How I Met Your Mother in The Media: Famous in Canada

• Please log in to reply

661 replies to this topic

mbd

mbd

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 20, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

Interview with Craig Thomas. Episode recap, comments on Barney and Robin's engagement, info on the return of a former guest star:

http://insidetv.ew.c...le-post-mortem/

jch323

jch323

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

Deadline is reporting the show still will not die and will come back for a ninth and final season.

mwitter2003

mwitter2003

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

Good. Now they have a date to rap it up so the quality of the show should improve.

mbd

mbd

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

I wish Segal had stood his ground.

kirinan

kirinan

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 22, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

Oh, MBD, I so agree. Good God, Bays and Thomas, please just put this show--and those of us who fondly remember how good it used to be and now have stopped watching (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one)--out of our misery already.

Edited by kirinan, Dec 23, 2012 @ 8:33 PM.

clear

clear

Fanatic

Posted Dec 22, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

Good. Now they have a date to rap it up so the quality of the show should improve.

I wouldn't be so sure. I bet a year from now, CBS still won't have any new comedies, and they'll want a tenth season. And they'll offer the cast a truckload of money, and Jason Segel will cave again.

mwitter2003

mwitter2003

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 22, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

I will watch every episode until it's canceled or until they call it quits. There aren't any good comedies out. I like watching the 5 characters ive followed for years. When they are released to DVD I can choose which episode I watch but when they stop making HIMYM I will have less to choose from. Myself like everyone else who Blogs about the show gets alot more from the show than the 24 minutes it runs each week. If there a only a few good episodes in each season, isn't it better to see them instead of nothing at all?

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Dec 22, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

They do realize that they set it up so that Ted's daughter was already born in 2015, right? That means she was likely concieved in 2014, so...seriously, what the hell?

Edited by MethodActor05, Dec 22, 2012 @ 3:15 PM.

clear

clear

Fanatic

Posted Dec 22, 2012 @ 6:45 PM

"Kids, you know I met your Mother at Uncle Barney and Aunt Robin's wedding. But before we get to that, I have to tell you about the time back in the spring of 2010 when your aunt Lily bought a pet ferret . . ." This actually opens up a whole new world of storytelling. We can see all the stories of douchebag college Ted, hippie Barney, canadian Robin, everyone.

(I hope I'm kidding).

Looking at "Trilogy Time", Ted has a daughter by 2015, although the show never gave the month. This makes it possible for her to have been conceived in, say, March 2015 at the absolute latest. If season 9, and the show, ends in June 2014 with Ted meeting the mother at Barney and Robin's wedding. So, love at first sight, marriage after only knowing eachother for a few months, child conceived right after? It's just possible.

undecideable

undecideable

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 22, 2012 @ 7:06 PM

Wasn't trilogy time specifically dated as April or May 2015?

clear

clear

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:29 AM

They never specified any month, just the year. The episode aired in April, but theoretically it could be any time of the year.

CChambers

CChambers

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 23, 2012 @ 4:26 AM

At the beginning of this season I decided that the day they announced that this would not be the final season would be the day I stopped watching the show until the last 4 episodes of the series. I just deleted my season pass. See you next May!

HelloooKitty

HelloooKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 1:08 AM

I know I am probably late to the game here, but I just discovered this clip from like, 6 years ago and had to share it!

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=EhXsJjVdj1E

chillingnumbnes

chillingnumbnes

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 7:30 PM

'How I Met Your Mother': Robin-Barney wedding coming this season, Season 9 deal still not finalized

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 2:28 PM

Season 9 will be the last.

"Through eight years, How I Met Your Mother has mastered the art of leading-edge comedy, emotional water-cooler moments and pop culture catch phrases,” said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. “We are excited for Carter, Craig, Pam Fryman and this amazing cast to tell the final chapter and reveal television’s most mysterious mother to some of TV’s most passionate fans.”

