Glark

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 4:26 PM

Media-y!

imwalrus

imwalrus

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 11:50 PM

According to an article here: http://www.tvweek.co...ow_i_met_on.php
CBS is upping HIMYM's presence on the internet and will be showing "how it really happened" footage that they claim is too
risque to be shown on television - including "sex, drugs and Ted and Barney in a hot tub."

Drew T.

Drew T.

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 8:47 AM

Last season the show averaged a 3.5 rating and a 10 share in adults 18 to 49 and is the network’s top-rated scripted series among viewers 35 and under.

That's an interesting fact considering the fact that CBS has some of the most watched shows on television period. I knew this show skewed young, but it seems like it skews younger than I could have imagined.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 10:12 AM

I think it also means that CBS does very poorly with under-35 viewers generally.

Omar G

Omar G

Network Executive

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 11:16 AM

I have to admit that it being in the same comedy block as "Two and a Half Men" and "Rules of Engagement" kept me away for a while.

BStu

BStu

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 3:06 PM

Yeah, I'm getting the damning with faint praise vibe, too. Still, its a bulwark into the sub-35 market for CBS and these "viral" videos keep getting them media attention so its at least doing something for the show and network.

rmiriam12

rmiriam12

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 3:14 PM

Speaking of viral videos, I think it's worth reposting this fun clip. It is from the now-cancelled Megan Mullally Show containing a rendition of "Confrontation" from Les Miserables by NPH & Jason Segal. It was posted in the old thread, but now that we have these shiny new forums, I think it bears repeating. Apologies, and mea culpa if this should be moved to another thread.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 5:16 PM

I don't know if anybody's seen Entertainment Weekly's Fall TV Preview, but How I Met Your Mother was the featured show in its Monday night lineup, and had a full two-page article about the show (four pages, if you count the two-page spread of the cast). Pretty intersting, and mildly spoilerish. One particularly fun blurb about NPH's Emmy nom:

Hannigan confides the actor is now demanding he be called "Neil 'Emmy' Harris"; when confronted with these alleations, Harris is shocked. "That's weird," he responds testily. "Because it's 'America's Emmy-nominated Neil Patrick Harris'."

Llamaface

Llamaface

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 6:57 PM

Speaking of viral videos, I think it's worth reposting this fun clip. It is from the now-cancelled Megan Mullally Show containing a rendition of "Confrontation" from Les Miserables by NPH & Jason Segal. It was posted in the old thread, but now that we have these shiny new forums, I think it bears repeating. Apologies, and mea culpa if this should be moved to another thread.

I cannot even tell you how much I love this video. I saw it on Give Me My Remote after it first aired (GMMR is a huge HIMYM fan, so you can find lots of news about the show there), and was mesmerized. I saw NPH in a touring company of RENT way back in the day (He will always be Mark a little bit to me), and now I'm obsessed with seeing him sing as much as possible. I was surprised that Jason had such a good voice too, though! Sure made me want to hang out with all of those guys.

ImNotLeesa

ImNotLeesa

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 10:20 PM

Thank you TM Maple for reposting that. I had never seen it before, and it cracked me up. (How I missed it, I have no idea)

I had to watch it a couple times to soak it all in, first to take in the awesomeness that is NPH and JS's performance ...I love the way NPH totally committed to it, and then JS matched him as the duet went on. Then, I had to watch it again to appreciate what the rest of the cast was doing during the song (Cobie acting the scene out with her hands, cradling a baby when they sang about a baby, etc, and AH, JR just cracking up) Megan Mullally didn't really know what to do with them ...and that was after she worked for like 40 years with the cast of Will & Grace :-)

surfsup79

surfsup79

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 6:07 PM

Cobie got fugged! I personally don't think it's that bad. Or warrants to be up there with some of the others. You might have to scroll down a bit.

Edited by surfsup79, Sep 21, 2007 @ 6:08 PM.

HooDoll

HooDoll

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:14 AM

On that same page, there's a total Marshall & Lily wedding reference!

Emaline

Emaline

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

Forgive me if this is in the wrong thread - I'm new to posting on TWoP.

An amazing three-minute recap of the past two seasons, narrated by Future Ted! This got me so pumped for Monday night, I had to share.

big chicken

big chicken

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 9:24 PM

The new season begins this Monday, right? That promo has me tripley excited for the premiere.

