Glark

Glark

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 4:27 PM

Questions! Answers!

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 9:21 AM

Has anyone heard the song Rock Hard Times by the Eels? I swear the theme song to show is that same song.

likeelectric

likeelectric

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 2:32 PM

The theme song was written and preformed by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays. It's their band... though I can't recall the name of it right now.

Drew T.

Drew T.

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 3:14 PM

The Solids, I think. The song's called "Hey Beautiful."

Araes

Araes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 7:37 PM

Yeah, its The Solids. They have a MySpace page where you can listen to the song. The part that is referenced in the opening credits is only the very last bit of the song "Hey Beautiful" - around 3:08 or so, but the rest of the song is quite listenable as well.

Amusing sense of humor. "The Band That Does The Song From That Show".

They can also be found at www.thesolids.com

BStu

BStu

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 2:59 PM

Though the original is the creators band, The Solids, I think a commentary from the S.1 DVD set confirmed that the version used on the show is not performed by the Solids. Anyone else remember that?

It is, indeed, a good song. I was lucky enough to download it from their MySpace page before they turned it off. You can hear the themes of the last bit throughout the song.

Jay

Jay

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 3:19 PM

It's also apparently available on iTunes; at least, their website says "visit iTunes", although I haven't checked it personally. But there doesn't seem to be any download links, either on the page or the Myspace, and they don't have an album out yet, which is kind of a shame.

contrapuntal

contrapuntal

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 10:26 PM

It sounds as if it's the Solids performing the show's theme song (the voices sound the same to me), but it's definitely different from the original coda to "Hey Beautiful." The fade is totally different, for one thing. But yes, it's a great song.

Now, what I wanna know is are those the Solids backing up Robin Sparkles on "Let's Go To The Mall," either in the video or on the song itself. That song *is* a Carter/Bays original, yes?

Edited by contrapuntal, Sep 17, 2007 @ 10:27 PM.

jpchan

jpchan

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 6:04 PM

It's also apparently available on iTunes; at least, their website says "visit iTunes", although I haven't checked it personally. But there doesn't seem to be any download links, either on the page or the Myspace, and they don't have an album out yet, which is kind of a shame.

I purchased it as soon as I saw the single on iTunes. Best part is the album cover.

Pinwiz

Pinwiz

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 2:31 AM

I want to make a recruitment DVD for the show, but I only want to include three Season Two episodes. Two seem obvious:

1. Slap Bet - Obviously.

2. Showdown - Barney on TPiR, Robin forcing Lily to eat, touching ending, etc.

What's the third? (And if you think that something should replace Showdown, let me know your argument.)

kathrynann

kathrynann

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 9:11 AM

I think Slapbet and Showdown are really good choices. For the third one I might go with Crazy Eyes/Swarley or Something Blue to draw them into the cuteness of Marshall and Lily. I also don't think you could go wrong with the Fiero episode, but I'm biased because that's one of my all time favorites.

ember mecca

ember mecca

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 10:32 AM

What about How Lily Stole Christmas? I know it seems a little OOC for Ted to call Lily a grinch, but I've always liked how it shows that she didn't just break up with Marshall. She broke up with Ted, too. Plus, you get sick Barney's nose overflowing with awesome, Robin the nurse, and a flashback to college Ted, Lily, and Marshall (who's so high he couldn't find outside).

jkalderash

jkalderash

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 11:37 AM

I watched Something Borrowed the other day, and it's awesome ("Look me in the eyes and tell me you want to marry Marshall," the head-shaving, the harp player, the sweet wedding ceremony) and surprisingly non-spoilery for being the penultimate episode in season 2. Watching it gives away that Lily and Marshall get married, but not that they break up temporarily, or that Ted and Robin get together.

Omar G

Omar G

Network Executive

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 2:48 PM

I love the Fiero episode. All the flashbacks in that one are great.

Showdown is pretty damn good, too, though.

dchmello

dchmello

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 8:56 PM

I'm could swear I've seen every episode, but for the life of me I have no idea what the significance is of the blue(?) French horn. And I played French horn, so I'm sure I would have caught the reference. Help!

dazzy

dazzy

Stalker

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

I'm could swear I've seen every episode, but for the life of me I have no idea what the significance is of the blue(?) French horn.