"We‘re thrilled to have the entire and incredibly talented How I Met Your Mother cast back for one final season to bring the series to a proper close,” said Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen of 20th Century Fox Television. “Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are masterful and hilarious storytellers, and we have no doubt that they will guide one of the greatest comedies of the last decade to a gratifying conclusion when they finally reveal the identity of the Mother."

Edited by jw7579, Jan 30, 2013 @ 2:31 PM.

notwisconsin

notwisconsin

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 2:36 PM

Okay, the negotiation have managed to screw up the ninth season. It's too late to change everything now, they either have to have him meet the mother this season and have a one-season "victory lap" sequel or do 24—the sitcom with a ten episode wedding.

Somebody

Somebody

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 1:43 AM

He should meet the mom in this seasons finale, and then date her etc. in the last season, proposing or something or getting married in the last episode. I don't want to just meet the mom and that's it. Although she has huge shoes to fill at this point.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:22 AM

If they wait until next season, he's going to have to impregnate her on the first date. So much for Ted's grand romantic life.

Nijntje

Nijntje

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 7:35 PM

Cobie Smulders’ smouldering past: Sitcom has fun with Vancouver actress’ Canadian links

Warning: Contains some spoilers about the upcoming episode.

JoeFoly

JoeFoly

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 4:26 PM

Not sure if someone posted this elsewhere.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2630001.html

mbd

mbd

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 7:47 PM

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-191623642.html

TVLine has learned exclusively that Cristin Milioti, who was unmasked as the titular mom in last week’s season finale, will take the title of series regular during the comedy’s upcoming ninth and final season.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 3:28 PM

How I Met Your Mother @ Comic-Con: Ted's Ticked-Off Kids (Watch Video!) & an Epic Slap (contains spoilers)

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 4:23 PM

I didn't click on the above link because of the spoilers, but this was on the CBS site.

Bazinga1987

Bazinga1987

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 20, 2013 @ 6:33 PM

LOVED the clip with Ted's kids! LOL

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 4:21 AM

David Henrie grew into such a hunk.

Pache

Pache

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2013 @ 9:38 AM

From TV Guide

n its eight seasons, How I Met Your Mother has introduced almost all of the character's parents. Finally, it's Robin's (Cobie Smulders) turn.

"We'll meet Robin's new stepmom, who wants to sing at her wedding," says executive producer Carter Bays. "And Robin's mom, whom we've said almost nothing about, will also be a factor, whether we meet her or not. We'll be exploring why Robin hasn't talked to her. Her personality will help explain Robin in the same way her dad's did."

Bays adds that, after HIMYM's series finale, he's not ruling out the possibility of a relationship-themed spinoff.

In the great TV tradition of never letting a show die.  I do wonder which relationship they would follow.  Marshall and Lily are out, because AFAIK it was like pulling teeth to get Jason Segal to sign for this season. I think NPH and Colby Smothers have other things to move onto or at least if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. holds on they have talked about adding her to the show. Josh Rador has shot a movie.  I just wonder who they would carry over to a new show.

clear

clear

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2013 @ 5:37 PM

Alyson Hannigan would probably do it.

The current issue of Entertainment Weekly has a huge cover story on HIMYM. It has a show retrospective and lots of talk about the new season. It's mostly stuff we've talked about in these threads, but it does spoil how Lily meets the Mother, for the curious. 

mbd

mbd

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2013 @ 3:11 PM

The current issue of Entertainment Weekly has a huge cover story on HIMYM. It has a show retrospective and lots of talk about the new season. It's mostly stuff we've talked about in these threads, but it does spoil how Lily meets the Mother, for the curious.

@clear, would you be able to link to this article, please?

clear

clear

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2013 @ 6:35 PM

I can't. It's from the print edition.

mbd

mbd

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2013 @ 10:24 PM

Thanks for replying. I actually came across a short video clip online (promo commercial) with Lily and The Mother.