other foreign countries) your bribe means nothing! Nothing!

Awww. That sucks. :(

I don't suppose you're one of those oft-heard but seldom seen Nielsen families? 'Cause given this show's rating that would be really helpful :).

No, I wish I was! If so, then Firefly would never have been canceled! (Because my box alone would've made the difference...) No, but seriously, HIMYM is a great show. I didn't realize its ratings were low... it seems like all I hear is people talking about it. That's why I ended up wandering over to the CBS HD thing, which, I have to admit, got me pretty hooked. I'm so glad more sites are putting their eps online. Who knows, maybe they'll come out with an international player soon, EM. I kind of want to try out a couple of the other shows up there, like Numb3rs or Swingtown. Maybe I'm just addicted to HD players. XD

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Sep 25, 2008 @ 10:22 PM

The link to Barney's Blog isn't even on the official site anymore! Anyway, latest entry:

Overcoming Illness
(9/22/08)

As you all know, I recently overcame a traumatic and life threatening experience. While I appreciate the “get well” cards, muffin baskets and boob-o-grams you’ve been so kind to send, many of you are under the impression that the 83 major and minor bone fractures (heh) were the most serious injuries I suffered. False. All the time I was fighting a far more insidious and debilitating condition. Feelings. ...

marya

marya

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2008 @ 9:33 AM

Hee! "Explosive Monogamy"

Edited by marya, Sep 26, 2008 @ 9:33 AM.

AvrilShowers

AvrilShowers

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2008 @ 7:04 PM

PhD in Awesomeness? Like how NPH also holds a PhD in Horribleness as Dr. Horrible?

Loves.

jkalderash

jkalderash

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2008 @ 1:01 PM

OK, this TWoP "Year In Review 2008: Anticipated TV Moments That Paid Off" list is missing its #1 moment: Barney and Robin finally make out. I don't know if anyone at TWoP reads this board, but (IMO) that was hands down the most exciting thing on TV this year. "Until finally... they stopped watching."

http://www.televisio..._anticipate.php

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2009 @ 12:37 AM

http://www.barneysvideoresume.com

http://mysteriousdrx.com/
Logic suppository?! -ha!

jkalderash

jkalderash

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2009 @ 7:03 PM

Great promo from CBS, set to Barney's video resume song: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9Y1tbpTvdOQ

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

• Interests:So You Think You Can Dance, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, Comic Book Men, Alphas, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, Castle, Switched at Birth, Survivor, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Dexter, True Blood, Torchwood, and cancelled shows like: BTVS, Angel, Firefly, Dark Angel, Roswell, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Battlestar Galactica, Tru Calling, Smallville, Wonder Woman, Black Adder, Reaper, the 4400, Coupling (UK) Pushing Daisies, Heroes, and many more.

Posted Feb 9, 2009 @ 10:15 PM

I'm in Canada and it says, "not available in your country."

Emmett

Emmett

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2009 @ 9:01 PM

I'm in Canada and it says, "not available in your country."

Try here.

SwtSassyMolassy

SwtSassyMolassy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2009 @ 9:31 PM

Thanks... I've been wanting to see that all day, but I couldn't cuz of the stupid geo-gating... so now YOU are awesome, Emmett! ;-)

Shattered

Shattered

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 12:37 AM

My absolutely favourite part is the "This isn't Barney Stinson singing this song. That would be really lame." Hee. So much love for that.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

• Interests:I'm an easy going person and likes to hang out. I like to observe and learn things, and my passions are movies, TV and travelling. I could say that I believe in the soul, high fiber, good Martini, that the books of Chicken Soup of the Soul are self-indulgent crap. I believe in sweet spot, soft-core romantic drama, good food, and I believe in long-slow-deep-soft-wet kisses that last more than three days. I have a computer, a TV, a DVD player, a bathroom & pizza delivery. Why should I leave the house? Of course, unless you have a damn good reason to drag me out; like hell with fluorescent lighting. In other word: Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and have the time of your life.

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 2:12 AM

There are three version? I only seen first and third version, anyone know where I could see the second version? I'm not from USA, so I can't see the videos from CBS website.

My absolutely favourite part is the "This isn't Barney Stinson singing this song. That would be really lame."

Me too. And the part of, "References available!" Totally addicted with the music. They really need to put the whole song or something.

SwtSassyMolassy

SwtSassyMolassy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 9:33 AM

I know, I actually hear the song playing in my head several times a day... it's catchy and addictive. I kind of want to have it on my iPod.

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

• Interests:So You Think You Can Dance, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, Comic Book Men, Alphas, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, Castle, Switched at Birth, Survivor, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Dexter, True Blood, Torchwood, and cancelled shows like: BTVS, Angel, Firefly, Dark Angel, Roswell, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Battlestar Galactica, Tru Calling, Smallville, Wonder Woman, Black Adder, Reaper, the 4400, Coupling (UK) Pushing Daisies, Heroes, and many more.

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 12:46 PM

Awesome!!!!!! Thanks for posting that link!

Now I need an mp3 of it to go with the Ted Mosby is a Jerk mp3 and the Let's Go To The Mall mp3...

Edited by cagewench, Feb 11, 2009 @ 12:55 PM.

jkalderash

jkalderash

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 2:06 PM

It is pretty straightforward to extract audio from YouTube videos - try Google.