In the pilot episode, the horn is hanging on the wall at the restaurant Ted and Robin go to for their first date. He later steals it for her, and it hangs on the wall above her fireplace while they are dating.

MaidMarian

MaidMarian

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 12:13 PM

Just last week, I recommended two episodes to a couple friends who hadn't seen season two yet, and they were precisely those two episodes: "Slap Bet" and "Showdown." So awesome. For a third, I would say "Swarley" or "World's Greatest Couple" or "Ted Mosby, Architect."

heathermt1281

heathermt1281

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 12:53 PM

I agree with Slap Bet and Showdown for sure. I also like Okay Awesome, The Pineapple Incident, Slutty Pumpkin, or Monday Night Football (Ted's devices to avoid spoilers are hilarious!)

Wrong Heaven

Wrong Heaven

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 10:51 PM

I second (or whatever it's up to) "World's Greatest Couple" - I think it's one of the best episodes of the series so far. Man, I need to do an entire re-watch.

Araes

Araes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 11:50 PM

Wow, I'm surprised I'm the first person that would recommend "Lucky Penny". Loved that episode.

"I've ridden the subway twice, end to end, I've seen where it turns around
Ted, you don't ever wanna see where the subway turns around."

Drew T.

Drew T.

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 11:38 AM

Yeah, I think that's a good one, not only because it's funny but also because it sort of lays out the beliefs of the show, the notions of destiny that are so heavily ingrained into the fabric.

tvguru94

tvguru94

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 3:22 PM

Anyone know if CBS.com will have full episodes available this season?

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 3:41 PM

Anyone know if CBS.com will have full episodes available this season?

They do. Just go to the user-unfriendly CBS.com/innertube and look around. Last night's episode is up.

eagle

eagle

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 8:07 PM

Can anybody explain, using very small words, what plug-ins I need to see last night's episode on Innertube? I clicked on the episode, and Firefox told me I needed a plug-in, but when I clicked, it said no suitable plug-ins were found. Please don't tell me it's because I'm on a MacBook, because I may start hyperventilating. I didn't realize how much I missed this show until I was cruelly denied access to it!

Emaline

Emaline

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 8:54 PM

It's definitely because you're on a Macbook. Believe me, I searched high and low for some kind of workaround - but certain Internet content just won't work on a Mac. Devastating.

eagle

eagle

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

Argh! I had a sneaking suspicion, but I didn't want to believe it was true. Well, I now hate CBS online.

Clearly, I'll just have to find a way to watch it at work.

tubemuse

tubemuse

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 10:53 AM

Yes, another MacBook user here...CBS innertube is not very nice to us.

Just an FYI, as of yesterday, How I Met Your Mother is now available on iTunes!

jkalderash

jkalderash

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 11:26 AM

Hmm, it works for me, if very badly. I have a G4 Powerbook, Firefox 2.0.0.7, with the following media-related plugins (to see which plugins you have, type about:plugins in the location bar):

QuickTime Plug-in 7.2
Shockwave Flash
RealPlayer Plugin
Divx Browser Plug-In
Windows Media Plugin
Shockwave for Director

You'd think it would work better on a MacBook. Weird.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 5:55 PM

This has been bugging me all day, because I swear I used to be able to watch the HIMYM videos on my MacBook last spring. But yes, it sure wasn't working today.

However, I've got it working now. I downloaded new everything (apparently applications now get 2 generations out of date in months -- in fact my old RealPlayer icons turned into nonstarting generic ones as I tried to click them), restarted, and find I can see Innertube on cbs.com.

Firefox 2.0.0.7 or Safari 2.0.4 or Camino 1.5.1
RealPlayer 10.1.0

Then RESTART.

Before restart, the browsers didn't even list RealPlayer as a Player Settings option (little link above the viewer screen) -- just Flash with no icon (didn't work) or Windows Media Player (said I didn't have it installed although I did). But now it does show RealPlayer and it works without my having to fiddle with settings or anything like that. Fingers crossed!

tvguru94

tvguru94

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 1:15 PM

Thanks for the response, LizDC. I had checked CBS, but it still was not showing up for me. Finally got it on Wed. But good news about iTunes, because innertube seems to be the worst of the online viewers.