Drew T.

Drew T.

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 9:31 PM

Whoa, that video was totally steak sauce. Actually managed to cover just about everything that's happened.

Man, I'm so excited.

Dreamer Forever

Dreamer Forever

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 3:35 PM

That video (aside from it being AWESOME of Barney proportions) reminded me of how Caroline in the City opened their second season.

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 10:24 PM

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing that link!

Huntley

Huntley

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 5:02 AM

Oh my wwwwwOW! I actually teared up when the Season 3 clips rolled by, shivers and all. I can't wait for that -dary. So that's the ifamous umbrella, eh?

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Sep 24, 2007 @ 5:43 AM.
to remove unnecessary spoiler tags

uncommonwoman

uncommonwoman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 9:58 AM

Woo. Thanks for that. Can't wait for tonight. Until then I will spend all my time deciding why they chose all the things they did, I mean beyond the obvious.

justjoan

justjoan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 3:19 PM

Tiny little "hey, it's back" article here (light spoilers, TV Guide-level). It only caught my attention for the first line: "Coming off a lackluster sophomore season, CBS's 'How I Met Your Mother'... shows improvement in season three as it finally gets on with its premise." Kind of a marked contrast to pretty much every other critical take on the second season, that. No show can please everyone, of course, but every other critic I've seen thought S2 was a leap up from S1 (personally, I have no critical faculties when it comes to this show, so I just love them both equally and go on my merry way). Anyway, weird.

Oh, and he's never heard "tramp stamp"? Really? 'Cause I live in the armpit of nowhere, and it made its way here ages ago.

Drew T.

Drew T.

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 3:25 PM

TV Gal gave the premiere a glowing review. Slightly spoilery, but nothing you probably haven't seen if you've seen previews. She said she normally considers the show four stars but she's giving it five for the premiere.

Edited by Drew T., Sep 24, 2007 @ 3:27 PM.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 10:09 PM

The record label PS Classics (a wonderful label, by the way -- practically the only one left that still makes cast recordings) threw an unexpected HIMYM shout-out into its newest news item. I excerpt just the last bit:

The performers include Sally Ann Triplett, Ian Bartholomew, Michael Jibson, Sam Kenyon and Elliot Levey as real-life flying pioneers Amelia Earhart, George Putnam, Charles Lindbergh, and The Wright Brothers, whose aerial exploits were (to quote the small screen’s most notable wingman, Barney Stinson) legen- (wait for it) -dary.

I find it all the cooler because it just assumes that all literate people will know exactly who Barney is without further identification.

Edited by Rinaldo, Sep 28, 2007 @ 10:09 PM.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 1:06 PM

From Kristin at E! - Massage Orgy! HIMYM Set Visit Shenanigans

uncommonwoman

uncommonwoman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 1, 2007 @ 1:18 PM

That PS Classics thing is awesome. I have shared that with so many people now. I love that they didn't identify it further like you said. Because everyone should know who Barney is. I find it all the more appropriate because I have a PS Classics recording of "Assassins" with Neil Patrick Harris.

Edited by uncommonwoman, Oct 1, 2007 @ 1:19 PM.

honeyhoney18

honeyhoney18

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 10:28 AM

15 Stars in Their Favorite T-Shirts

Alyson, Jason, and Neil are all featured.

tonks

tonks

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 5:53 PM

Probably the wrong thread for this, but here is an article about how the word 'moist' makes women cringe.

adri278

adri278

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 12, 2007 @ 2:09 AM

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but check out the third picture in this post!

It's Barney's wildest (well, maybe not wildest, but y'know) dream come true!

Adrianetts

Adrianetts

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 12, 2007 @ 4:30 PM

http://www.cbs.com/p...pbet_countdown/

Again, it may be the wrong topic but... one more week for Slapfest! Can't wait!

AngleMan

AngleMan

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 12, 2007 @ 6:02 PM

http://www.youtube.c...wimetyourmother Preview of Slapsgiving.

Edited by AngleMan, Nov 15, 2007 @ 2:48 PM.

Ms of Arc

Ms of Arc

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 17, 2007 @ 11:29 PM

Tiny article about Marshall and the show - The Harvard Law (Television) Review